Spoiler A Stepmother's Märchen

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by twistingfeelings, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More info on the original timeline:

Nora was a member of a secret police organization that only supports the Emperor. Unlike the current timeline, his relationship with his father remained strained after Shuli’s death, as his father's abuse continued. From a flashback, Nora is seen at Shuli’s funeral, angry with the children for not realizing how much Shuli sacrificed for them and how things might have turned out different for him if he had received that same love from his parents.

Shuli and Nora did meet in the past timeline. One day, Nora was crying and Shuli, who noticed his grief, consoled him. They talk and Nora realizes that Shuli is also suffering from a terrible misunderstanding (remember, Shuli had a bad reputation in the past) like himself.

On the day of Jeremy’s wedding, Nora was assumed to have delivered the news of Shuli’s death to the kids, because Jeremy sees Nora standing next to Rachael when she broke down crying. Nora also stopped Jeremy and Leon from seeing Shuli’s dead body, politely giving them a reason why they can't see her body. He tells them that they (all four siblings) may be suspects.

After Shuli's death, Nora was in charge of the investigation. He revealed the culprits, which showed that the Cardinal/Pope played a part in the murder, and because this action was a betrayal to the Emperor, it led to a civil war.

On the way to Jeremy's wedding, Shuli was attacked and killed by bandits. They weren't random bandits but knights (who cooperated) and mercenaries who disguised themselves as bandits. This was led by Captain Abington, who was also disguised as a bandit to assassinate Shuli. It is said that Shuli was regarded as dirty/dishonorable by the Neuvansteins, including the knights.

Shuli's dead body was in a horrific state. After searching the whole mountain, her body was found in a scum pit underneath a waterfall. Her body was cut up into many pieces and scattered all over. There were missing parts. The head was barely found. They had to gather the rotting pieces and put them together.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  2. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Shuli *sobs*
    No wonder Nora getting angry at those children.

3. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The church is such a plauge. That is not very chirstiany or whatever the religion those psychos are

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really heart wrecthing. And that is a lot coming from me.
    Its one of those moments that I am glad Shuli didnt know how she died. It could have affected her present relationships. If she knew, maybe she could hated the children more, placed a misguided judgement on everyone she could have interacted with, gave no second chances on people and plagued by nightmares every night. She could have hated everyone of them and she would be justified beyond her perceived behavior. Thank whoever brought back that she didnt remember. Gonna go for ice cream now...

Xi-hime, TyShaye, Amanda16 and 31 others like this.
  5. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone who love family confrontations should check out the new chap. Brava to Shuli. Raising the 'mother' card. Ha. Like what kind of mother sells her own child and is unashamed of that fact.

Great Abbington. You're showing your true colors. Sneaking off, somewhere?

Please @Vivixoxo tell me this is the last of them popping in Shuli's life.

Update: Nora tells Shuli to call him by his name. Let it be a start of a great development between the two.

Xi-hime, Khadz, lazynoodles and 17 others like this.
  6. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so, but one of the chapter show sometimes she get nightmares that she didn't understand. I guess it's about her murder?

Edit: Those sparkles when Shuli ask Nora if he likes chocolate or not, so precious!

7. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah those seem to mostly be about the attack on the carriage, not about what they did to her body after she died.

I gotta say though, I am still not clear on why Addlington betrayed her like that. Does he betray her in the 2nd timeline as well? Or is his betrayal really only based on her perceived behaviour in the 1st timeline?

8. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even her behaviour I'm thr firs timeline isnt enough to justify treason and mutilating her body. So there must be more. But hes acting really suspicious In the second timeline as well

9. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he's a religious fanatic or something? And primarily followed the cardinal's orders, an "envoy of God"?
    As for his behaviour in the 2nd timeline, so far I don't find him overly suspicious - if I didn't know of the spoilers, I would probably not suspect anything at all. Like, take the latest translated chapter - he could simply be having his day off and is therefore not present when her mother and brother arrive.

10. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    So the murder her first and then mutilate her body? May those characters got their payback.

lan2001h, Th.ay, Lisaa and 7 others like this.
  11. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree on Shuli's memories. She remembered the last time she drew breath but not exactly how her body was treated after.

Re:Abbington. Knights has strict moral code and one of them is to protect women and children. For him to attack a unprovoked woman and the one the is still serving is very surprising to me. I would wager that he has a close relationship with the Cardinal's acolyte, his perceived moral judgement on past!Shuli and his misunderstanding of the family that drove him. Im not also discounting that he may benefitted earlier from the Cardinal directly or indirectly like growing as a orphan in one of the charity orphanages to or anything similar to cling for the Cardinal for moral guidance and judgement against Shuli. Maybe he was too idealistic and espoused other morals that he felt past!Shuli's actions were a direct attack of those morals and his. This is just my theory.

Hopefully, he would see sense and the earlier he recognized the true threats, he can come around.

Keeping my watch over you, you wayward Head of Knights.

12. Vivixoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    Nopeeeee! They will show up again and cause even more trouble, especially her brother.

13. Vivixoxo

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m still unclear about why Abbington betrayed her as well since translation was either iffy or it didn’t mention the specific reason why. He is a follower/friend of the Cardinal though, which is shown in the raw chapters that hasn’t been translated yet.

Also the new translated chapter is a bit different from the novel. In the novel, Nora actually interrupted Shuli’s conversation by kicking her brother like he did the first time they met. So it seems that the manhwa might change some small details here and there.

Xi-hime, MianneChan, Khadz and 17 others like this.
  14. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love the children but I really like reading about their regrets in the first timeline.

Like Shuli is just 2yrs older than Jeremy but was able to guard the whole estate. They got their inheritance intact and she waited for Jeremy to be old enough to marry before giving back control (marriage means a more stable power for him and the management wasn't just dropped in his head). Petty me would be like, after two years, this is yours, take it back, I'm running this at your age you can do it as well lol freedom.

mmellowyelloww, Elren, Khadz and 28 others like this.
  15. TsukiSetsu

TsukiSetsu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did Nora and Shuili's relationship changed? How did Nora fell in love with Shuili, considering the fact that he consider her as a elder sister in the beginning?

Khadz and IceQueenRinne1234 like this.
  16. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her death led to a civil war. If that aint the biggest lesson of mind the business that pays you BABY. They cut the shit in the original timeline

Xi-hime, lylac, Reeka98 and 16 others like this.
  17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Please tell me Nora kicked Shuli's brother's bottom? Or sliced him thinly? And I really hope they weren't around when she becomes a Duchess because they are like weeds...

I think Nora got the love at first thing....which is what I read from the chap20, when they first met. He rescues her from her brother and he was kinda intrigued because she talks like his mother (he didn't know she was taking care of 4 kids so...). he finally met her at he late's husband's memorial party and even teamed up with jeremy when two kids implied that she was way too young to be a wife of an elderly husband (you know, the g word). Anyway, I think he already has a crush but he can't really express it since technically she's the same level as his mother which is already a good level of awkward. Then, you have the kids who are very protective of her.

I would like to see his face when he learns that Theobald also has a crush on her....and vice versa. Mt.Theobaldy will be erupting and scheming.

Spoilers here says they got closer together when he visits her when his mom asked Shuli to talk to him so his crush went to friendship then went romantic. I think @Vivixoxo has more details.

Maybe it was the last straw for the nobles to declare animosity and fight back against the clergy. I mean, knowing that class, it's like saying that if they didn't have any action towards the murder of a noblewoman even by marriage, it just says that they are a cowardly faction. I'm willing to bet that they have their own grievances and the timing couldn't be better.

@Vivixoxo . Why does the Emperor have secret police? is he also wary of the clergy?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    Xi-hime, Reeka98, Khadz and 17 others like this.
  18. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    How's the civil war end?

19. lucefer

lucefer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We all know that she doesn't like her at first then become to like her later. She feels sympathy with Shulli because their situation is similar, being second wife, being shadowed by the previous wife and difficulties with step-children and their status. This makes me like the queen a lot

Nora was a knight in charge of investigate for Shulli's murder, he doesn't feel sad since they don't really know each other but he also acknowledged her effort to carry the family and quite angry at the sibling for mistreated her.

He questioned Jeremy where was he when Shulli was killed, Jeremy was really mad because he is hurt by Shulli's death and there's no way he killed her, but Nora said it was well-known that their relationship with her isn't good so they're still the number one suspects at the time

20. Creolenerd

Creolenerd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know this is the novel but the manwha has me screaming!! Shuli had them guards behind her was such a MOOD. She didn't have to lift a finger to tell her mom the hell off and kick them out the house for good. That's my girl

Bleh00, Khadz, lostpanta and 13 others like this.