Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    y'all are really raging over a 14 year old huh.In a novel full of muderers and tyrants she gets the most hate. (we all know why, she's the other prominent female character besides the MC and by virtue we are supposed to hate the second female lead no matter what she does) Sound like a bunch of middle schoolers in here

Im really glad that Jeannette is getting development and hope she gets even more, but you guys keep raging cause she's obviously a favourite of the Manhwa Artist and its clear the author herself wants to expand on her role.

Kek. The power she holds to make people seethe. Respect.

You keep on doing you Jeannette.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    gollyjanet, Creolenerd, Jukki and 3 others like this.
  2. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also remember reading that but i think it was on fnf.

3. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    As much as I would like that to happen, one can count on Jeannette to be the perpetual oblivious. Her development was disappointing for me coz nothing really changed, has it? I was hoping for some realization on her part and to pick something about what's happening but alas! Even my 9 year cousin can read the room and the atmosphere better than she did.
    Heck, Lucas on a revenge killing spree is damn more interesting than her. And yeah, his get up is nicer than before.
    As long as Alpheus and black dude's heads are rolling, I'm in for the popcorn. Jeannete can stay clueless, perhaps that is the only constant in this story. For Claude, I like to see Lucas baiting him like Lucas saying that he's gonna run away with her and they gonna live faraway since Claude isnt being PapaWolf right. Felix can help with the cleanup.
    I hope I dont have to put this series into reading hiatus again...

4. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not that she's hate-able or evil, it's that she is boring. Any boring character in any story is gonna be disliked, it has little to nothing to do with her being "the other female character"
    This arc did nothing for her development. She was just kinda there. She never wondered what consequences her actions could have, never questioned her choices or priorities. She is the exact same person she was before the amnesia incident. Nothing at all happened - and that is boring.

M30WWWW, BlueBubble__, Cessa and 8 others like this.
  5. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    If any lead charcater is gonna be a flat character i.e. a character that does not change or develop in any story, they aren't worth my reading time. I rather be raging for a charcater that does something unspeakable or immoral than a charcater that is boring as peeling paint on a wall. 69 releases and there's no hint of her doing anything. She got screentime for readers to see her POV but shes still a wallflower. I'm already bored by the lockdown and I'm not wasting my boredom to a supposed second lead. Heck, Im questioning why she got lead. Even Orig!Athy was more interesting than her.

M30WWWW, BlueBubble__, Cessa and 6 others like this.
  6. 322098054

322098054 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay fine if you think she's boring. But it seems much more then that. Every other post here mentions that how much they hate jeannete. Literally obsessed with her. If the reason peole disliked her was cuase she was "boring" they wouldn't mention her every other post.

You can feel the strong hate people have when they talk about her. Like she went to there house and killed there cat. Like people have to remind us of how much they hate her

And believe it or not 45 percent of the hate is due to the fact that she was the OG heroine. If she had been a side character there wouldn't be much hate. But the majority of ot is coming from the fact another female characters beside the MC is getting focus. This happens in every manga/manwha.

I guess itmakes sense though. People self insert into the MC too hard that it gets annoying having to deal with another POV

7. jiesuzuru

jiesuzuru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im assuming they are going to give jennete a happy end in the mahua with them inputting her POV on several chapters

8. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if I've noticed the same kind of hate you have, granted it has been a while since I looked back through old posts, but I don't think it is because she is the OG heroine. Think about it this way: yes, if she were a minor side character, noone would care, precisely because she is a side character mob and not important. The problem with her is that she is a truely important key character, but as of right now, there is nothing to her. She has not done anything. Everything is done to her. In most novels/manhwas, people hate the OG heroine or vilainess or whoever because they are written to be hated, that is their role, the story would not work at all without them. They are an essential pillar, an antagonist. Jeannette isn't. Her existance as of right now has zero influence on the story - positive or negative. She is not evil enough so we can love to hate her, or fun enough to like her. She could have been a cool character with conflict, interesting thoughts on the meaning of her existence, a friend of Athy or the complete opposite. But she's just not, and that is infuriating to some - especially in a story that otherwise has quite strong character writing.

Still, I wouldn't say people are obsessed with her, or with hating her. This IS the internet after all - people an only express opinions on the internet in extremes ;)

9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know where the 45% came from since this thread doesnt support a poll. But I can say that right now, if Jeannette didnt exist in the current timeline, I won't miss her. I probably be intrigued on what happened but my concern would be on par as I did with Rosaria, curious and eventually won't care in the long run. She makes it easy to give up on her and put her in the sidelines.

I've been reading to see if she will ever be curious and interested on how fudged up her family ties are. Her setting gives a potential of a telenovela that can run 100 episodes. There are so many ways and plot bunnies that can be born whether she screws it up or save things. Her relationships are complicated even at face value...and she's just there.

I dont see the point of being interested in her becuase she offers nothing to the story. Put an OC character to replace her and I doubt the story would change.

10. Joey-18

Joey-18 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I definitely agree. This is very different from the novel. The novel made Lucas so sweet to Athy when he came back and I'm kinda disappointed with what happened in manhwa. Also, the reunion between Claude and Athy was absurd. That did not happened at all! Jeanette wasn’t supposed to there!?! :blobangery:

Please bear with me as this is not accurate. I read the novel however it is written in Hanggul thus I can only understand it via google translate which is as we all know, not very accurate. Also, all italics were the characters' thinking.

In the novel, Athanasia went inside the Emerald Palace for a quick visit. She thought it was safe to go inside since she saw Claude in the parade (There was a celebration of some sort where Claude needs to be outside). When she went in, Athanasia saw Lily. Claude was there waiting for her. The convo goes like this:

Claude: You’re finally here.

Lily: Princess... (Lily cannot move since Claude puts pressure on her. He kinda use her as a bait.)

Claude: I was aiming for this Celebration... I expected for you to come once in a while especially if I'm not here.

Athy: I’m sure I saw you outside...

Claude: You must have seen the band.

Athanasia used her magic to teleport outside but for some reason, she’s still inside the palace.

Claude: It’s a technique to control magic... It was installed not only in Emerald Palace but also in all parts of the residence. I didn’t know that you will show up at the Garnet Palace so I missed it last time. This time, it will not be that easy.

Claude raised his hand and golden magic circles showed up. When Athanasia saw this, she instinctively tried to teleport away.

Felix: Princess, wait!

Felix tried to stop the princess however She already made the spell but still nothing happened. Claude throw up some blood.

Felix: Sire!

Claude: I already knew it was a trash-like spell, but it's really useless.

Felix: Your majesty, are you okay!?!

Claude: Nobody can use magical power on this magic circle, but the effect of using magic transmits to the caster. It's useless enough to know why it was created, so it was actually a deadly spell. So as you have seen, if you use magic while you're on it, the damage will come to me.

Felix: You're majesty, I could have explained it to the princess.

Claude: If you don't care if I vomit blood and fall like now, you can use magic to get out of this place or even attack me.

Athy: Do you think this is a condition that will stop me now? You think I will be scared to see that you're hurt!?!
    In fact, when I saw the blood from Claude's mouth, my finger instantly hardened like a stone statue. (Due to the blood, Athy remembered her father vomited when he woke after healing her).

Athanasia bite her lips, realizing that she was more than terrified now than she thought. She believed that she could run away from Claude anytime until now.

Athy: So in a way, he was the most effective hostage to tie my feet... If you're going to catch me and kill me anyway, why go through this? Besides, if it is an unfavorable spell for the you, why do this? Is Claude sure that I'm not going to use magic here..? But why when I look at his face, it doesn't seem like that. Then, Claude is really betting on his own life.

Claude: If you disappear again (Eerie atmosphere)... Everyday, thousands of imperialist will be executed and they will be cut into six pieces and will be displayed on the square.

Athy: Now, wait! Are you going to kill all the imperialist now? It seemed Claude began to wreak havoc again.

Claude: I am not a farmer, so if you want to make this Obelia into a huge tomb...

Felix: Your majesty, that's not it! Why are you scaring the princess again? Ugh, this is frustrating!!! If you do that, anyone will want to run away even is it's me... Is there anything else you really want to say to the princess?

Claude frowned and looked at Athanasia.

Claude: Everyone go out!

Athy: (Trembles...) Wait, if you said go out then everyone should go out! Can I go outside with Felix and Lily? Ugh...

Felix and Lily did not move.

Felix: If the princess wishes for me to stay here, then I will not go out.

Lily: I will stay here too...

Athy: Do you swear you will not kill me?

Athy looks at Claude for a moment.

Athy: I'm fine. If I think I'm going to die, I'll scream.

Finally it is just Athanasia and Claude left in the room within the magic circle. Claude rose from his chair and goes toward Athanasia

Athy: Hey, I do not want you to come too close.

At that moment, the atmosphere changed slightly. Athanasia watched with mysterious feelings as the face and eyes of her father shows indescribable emotion.

Athy: This is weird. I mean it's obvious this person in front of me is still indifferent and cold as before then why does it feels like I am seeing an abandoned dog?

Claude stopped. A brief uncomfortable silence the Claude opened his lips and let out a soft voice.

Claude: How have you been?

Athy: Yes? Are you saying hello all of a sudden? Athanasia rolled eyes and look at the door. This person might have eat something wrong. It is embarrassing enough to hear these words from his mouth! Just wandering around...

Claude: Where?

Athy: Walking along the mountain and along the waters.

Claude: I even copied the video from your debutant to the theaters but no one knew exactly where you were.

Athy: I am using magic from that point.

Claude: Do you have money in hand?

Athy: That's also magic, I mean... No that's a secret! I almost mentioned the fake coin!

Claude: I was wondering if you couldn't even have a bowl of porridge anywhere but I guess, that wasn't the case.

They looked at each other for a moment without saying anything. Her father had a very pale and bleak face she has seen since he woke up from his bed.

Athy: You're still not my father.

Claude: Okay. I am not your father.

Athy: But why? Why do you pretend to be my dad when you're not him!?!

Claude: I do not know either.

Athanasia watched Claude who had hardened his mouth for a moment, as if biting it. It wasn't long until he stare at her again. His eyes, different from before.

Claude: When I think of you, I feel strange.

Athy: ...

Claude: It's the same when I see that look.

Athy: I don't know how my face look like but Claude looks weird. He looks as if he had swallowed dozens of pushpins. I don't know what you are talking about but why don't you just get to the point?

Claude: I still don't remember who you are, so I can't be the one you want. (Looks sadly). Maybe... It maybe until the day I die. Still...
    (Clenches his mouth) I cannot tolerate you leaving.

Claude: I do not want hear anything like that goodbye...

Athy: It seems that I had missed you twice before and somehow the air around you cooled down. Your voice is still harsh, but I am no longer afraid of your threats. In the end, I don't even worry if you kill me. But.. Why put yourself in disadvantage? Why do keep coming here when I told you not to come near me? You talking and acting is really opposite!

Athy: Really... What? What is that? Do you know what you're talking about?

Athy: Why are you telling be this?

Suddenly, Athanasia felt she was crying from the inside. At that very moment, Claude expression suddenly changed. He looked choked up.

Claude: I'm going crazy.

Claude: Don't cry

Athy: Started crying.. I hate you.. Ugh... I really hate dad... No, I really really hate myself... You forgot all about me... So everytime I see you, it kills me. You really tried to kill... I'm a fool. You almost die because of me. Stupid! Thinks of Lucas when she did not listened about Blackie. I thought I was being punished! I'm so afraid something wrong will happened you. I really hate... Keeps on blaming herself. Huuu... I was wrong... I was wrong... I won't do it again.

Claude who had been standing still, slowly took a step away from his seat. His hand lifted up, paused and wandered in the air for a while. In the same state, he looks at his daughter.

Athy: I really... Cries.

Claude: I did something I shouldn't do to you. I am sorry.

His hand which wandered in the air reached out to her.

Claude: So stop crying like that...

Hesitatingly, he touched his daughter face wet with tears.

Claude: as a favor...

Athanasia couldn't stand any longer and she was held in the open arms prepared for her. As she dig into her father's chest, tears from her eyes wet Claude's hem.

Athy: Oh, Dad...

Claude: Okay...

Athy: Dad...

Claude: Okay...

What I did there is not even half of the emotion showed in the novel. I know the grammar sucks due to translation but I still felt the drama.

English is not my first language but if someone here wants what really happened during Lucas' and Athy's reunion, I will be more than happy to give you few details.

11. KathyClysm

Reading List:
    Link
    please do, because this was A LOT better than the manhwa chapter <3

12. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it bad that I liked the novel's encounter scene better? Like When Claude trapped her in Emerald Palace with Lily and she tries to escape but if she escapes, he ends up coughing blood? Or maybe Spoon was inserting Jeannette as a way not to waste her appearances in the last few releases? Sides, if Claude is dying, does Lucas gets to stick the World tree Branch into him? Maybe he has secret magical pocket?

13. ailatte

ailatte Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

This really made me cry.

Cessa likes this.
  14. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

I also read this part and that's why I cannot accept the current manwha take on this. I don't mind them giving more screen time to jannet but they obviously put it in a really bad arc. In this arc, there is a huge development in athy's and claude's relationship. We all know that although athy is cute, she's technically manipulative. In here, they both shred all pretense. In a way, it's the arc where Athy openly accepted that she's claude daughter and in which Claude also accepted that he is her father.

But now it changed to Jannet and athanasius (wtheck spells like) entanglements and conflict on their true relationship (which could be nice) while wrecking havoc in the other pair of father and daugther (which is not executed nicely!).

It's like live actions! Where in to congest the time, they are mixing arc and timelines. Live actions are always 50/50. Cries.

I rather disagree. I have read countless reincarnation/transmigration/secondchances and even quicktransmigration. There are the usual cliches ones but there's also the ones that addresses the issue of a character being 'Original Heroine'.

I have met 'OH' who makes out to be 'villains'. As well as those who pulled out themselves to their 'holy mother' attitude and finally got out of the plot of the world, taking on a different story/ML with her. As well as those who remain as is it.

As most of us are readers, I bet the others have become more open-minded in the take on this popular genre.

Leilacus, readerz, Cessa and 3 others like this.
  15. Kaydial

Kaydial Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! First time commenter but months long lurker here, and I’d like to throw my own personal opinion out there.

I have to say that I agree with most people calling Janette boring and such. Personally, I don’t hate her(I actually loved her) but I hate why she’s here storywise(as a threat she poses towards Athy - our heroine - and her survival). I feel bad for the fact that Janette’s being used as a tool of destruction and death by her own - presumably deceased - father and being raised and cared for so she can get Mr. White in with Claude, but she really isn’t that interesting as a character anymore.

Ever since the whole amnesia thing happened, we’ve gotten a lot of focus on her and there just doesn’t seem like a lot of development or progression being done. All I really know about her is like her tragic backstory and that she wants a family and thinks Claude and Athy can give that to her. And that’s about it. There’s like nothing else aside being cute and naive/oblivious.

Like Athy likes money, is good at manipulation, likes to study, and can be very stubborn. Claude is an almost emotionless father who was desperate enough to use black magic to get over his grief of the death of Diana, and yet he’s a great Emperor to his country and kinda unsubcounciously still cares for Athy even after his memory is gone, Felix is a sweet and kind knight but apparently a terrifying force of nature on the battlefield or when doing his job(like almost stabbing Athy in the head as a warning when he thought she was an intruder), Lily is brave and such a good mama bear who was inspired by Diana and took care of Athy when no one else would.
    Lucas is a strong wizard who only stuck around for some interesting drama but (unknowingly) got attached to Athy and now has a friend again after thousands of years of being alone since the death/suicide of his former master, Mr. White loves his son but chooses to focus on his own ambitions and goals rather than what his son wants(like Keal wanting find Athy), Keal gently teases and even likes Athy, and wants to help her despite what his father tells him to do seem as how much time he had spent away from home.

And Janette’s nice, polite, and oblivious who wants a “real” family but nothing more. She doesn’t try to take action since Mr. White told her not to(but Keal still did what he wanted regarding Athy and got away with a smack to the face? I don’t remember tbh) and it doesn’t seem like she wants to do anything. Like there’s no will or drive in her. I think some people are tired about how little she does and about how she’s kinda just there , riding the waves. There’s nothing wrong with a naive character, of course, but she isn’t make any progress or showing us anything about herself. Like what does she like to do aside being attached to the hip of Keal and daydream about Claude and Athy? Granted, that shows how dependent and optimistic she is but it’s not something just about her. I never read the novel but I have seen so many people talk about her buried selfishness and possessiveness that causes her to chose to be oblivious but I have yet to actually see it in the manwha. Which really sucks cause that would’ve been so interesting to see.

And as for the “people hate Janette cause she’s the 2nd female lead and that’s how it is for all 2nd female leads in manwha” no??? I mean, it’s common everywhere but often deserved since most 2nd female leads in this genre(reincarnation, time reverse, etc.) turn out to be villianess characters in disguise or just straight up evil(Like
    Mielle
    from Villianess Reverses the Hourglass). However, there are characters like Gracie from Survive as the Hero’s Wife who I absolutely love because of how sweet and intelligent she is, and I’m always excited to see more from her and how she interacts with the main leads. Janette’s so neutral that it’s ruining her character.

But this is all just my personal opinion, not trying to change anyone’s mind. Just wanted to add to the conversation.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  16. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get there are murderers and all that stuff, but unfortunately for everyone, Plutus decided not to focus on them and instead decided to focus on the wallflower, a wallflower that people liked it or not, had a lot of potential (yes, had, because she lost her chance already). Also, this excuse of her being a 14 y/o doesn't really make sense to me considering how actual 14 y/olds think and act + the era wmmap is inspired on.
    And also, as it was said in a response, she is boring in a story that has a lot of interesting characters, and a boring character annoys people, people develop hate or big dislike to them depending on the actions these characters make. In the case of Jennete in the manhwa(because for most people she is more annoying there) she is a character that refuses to accept the reality of things, a character that chooses to ignore pains of other people for her personal gain without even realizing it(and by ignoring this pains, makes her seem like a hypocrite). In other words, she herself refuses to grow as a person and mature, someone that prefers living in a Disney Princess fairy tale than in reality.

PS: Don't you feel annoyed when someone doesn't act according to their age, even more so in serious things, themes or circumstances? This is what a lot of readers feel.
    That's where you're wrong. It all comes with how interesting the character is, if the character is boring, nobody would like the new POV, while if it is an interesting one, readers would like it. If in Jennettes POV there was more interesting scenes or encounters with Mr. I-should-be-dead (and him not feeling like the biggest OOC ever) these chapters could've been more interesting. Heck, I want a Mr. White POV just because we don't see him that much.

I don't know if you noticed it, but the reunion was literally broken to pieces, like, the chapter when Athy has the pink dress and goes to visit but then goes back to the alpheus mansion. I saw that chapter and I felt like my heart was breaking

17. Pearl1995

Pearl1995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya'll~ our father-daughter dreamteam is taking too long to reconcile.
    If you miss their cute moments, try reading Yungest Princess. This manhwa has been holding me together in the last few days
    I died of cuteness overload :aww::bloblove:
    https://mangadex.org/title/46603/the-youngest-princess

readerz and LightYourNovel like this.
  18. Shuuka4ever

Shuuka4ever Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK.. I've been reading pretty much all the comments in this threat, and I also think that Jeannette is annoying and boring. In fact, I wont continuing mentioning her...
    What I really want to talk about is, now that Lucas arrived, what do you think will happen next? Since this development is very different from the novel I guess we can expect everything. I truly hope he can cure Claude.. However, for some reason I do not feel he will cure him in the short term. On the other hand, Athy is starting to realise what is going on, but she is in the dark (so is Lucas) as to why her magic went berserk. Now, I do hope to see Lucas and Ijekiel having an argument or a show of strength, because we all see that he is starting to deepen his feeling for athanasia and I believe he will want to get close to her or help her. eventually they will have to meet again. ( I am looking forward to it).

As for whitey and the claude's "brother" I do not know what to expect. I may need to go back and read again the manhwa, I guess he is not that powerful (yet?) because he wanted to attack athy and he couldn't because of claude's magic. Also, I do not know if he knows about Lucas or his relationship with athy?

I truly hope that the reason why all those previous chapters (spoiled by Jeannette's POV) are just the beginning of something interesting. I mean, it seems like they are extending the story and leaving the important development for later? I do not believe that the author wants her story to be changed to this extent for nothing. We got all the pieces now:
    -Athy is back in the palace
    -Lucas is back
    - Claude kind of acknowledge athy again and lucas revealed he is dying.
    - Mr white might start making plans now that athy was "found"
    - Alpheus may change his plans or start moving because of lucas
    -Ijekiel may go to the palace and visit athy to he how is she doing
    - Jeannette.... mmm will wait until a kind soul enlightens her... somehow..

Leilacus, Cessa, purpleeee and 4 others like this.
  19. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Had to quote everything separately to make it easier

The World Tree is an almighty being/thing, so if Lucas says he can't cure Claude with it, the excuse better be that is because Claude is too weak rn and gaining a lot of magic will only do worst for him, otherwise, it's gonna be a stupid or nonsensical excuse, because let's be real, even Lucas can't destroy the World Tree, so it would make no sense that Anastacius would be even more powerful than the tree considering that Claude is way more powerful.
    This is one of the only things I've liked about the last chapter, in the novel the incident is never brought up again tbh.

I want to see how it's implemented because you know how strict it is to enter the castle, and having Claude as the major guardian dog of his daughter makes it way more difficult, if they take out the incident with Jennette that made them unable to go to Athys 15th birthday, Kiel would have more opportunities as an ML, and, in the really rare case that he decides to grow a pair, he will go to Claude and tell (be a snitch) of his fathers' plans, and then be like a spy, that way he has a good excuse to go more frequently to the castle and see Athy. (it will also make him more useful as a character).

It is stated in chapter 66 or 67 that he doesn't have recovered his magic yet. And in the case of him knowing about Lucas, even if he knew about it, he doesn't know Lucas is the Ancient Tower Magician, so he shouldn't have paid him any mind, thinking he was just a brat or whatever(Lucas knows how to have a Low-profile).
    I really hope so bc she just butchered the best scene of the whole novel and we really need good retribution for that, Spoon months ago published a wip of what seemed a scene from Athys and Claudes reunion(and that got everyone excited bc in the WIP both of them were crying and hugging each other) and now I just want Lucas to wack Claude in the head and for him to go on a casual killing-spree.

M30WWWW, Leilacus, Hakwifey7 and 4 others like this.
  20. Akiyuki_chan

Akiyuki_chan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I've been waiting for the manhwa scene when Claude will 'actively' trying to catch Athy back (like had been spoilered in the novel), but then we got what we've got, and I was seriously disappointed. Like, really? Athy's coming back to the palace doesn't have any powerful impact like in the novel. And Claude was just saying one sentence that implied that he's worried about Athy then he asks for Jennette?

I know the plot would be hella different ever since it was Anastascius who's resurrected instead of Carax (sorry if the names are wrong). I thought the story would become more interesting, but now the story's just kinda bland overall imo. I mean if Spoon aim to show more (fluffy?) family interractions then I don't think she achieve that at this point. Still I'm attached because of her gorgeous drawings (and also Lucas ftw :blobuwu: ). Lol.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020