Discussion The end times are upon us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mount Tai Unleashed, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mount Tai Unleashed

Mount Tai Unleashed This one has tai but can't see mount eyes

Reading List:
    Link
    Russia is looking pretty attractive now.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Funimation: Taking the fun out of anime since...

TamaSaga likes this.
  3. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4kids would like a word with you...

otaku31 and Illisaide like this.
  4. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    if japan folds, then japan has failed

5. Archaic pickle

Archaic pickle Daoist Heavenly Kimichi

Reading List:
    Link

6. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh. Guess it's that time of the year to open change.org again.

GDLiZy likes this.
  7. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not wanting to listen to the whole video, what is the gist of why people would be opposed to Funi being part of a production committee?

8. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    ... This guy is an idiot, really.

He is talking as if anime makes a lot of money, like... Did he not do 5 minutes of google research? Anime does not make a lot of money. What makes money are manga and novel sales, anime barely breaks even with Blu-Ray sales, and it takes quite some time for them to break even in the first place. The reason those animes exist are not to get profits, but to increase manga and novel sales, it's why so many animes never finish the actual story in the original media.

What Japanese companies are seeing is that the western market is capable of turning anime from a loss leader into a profitable business. That's not a bad thing, and if they can talk with people that are used with producing to the West and it actually works... That's all good, it just means those animes have now a bigger budget because they're selling better... And if it fails, then they'll go back to what they know that worked before.

And what's up with him badmouthing Western stuff so much? Western stuff is doing great. Avengers' Eng Game broke Avatar's record of movie with biggest grossing ever, yanno?
    Like, sure, the comic book market is not doing that well AFAIK, but we're talking about animes, not mangas. So it's only fair to compare it to the MCU and not to the Comic Books.

And like... Funimation is a bad dubbing company? So what? Is there any good dubbing company in the first place? 4kids made garbage dubs, Saban made trash dubs and uhn... Well, I dunno any other dubbing companies tbh, but the ones I ever heard of made trashy dubs... So if all companies making dubs make garbage-tier work and it is still being profitable... Guess what? That means their job is good enough.

Anime won't be doomed because somebody that knows what they're doing is participating in the committees, geez.

AnonymousWildAster likes this.
  9. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more surprised people in the comments don't read H for plot, but for PLOT?
    Consider me... a true reader of fine arts. Naruhodo.
    I'm not too worried about the situation, because Japan will never bow to Western ideology. The moment they do will the day otaku merchandise discrimination becomes an international law. No visual novels. No light or web novels. No anime. No H! No game! Nothing... involving r15 to r18 content will be the same.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  10. AnonymousWildAster

AnonymousWildAster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read H for plot.. And watch H for PLOT (and art reference when I was young, and since I stopped drawing, I do it no more.)