Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ever since Khan became a legend I've always wondered if the story would dare to introduce 2 legends of (more or less) the same class. It could go a long way to show that Satisfy is the world of new chances where players can pioneer their own path. And I don't just mean some guy getting the leftovers like whoever is next up for Povia's Descendant or UK's Descendant.

If there was a class I specifically thought was ripe for a second user it would probably Demon Slayer. I like the idea of a player or even an NPC filled with rage as a Great Demon destroys everything they've known. The player (and Morpheus) knows the great kingdoms are letting the demon ravage the land but they still fight anyway. Thus, they're rewarded with an opportunity. It would be a similar situation to Ruby/OG Alex.

2. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with Grid can and will probably meet all of the tower members. The members would be interested in him, a current legend with one of the greatest pedigrees. If Amoract knows about what Braham would need for his resurrection so would the tower and they might inquire about that as well. After all, he was a former pioneer and it's not hard to deduce Grid would be related to this event. In addition it's not like the owner of a mineral that could destroy the world is a small talk issue. They'll definitely question him. The members might want to gauge his character as well. Thus, they have all kinds of reasons to reveal themselves and chat with Grid.

I'd be surprised if the tower leader didn't have a very impressive pedigree himself as he singlehandedly resolved the matter of who they should ask assistance from. Being the first legend would fit the bill. If any of them are dragonslayers I would think the rest would be one as well. We know none of them can individually hunt a healthy adult dragon. They slayed Gujel together so that might give the title to all who have been involved similar to how a bunch of people got the savior of the world title for defeating Belial/Berith. Or perhaps the leader is special and he slayed a hatchling one on one. We'll wait and see.

Yeah, don't expect any necromancers. If you are dealing with baal and dragons, being a necromancer is one of the worst possible classes you could have. The number of the undead that would be helpful is limited and I doubt the story would have another necromancer when there are Baal and his contractor already playing such a prominent role in the story.

Bunhelier's level was ???? so he was probably at least level 1000 2 years from the current events. The tower members would likely be similar. However just how high would the levels of the previous legends were? Pagma was estimated to be around level 600s before he became Baal's contractor. I don't see any of them being above 800 from what we know so far. I just don't see the tower leader being significantly above Madra. In addition, Zikfrector is probably comparable to an individual member if he isn't stronger. Grid's highest praise was like is Biban the only guy who could fight Marie Rose in a battle and Zikfrector did exactly that and survived. I doubt he is anywhere near level 1000 when Garam is barely level 600.

3. dionit

dionit Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends I'd assume. If it was a Descendant type class, where you follow a previous legend's footsteps, then I guess it's only available once. However, the classes that are attained by achievements , like Kraugel's and Jishuka's, seem to only depend on the player's achievements, so I'd guess if multiple people fulfill the requirements they could be both legends of the same type.

However, this brings up a problem. Since a legend's power depends on the recognition they have from the world, would the 2 players have to share it? As we know from Dante's example, recognition is attributed not to the perpetrator, but to they identity they used. So if 2 Sword Saints existed at once, it's possible that at least some of their feats would be confused between them. So how does Satisfy deal with this? Having both gain full benefits makes no sense, as it'd essentially giving players double of what they deserve. Giving each half seems fair, but if one has more feats than the other it stops being so. Does the system make them compete? Or does it nip the problem in the bud by simply not allowing them to have the same class, although it would be unfair for the second person, being robbed of their just reward.

Same thing goes for inheritances from past legends. Unless you're like Kraugel who's ignoring those and forging his own path, it's quite likely the two legends would have to compete for at least some of their class treasures.

In Khan's case, this would probably not have been a problem since Grid's legendary status encompasses much more than blacksmithing. And it's unlikely it'll ever get addressed but it's interesting to think about how such situations would work.

dereonlad likes this.
  4. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When I say I've read the raw, I mean that I've read the chapters the author uploads by paying for it. I can read Korean since I'm Korean

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    REDIV and Muteki Reader like this.
  5. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    He meets:
    The first seat, dragon slayer Hayate

Second seat, Fronzalts, Radbold's brother. Class does not come out.

Third seat, Scientist, Radbold, who is a Giant(Uses the ancient relic Magic machine, like the one Zibal uses)

Fourth seat Betty, class doesn't come out(Seems to be very shy)

Fifth seat Monster tamer Zurne

Sixth seat Ken, Legendary Dancer

The seventh seat, a Legendary painter Abelio. Gives Grid a Protagonist of the Extremely Honorable Painting

Eighth seat, Legendary magician Jessica

and of course,
    Ninth seat Sword Saint Biban

aqua55, REDIV, Shatteredsun and 2 others like this.
  6. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kzhckz.

Kzhckz. [Sad] [Angry] [Happy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ain't that one drawing awesome?

Grid's Overgeared could be felt on that drawing, and Kraugel plain ness could be seen

8. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but so do I and chapter 1216 the lastest for me

9. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Where are you reading it? I read mine in an app called Kakaopage

Muteki Reader likes this.
  10. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    What is chapter 1216 about? Mine doesn't come out in chapters and the latest one for mine is Novel 59 - 6

11. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid talking to piaro and others then deciding to go to the tower maybe sites are a chapter behind the app?

12. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like that you're at Novel 57 -13

13. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    That's like fifteen chapters behind mine

14. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Fucking hell I guess Koreans get a advantage here kind of sad so Grid going though all their tests?

15. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to read the raws, then you can download a app called Kakaopage and search 템빨. You can buy chapters.
    Grid went through 3 tests(floors) and then got a free pass, skipping the rest because he proved that he was good enough

16. Shatteredsun

Reading List:
    Link
    Think I’d need to use VPN for that also are tests are in order so he did mage, painter, dancer?

Muteki Reader likes this.
  17. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, he went through 2 tests. First test was finding the stairs to the second floor because the first floor is insanely big(they were testing his body and mind). They skipped the second test and then he fought Abelio where Abelio tested his technique

willizz1, Yogi666, REDIV and 3 others like this.
  18. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Regarding Legends, it's been stated in story that people can't share Legends. Like the Legendary classes can only have one owner at a time. Grid isn't a Legendary Blacksmith, he's the Legendary Pagma's Descendant, so Khan was fine to be the Legendary Blacksmith when it happened. So there can't be a Legendary Farmer besides Piaro and someone would need to become Piaro's Descendant to have his class. There is no overlap at all in a direct sense, so if another Demon Slayer were to be a thing for instance, they would never be able to become a Legend so long as Yura is one, usurping a Legend is probably possible, but doing it would be a massive pain in the ass. Hurent can no longer do the Sword Saint Quest once Kraugel succeeded in completing it. I just do not get how people can keep forgetting this about how Legends work. And before you bring up Biban, he's a former Legend, he gave up the mantle of Sword Saint to Muller.

19. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol that tower set up is crazy
    So sword saint is the weakest and the legendary magician lol
    The painter and dancer would be extremely interesting considering how versatile a blacksmith, sculptor and farmer could be

I wonder if the legendary dancer would be able to improve grids sword dances to make use of their ritual

Another honorable painting is always good

Lol is the monster tamer like Ian? Does he just have boss/raid monsters as pets?

It's a shame grid gets to skip all the tests though, wouldve been fun seeing Grid go through some trials again like he did on the islands. If he could've collected rewards from each of the previous legends (maybe another dragon pill) wouldve been awsome

20. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Grid use his before or after the national competition made a separate server?

Wow, a taming master reference. If he's really like Ian then imagine a legendary rank assimilation skill where he takes the best stat from an OP pet. He probably doesn't have pet creation, unless part of his storyline involves a mad scientist, but the ability to enslave a non-capture boss monster would be huge.

The dancer legend has probably the second best creation skill behind a blacksmith. There's a limit behind the effect of a dance, like he can't dance his way inside a locked chest the same way Grid's master key can. But it's still nearly unlimited.

Although I guess if Undead creation works the same way sculpture resurrection works, Agnus has the best creation skill.