Discussion My thoughts about the future of humanity

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Martialegg, Mar 27, 2020.

?

Which do you think the best path for humanity?

1. Purist, which is faithful to the human potential.

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Newtype, which is a complete manipulation and forced evolution of human DNA.

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. Augmented, which is a combination of computer and human.

12 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Hive mind, which combined all mind into one collective mind.

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    O.K., your 4 choices has the makings of a web novel harem. It is a reverse isekai of sorts as each of the girls comes from another dimension/universe/world and each one represents 1 of those 4 "paths". Though arguably the male lead having a romantic attraction to Ms. Hive Mind could be seen as bisexual or pansexual of sorts as Ms. Hive Mind has the collective memories/experiences of various genders/sexes.

Martialegg likes this.
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Back to the subject on hand. I would like to propose a fifth choice-----transcendence.

Humans continue to evolve after repeated amount of failures alongside the course of history. The humans of this observable universe have chosen the path of quantum-machinery and bio-technology. Following these advancing fields of science, humans are likely to develop all options in a sequence of sorts.

Very likely augmentation is already happening in small scales; and no matter how slow or small the progress, it is still factual evidence of augmentation progressing publicly to knowledge we have access to or augmentation kept secret for national purposes. After years of research, and trial and error, we will surely have automated human parts. Keep in mind bio-tech is also advancing alongside this, so there will be augmentation equivalent or comparable to that of science fiction. We already are studying synthetic neuron fiber, and there is also nano tech.

From these developments, the first choice is apparent, and will lead to the next choices. These will be either the purist or new types argument in society. Purist will have the advantage in this argument in the early years, but inevitably new types will become the norm. Purist by definition will change according to times, as science being the crystallization of human knowledge has always been humanity's only potential asserting dominance over other species in this planet. Keep in mind as civilization progress, so does the resources around us diminish in a rapid pace. Unless there is a discovery or public announcement on new means of harnessing energy, we are bound to ruin the planet or leave it. Hopefully inter-planetary travel is possible by then in the near or distant future.

In the futuristic timeline, humans will have old purist factions clash with new purists in social-political agendas. Propaganda in mass amounts will likely happen around the world, as the profit gain in leading and amassing support for technological leaps will definitely be massive. The authorities around the world, majorly in highly developing countries, are in support of this plan. The singularity should likely happen or already did in this futuristic timeline.

After these events, the fourth choice will come, as absolute power corrupts absolutely. Keep in mind we already entered a true realm of science-fiction no longer being fiction. Several or fundamental theories concerning the development of finer tech should have been proven or discussed by the top researchers in the planetary or interstellar committee. Galactic scopes are probable if there are no apparent backlashes or drivels in the unified cooperation in humanity.

The only question is if the fourth choice will lead stop at physical transcendence in the mental realm. If not, then we are likely to create or discover a means to transcend collectively our corporeal bodies. Information at this phase in our human civilization should already be in the realm of reality-warping or ESP.

This is all speculation at best and fantasy at worst. No matter, we will all die out in the end or return back to our roots as immortals. A reminder humans were once considered immortal creatures.

Martialegg likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think any of those weird human improvement paths will be faced with tons of moral questions and get shelved forever without ever being able to be implemented because ethics committees and stuff, so... Purists is the way things will go~

otaku31, Martialegg and girisuherman like this.
  4. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem can solved by explosion, if not.. that means you not have big enough explosion... Fallout call

Martialegg and AliceShiki like this.
  5. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Technically true, but I think most people would rather avoid going the explosion route and stuff, because you know... Jail and what not~

girisuherman and Martialegg like this.
  6. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll do Alita style and develop Panzerkunst.

Martialegg likes this.
  7. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    I really don't know how to answer. I'm caught in between purist, newtype, and augmented.

As for Hive mind --- Absolutely no! From what I can understand it is similar to one mind controlling all others. Like queen bees ruling other bees. However it's actually not that bad since people would be united and have one goal but what if the main mind pushes other minds to do bad things?

Augmented is good but I am scared if people would lose their emotions and became similar to machines. If humans would be half-machines, is it posible to reproduce?

Newtype is good too since it would be cool to manipulate genes to become the best. Still, it would be so unnatural.

For me Purist is still the best! I believe in the human potential. I also believe that humans are very adaptable creatures. I believe that we can naturally evolve.

Actually I'm torn between Newtype and Purist but If I am gonna ask you what would you choose between a kpop star with natural born beauty or one who has a lot of surgeries done?

I don't know about you but I will absolutely choose the natural beautiful one because the one with plastic surgery feels so unnatural! Heyy... i'm just criticizing the face not the values okay? No offense.

I will definitely choose purist though among the four it takes the longest time. I choose to be natural!

otaku31 and Martialegg like this.
  8. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    There is only one true path for humanity and that is...

[​IMG]

Being human slaves of cats! :blobcat_rawr:

Martialegg likes this.
  9. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Indeed. It feels like opening a pandora box, right? It feels like we won't be human anymore xD

otaku31 likes this.
  10. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    OPEN IT!
    At the bottom is hope amidst despair!

11. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok then... Built rockets and go to mars, no law, no government, no one tell you to stop...

AliceShiki likes this.
  12. _BlissCity_

_BlissCity_ head above the clouds

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow! You have shortened what I wanted to say... haha

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a valid course of action! XD

14. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

16. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to say that this is actually hilariously enlightening.
    If I'm rich, I'd be sure to donate my extra savings to the making of genetic modification for catgirls!

17. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    Hive Mind, it's happening as we speak.

18. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it even legal to "own" cat girls?

19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Newtype and Augmented would be combined, and Newtype could be very good as long as it isn't taken too far. If genes were manipulated with only medical or physical/mental performance in mind, and without any intentions of altering behaviours (like is always shown in fiction when trying to scare people about genetic manipulation) then the 'pure' human would still exist in a way, their nature would be the same, but the body they are in would cause them less limitations than it causes us today. The first thing that is already being targeted for change is genetic diseases. 'Pure' doesn't always mean it works the way it should, and our genes can cause us problems.

I'm also trying to learn more about viruses lately, and I havn't gotten far in yet, but I saw this just the other day:
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/what-percent-virus-are-you/
    "One type of virus, retroviruses, inserts a DNA copy of its RNA sequence into the host cell’s genome upon infection. If the virus inserts into a reproductive cell and that cell goes on to produce an offspring, the viral DNA gets passed on from parent to child as part of the *genome. (This is your complete set of DNA, including genes.)

At this point, the virus is locked in and is passed on from generation to generation. These are called endogenous retroviruses, or ERVs, and this can happen in any type of organism that viruses infect, including humans. So yes, that means your genome is part virus. More than 100,000 sequences in the human **genome originated this way. (While there is variation from person to person, there is about 99 percent similarity between the genomes of any two people. So when scientists are comparing the DNA of humans to other species they refer the ‘human genome.’)

[...]

With advances in genome sequencing and computational tools to analyze genomic information, researchers are able to estimate that about 8 percent of the human genome is made of sequences that originated as invasive retroviruses. To put that number in perspective, ***genes (Protein-coding regions, in science speak.) make up about 1 percent to 1.5 percent of your genome."

So basically, our genes/genome/genetic material isn't pure in the first place, it's messy and combined with virus and bacteria genes (though it might be only the mitochondria for the bacteria genes, I haven't read enough into that yet) and we've been taking advantage of that ancient way of genetic manipulation for a long time (which is crazy o_ o. I only finished reading the articles right before posting this, so I'm honestly pretty blown away by this right now. Hopefully it's accurate and I'm not just being tricked somehow.)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  20. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    https://freebeacon.com/issues/kenne...g-them-hours-after-25-million-bailout-signed/