Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. luckyman89

luckyman89 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for your efforts! Much appreciated :)

2. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The annoying thing was that it was 38 separate images that then needed to be individually selected and translated. Google Translate isn't aimed at this use case and that makes it quite annoying to use.

Plus, I normally reference other translations also for parts that are too confusing on just Google Translate. And that would be even more of a hassle if I was dealing with images.

3. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine, if it's too stressful to do don't worry about it. We already appreciate you translating ahead for us. Otherwise we'd have to suffer for a month just to catch up

4. jheno13

jheno13 Snub

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah just let godgrid give us teaser and just wait until it's more convenient for you to make a summary...

5. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    1219 (clarification)

Abelio's power is conceptually similar to Hurent's in that it's a kind of visualization. Through his painting, he defines the shape of the world around him.

So if he draws that Grid's 4 Fusion Sword was crushed - it's crushed.

And unlike Hurent, there's almost no delay in the use of his power. So even at his fastest, whatever Grid does can be immediately suppressed.

Of course, one reason that everything Grid does is being utterly suppressed is that all his stats have been suppressed down to 300. If he was at full power, it might not be as easy to just paint his best techniques out of existence.

In the end, Grid tries spear shot to distract Abelio as he tries to unleash the 300K Stealth Sword, but Abelio doesn't even need to see it to respond. He paints and suddenly Grid's arms and legs are held by chains, and he's unable to move.

But, he was never really expected to "win" - just make a good showing of himself. So he passes the third test.

---

In response to Grid's 300K Sword, Abelio says:

And Grid intuitively realizes that in there is a hint for how to increase his Level faster, now that he's in the 400s, and XP demands are too insane to allow leveling by grinding anymore.

Kinda like what Dante did with soldiers that had reached their level limits, Grid is going to need to grow in some fundamental way, so that his Level can grow faster.

On the plus side, I assume that means that reaching Level 500 won't be an absolute slog. I would not be surprised if Grid is at Level 500 within the next 100-150 chapters.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    Windowsea, aqua55 and Muteki Reader like this.
  6. Shatteredsun

Shatteredsun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically a case of fixing the mind and body so the exp requestments go back to normal or you earn more exp, seems very closely related to grid current transcendence too removing the flaws

LordKarsus likes this.
  7. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe grid needs to perfect his golden ratio in a way

His body was tempered through crafting, can't imagine there a better way of doing that for a blacksmith, especially since he gains stats from it, but he never really gained stats from training the sword

Maybe improve his basic attack techniques

And his mind supposedly reaches the absolute pinical when he focuses on crafting, as mentioned by the elves when he made the hero armor, maybe he a gotta make that more constant

Also id imagine the only limit of the painter is how fast they can paint, guess all the stats go into dex and agility and then some into int for magical effects

8. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont tell me Zibal will get legendary class :blobfearful:

9. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What define a legend is their feat and achievement. Unless zibal feat worth as legend or he inherited legend, then he won't become legend.

10. Yogi666

Yogi666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zibal will definitely get legendary class. His new class was growth one after all

JHI likes this.
  11. shou7

shou7 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So what ever happened with Marie? I don't recall there having been any consequences revealed apart from guards storming her palace and her son dying.

And is it fair to assume Huroi's chicken torture worked on the 6th red knight? Since Lauel did find out about his identity.

12. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Marie? And the torture doesn't mean anything when Grid ruins it's necessity by turning the empire from enemy into an ally

13. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That does sound like a hassle. You can continue reading it on Ridibook and then, if you want, you can read the next chapter on kakaopage if the cliffhanger warrants putting through all that labor, like you did for chapter 1219. In any case thank you for translating ahead, we all appreciate it. Though I wonder why RT uses ridibook instead of kakaopage? Wuxiaworld links ridibook as well for the raws. Admittedly, I know very little about the light novel translation business.

There are some isekai mangas where the mc has imagination or word magic which lets them to whatever they want. Usually, the author gives some restrictions to this power to somewhat balance it like mana cost, the number of words you can utter... This was the case with Berith as his power doesn't work on those who have significantly higher status than him (I think) and he can only use it once on an individual. Probably, a similar set of restrictions applies for Abelio. Grid already hints at one such restriction being the power of the droplets might have failed to completely stop his attacks if he was at full power. Otherwise, he could just draw non-stop meteors falling on his enemies. In addition, it presumably has limited effect on persons as he likely can't force Rebecca and Yatan to attack whoever he wants. He could be a great buffer as well tbh.

Empress Marie's end is not revealed. Presumably she was either killed or sent to the Abyss. I thought Grid might have wanted to acquire her to appease Asmophel and Singuled. On a deeper level, the meaning of that arc was moving on. After Juander sacrificed himself for his past sins and empire's future, two of Grid's knights Piaro and Kasim (thanks to Lord) moved on. Ditto for Benoit who moved on from the empire. If Marie ever became a diplomatic issue it would run counter to this theme. There are some consequences for empire's past actions as many minorities are still damaged. I.e. elves needed work on the part of Grid to ally with humans. Still, Marie is not one of those cases and if she is brought up in the story again, it will be contrary to the theme of moving on. The author might state her fate in a sentence or two in the future though and I hope he will. For Huroi all I can say is presumably but no with confidence.

LordKarsus likes this.
  14. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Berith's mask is crazy OP. If Grid wanted to he could transform into Oasis before he dies and cause Oasis to lose his class change quest. It could potentially break the quest system if it's passed around.

15. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link

Abelio says that Grid has already experienced what he needs to experience, his body has already been strengthened. What lies beyond is enlightenment.

Grid needs to not follow a path where the techniques he uses nearly destroy him themselves. He has to reflect and improve how he does things.

And... His biggest problem is perhaps the inner conflict created by Fighting Energy. He has a power that is worthy of myths but he himself is not at that level. Muller himself had developed his swordsmanship in a way that it helped him better balance and master his Fighting Energy but Grid just used it as a resource. And so it limited his growth.

But if Grid can achieve enlightenment and the right balance... Just doing everyday things like crafting or fighting ordinary battles will help bring him new insights and help him grow in new ways.

Grid sees that thanks to the conversation with Abelio, the 4th Advancement's Enlightenment System has opened for him. Even though he's restricted from using it due to his Fighting Energy.

Abelio takes him to Vivan... Muller's teacher (and critic), who helped him develop the balance between Fighting Energy and Swordsmanship that helped him continue on his path of growth. In the past Grid had not truly seen or treated Vivan as a teacher, and hadn't discussed Fighting Energy with him, but now... With his quest completed and seeing Vivan in his element - standing fully confident...

16. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The enlightment system sounds really interesting, and it sounds like elite whay let's the players of the game truly diversify themselves from one another as everyone will choose a different path to grow, like in book eating magician

The fact that the fighting energy is holding him back is quite interesting and quite true. Ever since Grid became a great swordsman, he never really took the time to learn how to properly use differetn resources in combat
    There's mana, sword energy, fighting energy, but also basic aura which he never learned but Piaro could've taught him.

He doesn't even know if there is an energy related to the hammer, and even if he doesn't use hammers to fight, as a blacksmith he's more than qualified to learn. Hell, hammer energy could have multiple effects depending on what it's used for and maybe learning that could help him better define his own sword energy's characteristics

LordKarsus likes this.
  17. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kinda on the fence about this development. The thing is Grid gained enlightenment many times in his journey and none of them helped him with his experience acquisition. I.e. witnessing God's skills, making myth items, observing Hexetia's skills. They all helped him make better items but it would be weird if these developments had virtually no experience related effect before the 4th advancement. It would have made more sense for the current events to help Grid gain experience from grinding and developing his swordsmanship rather than both swordsmanship and blacksmithing. But he has to be able to gain blacksmithing skill comparable to a god at some point so I guess it's not all bad.

The fighting energy's effect on his development sounds interesting. But what it anyone other than Grid got it? For the transcendence system, you can say possessing a lower rated class helps you become a transcendent faster but what if Jishuka somehow acquired the hero king title? Not even being a legend would compound the detrimental effect of the fighting energy (I was originally going to say Zednos but fighting energy doesn't help the magicians all that much). After all, even if a legend is not at the level of the myths, a normal rated archer would be nowhere close. For someone who doesn't possess the hero king title, the usual lower rated classes gain faster enlightenment strategy should work but a non-pioneer hero king with a normal class would lack a way to gain such enlightenment for a long time. Grid, who has access to people like Braham, Mercedes and Piaro is just learning about this.

That said, the future developments can make this story twist a more enjoyable one. Grid becoming Biban's student definitely helps. It also makes little sense for most players to just casually surpass the potential of ordinary npcs without any development. In other words, there has to be an in game explanation of why the potential of regular npc soldiers is limited unless they break their limits. After all, they could in theory grind endlessly as well. The enlightenment and transcendence systems give us a convincing explanation. After fighting strong opponents and breaking his limits, Jude gained the enlightenment of the heart and if he continues on this path he might gain enlightenment of the body and maybe even mind too. I want to see the dumbest transcendent in history soon. Anyway, other than Biban's training, Grid might aim at becoming a myth too. Raising the rate of his class probably requires Biban's help but becoming a demigod might mean fighting energy wouldn't be as detrimental.

18. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Grid did gain enlightenment before, especially since it's literally an effect on the lightning swords, and he even self transcended on his first legendary item

But I don't think he ever gained full blown enlightenment related to combat, little hints of it here and there with people attacking in the middle of his breathing and evading while dancing, but never any new ideas related to his skills

In that sense I think kraguel is closer to a hint of enlightment on how to train his fighting than grid.

19. LordKarsus

Reading List:
    Link
    In this case, the Enlightenment system is a system that becomes available to users after level 400, by which they can gain a ton of extra experience while doing / perfecting things that they already do.

Maybe it should be considered akin to the Correction Effect of the system. The Yangban move with godly grace - which might be a hassle to do for a player... But not if the system auto-corrected your movement to always grant you that grace.

20. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm i like your vision i tought enlightment would be more of an repetitive training to make the player better on their ways for example

gird with sword by being better(gaining elightment on the ways of sword) the system would show him more ways to attack ( by attack lines) and once he master the sword the system woud show not ways but actally the best line that will give more critical chances and expoising weakness

in the case of the yangban more than making them walk like them i think the system would make an little correption that over time would make the player do it while not conscious of the action itself ( like little by little halping them thus ganing enlightment)

i dont really see the enlightment system as an x skill get better but like an small missions panel that give mor exp and bonus while you make the actions the correct way until the muscle memory do it by itself, you can ask 1000 black blets in any art if they think how they move and they will say " no i just practice it until it is done naturally)