Discussion [D]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ExcitableFoci, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [D]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  2. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think that we are in fact spiritual beings that are currently inhabiting human bodies in this plane. Once we die, we go back to being our spiritual selves with the knowledge of the universe, time and space and our little bit of human precious human experience...Why we choose to inhabiting a human body? I don't know....I hope I will understand that when I pass away. :)

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Like ghosts or spectres :hmm:

4. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Just like electricity powering up your phone. Once it is out we’re dead.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  5. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I assume that not only humans but animals to have souls and that it is the part of our brain that pushes us to do thinks against our instincts.

6. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Well all these souls stuff was made just so we humans could feel special about our "intelligence". Its just some stories cooked up to answer things like " why can't my dog talk?", " Omg is it really going to end after death, what about my money ?". And a perfect business idea by our ancestors.

but if it really was real, then we got some twisted god who likes only humans in his/hers/it's entire creation. How it works?, there is no more new discoveries there, it can only be either under your forehead, your heart, your core muscle ( intestine idk), or your whole " physical" body is built over the foundation of soul ,which is exactly the same shape( so if anyone got small sticks,or ti*s they're stuck with it for eternity).

7. Villager Anonymous

Villager Anonymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If they do then the soul is the back-up for your saved data and is basically a record of your existence to replace you if anything goes wrong.

AnonymousWildAster likes this.
  8. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    According to Buddhism everything is an illusion and our conscious is the only thing that is 'real'. The soul is the true self that came from an omnipotent being splitting itself. Also the goal is to undo the omnipotent being's work through a process of memory erasure and brainwashing to remove our personality so Buddha can more easily eat the souls and become god.

9. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    You should consider writing a novel.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  10. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    I did but writing isn't my thing.

11. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You go to a bonfire that has a firekeepper and trade them for stats. That's all your souls are worth.

12. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One idea:
    Soul exists before you are born in some way. Combining with a body gives it the ability to do physical things. Combining with a soul lets a body do more than just exist. win-win. While alive the soul acts through the body. Being two very different things, the mind is created to help deal with the differences and operate in daily life. When the body dies the soul carries the memories of it's time alive with it and goes somewhere. The mind doesn't know what the soul or the body 'think' directly. Which can cause problems.

13. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link

This is actually a very interesting topic.
    Personally, I think souls work like seeds do in plants. Only organism able to produce it with the highest efficiency.
    However, unlike seeds, they have a very dynamic maturity process. Every seed with the same type started the same, but would produce a different flower when they mature.
    That said, not every seed is the same. Some seed are more superior in producing souls.

The body is more like a vessel to grow the soul. Soul required time and emotions to grow. Since time is key, survival is also key.
    Since emotion is key, then human is the most ideal vessel to grow soul. That said, human body is not perfect. There are defects that will lead to the corruption of the soul.

If you ask me, I think that soul is eerily similar to the concept of 'energy'. The scene of Hell, where they want 'negative emotions souls', depicted with scenes of souls that are eternally suffering, is basically a scene of 'extraction' of the said energy. The scene of Heaven, where they want 'positive emotions souls' depicted with scene of 'happiness'. Which in my opinion, is also a process of 'positive' extraction of energy.
    Only a very very few exception of the highest quality of soul could be transformed as the 'staff' of the energy extraction.

What do you think about my view on souls?

prongsjiisan likes this.
  14. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    The Buddha I know didn't do that. He already transcended under a tree.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  16. Villager Anonymous

Reading List:
    Link
    He broke free from the cycle of karma(possibly through a loophole or maybe he just wanted to be first to give himself a headstart to redevelop a personality) and is waiting beyond the veil so he could eat the prepared souls when they come.

17. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    Where in the story was that explicitly mentioned?

18. Illisaide

Illisaide ╰(✧∇✧╰) Venti!~

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn’t. He’s making that up.

19. Lazriser

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. I felt attacked. Like... how can Buddha... of all people... be the one to steal souls? It goes against Buddhism. Killing as a sin might be misinterpreted for some monks, but soul stealing is outright blasphemous! To do so would be robbing one of life in both sides. It is the demonic path that leaves no salvation for humanity.

20. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    How dare you ask a random question without my permission?!?!??

I’m gna say it’s like fuel. And the body is the engine. Day to day your soul keeps your body going. And when you eat/drink/relax/sleep/do something you enjoy, your soul is topped up again. And your body is ready to go on~