Spoiler [BL] I Trick Even the Lames to Stand Up for Me

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lost Happiness, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Title: I Trick Even the Lames to Stand Up for Me
    Author: Hēi Māo Nì Nì
    Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-trick-even-the-lames-to-stand-up-for-me/
    Raws: http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=3160203
    Tags: second chance, supernatural, comedy, power couple

Intro:
    The third son of Gu Family who was too much of a fool changed when he returned from his hometown. His way of problem solving was easy;

A gangster picking up a fight?

Beat them!

A ghost trying to haunt him?

Beat them!

Media wanted to tarnish his name?

Beat them!

This is a story of a man who got a second chance after sacrificing himself to save a city. Expect shenanigans from humans, ghosts and on social media!

Not in chronological order(maybe)
    • MC helps his parents solve the bad luck through giving a fake ghost dream.
    • ML first saw MC sneaking through a window of a populor idol thinking MC was a paparazzi. MC was actually placing a mother and child spirit there in hopes of helping them seek justice from their scumbag boyfriend and father.
    • MC and ML officially meets when MC was helping ML's nephew who is MC's friend.
    • MC went home after solving a case where a child was used to make art and a doll. The doll left the evidence room which was caught on cctv. Sister Mu(police officer who is often assigned to the supernatural cases) called MC about it getting up and leaving. MC finds it in his room, he turned around only to get his leg hugged by the human skin doll and gets called Dad. MC named her Ling Ling. Sister Mu relented in him raising her since he wanted to in the first place but evidence so can't take it away.
    • MC slowly amass a big ghost family.
    • Father Gu has low tolerance and that resulted in him drunkenly approving for Yu Ze and Gu Ye being together when Father Yu invited Father Gu and (Step)Mother Gu to a meeting.
    • Mother Gu pillow talk Father Gu whenever MC wants to do something that potentially Father Gu would disapprove of.
    • MC always pull Mother Gu as a shield when Father Gu is angry and gets the golf club wanting to hit(never do).
    • Mother Gu as a Tiger Mom protecting her cub Gu Ye when MC's past body Mom(Jing) slapped MC when he spoke some harsh truth about there being no mother in his life since she abandoned him just for the sake of marrying a rich 2nd gen. In the end, karma dictate her to having no babies. (Step)Mother Gu slapped Jing until her face is swollen red.
    • Everyone started to pull their coperation from Jing's company resulting in not getting into the domestic market as well as their company shares being bought out by 50%.

2. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
  3. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    already on reading list
    but still...spoiler please!!!
    the parents are cute a~~~~!!!! >.<

4. Zhen_Qing

Zhen_Qing <<Danmei Sect Temp. Summoner>>

Reading List:
    Link
    Sect Leader: @alexfilia
    @Aeli @aNonYm0U5 @azure_sea @Ami @Ashie @ahsudole @Ash Astin @AaronKing @aresk @Anra7777 @AimieNam1003 @Aforia @alaskapalaman @Alegria Jones @azinine @Aanudari1997
    @blaze27 @byebye @Boinkers @blues86 @bitterblackrabbit @byunnie
    @cici @clear @Corensi @ChuChi @Cohran @CrazedCookies @cheerydandan @curryninja @Cian-Chan @Cypress @chocolatechipcookie @Chenqing @cas_ciel21
    @DarkBlue @dustmite @dontwanttotell @DJdragone @Dayong9909 @DeanRae @darkchocolatesan @dreamxx @DhiVhi @Divyasingh1 @Deeee_1994
    @Ezralva @Ease @etern @EveningWind @Elestrea @Emaris @Epsea
    @ferrelrose @foxymirage @Food food @Fieyy-Qa @FFAx27 @FujoshiOnDuty @fox23 @frozenlimabeans @freezing-slowly
    @GD2318 @GinDole @Grandia @GaiaJupiter @Gossymer @gnessa14 @Gaikmeg
    @Hotato @HesheFell @Haigi @Hatchy @Hasr11 @Haruka1409 @haweii @Hanaru @Hikari_Akari @hmudara @Helaine @hikaharu @Hikari111
    @iampsyx @imsodone @i_amhandsome @Inland @lykizan @lry93
    @jadelin @jyuuxvii @JadeBunny @Juria @JellyJellyFishy @Japorea @Julles
    @kiara8 @krrizis @Kittsune @kly @Kailyria20 @-kiai- @Kleep @kumquatsjingleheimer @K-ralara @Khysylia @KazeYuki @KuroBaraHime @Karry @Kaylee
    @ludagad @Luen @lalalyly @leva @Leir @Land of The Fallen @leedalys @Loriel @LavenderBlizzard @LiYao @li.king24 @Lisstr @Levanta @Lunnear @LoneSoul @lifeisbittersweet @Li hir @Lost Happiness @LUCKYRADHI @Lysanderayumi
    @MoMoePom @Matsurika @Misaki Yata @mereumsama @MikotoP @Matthew9999 @missycin @Miri-Bell @maya_sov @MidnightKaito @michoux @misminor @Moocakey @Moonlightlily13 @Misogi @midnight reader @Mnemosyne @maripants @mesoara @missbellatrix @MonoNoAware @Mookyulie
    @Novel otaku desu @Neelambori @NerdExpress @Nokiyoh @Nokita @Ninjagal @nixxara @Nami Heartfilia
    @Ozzieozz @oleti
    @PKitty @Popipopipoi @purple_mangosteen @pcheshire @psychobee @Pandababa @PurpleMousse @pocketbear @pongpilaipruk @Pomee
    @Queue
    @readerz @Rilise @Regalia1896 @Raneday @Raizendeville @Rabbitanairy @Ryss @Rurella @Rucce @RoseColouredSin @Rainess09 @RoyalRen
    @scriptor @Sakhyu @SnowTime @SummerX @Shem @sinyueliang @smr85 @Shizun @ShenHua @Shizuka15 @Skyelyne @Selax @Shiina @Shizuka Mikki @SmilePlease @Sasakira @Storymonster @solomaize @Silver_Moon789 @Shigure Hakuya @Shionismad @shouahang58 @SecretLibrary @SeiraJLoyard @_seven_ @soie_yoie @Saikyi @savvyblue @ShiraAichan @sonzaishinai @Squirrel270 @SoothingLonesome @susanty.smile @Shivani @Sheri_Yui_Chan @Shorng
    @Toyo @Taida07 @theragingpanda @Tintl @ThePinkHotPot @TomiNdumplings @Till_IDie @Tsukkin @totoroteddy @thundersh @TheLadyWhoLikesBoyLove @Triedtoeatfries
    @UpInTheAir @umekookii
    @Victuuri @vsukio @Vi.M @veihakase @Veedah
    @winter-t @Wildelily @WagKalimutan @waraa @wolf.prince @winterblossom @White Head Ice Prince
    @XD @xiin @xilainia @XiaoPingGuo @Xylia125 @xblkdragonx
    @Yuslia @Yukki576 @YukiShiiro @Yuen @YaoiMom22 @YeYueLiang @yfndsh
    @Zennie_613 @zarya
    @324722 @2Bon2B

5. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    I MTL-ed most of this one. MC is actually a famous daoist/feng shui master who died to save a city. He transmigrates into the body of the rich second generation young master from the summary (the young master/original was very unlucky and cursed to death pretty much). After gaining 'new' life, MC proceeds to set up a booth and continue his old way of life (LOL) and sending his poor real estate tycoon dad nearly into a stroke. At least, this is until his dad figures out he's not learning to be a fake and that he's the real deal.

It's mostly lighthearted humor, since MC likes his job and does it well. There's not much conflict even though he's got a stepmom (she keeps bugging him for helping her get rich instead lol) and a stepbrother. The youngest stepbrother is a little mentally deficient but he follows MC and his other older brothers around like a duckling and is sweet.

ML has the 'purple aura from the east' that only Emperors have lol, so of course he's the #1 frigid businessman boss. He's not so frigid that he can't communicate and does talk with MC quite a bit, first about supernatural business then other things. They're first acquainted (in depth at least) because of ML's relative (a close cousin or something at MC's school who's really weak to supernatural things). I skipped ahead and ML and MC get married at the end of the story. MC's master (his original daoist/fengshui master) shows up as a ghost at his wedding and MC cries a bit.

6. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    ML's nephew who picked up an item which resulted in a ghost marriage. MC helped him before which resulted in a friendship. So he came to help out again and have an official meet up with ML.

The one who is really weak and has the Ying Yang eyes is another classmate/friend. He and his brother fell into a coma with the brother's friend because they went into an apartment where many children died due to organ removal. MC was able to seek justice for them by getting their traffickers arrested and later use the purple qi from ML to help grow their removed parts when they reincarnate since their new life would result in disabilities due to those removed parts if left alone.
    Main leader of the children wanted to stay and be MC's child but MC said he was gay and that he won't have children in the future. I believe this was where ML sort of got interested?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  7. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe lol, I was skimming this one super fast. I just remember there was one person who had pretty much all the bad luck ever and the way MC met him was actually because this guy was ghost bait when they met in the dormitories. He also hugged MC's thigh because MC could deal with the ghosts.

8. shikurai17

shikurai17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, a rare story where there isn't an evil stepmother or step sibiling. That really grabbed my interest. Saving this novel until there are more translated chapters.

michoux, pcheshire and crystalirishzz like this.
  9. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup that was the other friend in the trio. He learned a tactic from MC where you brandish a broom and shout some words that make you seem like some big boss. He used that when a ghost didn't want to leave from his university wardrobe. I think its mainly to keep positive energy up. Since ghost only prey on the weak-minded, staying positive and fearless help to deter ghosts.

10. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Lost Happiness

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean she isn't really evil just a step-mother who wants the best for her birth son but in the end, Gu Yang can't really be depended on much(on terms of IQ and starting a business). MC calculated that Gu Yang would be supported by his older brothers and his own luck for lottery. At first, you might feel distaste if you dislike a mother who thinks of MC as a cash cow only, but you can slowly see that because of her former poor life resulted in her thinking money is solution. Also since she raised original host since young, she won't really harm him but she did want to emphasize the difference between og host and Gu Yang on studies but that can't work. MC also softening her heart through flattering and helping out through fortune-telling her business.
    (From what I remember from translated and raws, take with hint of salt.)

12. purple_mangosteen

purple_mangosteen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have finished this one since I like supernatural comedy stories

There is no big villain or major plot for MC and ML. It's just about them getting together and solving supernatural case one by one.

ML had purple aura so ghosts/evil things were afraid of him. If this was the past, son of heaven like him would be the emperor.
    But as the compensation, ML was destined to never had child. So his grandfather liked to invite taoist/fengshui master, trying to change ML's fate.

MC at first thought he transmigrated but in the end we found out that he was the original soul. So MC was reborn in the past as the third son of Gu family and due to the after effect, he was a bit idiot/stupid.
    It was later revealed that this life was MC's ninth life in the human world as trial he undergone. MC was actually a god. In the novel there are a few scenes where MC prayed and gave offering to god, that god was his real dad

13. charysa

charysa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This story actually feels like an episodic supernatural detective series, and the BL romance feels more like an afterthought. It is definitely hilarious though, and I also love the warm fuzzy big (biological) family that MC got; his interactions with his parents and siblings is funny and sweet. His ghost family is cute too.

Also, don't feel bad for the original host that MC displaced,
    The original host *is* MC. Basically, MC was the son of the King of the Underworld, who completed his ascension in his previous life when he sacrificed himself to save a city. But MC didn't want to stay and take up a job in the underworld, and wanted to go back to the moral world to enjoy life. His dad didn't approve, so to sneak back, MC split his soul into fragments and secreted them bit by bit up to the mortal world AND back through time. That's why MC's new mortal body was born before his previous incarnation had died, but since it was missing soul pieces, he was thought of as mentally retarded. Then, some time after MC's previous incarnation died, the last piece of his soul fell into place, and MC fully "awoke" into his new body.

So there's a good reason why MC prays to the God of the Underworld instead of to any heavenly gods, even if he does so subconsciously. And why there's a lot of hints through the story that his prayers are actually being heard by said God of the Underworld.

- Dad is a real estate tycoon, looking to head into retirement. Has a loud bark and likes to threaten a beating, but is generally stopped from going too far with that.
    - MC's biological mom died when he was born, so he never met her. But her death is also the reason why MC never celebrated his birthday before ML came around.
    - Step-mom raised MC up from when he's in nappies, and so does actually see him as her son. She might be a little biased toward her youngest biological son, but it's only the minor kind of bias you'd see even with parents of full biological siblings. When MC needs help against his dad, she's the one who always steps up.
    - Eldest brother built up his own company overseas, and comes back to take over for their dad. He's really strict, and feared by all the younger siblings. He's also a former college classmate of ML, which is kinda awkward. His red string turns out to be tied to the police officer lady who manages the spooky cases MC gets involved in.
    - Second eldest brother is the boss of a media entertainment company, where MC often provides consultation (for big bucks). MC describes him as a wily fox. He's also the most physically similar to MC, especially their eyes and smile.
    - Youngest brother is a naive little sunflower. He's not so much mentally incompetent as he's naturally...guileless, and horrible at schoolwork. He's got an optimistic personality and charmed life though, with 3 older brothers who are successful at their chosen careers, so he's never going to lack for anything in life.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  14. kuroshin93

kuroshin93 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What I like the most about this novel is the humor and the way the characters handles things. You got Gu Ye who forced the ML to write, in calligraphy, at that, "Gu Ye is the best, everyone else is shit" and hang it on the wall of his (GY) study. The ML is super supportive and spoils GY a lot.

Needless to say, I have pleb taste so I prefer ML who spoils MC to death and this novel just happens to contain all of my fav tropes :
    1. Good ML
    2. No cliche 'all women are evil'
    3. Humor
    4. Some social commentary that doesn't delve too deep but will make you think instead of forcing the view on you
    5. HE
    I hope people will enjoy reading this as much as I did because seriously, it's light-hearted but not brainless. In short, great to read with coffee and some snacks lmao

15. xbeautifulyang

xbeautifulyang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really really love this novel! It's hilarious and super cute!

I'm reading the MTL and it's not too bad. I miss the TL notes, because there's a lot of things that need to be explained, but overall, you won't miss much. It's fairly easy to read and it's still hilarious and awesome. The MC is a true badass, but not in a way that annoys you. at least not to me.

I can post some spoilers if y'all want.

pcheshire and Kleep like this.
  16. Ann99

Ann99 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which chapter does the MC & ML get together?