Discussion Do you think this is real?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Maomaomao, Apr 2, 2020.

?

Do you?

Poll closed Nov 2, 2020.
  1. Yes 100%

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Probably real 70%

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Perhaps 50%

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Probably fake 20%

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. No 0%

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  6. Don't care 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.1%

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Maomaomao

Maomaomao Cardboard cutout

Reading List:
    Link

Did it actually happen or is it just made up? I feel like 9 and 5 was real.

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  2. Kutaifa

Kutaifa Pokémon trainer

Reading List:
    Link
    They need the help of a psychologist

Maomaomao likes this.
  3. Lisarra

Lisarra 『 The one under the rock 』

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wondered about parallel universe after reading a manga Orange. That manga really touched my heart.

Multiverse or parallel universe may or may not exist. We can never guarantee on the fact whether they are really true or not. But personally I do not think it exist.

Number 5 is real scary though.
    Whereas number 9 is quite sad. I think the lady had slipped to another universe where she had no boyfriend and was declared mentally unstable while the single her had maybe replaced her in the world with her bf. :coffee:

4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    So does half the NUF community.

5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe in the existence of parallel universes, I am just not sure if the stories mentioned are true or not :hmm:

Maomaomao and Elianere like this.
  6. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't you dare put 100%. Those germs don't all die you know.

7. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that parallel universes (I guess it wouldn't be a universe at that point) probably exist. But things like what this guy said have a miniscule chance of actually happening. I think either these stories are fabricated or the story tellers are remembering or interpretting things wrong.

Maomaomao likes this.
  8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering that there was a Mexican guard who fell asleep guarding a Mexican palace or something and woke up in Manila Philippines, parallel universes aren't so farfetched.

If you want to go to a parallel universe, it's quite simple. Get hit by a truck.

Maomaomao and Devil of Boredom like this.
  9. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn topics like these. Now I'm having an argument with myself in my mind.

10. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    none of the are scary

i feel lied to
    cheat
    and most definitely bamboozled

11. Sircus

Sircus [Well-Known God]

Reading List:
    Link
    In an alternate universe, they are talking about that ghost car driving in the wrong lane and disappearing. The first story in the video is best imo. I think if there is any truth to slipping into parallell universes we will hear more stories in the future perhaps with video proff considering the digital age we are living in. Pretty sure a lot of people would pull up their cellphone if something strange happened/appeared.

As for the Philadelphia experiment, that has been debunked so not sure why it was on the video.

12. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    In an alternate universe Chen Ge recruits that ghost for his haunted house.

13. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's why the simple term multiverse exists:blob_sunglasses:

14. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    If 9 had been anything other than an internet creepypasta, I would have gotten wind of it (I watch a certain show where they discuss weird things and the "master of the abnormal" they often call wouldn't have let slip such a juicy case so close to home). Same with 1.
    5 is a well-known myth that has been debunked many times, but mistery freaks tend to dismiss said debunkings.

Mathematicians and physicists do believe in the theoretical existence of many universes, but their nature and the relationship with our own are not clear. One of the proposed multiverse theories states that the difference between universes is the value of base constants, which not only results in universes that look nothing like alternate versions of our own, in most cases are incompatible with the existence of matter.

PS. Also, case 5 in the version they've retold here (there are many which only have in common the rough date and the name of the ship, which I believe it was proved never existed) is not about alternate realities, just teleportation (some versions do mention parallel universes, other are straightaway invisibility; also, in some other the crew was fine, in others they suffered grisly damage while in some more, they vanished).

Maomaomao likes this.
  15. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    so this is what the NU of a parallel world looks like

16. Diametric

Diametric Waifu Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    I know of the term, but I'm not sure how to use it. Would I say that each individual parallel ''universe'' is a multiverse or would I say that the collection of parallel ''universes'' is one single multiverse?

I thought that it was the latter, and if that is true then I think there still wouldn't be a term for each individual parallel ''universe''.

17. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    As long as there is more than one universe (parallel or alternate), it would be a multiverse:blob_coffee:

Diametric likes this.
  18. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I think it's fake, but it's interesting to think about. Like horoscopes or numerology or personality tests, lol. We all need a little distraction now and then. In theory, I think it's possible that there's a multiverse. I don't think it's possible for people to 'slip' in and out of one, but maybe it's possible to gain memories of a parallel timeline. Who knows.

19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think, its like with UFO's, Alien Abductions, etc... ie. There is no reason to believe that aliens couldn't get here, or that aliens couldn't abduct people, or they couldn't run some anal probing experiments, etc... But whenever someone claims to have experienced something like that, there is also no reason to believe anything like that actually happened...

ie. There might be other universes/worlds/etc... and people might even "somehow" walk out of this one and into some of others from time to time, but if someone claims they've experienced something like that, you can be 100% certain, nothing like that actually happened...