LCD God of Music

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Chamber

Chamber Mecha Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's a basic character introduction I made...

Main characters
    KangYoon (M) - our MC, one day he screws up his company, donates to a homeless man, wishing that he could start all over again, rushes to hospital hearing that his sister was critical, and gets hit by a truck, which sends him a decade into the past
    HeeYoon (F) - KangYoon's sister, has a kidney failure, which was cured with a transplant in America. Currently studies music in America.

World Entertainment
    KangYoon - CEO
    Muse - KangYoon + HeeYoon as a musician
    Lee HyunJi (F) - director, formerly president of MG
    Jung HyeJin (F) - an employee
    Professor Choi ChanYang (M) - Lee HyunJi's school senior, once taught KangYoon music, currently teaches Kim JiMin
    Kim JiMin (F) - trainee at World Entertainment. KangYoon got her in an audition which she failed to pass.
    Kim JaeHoon (M) - a famous singer that got into trouble with his former company, and had to go to the military. KY takes him in later.

Park SoYoung (F) - someone KY and HY ran into during a trip. KY saves her from a fake entertainment company and she later goes to uni to learn music. Professor Choi ChanYang is one of her professors. Frequents World Entertainment but not technically employed

Eddios (all female)
    Jung MinAh (MinAh) - leader, has a crush on MC
    Han JooYeon (JooYeon) - the main vocal
    Lee SamSoon (Jennie) - Country girl
    Christie An (Ris) -
    Ailee Jung (Lily) -
    Seo HanYu (SeoYu) - youngest of the group.

White Moonlight (AKA The Formidables)
    Lee HyunAh (F) - leader & vocalist, has crush on MC but got turned down. She joins World Entertainment after turning down Yerang Entertainment as Yerang won't accept the whole band.
    Kim JinDae (M) - drummer
    Lee ChaHee (F) - bass guitarist
    Jung ChanGyu (M) - electric guitarist

MG Entertainment
    Won JinMoon (M) - CEO, falls ill after KangYoon goes to America.
    Won JinPyo (M) - CEO's son. Fodder for directors. Majors in either Art or Mechanical Engineering (Author's mistake)
    Director Lee HanSeo (M) - tea lover, Eddios's supervisor when KY leaves
    Min JinSeo (F) - actress excavated by KY. Yandere. Will go into rage once anyone talks bad about him.
    Other directors - Moon GwangShik tried to frame KY of embezzling. Don't remember anyone else
    Yeon JooAh (F) - Main singer, MC's first project after travelling back in time was to send her to Japan

Yunseul Entertainment
    Choo ManJi (M) - CEO
    DiaTeen - Eddios's rival that debuted just a few months later than Eddios did. When Eddios is thrown over to America, they take over their position with Muse's song. Leader's name is Kang SeGyung, who's considered a rival for Jung MinAh

Yerang Entertainment
    Kang ShiMyoung (M) - CEO, anti-competitive with MC's company and tries to obstruct him.
    Jang HyoJi (F) - Lee HyunAh's rival in Hongdae, joins Yerang after Lee HyunAh turns them down, effectively abandoning her band

Lee JunYeol (Sedy) (M) - a former delinquent singer who turned a new leaf with KangYoon's help. Now KangYoon's fanboy.
    Jay Han (M) - was almost about to fail an audition program, was helped by KangYoon to become champion
    Gye HyoMin (F) - A world-class pianist that had an artist's block. Solved by KangYoon.
    SeasonS - some girl group KangYoon helped out
    TheAce - another group KangYoon helped out

Let me know if I missed anyone out

Mahapatih likes this.
  2. Magnus183

Magnus183 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone recap SeasonS and the ace? I completely forgot about them..

3. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SeasonS was a group from another company that KY made big with a really good electric/techno song during a mall or store showcase. The Ace were/are? an MG duo that had two failed records and were given to KY to plan for. The plan was that if the girls did not perform well under hik to cut then from the company. When KY was given the duo they switch to Jazz music and did a colab with Sedi and became big.

4. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks man, I remembered them now

clmbheat likes this.
  5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    There's too much yelling and screaming and talking in the audience when the performers are singing.
    :aww: :blob_pompom: :blobscream: :blobtaco: :blob_teary: :blobhighfive: blobmelt_thumbs :blobparty:
    How can the audience properly immerse themselves into the songs as the author alleges. :blobuwu: :blobtriumph: :blobReach:

6. Ricelord

Ricelord Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    GoM is back, time to drag Top Management's author back to his work :blobhero::blobhero:

7. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    GoM is already finished, only the translator was away (at the army). TM's author basically ghosted on all of us lol. He said it's hiatus since 2017 probably, and I don't think we have heard from him since.

Although I also wish we could drag him to finish series, but I highly doubt it...
    *insert depressed emoji*

8. Ricelord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know, the author zoomed out on us even though the story was pretty good. Guess his brain ran out of juice and he hasn't found his groove (or he has another job and moved on in life). I was with Chamber throughout EER, so big thanks to him for his dedication in translating novels. It's been a long time since I quit reading Japanese novels, so Korean and Chinese novels that have good consistent translation are always welcome by me.

9. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Same here.. Even then I only follow a few novels now.. Most of the Chinese one are shit and Korean ones are rare compared to the Chinese ones even tho they have a more higher quality in my opinion..

10. Ricelord

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah been running out of novels to read as well. They got some Korean novels on Webnovel (went over there cuz someone said God of Cooking was on there) and I'm pretty sure a lot of it doesn't make it onto NU cuz paywall. Gonna find a way to search for Korean novels on there and maybe take a spin at some, hopefully I get good results. The webtoon updates are more consistent, so if you haven't already, I recommend finding some webtoons to read (though a lot of the ones I used to read are currently in between seasons so I have to wait).

11. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    Read some webtoons, also for all Webnovel/qi that's under paywall, I like to use a pirate site...

12. Ricelord

Reading List:
    Link
    Shhhhh got to keep it under wraps :blobpeek:

13. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    My impression from reading these Korean idol industry stories is that the fandom is a zero sum game, ie each person can only be a diehard fan of one idol. So a new idol must snatch/capture/take fans off of another idol's fan base. The sharing of fans seems like a foreign concept.

14. IllidanStormrage

IllidanStormrage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunately, it really is like that sometimes. but your average fan is usually a fan of multiple groups, its just that the super fans are usually only fans of 1 group

15. Magnus183

Reading List:
    Link
    But aren't super fans are the ones that usually go crazy for the group and do or gift some crazy things to said idol?

16. AwwGasm

AwwGasm Knows some things.

Reading List:
    Link
    Fans can like as many groups as they want, companies are mainly interested in their spending, and money isnt unlimited. The more groups each fan likes, the less likely they spend on any one particular group, so companies really want large amounts of superfans who will buy all the merchandise they put out and encourage or even manufacture rivalries.

17. SerialBeggar

Reading List:
    Link
    I keep getting JiMin and Minah, along with Lee HyunJi and Jung HyeJin mixed up. I can only recognize which is being referred to by the context around the name. But if the writer immediately transitions talking about one to the other, my brain doesn't notice and the momentum carries me for a bit only to skid to a halt when I realize it doesn't make sense.

18. happypanda

happypanda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So... the only girl who gets left out from the vacation is the one that whatever company is trying to seduce away? I hope the girl does not get fooled and kicks the golden goose (Kangyoon) away.

clmbheat likes this.
  19. Midnight2630

Midnight2630 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    too many Lee and Kim in this novel...
    the only one i never mistake before must be Lee Samson. Her name and personality are pretty unique xP

20. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope so too but I'm sure that other compa y will try to spread rumors and throw mud at them.