Message from Reverend Insanity's author

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by SamStrike, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Well I am the OP of the LCD and Spoiler threads... gotta keep it alive because I love to see discussion!

But so far, the most active discussion for RI seems to be the Gu Discord and the webnovel comment sections. It’s a shame this novel is not as popular as some books, I wish people would discuss more often :blobuwu:

...and yes I still love RI very much. I see it my natural duty to update any news that comes from the author!

2. Defiring

Defiring Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, trust me, best CN I know. Turn your brain off, but leave it a bit on for all the crazy twists. This author knows his shit.
    Read it like you'd watch a martial arts movie.
    Some characters will talk weird, some explanations will sound very foreign, but that's okay. The story itself is not cringe. (Maybe just a bit at first, but after that, I really don't think it is)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  3. Defiring

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but some of the stuff can be a bit crazy sometimes. The thing is that some of the stories are not just CN cruel, they're cruel-cruel.
    But Fang Yuan is pretty neutral. And though he seemed like a monster at first, SPOILERS I GUESS the immortals are basically all monsters. It's just that he was an immortal in a mortal's body.
    So I see your point, this censorship is a bit weird.

4. Ainnz

Ainnz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes, I always feel sad for the content filled novels which are always stuck in #35-60 place, whereas low quality, high hormone inducing stuff go up.
    I noticed that the comments for RI have recently been declining on the website. Maybe its because rumors have spread about the hiatus. I can only wonder what reaction would be when this definite ending of the novel spreads. Anyhow, even with the hiatus, I believe it is a great novel which will stand the tests of time as a high tier novel. Maybe the readers can just limit themselves to the part where Fang Yuan finally becomes a Venerable and stop there.

5. baka8roukanako

baka8roukanako Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not a dude... The characters annoyed me, especially the one-dimensional MC. One of the reasons why I dropped it and I'm not going back.

6. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    There are probably a few reasons for the declining comments, but the hiatus is probably the biggest reason.
    To invest all your feelings and never see the ending... is such a painful thing.
    I often reminisce the gold old days when I first discovered and binged the raws. Those were... fond memories.

7. Ainnz

Ainnz Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You being such a fan, do you mind telling me: Which part of the novel was your favourite? It can be an arc or a chapter or series of build ups.
    Mine was the Three Kings Inheritance, where Fang Yuan refines the Immortal Gu and makes his entry in the Hu Immortal Blessed Land. Also the whole Northern Region travel saga as Wolf King.

8. Defiring

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, your call. Love the coldness in these conversations, I almost feel like a human and not a dog.

Hidetaka Miyazaki likes this.
  9. Sky Farrow

Sky Farrow 天外之魔

Reading List:
    Link
    Book 1 was my favourite. Book 2 ending was my favourite moment.
    Book3 and 4 were somewhat meh but Book 4 had nice parts, and Book 5 is currently my favourite book, because it has many exciting moments and arcs (no spoilering haha) while Book 6 is unfinished but it isn’t too bad so far.

10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the translation.
    I sincerely hope this one doesn't get the ban

Deleted member 89812 likes this.
  11. AbsoluteNothingness

AbsoluteNothingness Lumen De Aurora

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope this new Novel by author is something I can get behind like RI even if its not as good/(same type) as RI

12. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. ArseneLupin

ArseneLupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I liked Reverend Insanity but honestly ISSTH or Desolate Era are far better. RI is a bit trying too hard to be edgy, but it's still worth a read

14. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really would not call it edgy. It lacks the fetishistic and childishness that usually define something as edgy.

ISSTH is good, but desolate era is just garbage, worse I eat tomatoes novel. MC is a frantic little bitch who is only motivated by vengeance, and MC and everyone he likes are just stupid beyond any rhime or reason in order to generate enemies to want to have vengeance on.

15. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. I liked DE at first too but for some reason, people still highly favor that novel. Too me it's all forced tragedy. MC started OP and Cheat in the beginning. How could he be on the losing end where he's suffered many deaths? Just doesn't make sense too. It never felt real when the characters died and it just felt forced... Even the Female Lead was forced since she came out of nowhere!

16. ArseneLupin

ArseneLupin Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk dude, I kind of disagree, while RI and Fang Yuan are great, it just feels like a lot of the scenes are just there for the shock factor, for example the time he used that bear to devour the virgin girl to further his cultivation, a lot of it feels forced as if the author is trying hard to make it dark

17. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dark magic should not be sunshine and rainbows.
    the key is in the implementation. Are you getting the aesthetic of a teenager trying too hard to be "cool" and "dark" to the point of being comical.
    Or do you get a more mature work

Hannibal lecter from silence of the lambs for example, is a good example of a mature work that is not just a teenager tryhard

GDLiZy likes this.
  18. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "It's Evil!!!"

---

It's too bad that the English readers likely wouldn't make for enough of a paying audience to justify him just putting up his work in Chinese and then the English version getting posted online.

Someone should've done a Gofundme for the guy (not sure that money could reach China so easily). I feel like I'd be okay dropping $200 or so for this author at least.

19. In Other Words

In Other Words Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm excited. This author has been great at developing arcs, plots and characters, this is going to be great for sure.

mrttao likes this.
  20. PurpleMountainTrueMonarch

PurpleMountainTrueMonarch New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just glad that he's safe rn, albeit currently overlooking his baby held hostage. I was worried more for his safety from those ultra nationalists.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.