About trash of the count's family

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Lachaize, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Lachaize

Lachaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm at around chap 190 and why do I feel like the MC will never be in danger because he has a member of the most powerful race with him (aka the dragon)? It makes things a bit boring
    There is hardly any struggle too
    Will there be powerful entities later? Because raon can just squash the current villains and be done with it...

2. Snowbun

Snowbun

Reading List:
    Link
  3. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are looking for thrilling fights then answer is no. I dropped it around chapter 350 but my reason was different....
    After chapter 250, 1/3 of every chapter is about POV of side characters that how kind and heroic is MC, and their concern for him. Tbh it was pretty annoying.
    And as I was binge reading it was more apparent to me.

Ziavory likes this.
  4. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, well if that's the problem then you don't have to worry. Later they go up against dragon slayers and whatnot, the dragons don't remain the strongest beings in his party...well, not in all categories at least. Also it's hinting at a greater power that's behind everything.

Ziavory likes this.
  5. Lachaize

Lachaize Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The misunderstanding with people seeing Mc as a kind person was funny at the beginning but now, it's starting to get on my nerves. I feel like every single character is made to show how "great" of a person Mc is :(
    But since I have nothing else to read at the moment and that there are powerful entities later, I will just turn a blind eye to ppl praising cale non stop

Martha5 likes this.
  6. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be frank,

I've never read any chinese novel that actually make me feel like the MC will be in danger. (due to xianxia nature)

As far as I've read anything from here, there is only one novel where the MC died is Martial Emperor Reborn. That was due to the fact the author was reading about the complaints on the novel MC and he killed off said MC.

If you want to read something fresh, I have 2. Legend of the sun knight and cultivation Chat group. Best of the bunch

7. Melikachan

Melikachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as it's typical hero party story, the more the hero party gain power the stronger the villains will become stronger and trickier. Like how Cale said it himself:"this is a world that the old man in your neighborhood can a swordmaster."

And those misunderstanding is what i really like about this novel.

Author tried to pull out strategy but they weren't successful so if you are reading this after something like Dungeon defense you will they are some childish tricks

Martha5 likes this.
  8. bored nobody

bored nobody Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, for me it became unbearable. After chapter 250, every single chapter had reactions of side characters. I finally dropped it at chapter 350..

9. giyuuwu

giyuuwu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I love Trash of the count's family and that's mostly because I love everyone's reaction to the stuff Cale does skskksks and how he has everyone wrapped around his fingers, knowingly or unknowingly.
    About powerful entities, hmm till where I've read now, personally I felt it was well done in terms of plot planning? I didn't feel that there were no challenges, because oh my was it a turbulent ride. And taking into consideration Cale's want to rest peacefully, it certainly ain't good on him lol (and he did nearly die during the gorge of death arc [I'm currently on ch 275])
    on the aspect of everyone around him being strong, well initially he had to go through the struggles of roping everyone in so I think its deservedly so? Having Raon on his side certainly tips the scale in his favor, but I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it. Plus the Chimera dragon-dude and the dragonslayer certainly caused difficulties so I think in future the stakes will get a bit higher indeed.
    This work is more about building relationships and connections, from what I've felt right now and less about blood gore and mauling, and tbh I love it because of that reason. It's a sloooowww burn, with multiple networks coming into play, expected unexpected elements popping up; I would say the author has done a really great job on world-building here.

the Legendary Frog and Martha5 like this.