LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. HYPERION7

HYPERION7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And even old age isn't certain

Paps and CountryMage like this.
  2. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't he have a skill that let him kind of ignor ageing? Plus now he works for Van. No one will die of old age unless they want to.

3. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not even old age, he is just nervous of it, he hasn't aged a day in decades. it was even mentioned as part of his background that he became a health nut for no reason

Paps likes this.
  4. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    @Startarrot and @Darquesse yeah, he has eternal youth, maybe immortality too, but he just can't ignore old age, he's very obsessed with being old. So he's gone about collecting a few young wives here and there, icing his back, collecting odd artifacts, eating more fermented food, etc., just a bunch of old people stereotypes.

Paps likes this.
  5. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Eddy andres

That's very insightful of you. The character analysis of Biryne.

I'm not a fan of Eminence of the Shadows too much after his John Doe arc. Overlord plays the chunni/role playing act better than a tremendous novel. The difference is that Ainz has a caution, insight, and imagination, as well as knowing who his real allies are and whom to protect when needed. The MC in the Eminence of Shadows at first it was funny, but later he was narrowly avoiding over-escalating situations and causing harm to his immediate surroundings with his fantasies.

Schneider should have some form of immortality from his contract with his evil god companion. He won't die from aging, but he's not invincible. Most immortals or long lived beings suffer mentally and time goes one, unless they sleep periodically. For example, suicide from boredom.

Eddy andres likes this.
  6. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't it the reason you insist so much that he's old, is it because of his desire to retire and spend the rest of his days with his wives (and children)?
    Curious, half of that comment was a joke, but I still think the same, Birkyne seems the type of person who thinks that his role in this work called life is so important, that no matter what he does, lived to the end.

7. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Schneider has immortality from the blood of the Elder Dragons he killed that were on the side of Gudu during the war or joined the DK army remnants. Do none of you read the footnotes and character summaries? Schneider gained it at a bad timing though as he is mentally the age he was when he became immortal, so mentally he's stuck in permanent midlife crisis. His physical state is basically him at 20, but he truly does see himself as middle aged and that will never go away unless Van encroaches on his mind and deals with it.

Agame, chomer, Eddy andres and 3 others like this.
  8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Randolph has more chance of winning giving that he is more expierenced.

9. TheZephyrStorm

TheZephyrStorm Rock God

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m gonna be honest and I don’t want you to hate me. I skip the character summaries at the end of every volume.

anon likes this.
  10. Zing

Zing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can totally relate, they are enormous, yet they contain some amusing titbits of information. The problem is that there is far too many characters. The old, grumpy titan blacksmith, titan scout that taught Braga the black goblin, the black anubis twins and many more side characters. We dont actually hear a lot about them after the earlier arcs concluded.
    I think of author were to write short character summary for all of his characters so far, it might be as long as the entire volume.

Eddy andres likes this.
  11. SupahHamster

SupahHamster 『The One Who Lurks』

Reading List:
    Link
    I read them all but sometimes the small tibits of info might escape me.

diamonds and imafire like this.
  12. X07Zero

X07Zero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also used to skip all footnote until I catch up with translator and begun reread XD

But sometimes I'm still skipping status information, expressly Van's thought =_=;

Paps and Lucresia like this.
  13. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I originally started reading this novel on a page in Spanish, and for some reason it did not show the summaries of characters and even worse, it did not show the secondary chapters, I ended up arriving at the arch of Zakkart's dungeon missing a third of the work.

Paps likes this.
  14. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what you mean, I already stoped considering how high his mana is, I mean, whats the point by now, we know is BIG

15. Nekomimik

Nekomimik Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For comparison's sake? As in to have a concrete idea just how out of the norm Van-sama when compared to anything else in Lambda? While I just read character status with half a brain and skimmed it more or less lately, I do enjoy seeing how ridiculous Van's status when compared to other characters. It's kind of fun in its own way.

Paps and Eddy andres like this.
  16. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to see these 2 fight. Complete apposites.

Eddy andres likes this.
  17. DyansoN

DyansoN Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the story that been shown, Schneider best feat is killing Elder Dragons while Randolf is destroying multiple A Class adventurer party. My bet will be on Schna

Paps likes this.
  18. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn you guys to the abyss. Making me happy for a new chapter alert. May Rodcock get ahold of your souls!

19. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And do what? Create another soul devouring entity hell-bent on destroying him and incapable of forgiveness?

Eddy andres likes this.
  20. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Not exactly what I had in mind but sounds like something he would do.

Eddy andres and imafire like this.