LCD Reverend Insanity/Daoist Gu

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Sky Farrow, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spring-Autmn Cicada time

2. Unfettered09

Unfettered09 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually agree with that resurrecting the venerable themselves would be contradicting to how fate gu works but refining or find the naturally form fate Gu is almost impossible if we look at the whole world itself, I mean the life and death gate is basically destroyed and others stuff like existance of true demons/ zombies so the natural forming of fate gu is almost impossible or at least would take tons of time and as for refining it would probably take a lot more time than three hundred thousand since it took almost that time just fixing it and since it involves the fate of all lives the requirement to actually get it to level 9 will be almost impossible by then and even if they refine level 6, it would be pointless since it will still be filled with countless flaw and of course even if they did that Fang Yuan will just destroy it so yeah

i would think that refining or finding another fate gu will be the number one plan of HC with the right circumstances, like the demon that destroyed the fate gets destroyed aswell ect.. and since thats not gonna work or has slim chance, they went to plan B and that resurrecting the Venerable of HC

Astaroth and mrttao like this.
  3. fanwithlight

fanwithlight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a problem: Theoretically, HC doesn't need a plan B since plan A (almost) cannot fail. They outright say that due to Star Venerable's fusion with Heaven's Will, even if Fate Gu is destroyed and all members of HC are killed, when a new Fate Gu appears HC will reform. They simply need to wait until the attacker dies of old age.
    Plan A can only fail in one situation: A complete Otherworldly Demon refine it into Destiny Gu. Recipes of both these Gu are invented in the current Era, which is 3 million years from Remote Antiquity Era.
    Even if we assume that Star Venerable can calculate that far (personally I think she can't, as before her death she could only predict till Olden Antiquity Era), that doesn't explain why her predecessor, Primordial Venerable, leave several tricks to revive himself.

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Unfettered09

Reading List:
    Link
    So maybe that's why the Venerable is trying to revive since wisdom path is all about calculation to create prediction it's not hard to calculate fang yuan has a chance to create a destiny Gu? (maybe the only one that has chance )
    as for primordial Venerable having several tricks to revive himself is probably only for the worst-case scenario, what I mean is that we know that star venerable's master is primordial venerable so maybe the plan as using the fate gu for the foundation of HC came from him and he succeeded so if you're primordial venerable you will probably think of the worst-case scenario which in this case the destruction of fate gu and that's why he created several tricks for him to revive so that he can revive HC himself and maybe that's why star venerable is so insistent on reviving her master and who know maybe the revive HC will become much more stronger if the aboriginal people no longer has fate that tied them, in a way its also an opportunity for them but i dunno

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That does not make it contradictory.
    You have to realize that if fate gu is destroyed it means heavenly court is in incredible dire straits. Re-refining it will be a very long process that consume immense amounts of resources.

Having rank 9 resurrect means that:
    1. they can prevent opportunistic forces from robbing / murdering them while they are weak and depriving them of the resources needed to re-refine fate gu

2. they can kill whomever destroyed it in the first place. since it must have been a rank 9 otherworldly demon. As even rank 9 venerables like heavenly lotus who use rank 9 gu like love gu are unable to destroy fate gu, fate gu is incredibly durable and to destroy it would require a rank 9 person of immense power even compared to other rank 9s, who is an existential threat to heavenly court.

3. their rank 9 can rob other factions of any missing resources they might need to re-refine fate gu. Or to take it forcibly from whatever faction finds it after it spontaneously reforms.

There is no plot hole here. There is no incompability. Having resurrected rank 9s makes it vastly easier to recreate fate gu
    The rank 9s dying (which is uncertain since they resurrected while it was destroyed. but ill give it to you) is not in any way shape or form a contradiction. Just an indication of how dedicated they are to the cause that they are will to re-die a second time to recreate fate gu

It took them 300 thousand years to repair a damaged rank 9 fate gu. They absolutely need the power of resurrected rank 9s who are willing to sacrifice themselves to the cause to have a chance of re-refine it from scratch / re acquire it after it reforms and then upgrade it all the way to rank 9 in the shortest amount of time

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Astaroth likes this.
  6. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn it. So many spoilers.
    I stopped reading the machine translation s and it took me months to get it out of my head
    At spoiler tag @mrttao lol

7. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I still think it's unlikely the case, but let's stop here and wait (if I try to prove my point, it'll spoil almost all volume 6)
    Just re-checked the raw. There are paragraphs that say Long Hair is Supreme Grandmaster. Then it's a bit strange, because Lang Ya Land Spirit didn't know about self-regenerating and self-sustaining dao marks.

Astaroth likes this.
  8. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    There is one thing I want to ask everyone here: "Dao" or "Path", which one sound better?
    For example, how is "Unlimited Human Path" compare to "Unlimited Human Dao"?

9. Unfettered09

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah its better to wait since most of my speculation is just speculation but that speculation itself make it not much of a plot hole
    but if you think about it not much far-fetch for primordial venerable to have so many reviving plans incase after all since he's the founder of HC and HC core foundation is fate gu and fate gu doesn't allow reviving but if destroy then makes it possible, its that simple (if that make sense) and he also made star venerable his pupil to further the core foundation of HC meaning an expert in Fate, so he probably trained star venerable in the way of fate or something and not QI path which he basically created and would've easily pass that to star venerable

10. Unfettered09

Reading List:
    Link
    I have an odd thought if primordial venerable get resurrected would you think he would want to refine fate gu? I mean fate gu is powerful but we all know its not all-powerful in fact to venerable it more like a restriction that limits there lifespan and maybe their chance to improving to level 10 and primordial made it the foundation of HC so that it can make sure that safety of HC and because he really can't destroy it even if he wanted to so primordial and star venerable just made it to there most powerful weapon but now its destroy ? would they still refine it? if they are then thats kinda dumb but then again maybe they're not looking eternal life like fang yuan and just want to rule/peace for humanity but still if they are immortal if level 10 is truly immortal level then humanity itself won't get destroy

11. gangsar1998

gangsar1998 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you have been to obsessed with refining fate gu and venerable resurrecting that you forget what is the point anymore, heavenly court want to keep fate gu because as long as they have fate gu they will be number 1 sect, this is pointed by wu yong after fate gu is destroyed by fang yuan

„Hehe, in fact, you must be careful. Do not catch up after Heaven and Earth nature produced Fate Gu, your refining does not come out. By that time, Fate Gu has become wild Immortal Gu, that is everybody may result, not necessarily was the thing of your Heavenly Court.”

it is implied that the purpose of heavenly court it self already changing, from a sect that want the rise of human into one that want to rule over 5 region, and for that fate gu is necessary, because they would be invincible. at the time fate gu destroyed they have 2 option refing fate gu/looking for wild fate gu or resurrecting venerable, and the method for resurrection is not known even by member of heavenly court, who knows that 3 clone of constellation that would combine and resurrect her, genesis qi art fruit resurrection, or genesis lotus picture dao(that event constellation doesn't even know where it is stored), thus it is understandable for duke long to think of refining fate gu first because he want to prevent the rise of non human and also keeping heavenly court as number 1 sect. you do know at 5 region chaotic war that is inevitable, a method for a surefire victory is necessary, thus they can either choose fate gu(which they did but unfortunately destroyed) or venerable resurrection(which also predict this, that is why almost all venerable made arrangement for a resurrection)

12. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The Three Olds are stated to have been Supreme Grandmasters in refinement path/dao several times. E.g. Chapter 598:

Fang Yuan was not willing to talk about this, he asked instead: “You mentioned Old Immortal Kong Jue earlier, is it that refinement path supreme grandmaster from the olden antiquity era?”

“That’s right, it’s him. Refinement path supreme grandmaster… even throughout human history, since ancient times, there had only been three. Future generations called them the ‘Three Olds’. They were the remote antiquity era’s Old Eccentric Tian Nan, olden antiquity era’s Old Immortal Kong Jue, and medieval antiquity era’s refinement path supreme grandmaster Long Hair Ancestor.”

However, it turns out it was like @fanwithlight said might've happened, there's been some mistranslation. To confirm this I checked the raws on LNMTL (you could just use some random chinese aggregator site as well, but LNMTL is easier imo, plus I even happend to have chapter 598 bookmarked cause I've been re-reading Daoist Gu after reading on LNMTL long ago.)

This is what the raw for what had been translated as "Supreme Grandmaster" was on LNMTL: 炼道大宗师, i.e. Refinment Dao/Path Great Grandmaster (宗师 = Grandmaster and 大 = Great)

IDK about the current translation since I have yet to completley catch up to the translation after re-reading, but at least in LNMTL glossary "Supreme Grandmaster" is called 无上大宗师 in the raws, so technically it would be Supreme Great Grandmaster.

p.s. also technically 无上 literally means that there's no one above or who is more superior, so you could say that going by the title they're still Great Grandmasters, just that there's no one better than them. That could explain why becoming a "Supreme Grandmaster" would become more difficult over time.

Translators are also human, and iirc it wasn't even Skyfarrow translating Reverend Insanity by this point anymore so idk why ya'll asking Skyfarrow.

Yes, Fang Yuan only became 100% otherwordly because he already has an otherwordly soul, since he transmigrated to the Gu Master World. Spectral Soul Demon Venerable would've become half-otherwordly thanks to getting an otherwordly body, but his soul is still from the gu master world.

To be a complete otherwordly demon without creating a body you'd need to be transported rather than transmigrated, though I don't remember if there ever was a case like that.

LordBS likes this.
  13. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I just read 1502, another chapter were the three olds are stated to be Supreme Grandmasters. But this time it also says Supreme Grandmaster in the raws as well (无上大宗师), and not just Great Grandmaster (大宗师).

I went back and checked chapter 598 again, both on LNMTL and some raw sites. It still says 大宗师 in that chapter. So presumably it's been retconned by the author, he's gone back and rewritten some parts in the past as well so it's not really that surprising. It could be that he just straight up retconned without changing old chapters, or the aggregator sites might've not updated after the chapter was rewritten on Qidian.

And anyway it wouldn't really make sense if the "three olds" weren't Supreme Grandmasters since there's a lot of Rank 8s that are also Great Grandmasters, so if they weren't Supreme Grandmasters then they wouldn't actually be extraordinary.

Yomiel Metathronos likes this.
  14. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Between Great Grandmaster and Supreme Grandmaster, there is a level, which is Quasi-Supreme Grandmaster.
    The author did a lot of retcons, so I think Long Hair must be at this level. The story repeatedly said that human is the only race that has enough comprehend ability to become Venerable. Moreover, in the whole story Long Hair didn't show any ability that Supreme Grandmaster has.

15. Godgrid

Godgrid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he try to make a man-made secluded domain of heaven and earth?

16. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    Making an artificial domain of heaven and earth didn't require Supreme Grandmaster level.

17. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    Long hair is supreme grand master. True meaning brings you up to the border but no outside help can help you cross it. Only your own efforts can. Long hair is one of three who achieved supreme grandmaster in refinement Dao with the other two working for the heavenly court

18. fanwithlight

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read Astaroth's post above. There are even instance says Long Hair is Great Grandmaster.
    The author may forget to fix his previous chapters.
    What I want to say is that up to the latest chapter, Long Hair didn't show any ability that a Supreme Grandmaster has.
    So it's possible that he's just a Quasi-Supreme Grandmaster.

Astaroth likes this.
  19. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what retcons?
    I think it depends on the context

20. TokyoBoule

TokyoBoule Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder about something can someone spoil me please ? You know when Sovereign Immortal Fetus Gu was created and Spectral Soul came out of the gate of life and death, we learn that spectral soul devoured many souls of daoist but couldn't eat one particular big burning soul. So it seems to be Verdant Great Sun and so after the event of sovereign Fetus gu what happen to this soul of Verdant Great Sun ?