Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. doppleghost

doppleghost Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Update!
    Location: Ozamiz City,Misamis Occidental Province, Mindanao Island, The Philippines

LGU(Local Government Unit)/City Government are giving sack of rice and other food items only to health workers in all villages(but we called it "barang-guys"). No news on giving relief goods to all residents.Announcements are conducted every hour in village speakers to do handwashing and staying indoors then a message from the Mayor of the city. It is like he is having a campaign period right now, i don't like him though and even his father who is a congressman of the 2nd district of the province who only visits our place during election period.

One of the supermarkets here are closed, I don't know why. Food market and establishments are still open. We are near the seaport(the seaport was open again) and my brother is working on that area. He told me that there is a passenger ship but no passengers inside, only cargos. The barge are doing special trips for trucks to Lanao Del Norte Province. I will attached a satellite image of our port and LDN port. I will also attached a pic of confirmed cases in Mindanao Island(march 25).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
    So apparently they're going to clamp down on all non essential trips within a 2km radius of your house. We've been on lockdown since the beginning of March with school closures etc. Childcare facilities are closed, universities and companies have advised people to work from home. Social distancing practices are in place and the government has asked people to please listen to the guidelines because apparently 50% of all infections so far have been community transmissions. So people need to pull their socks up and act responsibly.

A new bill was just passed too. A rent freeze is in place and you can't be evicted from your residence during this period. People who are unemployed temporarily can apply for a weekly payment of €350. They're also covered by our healthcare system. The government are trying their best. I hope the new measures save lives.

https://www.thejournal.ie/leo-varadkar-coronavirus-5060475-Mar2020/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  3. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    No I do the real test, not rapid one.

US got hit hardest with 100,000 patient. Then I suppose Our country is double than that.

Femme Fatale likes this.
  4. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    The US is at the top now with cases developing rapidly....it doesn't surprise me with president fuck wit and his band of monkeys for hire. :( I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad I'm not there now. I just wish all my family were here with me. :( My mom is close to her seventies so....*sighs*...I'm fortunate my family is taking care of eachother. (large extended family). They mostly live on the Island where they are still recovering from the two major hurricanes (since Maria) and Earthquake (this year). It's hard times for my people.

5. doppleghost

Reading List:
    Link
    All landlords are advised to extend the due date of paying rental fee to all boarders here. Some of them are giving $10 or PHP 500 which is enough for 15 days on instant noodles. All bills are are extended for a month for paying, from telephone, internet, loans, house rental, electric, water, etc. The national govt are also giving money to the poor household. Homeless are given food and shelter by universities in exchange for labor like repackaging goods that will be given to all residents in the vicinity.

6. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Day 3 in New Zealand: As of 2pm today we have 451 total cases. 416 confirmed / 35 probable / 0 deaths / 50 recovered.
    12 people in hospital, 2 in intensive care.

7. Clozdark

Clozdark "Kuma chan \(≧◡≦)/ "「airhead」「nonsense speaker]

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m scared of riot and witch( chinese ) hunting since we are minorities here, I am in the middle of preparing some weapon in case the society falls before the cure found.

Shio, felidormit, imK and 2 others like this.
  8. doppleghost

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand about your situation as a minority. But if everything goes wild, I am ready. We experienced war and terror for years, riot is just a piece of cake, you just aim their vitals who tries to attack you. Trap is also my forte since I was young.

felidormit, prongsjiisan and imK like this.
  9. prongsjiisan

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yeah where do you come from? My advice is stay lowkey, do not became a highlight, I do believe if some government need a blacksheep. They'll point to the obvious minority.

Remember stay low key, this applies to your family too.

felidormit and Femme Fatale like this.
  10. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    On-the-spot fine of $1600 for individuals violating 14 days social isolation and up to $10k for businesses violating rules

11. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand Day 4: As of 3pm we have 514 total cases.

476 confirmed
    38 probable
    9 in hospital
    1 death

Our first death was a 70 year old woman. The police starting to get really serious about enforcing the lockdown. It's gone from "Hey guys, please be considerate" to "Look buddy, I'm tired of your shit. Either do what you're supposed to or free holiday in a holding cell. Your move". One guy's already been arrested and charged for flouting the laws. I expect more to follow.

12. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    :(

prongsjiisan and imK like this.
  13. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Indonesia, in the city where the first case of Corona was detected.

It's nearing our 3rd weeks of the so-called "self-imposed' quarantines, and my firm have ordered their employees to work from home.

A few days ago, i've had some urgent business to do and left the house in a full corona fashion (a.k.a., long-sleeved hooded jacket , trousers, mask, gloves and glasses) , and was quite surprised that some people and stores were still doing business as usual. Some people didn't even bother to wear masks. I've found that children still frequent the community park that located in front of my house. At that time, i wondered if it was just me being too paranoid.

A few days later, the number of the infected suddenly reached more than 1000 people, and somebody died because of the virus a few blocks from my house. since then, no children sighted at the park (thank god). Thankfully, stocks of fundamental goods in small minimarkets are safe, and there's no panic buying in the area for now, as far as i can see.

that concludes my report:blobpats:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  14. prongsjiisan

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in Jakarta too, it fells like doomsday, all this lockdown eating my mind, but we all should be positive.. MINNA SAN GANBATTE YO!

Coffea to Ell, orematcha, imK and 3 others like this.
  15. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand Day 5: 589 total cases.

552 confirmed
    37 probable
    12 in hospital
    63 recovered
    1 death

People starting to ignore the social distancing thing where I live. If any get it here then hopefully they are first.

prongsjiisan and Femme Fatale like this.
  16. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda noticed that too....the buses are still working...which I dunno would be to me a source of infection. >_>

I think it's more like people are going to work again after a long weekend. *lol* The puppy keeps barking at people now when they walk past the property, she's so brave. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

prongsjiisan and imK like this.
  17. bedullah

bedullah stab from behind. half alive. thank you very much.

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a good move, since we have that kind of situation in our country Indonesia a dozen of years ago, it's a good thing that our president that time was considerate enough to protect the minority.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  18. bedullah

bedullah stab from behind. half alive. thank you very much.

Reading List:
    Link
    Indonesia.
    No lockdown except Jakarta (only the city maybe, idk, ask Mr. Prong)
    The goverment of Semarang, the heart of central java, locked down the city from 6 pm till 6 am because a lot of people who work in Jakarta was coming home. Medias said that the Jakarta's governor suggest a complete lock down but a lot of people rejected the idea, resulting in those who work there to come back to their homecounty.

Semarang : my friend said it's so quiet from six to six, but maybe it's just as always in the day.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  19. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Actualization of Brazil's situation
    3º week (at least from my state) of social distancing
    4256 cases
    136 deaths
    The politicians are all viewing to become kings;
    Our president is doing some shit like usual, but there's some sense on his words that the entiry country shouldn't be in locked, after all:
    • there are places that don't have new visitants for days, they have always been isolated, far from all happenings, small, but the mayors panicked at first and locked down, but now they perceived there was no case in their territories, no tax income, lots of people running out of money and unhappy, so they want to go back to normal (with lots of care of course);
    • there's also the case of people that ran out of money and are going crazy, since those politicians just want people to die a lot, make riot and loot, before passing the money and being closer to their own agenda (note, there were some congressman that wanted to cut by half every upper echelon of the state's salaries and benefits to invest health structure and save money but it doesn't seem like it's going well);
    Some governos are also doing shit by trying to:
    • Close the roads that leads to other states on many points of the road, which some did but were ordered to open again because they are getting in the way of the trucks which delivers foods and other supplies......... there was a sad case of blockage that ended with a factory being entirely burned because it was in the countryside but for the firefighters to get there they had to use that same road that leads to other states which had been blocked.... so they were late, it was luck there wasn't a settlement close enough, if it had it would've also burned...........
    • Close airports, which leads to not only lack of supplies, but gets in the way of delivering medical stuff around the country (organs, medical staff, patients);
    • Trying to monopolize (for their state only use) masks, alcohol gel and disinfectants.
    Some people finally remembered that there was an ex-president with 9 fingers that said we don't hospitals and it was better to make more stadiums to show off to other countries, each stadium worth more than 1 billion when the real cost should be on their millions (or less), right, who needs hospitals? In normal situations we don't need, in this new situation even less, right?

Some mayors have got hold of the fast test and are going to test those that they think are infected......... but there's a problem with their logic, not all infected people have symptoms, in other words, the most dangerous ones are those who aren't suspicious and don't show any symptoms and keeps spreading the disease!!!!!!!

Also, another news: people aren't just fighting covid-19 epidemic here, but also influenza and dengue epidemic (441,22 thousands of dengue cases until now) since the number increased in comparison to last year (I'm actually more worried about dengue around I live since there have been too many cases).

There's been a decrease of road/car accidents, of work accidents and assassinations, which leads to more space on the hospitals.

Going to the situation of my state (Espirito Santo amem)
    71 cases
    0 deaths
    12 healed
    • Although it's a social isolation, even though most of the stores can't be opened, there's a bunch of people around the streets, specially old people (some times even feels like there's more old people walking around than young ones), the children all go to the playground.
    • Supermarkets, pharmacists, bakeries, other food and grocery related places as well as takeaway food shops, restaurants and cafes that can do take away or delivery are still open. Pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes, sporting events, any sort of mass gathering is closed, restricted or cancelled. There's been 2 manifestations until now for the re-opening of the general commerce, they say they will do something about hygiene ways (to not spread the virus but still selling their things). Some non essential food stuff stores are open but with some cares, like attending only at the door with no self service (at least until the police come say that they should close).
    • Schools and universities are closed, those which can give online classes are giving. Those who can work from home are doing so.
    • People are more relaxed than the 1º and 2º week..... only anxious to go out to stretch their legs or work (because they are running out of money).
    I think that's it for now.

Oh, I almost forgot. Now with everyone at home people are discovering that the global economy was going to crash and now it has advanced thanks to covid-19......

20. MadraRua

MadraRua :: ˓(ᑊᘩᑊ⁎) :: Divorcee

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe I'm being naive, but what's more important? The economy or lives? The economy can and will recover, not so much dead people. I'm sorry but it seems your government isn't doing enough to support the people through these tough times.

I wish none of us had to go through this lockdown.