LCD Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka?

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by TUSF, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Katsurandom

Katsurandom [The One That Does Nothing][Villager C]

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yeah, now that we talk about the anime, anyone else would wish that the anime only focused on kumoko and we could get a spin off series with the other students as the protagonist wich then would met in a movie for the war in the elf forest?

only me?

I mean, it would mean 2 seasons of kumoko (Granted in one series she would almost never come around.....) plus a movie.......

2. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think many people care about the doki-doki exciting life of the students in the elf forest tho

3. Katsurandom

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking more of a shun as mc series with side chapters of the other non elf forest dwellers..... like the adventurer duo the one in a poorish village and so on

4. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds too cliche tho. Shun is super cliche

5. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    One number and one letter for those who are still expecting something nice from the anime adaptation :

3D

I don't know why, seing that 3D in JP video games is quite nice but in japanese animation the 3D is always botched, the last LN adaptations with horribad 3D that I saw : Arifureta and the season 3 of Overlord...:blob_catflip:
    Everybody has given up or should I show pictures of Berserk in 3D ? :blobflag:

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the people who are into 3d animations are just more likely to go into game dev due to people just wanting to make games.
    Plus, potentially much larger budgets, the requirements for game scenes can be a bit higher due to the need to compete with other developers, and game devs can take longer to make a scene, as well as tend to use more detailed character models.

It is not that CGI series can not be done great, I still re-watch reboot, but that has the fact it is 20 years old to excuse flaws in the animation

7. murilopk

murilopk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We are mentioning the budget, but I couldn't find the studio responsible for the adaptation. Does anyone know if is a studio with a lot of money to spend?

Edit: AlthoughI can't be sure, I believe it's a studio called Kadokawa Shoten, they are responsible for publishing several manga and also video games, so they might do a good job on the 3D animations. It's also possible that I am mistaking the publisher of the anime and light novel though.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  8. no168_92

no168_92 BrokenDoor|NeedsFixing|LackingFunds|DonorsWelcomed

Reading List:
    Link
    revisiting my inactive reading list.... can't believe this haven't updated in 13 months... wow

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Katsurandom

Reading List:
    Link
    author san- did made annoucement about how they would be focusing on LN, since yah know...that do makes money.........

oh welp, might buy this LN series lateer on in a month or so since its around vol 7 - 8 i think right now, so it should be somewhat close to where the WN is i guess?

on a side note.........

glad to see someo kindred spirit that hates Shun template-ish character of a hero on the thread........a friend doesn't understand the idea of "Template" characters and i tried to make her read this one for the shun side chapters but she didn't read it so my evil plan of corromping a innocent soul into this world failed, but oh welp............

leaving aside that, anyone remebers when this anime was coming out?

10. Wannabe-shutin

Wannabe-shutin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The English translation of the light novel is at eight volumes (the 8th one will be released tomorrow and I am hyped)
    As for the anime, the best I could find is "sometime in 2020")

11. Katsurandom

Reading List:
    Link
    where is the 7th ln if compared to the wn?

12. Nighthawlc

Nighthawlc Nyan nyan nyan nyan

Reading List:
    Link
    There isn't really a clear comparison due to how much the LN differs from the WN; LN07 is extremely different to the WN and if you wanted to pick up the LN then you should really start from the beginning or if that is just too unpalatable then at least LN04. A really rough idea would be about WN chapter 200ish.
    Meanwhile, in the Japanese LN12 which came out in January they just dealt with the war and Julius' death which is about WN chapter 280ish

hillo315 and Solracmar like this.
  13. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    People tend to shy away from book recommendations that are accompanied by maniacal laughter, or sinister smirking, you should probably try passing it off as a kind of interesting story, maybe play up the spider sisters part.

userunfriendly likes this.
  14. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. They’ve been sensitized due to Dr. Horrible.:D

15. Katsurandom

Reading List:
    Link

I'm all about to start from the begining, i just wanna know where it is to motivate myself for expending that much money on 7-8 Light novels in one go ~

Just finished Youjo senki and that one (6 volumes) lasted half a mont after all..........

16. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but it is just so good and wonderful.

Plus the DVD commentary is a blast
    Personally I use the kindle app on my phone , and buy one at a time as I go.
    But it takes a while for books to reach me in the mail, and there are no proper book stores in my area. Once I set my phone to night mode I do not really have any reading issues.

17. Katsurandom

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel yah, but i like more to read from paper...that and in my job they got angry at me cuz "I was on the phone all the time" they though i was on facebook, so i bought the books and carried on reading.....amazon sends them quite fast these days......

18. Solracmar

Solracmar Zzzzzzz

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks i wanted to know this.

hillo315 likes this.
  19. totagamer11

totagamer11 mofu-mofu master

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the hiatus still going? Does it look like novel will recover or is it vegetable state?

CuberAzrael and hillo315 like this.
  20. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    vegetable as far as i can see, since its been like a few years.