LCD Overgeared

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by hanglekuk, Oct 16, 2017.

1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4 chapters into the new one so far, and its pretty decent. but i mean since im caught up on the novel the manhwa for me is just to see some of the iconic scenes drawn out and what the characters look like according to the artist working on it. so far peak sword looked a little younger then i imagined but he definitely has the same looking intensity lol.

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I am basically waiting for Irene to see if the artist fucks it up, or turning the old man into a FUCKING LOLI. I promise myself to wait as people review the chapters before requiring to get my eyeballs bleached, again.

Shield Loyalist likes this.
  3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i didnt read the old one so i cant compare, and i havent read solo leveling's manhwa but so far its alright. i have a feeling grids armor will be very loosely drawn to be like it was in the novel but grid himself looks decently like himself i think. id say the biggest problem with the manhwa so far is if you've never read overgeard the first 3 chapters (meaning chapter 0,1,2) will probably leave you confused as they're all unrelated and at different points in the story.

4. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking at the raws for currently released manhwa chapters reveals a normal woman Irene and normal old man blacksmith Smith. So anyone worried if these two were ruined again, worry no longer.

5. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler and thank the new artist who actually follows the source material, please continue to do so.

6. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a shame because I always imagined peak sword to look like ore monogatari's muscle bound protagonist, with like a moustache

Overhear and moonlight both are perfect stories people would watch, the problem is Overgeared is gonna get fucked by pacing

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i like that everyone still thinks the S.A. group are the ones always making these choices and changes. even though everyone knows they have a hands off policy, they still get all the blame lol. thats a classic gamer reaction, curse the devs whenever anything you dont like happens haha

Eddy andres likes this.
  8. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that if it is a little their fault, they created a lot of classes and missions that seemed virtually impossible to obtain, much less to complete, but if they were completed, they would break not only the balance, but the entire configuration of the history of the game, I know they wanted to fulfill their promise to give players absolute freedom, but they had to think of a contingency plan for events involving NPCS like giving Hanul some kind of shackles in addition to his ego or making the dragon of somehow fails then some natural catastrophe destroys the empire. Because at the rate we are going now, the ragnarok that is supposed to happen in 5 years will happen in 2 or 1.

Although it must be taken into account that there must be a couple of hundred people in the world who meet all the requirements to be in the current position of Grid, and even if there are contingency plans, if we humans know how to do it, it is to destroy what it should not be possible to destroy.

PS: Please someone nerfy Braham a little, what he did a couple of chapters ago with the hydra literally almost broke the balance of the world.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    tkato likes this.
  9. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the way i understand it is they designed the game and all the quest/story but the super computer morpheous is the one that decided all the actual requirements/settings/balances for all of it. so while they are partially to blame i dont think they actually decided how to balance any of it out i think the super computer did all that. there are definitely some game breaking things but I think its overall pretty balanced when you consider its basically a second world they created, because the only reason Hanul is even a issue is because Grid has grown so powerful. so if Grid never got this strong some of the events he triggered so early wouldn't have happened. and “Yes, the balance set by Morpheus means the Five Seniors can’t move" it does seem like they set up some hard restrictions but they never could have accounted for someone like Grid to grow so strong and trigger so many events coincidentally. having said all that though I would be interested to hear what their plan was for if somehow the world got destroyed by the demons or something else. would the game just end or do they have some sort of hidden measure in place where a "god" comes and stops whatever was about to destroy the whole game.

Eddy andres likes this.
  10. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also have that doubt, I put once more for example Braham, and if he had opened the door to the world of demons, or who says that someone cannot open it now, how are the players going to fight against all the great demons loose in the world, and when the five majors and the goddess move, the world will be a fire evil in which the players will not even be able to move, because hundreds or even thousands of enemies of at least level 400 onwards will be invading every country in the world, with levels 500 and up fighting combat that destroy reality. How is such a scenario resolved?

tkato likes this.
  11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess it depends, we havent really seen satisfy be run just for profit. it seems like the chairman has a mindset of whatever happens happens and views it as a new world, while most other employs view it as a game they need to manage and balance. i think though while the chairman feels they shouldnt interfere ever, he probably still put some sort of measure in place to stop the game for just getting destroyed by some random event because at the end of the day he is the leader for a company. that also brings up another point though of we dont really ever see any companies trying to grow in the game to make profit like most other VR novels, and we never really see anyone try to force the chairman to do anything for the sake of profit. so im curious if hes in charge of the whole company, and if so how did he get to the point where he coud create VR and such a super computer thats basically an intelligent AI to run his VR game. id be interested in reading a few chapters that go into the background of the game and the company to see how it came to be, but it seems like the author wanted to create a novel where the games story is the main focus as opposed to real life issues and companies that use the game as a means to gain power like Rebirth of the thief who roamed the world.

Eddy andres likes this.
  12. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're all forgetting that when Yatan destroys the world, Rebecca remakes it. So the game would continue but now players have to deal with a mostly reset world, and I say mostly because there are things that will survive Yatan's destruction of stuff.

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes but now theoretically with players if someone like grid decided they wanted to role play being evil in the game and destroy everything, and somehow managed to succeed or almost succeed how would they handle that situation. we already know Yatan and Rebecca have a tactic understanding where they just constantly destroy and rebuild, but the human players are variables and we've already seen with Grid morpheous cant always accurately predict the outcome with players. so even with rebecca and yatan there to maintain balance its still possible to have the world destroyed imo. unless like i said they have a "god" (most likely Rebecca) set up to where no matter what it cant be fully destroyed, but from what we've seen from the chairman he likes a hands off approach so its possible there isnt a fail safe.
    Edit: although obviously i dont think the game will get destroyed, its just fun to talk about those what if scenarios. especially since we see how much Grid makes them worry already about the game getting broken lol.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  14. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    eh Khan and Piaro look a lot different then i imagined but the pace of the manhwa so far has been really good. its moving fast but not missing the key points

Eddy andres likes this.
  15. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only flaw I see with the new manhwa is the inconsistency of the infos. The translator and the cleaners did a great job proofreading it.

16. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they should have just asked rainbow/WW for permission to use her translation which would save them a whole bunch of time and keeps the consistency of the works similar.

17. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm thinking they could make it like DICE (that manhwa with people fighting for...dice)
    where Grid was not handsome and eventually as time goes on and he puts up exercise...*insert transformation*

18. iBakax3

iBakax3 [Baka Ranger]

Reading List:
    Link
    So raking up achievement while wearing Berith's Skin Mask transfer said achievement to the OG person.

I guess Grid just found a solution to revitalize Irene's youth that he always fretted about. My question now is, what kind of crazy rumor would he add on to Irene's reputation while trying to achieve grand feats in her place?

19. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped after Kraugel became the sword saint by beating Grid in the tournament and I wanted to know some thing before getting back into this story.

I heard that Grid is dating Yura and something about Mercedes also. Would appreciate some answers :cookie::cookie::cookie:

Eddy andres likes this.
  20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hes accepted Mercedes as a lover in the game, he knows Yura and Jishuka both have feelings for him irl but not much is going on in that department really. id say Yura has a bit of an edge of Jishuka but not by much

Shield Loyalist and Eddy andres like this.