Discussion [D]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ExcitableFoci, Apr 8, 2020.

1. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [D]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Arash1 and Martialegg like this.
  2. InvincibleDespair

InvincibleDespair Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Humans have default possessive character.

imK, TooLazyToThink, Aquaa and 6 others like this.
  3. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's both. You see, human's behavior is influenced a lot by our instinct and personality.
    When something is stolen from your possession, it triggers anger and hate. Not to mention that something requires a lot of effort to get.
    Chasing someone you like is no easy task. It requires a lot of patience, time, and most importantly, compatibility.
    It's very rare to see someone that you actually love from the bottom of your heart. In ratio, it's pretty much around one in every thousand girl you met in your life.
    The fact that your target is stolen in front of your eyes, is essentially the same as having your loot stolen and make your effort wasted.

It tasted like a bile in your mouth. It's the same feeling when your hard work is not appreciated by someone that you feel close to. Even worse, because the target appreciated someone else that you don't even know or respect.
    The sense of defeat is very overwhelming. Enough that you want to kill someone.

4. Kairil

Kairil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Having hope compared to seeing thw harsh truth of reality is always a bitter thing, no matter if it's romance or other stuff

imK and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Because when you like someone, you start looking at him//her as yours, meaning, he or she is already part of your life in your mind and psychology, and once you started liking someone you probably have already developed emotions and feelings for them and even memories together (even if that is probably just only one sided).
    So when you see him/her going out with someone else, that impression on him/her gets 'defiled' (in a sense) because you know what going out/or being with someone means (and if you don't then you will probably feel it in your heart because getting what was determined by your psychology as yours 'stolen' by someone else will trigger your instincts one way or another) :blobsweat_2:

imK and Aquaa like this.
  6. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never felt that way... closest would be childishly competing with my lil sis for mom's affection.

P.S. If I like someone (fiction or IRL), I'm genuinely happy if they end up with someone who truly appreciates them; it's prolly the reason I enjoy reading romance (no, I don't self-insert).

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Devil of Boredom likes this.
  7. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because at that point you are disillusioned by your own fantasy.

You really don't know a person until you are married to him/her and have kids. Hell, you don't even know anything about yourself up to then. Until that point, you have a fantasy about what the other person will be like and its all gonna be like in heaven. Its obvious you are going to feel bad coz you are missing out on heaven.

But trust me when I say this, you will never get that perfect relationship like your fantasy. If the girl is pretty, shes going to spend so much time on make up and have a stuck up personality because people get her away with things. If the girl is smart, shes going to be condescending on people sometimes you feel uncomfortable. If the girl has a great body, shes going to sag. If the girl is outgoing and has a lot of friends, shes not going to be around you a lot. Is there a girl who is perfect in every way without any flaws? YES, but she's dying, thats why she doesn't have the time to be a bad person.
    Guys are like this as well.

A friend of mine joked once, thats why in choosing a spouse you can only pick 2 of 3 in life. Pretty, Smart or kind. If you are pretty and smart, you won't be kind. If you are smart and kind, you won't be pretty, etc. If a person is all 3, either s/he becomes a saint or gay/lesbian.

Fulminata, ExcitableFoci and Liola like this.
  8. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    Unless you really have feelings for them instead of just a simple crush or you have some sort of strange possessive mentality that they belong to you then the feelings would only last for some time

Aquaa likes this.
  9. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see what you did there.

justmehere likes this.
  10. mcmunhuu

mcmunhuu [Got rejected by LaDyViL] [T_T] [No Game No Life]

Reading List:
    Link
    Never happened before but when i was reading my friends diary ahh it was scariest thing i read my life she just wrote so many bad words some even needed to check the dictionary that was so scary

Fulminata likes this.
  11. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because they are a losers who cant get over rejection :blob_sunglasses:

my personal explanation is that the brain interprets the loss of a piece of body as pain as a survival method so we avoid that kind of pain, then as the brain evolved to be able to make mental constructions like honor, duty, greed or personal ideals the loss of that mental construction is interpreted as pain just as the loss of a body part
    of course, the pain is not as violent because it lacks a physical equivalent on the body

12. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    And the NTR genre that has a major following, they like it when it is applied to others other than themselves. Jealousy

13. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My boy, you are severely underestimating NTR. NTR is worse than just failing your shot to win someone's heart. NTR is worse than just seeing someone you love is with another person. NTR is having won that person you cherished only to have that person be taken away in the most humiliating manner possible between lovers.

In your case, you either missed your chance or dodged a bullet. NTR is having a bullet shot through your heart by your own lover. NTR really does give love a bad name~

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  14. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Ai-chan doesn't mind. The only thing Ai-chan asks for is that Ai-chan gets a piece of the action. You know, fair play and all. If they can do it with other people, then Ai-chan also can do it with other people, whether it be the same people or different people. So if they don't want Ai-chan to do it, they shouldn't do it in the first place.

15. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Never fell in love so dunno. Still enjoy ntr doujin though.

16. Underload

Underload <I need someone to scratch my back!>

Reading List:
    Link
    Because we are selfish. Love is not about what we give in a relation, but what we can get.

17. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man ya'll are fucked up you know that.

The reason you feel bad when you see someone you love with another person isn't because you're possessive and want them all to yourself. It is because them being with another person means you feelings are one sided, it means they don't love you back. That is why it hurts, not because of some testosterone fueled alpha instinct.

ExcitableFoci likes this.
  18. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess both. I mean, there are times when people are in love with someone (romantically) but don't mind not being able to sleep with them or have children with them, they just want to be together.
    Since that feeling can't be explained by something logical like the desire to reproduce, maybe this feeling of loss also can't be explained by something like that...meaning, it's probably something else that's making us feel that way.

Also the NTR hentai thing. You are not the characters, you are not being cheated on and you are not the one cheating ether, but you still feel that way by sympathizing with the characters. So no, it's likely not the possessive desire to mate.

Who knows, love is a weird topic and I sure ain't an expert in it. Never been in love, had 3 or 4 crushes before in my life but most of them were hot bitches and the moment I realized I couldn't stop thinking of them or fantasizing about them I immediately wanted to get out of this puppy love state...since most those girls were like the absolute worst people on earth (but damn they were hot). Anyway, there was one of them who I thought I had a crush on, but for some reason I really wanted to see her get together with another guy who was her childhood friend and neighbor (no, I'm not into that sort of kinky NTR stuff, I'm an advocate for straightforward fluffy romance without any rivals!) Maybe it was the weeb in me that wanted the story to progress in a certain anime way the moment I heard the word "childhood friends" or maybe I just thought they were really cute together and wanted to ship them. Maybe my feelings for her were just a fatherly sort of possessive feeling that changed the moment I started getting along with my "son-in-law" (though she was more of a motherly figure in our club and I was like the lazy rebellious teenager that never listened to her). lol
    Anyway, I started to support them (oh how the others hated me for that, everybody had a secret crush on her and me being as direct as I am blatantly went around "supporting" my boi while the others were too shy to take action...even my best friend had a crush on her! But I also thought of him as a third wheel here). lol
    I still got the same feeling when other guys tried to approach her, but when he was with her I was only frustrated that their relationship is still not progressing!

Maybe sub-consciously my weeb desires take more priority than my love life...or maybe that wasn't even love. Maybe I've never been in love in the first place. But I still felt that feeling you are talking about many times in my life (but probably never for the exact reason you've described). So, it's probably just one of the other weird things about being human.

19. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basement-dwelling incels are likely triggered by this thread.

20. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I am guessing that OP never had any real love before.