Question The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by bumm805, Apr 4, 2020.

1. bumm805

bumm805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do the people go back to earth after dying in the tutorial with their memories wiped or are they truly dead? I know they go back if they die in paradise which i find wierd if they dont but do in the tutorial and it kinda removes the whole mortal danger vibe

2. LeakLeaf

LeakLeaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    one died in paradise and committed suicide in the real world that just pokes a hole at the memory wipe thing

bumm805 likes this.
  3. edberserk

edberserk Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If im not wrong, tutorial happend in earth while neutral zone happend in paradise... So death at tutorial will be a real death?

4. nr138

nr138 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Memories wiped. Usually with a sense of missing something that leads to a lot of people getting depressed.

bumm805 likes this.
  5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    From the sound of it, it sounded like they would go back with their memories wiped, not true death. Hence why during the tutorial, the invited treated it like a game.

6. bumm805

Reading List:
    Link
    That sounds like its right

So they become depressed at the feeling of something beign lost and commit suicide?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2020
  7. LeakLeaf

Reading List:
    Link
    No when your in paradise you only die once and cant com back to it and your memories get wiped and you go back to earth but if you die in the tutorial its the same but you can com back by retrying but who would invite or contract someone to get back to the tutorial if they failed once?

8. bumm805

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? i dont think ive read that or maybe i dont remeber

9. nr138

nr138 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup pretty much it. Don’t think you are guaranteed to commit suicide because of it but I think people end up in vulnerable emotional state that it’s not uncommon to hear someone didn’t handle it well and died.

10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's a plothole, it was written that Tutorial is still on Earth but Seol managed to revive the dead girl Yi Seol Ah. If it's still on Earth it still should follow Earth rules, they can't just give a ghost a new body and life.

Iirc it was recently mention that those who died in tutorial could rejoin the next recruitment without using a wish. So in conclusion, it's still fake death. Tutorial phase is more on a test of character and adaptibility I guess.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  11. LeakLeaf

Reading List:
    Link
    its the plan the mc has in the latest chapter he invites one girl who has died in the tutorial but he needs to use a lot of contribution points and a wish of revival

12. MinaCheyo

MinaCheyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, well, imagine your memory for a couple years being wiped out, there must be some pressure on brain, it's not impossible that people will go insane after that.

13. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    people in paradise who die kill themselves because of the larger involvement in paradise leads to greater dissonance with memories. For people who died in the tutorial or neutral zone, there aren't that many memories to go missing. Most people are probably fine afterwards.

14. Genkai

Genkai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree that since the author removed actual death in paradise meaning dying on Earth too, I don't really feel danger anymore in the story. Everything seems dramatic to me now since their deaths in Paradise is just wiping their memory of Paradise. They started out great, making the story suspenseful and dark. I really hope the author clear it up or go in more detail as to the consequences of dying in Paradise. Otherwise it's basically a VR game where dying means their account is permanently deleted from the game and have their memory of it wiped. It just really removes the suspense the story had for me :/ which sucks cuz I could feel the tension in the beginning chapters up to the Neutral Zone and I enjoy thrillers.

Ah is this later proven in the story (or is it your theory based on lost memories and humans' psyche)? I have only read up the part where Seol is in the forest of denial with the bugs and Terressa. I would really like to know please as I'm starting to lose interest in the story.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2020
  15. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Multiple people kill themselves within the story though they're not important characters. We don't know what happened to Dylan yet tho I guess you could ask in the spoiler thread if Dylan ever pops up again.

This is not a dark and suspenseful novel. It has dark moments yeh, but for the most part it's like Seol is playing on easy mode compared to his other life.

16. Genkai

Genkai New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ah that's very disappointing... probably gonna drop this one

17. Blackout6661

Blackout6661 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been said in the novel that if you die in the tutorial you die on earth since the tutorial is on earth hence seol goes to earth when he becomes the helper to get teleported with everyone else. He didnt have any of his paradis equipment because he couldnt take it to earth. The Neutral zone is in paradise they walk through a portal at the end of tutorial to get there instead of just teleporting there like how they did for the tutorial. Hence eun yuri got her memories back once she entered the neutral zone. Also the people that die in paradise dont always die on earth. It depends on how strong there mind is if they can withstand the loss of memories

18. Apollonas

Apollonas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, even in the tutorial, if you die, you just go back to earth. The only difference being that you can try again since you didnt get your class awakening.

19. Dragon8821

Dragon8821 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As a huge fan of the series. I would say this is a great must-read story. In regards to the question. You just lose your memory. But it is extremely dangerous as you feel like losing part of yourself, which would create a mental trauma. This gets severe the more you spent your time in Lost Paradise, where you would basically commit suicide on Earth. Higher the level, the more risk of dying. In the tutorial and Neutral Zone it does not matter, but later on it gets extremely severe where there is a hospital for people in Lost Paradise. These people are the people that died on LP and most of them commit suicide or catatonic stage. The more time you spend in LP, the more dangerous it is for you in Earth when you die.