LCD The Second Coming of Gluttony

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Shield Loyalist, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Which is strongest?

1. banana

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. ramen

104 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. lilac

32 vote(s)
    20.9%
  4. naengmyeon

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hes the guy in stories that tries to incite the crowd to get them riled up over some injustice but in this case all he did was lead them all to death lol. not sure why he was so dead set on doing this mission and having everyone else do it too other then he got greedy when he heard the rewards.

2. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “When I went through the Tutorial, I only got three Necessary Boxes in addition to the Survival Points included initially. We figured you wouldn’t need the Survival Points, so we added another box.” so they get to decide what a gold mark gets? did they get to decide that as the people who invited her or because they were hosts of the neutral zone? either way thats neat and seems like it could be really useful, i wonder if other tier marks have similar options just not as good as the gold mark options.

3. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the MC really makes me cringe from time to time. Look, I understand that they CHOSE to stay in the special tutorial and I am not asking the MC to save them. But the problem is in his mentality which was "I want to monopolize all the rewards so its better if they all die". Which effectively makes him just like all those earthlings he scoffed at.

Then he tested Eun to see if she would have the desire to save people which he looks down on.

Again, I don't care if MC wants to let them all die or not, but his bad habit of being a hypocrite keeps popping up over and over.

eray.gns likes this.
  4. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, he arranged everything and paid for everything. Then he gave himself and Phi Sora the trouble to warn them multiple times about their lives, and what he got was scheming that put all the Contracted at risk by their own will. As he himself said, some people feel entitled to being saved, and they had already showed their true colors before. In this specific case I don’t think it was hypocrisy, he acted according to the Golden Rule. He only asked Eun Yuri what she thought to see how much trouble she would have adapting to Paradise before shit hits the fan later and she sees how earthlings usually act around the place, specially when the Parasites eventually attack again.

5. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    And this is why I said, the problem isn't due to his choices, the problem is with his justification. He also didn't pay for "Everything", he didn't pay for their red stamps as cheap as they were, others paid for them. But again, that isn't the problem here nor the that is the hypocrisy. I had no problem with him leaving them to die. The hypocrisy was that he thought they should all die so he can get the rewards. Which is precisely in line with the thought of most earthlings of the rewards outweigh all. The thought he was disgusted with.

And this also applies to his reaction of saving people. When he himself does it.

This is in line with his previous hypocrisies like him keeping things from others while being outraged they keep things from him.

PS Them staying was also partly Phi Sora's fault they stayed when she mentioned they could live like kings. And it isn't like they tried hard to convince them either. I mean when asked if it was easier than the neutral zone, she was iffy about it. But didn't say its as difficult as the 2nd hardest missions in the neutral zone.

eray.gns likes this.
  6. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well i think it was a mixture of he let them make their choice of being greedy despite being warned and also didnt want to save them because of the rewards. its not like hes actively going around trying to kill them to take the rewards for himself, he just doesnt think he needs to help them when they decided to stay especially when he wants the rewards as well. i dont think his issue is technically that earthlings put rewards over everything, its that they put rewards over the well being of paradise and its inhabitants.
    i do heavily agree with this though. this is a classic issue most mc's have and Seol is definitely no exception.
    i also agree with this, she didnt do the best job as the guide lol. although maybe it was scripted to a certain degree and she had to mention the rewards because of some rule from the gods where before the rules the hosts would hide info so their people would have unfair advantages.

7. Concernedcitizen

Concernedcitizen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    •manhwa chapter 38•
    So, Agnes turned out to be Agnus now. Kek. And where did Jihu learned about demonic instructor when its his first time there?

Edit: its still clare agnes in the next page, so its still good.

8. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao, quality editing amirite :^)

9. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Same quality as the manhwa's story

10. IllidanStormrage

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO

11. waleuska

waleuska Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Um why didn't any of the tutorial people jump at the chance of being on soel team. You would think one person had more than 3 IQ points. Also why didn't Kim babysit soel back when she gave him a golden ticket?

12. IllidanStormrage

Reading List:
    Link
    because they don't know that he's someone special. they just think he's another dude

13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there wasn't really an opportunity. if shit hadnt hit the fan so quickly then maybe at a certain point they would have turned on him and Eun Yuri and say they need to lead them since they're the gold mark duo but because it popped off so quickly everyone just focused on surviving and wasn't really thinking of anyone else. as to the Kim Hannah question i have no clue and wonder the same thing. someone on here suggested maybe its not always an option for every gold mark and the gods can decide, but we just don't know enough about gold marks to really know why she didn't/couldn't

14. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It could be because Kim Hannah is not a combatant. She used to be an Archer before she got the cunning vixen job. Plus she was busy covering up for him and wouldn't be able to get in touch with sinyoung while in the tutorial. She may have been able to leave once she got to the neutral zone but there could be a restriction in place if she came with seol.

15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    personally i think its just cause the author didnt want to have Seol carried through by someone like kim hannah who is super knowledgeable. not just that but if he had kim hannah theres little chance that he meets and befriends everyone he does due to her notorious reputation and general attitude. not that it really matters too much that she didnt help him, i just think overall it would have made the neutral zone and tutorial arcs not as good imo. maybe we'll learn more about the other gold mark dude though and find out if he had someone help him at all at some point though

16. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is this? Friday the 13th? Jason and his mother? lolol
    Why he isn´t using his eyes anymore? getting information is super important but he almost don´t use his ability...

17. Shield Loyalist

Shield Loyalist 『Instinctive』『Status: Hungry for Growth』

Reading List:
    Link
    Gula. Definitely Gula. We've met Ira's, and Shihyun is a warrior.

Based on how contribution points are earned, I think she does earn them by default whenever Seol gets to do a good job. I mean, she brought him to Paradise.

Ayy this one's easy.

"Why would I spend time babysitting a stranger, bare naked without my precious stuff, when I'm busy enough trying to earn moolah here in Paradise?"

They will accept if it's being an Instructor in Neutral Zone, but entering the Tutorial again is a different discussion.

See above.

See above.

I don't think so, given the difficulty of the scenario I think it only opens for Gold Marks, people who are said that are necessary (has to be brought). The Special Tutorial would allow the Gold Invited to maximize points, which maximizes benefits in Neutral Zone.

You think he's a hypocrite because you expect he's going to save them. You have to understand that Seol is no saint. Yes, he saved Earthlings in Eva but that's because it had to be done.

They did warn them plenty enough about the dangers of the Special Tutorial. That alone should be enough effort and no one has any right to demand Seol to save them. It was their own freaking choice and they have to be responsible.

It's one of the things Seol teased Kim Hannah about, where she replied that she didn't expect to give him the stamp and that she didn't have enough time to let him know.

tkato likes this.
  18. lnv

Reading List:
    Link
    You can enter as both an instructor and the tutorial. Which means rather then twiddling your thumbs you can do something. The tutorial is so easy there is little reason not to do it, more so for a gold mark you paid a lot of contribution points.

Do you know how much contribution points are worth? A gold mark can buy an entire neutral zone. If you are using that many contribution points, you would easily send someone to babysit them. Cause if they die by accident, you just lost a guilds worth of contribution points.

If anyone has ever bought a gold mark, then 100% they would have a helper. The only ones less likely to have a helper would be those free gold marks and even then its questionable.

No, I do not. But see, there is a big difference between someone thinking "you chose this, live with your choice" and "hahah die die die for my rewards". I have no problem with his actions, I have problem with his MENTALITY. That is where the hypocrisy is.

Let's be honest, Sora coaxed them into the special tutorial. If she didn't say what she did about living like kings then they may have followed her into the portal. Or at the very least if she bothered to explain the details. Her rebuke to them was even more coaxing as it pretty much hinted they dont want them to get the rewards for their own people.

Of course I am not saying that they should have saved them, but lets stop pretending that it wasn't their fault.

19. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh no, sixth mom is angry
    i think she wants horse sushi for dinner
    XD

20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    im sure this is the reason but like i said, their missing out just for the sake of quick profit in paradise. the fact that no one ever gets gold marks to get at least 1 strong ranker in your org and that no one utilizes bringing in a helper to the tutorial for said gold marks is just so short sighted and narrow minded. it fits in with the setting though, last timeline and this timeline we've seen people straight up abandon paradise over fighting for it despite the fact they dont really die if they die in paradise (of course the issues that come with dying are serious in some cases but im sure big companies have at least a little bit of a system in place to help those people out). overall it makes sense within the story, its just crazy so many people can be so short sighted.
    i do think the way it was worded was bad, and i dont think it accurately conveyed what Seol meant. i do think he does think the more of them that dont survive the better because that means more rewards, but like we just saw in this chapter he clearly is willing to save someone even if it means using a rare healing potion. i just think that was a poorly written part tbh.
    Phi Sora definitely didnt do a good job, but we already know she isnt a good leader of people and honestly probably shouldnt have been the guide. im pretty sure she had to say that stuff about the rewards though otherwise other organizations that are watching could say valhalla cheated them by not giving their red marks a fair chance to get the amazing rewards (even if they know the red marks would never get the rewards anyway.) that guy that stood up was also just a better speaker then Phi Sora making it hard for her to properly explain the full details because she tried multiple times but the guy just had a better grasp on the conversation and the overall atmosphere. as for saying its their fault, sure you could give some blame to Phi Sora and maybe even Seol if he was the one that put Phi Sora in that position, but even then they hardly deserve any blame. for as badly as Phi Sora explained the situation, she made it clear that the special tutorial couldnt be completed by them and wasnt something they should attempt. from there on no matter how badly she explained it they had the information and decided to listen to the random guy over the actual guide of the tutorial even though im sure they were told what to expect before coming into the tutorial. them getting greedy/ being too afraid to stand out and say you wanted to just do the normal tutorial has nothing to do with Phi Sora's explanation and isnt her fault they all made the decisions themselves.

Shield Loyalist likes this.