Discussion How are schools and universities these days?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Apr 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    When I was going to school there were no safe spaces, transgender bathrooms, lbgt+abc culture courses and I've even heard of them conveniently editing history to make it more inclusive.

I can't imagine what it would be like going to school nowadays, pre-corona virus of course.

2. Prion

Prion Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I graduated from school last year it was just as you described and I haven´t heard from my younger siblings, that anything like that has been installed there.

3. 222222

222222 12121212121212121212121212121212121212121212121212

Reading List:
    Link
    There are still male and female bathrooms, but there is also a sign by the door saying any person can choose to use the bathroom if they wish to do so, for whatever reason.(And vice versa)

4. tekinwillie

tekinwillie TEKING

Reading List:
    Link
    Politics... so nothing new there. Also got some "teachers" using only youtube vids to teach. I think that the LGBTQ stuff is in larger cities, could have sworn I saw some classes on an LA uni.

5. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    No matter what happens, I hope people will still practice distancing from each other. But then again, for the students they will more likely do group hugs coz 'the virus is over, we are young and YOLO'.

6. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean by conveniently editing history to make it more inclusive?

7. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember seeing someone mention online that their teacher was using this video to teach history.

8. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    Only in few countries are that way.
    Honestly speaking, I would rather not place those political agenda into the education institution, but that's just human nature. They all want to brainwash student that it is 'very' important.
    In reality? Because the board would gain tons of donation each year, just by adding those LGBT ideals.

Internationally, Most schools are still the same as ever, without the military atmosphere and less discipline.
    The education relies solely on memorization and self-training. Even middle school are now closer to the 'DIY' curriculum. I can confidently say that 80% What I learn doesn't have anything to do with the teacher saying rubbish in front of the class. I earn it by my own effort.
    It is a total waste of money if the society doesn't require me to get those diploma. I wasted years of my life just to get those goddamn piece of paper. All because you need those to get 'respect' and to apply for work.

Funnily enough, If you fail your test, the teachers will go angry at you, not because he cares about you, but he cares about his own reputation. And when you got first on inter-class test, the teacher shouting like it's his own achievement. Talk about a shitty system.

Teacher's standards are falling each year. Inevitable looking at the wage standard.
    Education institution turned from an education welfare program to making-profits-from-your-students program. Capitalism at your finest.

Personally, I think it's better to transform all school to the military standard. Transform them all into a soldier mentality. Far more useful in society rather than some half-assed DIY curriculum.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
    asriu likes this.
  9. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Martialegg likes this.
  10. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Not saying they didn't exist but I've never heard nor seen any mention of black roman generals, though I could be wrong. I wonder if any of egyptian origin became a roman general?

Martialegg likes this.
  11. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Imagine a school shooter visits the school on a home study day

Martialegg likes this.
  12. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm the core still same it just the way seem bit different~ when this cat was student on general most report? or group project use hand write~ research done via available book on library~ these day it written via computer and online research~
    grading student with meh too lazy to think with system~
    core still same~

Martialegg likes this.
  13. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course you haven't, because the media chose to portray it that way, if anything, this video would be more accurate of history. There are plenty of paintings and DNA evidence to show that the roman empire was fairly diverse. Even more so for military which was easy to get into even if you weren't roman simply by being a successful gladiator.

As for his status, they only called him a "commander", not a general. A commander can be anything from a commander of a small unit to the whole legion. Judging by his armor though he should at least be a centurian.

During the roman empire, the concept of black and white didn't really exist.

I mean speaking of portrayal, just look at jesus who is shown as white as a snowflake when in reality he would have looked like most jews at the time, not black but light brown skin.

It's not that history was changed, more like better access to information has allowed history to be more accurate.

Martialegg likes this.
  14. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    It just goes to show that 'Those who control media, control the information. Those who control information, control the world.'
    It's not an understatement to say that our age is the information age.

15. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    Although the concept of white/black may not have existed, there would have still been discrimination towards foreigners which those of black ethnicity would have been, therefore any foreigners would most likely not have been given high authority in the roman armies.
    Soldiers? yeah, but commanders and above would been extremely difficult.

16. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, mostly because the roman empire in itself was composed of many different "races".

There were a few people of authority in Rome who were of black descent.

17. Mount Tai Unleashed

Reading List:
    Link
    We're both wrong according to this-

quote:Neil McAll
    In fact there were none. Modern concepts of black refers to sub Saharan Africans. Mediterranean concepts of black refers to very dark north Africans and Arabs who are Mediterranean in appearance and not African. Their skulls and racial type would still be Caucasoid as opposed to African. Racially they would be Mediterranean or semitic not African and certainly not look like sub Saharan Africans who even today are a distinct race from north Africans and Arabs. Black African and north African are not the same thing and I am afraid to say any north African will tell you that quite proudly and in a very racist way. So while its possible there may have been sub saharan blacks, a tiny number, in Rome we have no record of any that were famous.