LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, there is literally a term for the three people who reached supreme grandmaster in refinement path, called the Three Olds. Old Eccentric Tian Nan, Old Immortal Kong Jue, and Long Hair Ancestor.

Astaroth likes this.
  2. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Even Fang Yuan knew of Long Hair Ancestor, he's famous as hell. He's recorded in history for being one of the three supreme grandmasters in refinement path.

3. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You said it yourself: "the requirement for supreme grandmaster is to surpass the world's peak refinement path".
    THE WORLD, not just "everyone else".
    "Everyone knew about them" doesn't mean "Everyone knew right about them"

Astaroth likes this.
  4. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    This discussion has been really stupid these last few days. Can we talk about something more substantial. Like how everyone who is relative to Fang Yuan ends up turning into a girl despite this not being a harem book.

penguinleecher, Astaroth and Wujigege like this.
  5. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you're just nit picking. Ask @Sky Farrow, the one who translated this book

6. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, I do acknowledge that the author is human, he can make mistakes. That is normal. The same is applied to the translator.
    But that doesn't mean we must pretend that these mistakes didn't exist at all.

Astaroth likes this.
  7. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And? this does not state that 3 CONSECUTIVE demon venerables will appear
    Most of the righteous venerables did not join heavenly court.

It states that 3 demon venerables will appear during the era of turmoil before a new venerable joins heavenly court.
    Having more than 1 backup plan is not stupid, it is in fact the literal opposite.
    Also the two backup plans are non contradictory, they can first resurrect and then recreate fate gu.

Also, it took them hundreds of thousands of years to repair a damaged fate gu. Note when it was damaged and when it was repaired. Re-creating it if it is destroyed is not at all a trivial task.
    The "deduce heavenly secret" thing? that was her sacrificing herself to be devoured by heaven will. Similar to the partial merging done by purple mountain true monarch, she was able to somewhat communicate partway through the process thus giving them the prophecy.

Additionally, her developing countermeasures against their attacks does not mean she knows all their secrets. Heck, it is even proven when her countermeasures fail against lotus demon venerable who injures fate gu.
    HC does not just permanently store the immortal gu that is donated to them.
    They explicitly use them, and they explicitly lose them.
    This was explicitly stated when discussing fixed immortal travel gu and them re-refining it. It was stated it has been in their hands multiple times in the past, each time it was put to work and eventually lost or destroyed.

Giant sun could have negotiated for it.
    Or he could have had it refined because it was destroyed by the time he became a venerable and nobody owned it.
    Or he could have stolen it from a random 3rd party that is not heavenly court because it was destroyed over those eons and re-refined by another force since then.
    Red Lotus was a rank 9 immortal who transcended the limits of dao marks (rank 9 is characterized by casting spells with infinitely replenishing dao marks, that act as an artificial secluded domain) and personally damaged fate gu with his own rank 9 gu called love gu.
    If FY actually made such a statement, then he was wrong. Which incidentally happened more than once that MC was wrong IC.
    But as those chapters were not translated yet I remain doubtful

penguinleecher likes this.
  8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are speaking as if those are mutually exclusive. They are in fact quite the opposite.
    Resurrecting venerables is a great way to accelerate the re-refinement of fate gu, or to make sure that they are the ones who acquire the wild one who reforms on its own.
    That is correct, to be a supreme grandmaster one must innovate and expand the dao beyond what has previously existed in the world.

However it is worth noting that being a supreme grandmaster does not make one automatically rank 9. Most supreme grandmasters failed to reach rank 9.
    I agree with the words you said in principal, I disagree in the specific example.
    Every single example you gave of plot hole is wrong. Your accusation of this being fanboyism where we are ignoring reality out of fanboyish fervor to the author is nonsensical and is just you resorting to ad-hominem attacks because you have repeatedly failed to back your arguments. So you are attacking the people who are arguing with you instead.

Also the author kept exhaustive notes (I have seen them) specifically to prevent plot holes. And he succeeded in the attempt. It is quite impressive that he has done so.
    And maybe he did make some plot holes somewhere... but so far none of the specific examples given are legitimate.

9. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Your statement is untrue. 3/5 righteous venerables joined HC.
    Moreover, it DID state that 3 CONSECUTIVE demon venerables will appear.
    They ARE contradictory. Do you know why "refine Fate Gu" is the first, not "resurrect venerables"?
    Like you said "Re-creating it if it is destroyed is not at all a trivial task". In that case, resurrecting venerables first would make things easier, therefore must be the logical choice, right? Why wouldn't they do that?
    Because one rule of Fate is "every being can only live once". It has been stated that when Fate Gu is fixed, every beings that tried to escape death (like zombies) will return to death again.

It has been stated that Human Qi Gu in the HC hand from the beginning. And Giant Sun can't negotiate for it.
    FY, under "Sea Qi Ancestor", has asked for it in exchange for saving HC. HC still refused.
    This Gu is related to the resurrection of Primodial Venerable. There's no way HC would let it be lost.
    Let's wait for the translation reach that part and see for yourself.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Then have you ever wondered why they didn't resurrect Venerables sooner?
    One again, see for yourself when the translation reach that part.
    I don't "attack" anyone.
    I'm a translator myself, I can read Chinese. If you think I'm making things, I can show you the raw.
    And I can tell you that I'm not again the author. There is another novel of Gu Zhen Ren has been translated, The Venerable Monster Tamer . Guess who is translating it?

Astaroth likes this.
  11. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    One thing people. Can you all put spoilers in the spoilers tag? I've just started reading what fanwithlight was arguing with mrttao and most of the time, you don't bother covering up the spoilers. I've read only up to the translated version so I'm pretty annoyed at seeing spoilers. Go make a thread for a spoilers for Reverend Insanity like how Overgeared has one.

penguinleecher and Astaroth like this.
  12. Godgrid

Reading List:
    Link
    LIKE THIS SHIT. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THE VENERABLES WERE GOING TO RESURRECT.

Astaroth likes this.
  13. bakato

bakato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Long Hair was a rank 8 supreme grandmaster. This is fact. Attainment levels are constantly growing. What might have gone for supreme grandmaster in Long Hair's time doesn't qualify anymore. It has been +100000 years.

You don't know that. The natural formation of wild gu is something of up to chance. Without fate gu to manipulate events, trying to refine fate gu naturally for Heaven's Will would be like trying to build a sand castle without any arms or legs. And even if it COULD it would take a long time, by which point the venerables would've already resurrected and started wreaking havoc.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Randomnames

Randomnames New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It never stated 3 would appear in a row, it said 3 would appear before heavenly court got a new lord. Your argument should have been if only 2 demon venerables appeared so far, and you have a kid that will become a venerable, why would you raise him as the next lord if you know it might not work? Of course we have no idea what exactly happened back then so it's all up in the air who's right on this topic. They could have been trying to keep him at a lower level until the next demon venerable appeared so they could quickly gain a new lord.

Astaroth likes this.
  15. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gonna put it out there that red lotus, the soul venerable (can’t believe I’m forgetting his name since he’s the second most relevant venerable to the story), and thieving heaven couldn’t have been predicted or foreseen. Two of them are otherworldly demons and one of the changed his own fate from immortal venerable to demon venerable.

also, red lotus and heaven thieving are so fucking cool

LordBS likes this.
  16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not the plan, but I think I should restrain myself from spoil more.
    Just check the translation, after less than 40 chapters it will reach the part about Red Lotus.
    Yes, Red Lotus and Thieving Heaven are the coolest among Venerables, but their lives are quite tragic.
    I think the happiest one is Giant Sun. He has a lot of wives.
    P/S: Only Thieving Heaven is Otherworldly Demon. Other two aren't.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Astaroth likes this.
  17. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul dude is. The sovereign fetus was originally supposed to turn him into an otherworldly demon

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    The sovereign fetus was originally supposed to turn him into a half-otherworldly demon.
    His soul is still from Gu world, not outside world.

Astaroth likes this.
  19. hmod

hmod Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, maybe they wanted to make him venerable after the demon venerable or maybe they thought they can have 2 venerables at the same time. Point is If you just nitpick everything in a story you're bound to find "plot holes" author can't possibly explain every single detail about everything. Heck if you use that logic then even Reality itself has plot holes since there are lots of stuff we still don't understand about the world.

20. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot holes I point out is not what the story doesn't explain, but what the story can't explain. The contradiction is in-universe (out-universe, it's easy to explain: the author has to keep track of many details and forget a few)
    Anyway, let's wait until the translation reach that part and see for yourself. I realized that explaining is futile since you don't have enough information. After that, if you think of a possible explanation, I'm glad to hear.