Spoiler Suddenly Became A Princess One Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Uncopyright

Uncopyright Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I only saw the webtoon as raw... But did Spoon pull a Dr. Elise on us?
    The Athy that got transmigrated from Korea is also the same Athy from the novel lovely princess? And now this is her third life?!:hmm:

I signed up for fluff but now it is all about drama :notlikeblob:

2. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translator I followed said that it was that way from the beginning, this was all a plan OG!Lucas made just for Athy to have a good life with her father, that's why when Lucas smacks Claude with the branch, he remembers not just his memories from that TL but also from the Lovely Princess TL.

Leilacus likes this.
  3. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    .... The one that I've read before does not have that though, Lee Jihye being the Athy of the LP but it can be assumed if side story 4 is included because one Lucas of the parallel dimension was sent to Korea... Well anyway with how the webtoon is going.. the novel does not held much impact, Spoon is going in a different route, an unknown path :blobjoy:

4. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven’t seen the raw but if this is the direction that it’s going, I might bow out for good

WMMAP was my first webtoon and I liked the family centered premise because there is already a ton of romance out there. They are a dime a dozen. I wanted to have a webtoon that is different and offers a unique perspective from the mainstream. If you browse other threads with those tag, you could see people literally fighting their ships who is a ML for the MC. I like that in small doses but I usually drop them because the discussion is irritating. If this was true, I felt I was sold under a false premise. Sure, Spoon can do what she wants but going back I’m glad that I haven’t have the option to support.

Looks like my statement on handling my expectations is closer being thrown out of the window.

Huh. If you can relay my question or if anyone knows, how did orig!Athy met Lucas then?
    If can be a god to facilitate this, why not nip black haired guy before he even appeared with Alphaues?

It’s like creating more plot holes than tightening up the story.

5. Uncopyright

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm... In my opinion, Spoon is stuffing the plothole that Pluto had on the original novel such as Anastacius is the villain instead of Caraks (Lucas' sort-of stalker), Jeanette being the lonely kid and having her end living in a countryside with only Ezekiel as a companion without any happy family to be with her, Athy of LP being only tragic and did not even feel the family love she was supposed to have. . . so looking at the bright side if Spoon made Athy of LP, the same Athy that transmigrated over and Jeannette having her chance to know her father... It kinds of fulfill both of the girls' wishes during the first life (lovely princess timeline).

Well this is only my intake of what was happening even when I am complaining that it became more of drama than a fluff as of now.:blobpeek::blobpeek::blobpeek:

And I think OG! Athy (Athy of LP timeline) did not meet Lucas cause Lucas at that time only goes to Obelia to look for magical creature aka Blackie so that he can eat it and replenish his depleted mana so he never met her there but found Blackie so he did an eat and run without looking for the owner of Blackie.

6. MonBon992201

MonBon992201 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is something that I never got answered, and that it seems to be something only from the printed version(the translator had bought the printed and the webversion and was making kind of a merge to give a better insight of things happening) because no one that read the web novel seems to know about it. The translator only mentioned it but never gave something in detail bc it was going to be way too big of a spoiler and she wanted to translate everything so everyone was surprised(but her book got deleted and here I am with a bunch of unanswered questions)

^^^^ I also thought that bc if the Lucas from TL liked her or loved her he would've stopped her execution at the very least but she still died. It's most likely something from the printed version.

Also, one of the things I liked about the manhwa was that Anastacious was somehow still alive bc let's be real, Caracks(or whatever his name is) only makes a ruckus and stuff because he's a (kinda)fanboy of Lucas, a weirdo, to say the least, but with Ana here, there is more of a reason for him to be a villain... and I don't know how someone can f*ck up that badly a character :) So much potential just for him sitting around in the Alpheus mansion and playing the house with Jenny, in other words, being the BIGGEST OOC OF ALL TIME, I swear when I saw him with the gift he gave Jenny and saying he was gonna put a hex on her to control her completely, I was thrilled bc FINALLY something we all know he was capable of doing was happening... and then he takes it back without reason... and that really ticked me off (istg there better be a really REALLY good reason for him to act this way plot wise and not just to give Jennette an ending with a father that SHOULD BE AND DESERVES TO BE DEAD bc black magic[specificallu Jennys black magic] doesn't work that way)

7. MiserableSOUL

MiserableSOUL Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? Where did you get the idea that Lucas meet Athy in the first timeline? As the only reason he knew about it is due when they first meet and called her "interesting" due to her reincarnating.

The reason why Claude is cursed is due to the black magic he used around the time Athy was born and Diana died which he used to forget get her. Lucas' specifically states that it's due to Athy's magic special characteristic of turning back time. So when her magic exploded and Claude was stabilizing it, it turned back his magic to when he cursed himself with forgetting Diana and Athy.

That's why he gets headaches near Athy as it was her magic that brought the curse back, and the reason Jenny stabilizes it is due to her nature as she is filled with black magic which stabilizes Claude's curse.

Drivingthescrew and seabuckthorn like this.
  8. InTheEther

InTheEther Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, does current Anthy being the same soul as 1st timeline Anthy make that much difference to the plot? She *knew* all the 1st lifetime events anyway, even if she didn't remember them. This seems like a bone thrown to those who felt sorry for the original character who never got any justice, but I don't think it would really force anything else to change.
    I also don't think Lucas had anything to do with the reincarnations either. The short flashback panel from the latest chapter is an exact rip of a panel in chapter 17 when they first met, aka in this lifetime. Basically just showing that he knew from the beginning that there was something up with her.

Now I'm extrapolating, but I don't think they're abandoning the Lucas/Anthy ship. I can see why, after months dealing with the Claude issues, her first instinct on seeing Lucas again would be 'finally, the one person I know who is ridiculously powerful and knowledgeable in magic is back', rather than 'Oh my dear friend/love interest, who glad I am to see you'. And even in that scene Lucas seems flustered about being that close to her and in that position (basically easy kissing distance). I also think showing that flashback of him saying that things would be fun might be there to contrast his current mindset. Back then, he was totally willing to kill her and just let her live on a whim since he thought he'd get a good show out of it. Now he cares about her and isn't happy that the 'show' he got is hurting her.

On Anastacius, is it possible Jeanine's magic is working on him as well? It's already been spoiled and all but outright stated in the manwha that she unconsciously uses charm magic. Anastacius approached her with ulterior motives, but she doesn't know that. As far as she knows he's just a really nice gentleman who has been supportive of her and whome she's been able to confide in. She's also noticed that he looks a lot like Claude, so her hopes on that front may be getting mixed up in her feelings towards him. It's clear she's a lot closer to him than Mr. White. Her seeing him as a kind of uncle figure (oh the irony) could be causing her magic to have a similar effect on him as it did Claude in the original timeline. It definitely doesn't absolve him of anything, but could explain why the super evil dude is now finding a couple of scruples.

9. BlueBubble__

BlueBubble__ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the real question is "how did Athy do that??". In the novel, where Lucas and Athy never met and he ate Blackie, Athy's powers were not complete since the whole part that was inside of Blackie disappeard. In chapter 70 Lucas said Athy's magic is a strange one and she was the one who put Claude's mind back in time, hinting that maybe she has the power to reverse the course of time. Which means she was Athy, went to Korea (What was the reason for that?) and then came back as Athy again. There was a theory on wattpad (this one too sold as the original novel) where Jenette after Claude's death in Lovely Princess used black magic to reverse time and save Athy and Claude's lives. But If our!Athy, as Lucas said, really has the power to do that, how come she did it only after being in Korea? Was it really Jenette (I doubt, but who knows)? And above all, why did it seem like her magic circle was made of black magic?.

I mean, if he really was that smart or evil he wouldn't be swept by a single Jenette's dumb smile. I suppose he is not only you average villain, but also he will be used as a stepping stone for Jenette's character to improve but this would be a waste. That is is Plutus/Spoon aren't planning a bigger role for him.

Now what gives me headache is: then who will be the one returning Claude his memory since the branch was never once mentioned in chapter 70?

Akiyuki_chan likes this.
  10. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I read the latest chap. which makes me more itchy to see another release.

If I am Spoon (I'm not and therefore speculating,), here's how I could explain it.

Athy in Lovely Princess died. Her soul was so full of anguish and hurt but there is still hope in her heart that she could have a life without her original world. She wants a second chance but the reality is she's not gonna have it here. She doesn't why her father hates her and why Jeanette was favored. It's like anyone who had hoped for a better life when they are living but cannot since they are facing death in their time. Maybe, she also hates the people since nobody was ever kind to her except Lily.
    Athy in Korea world has an empty life. It's like Athy in Lovely Princess but she has no attachment in the world. She might be depressed or borderline suicidal. She is alive but not living. I could write that she wants another life (without realizing that this one is her 2nd life). Maybe at this time, she has still had some form of magic and since this world doesn't have one, it went inward and it fulfilled her wish to have something else.
    Enter now!Athy. All she knows is what happened in her previous life (athy in Korea). She also knows what happened in the Lovely Princess. She's doing it all over again except she has knowledge and planning in her arsenal. However, she is still inadequate in magic. But, we're given a hint that while Claude's use of black magic has an explanation, her curse still is still to be explained. So, this might have been playing part. Or maybe, she unconsciously used balck magic and Lucas ditching for the World Tree didnt give her enough time to learn. and she herself forgot to mention it.

TLDR - She has magic in her three lives, but she seldom gained an understanding of it. Maybe she used it in some from or her magic doing something she couldn't control. The material says she has a ton of magic but she's hardly trained nor knowledgeable.

It's Friday and I'm supposed to be working....

11. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 70 is disappointing. Athy was screaming like a fishwife and treating Lucas like he's her servant. Don't even mention romance, they don't even seem like friends.

Akiyuki_chan and Darcy like this.
  12. Otakufujo

Otakufujo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The recent chapter got me shook

13. Otakufujo

Otakufujo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didnt except our original athy to reincarnaded as her self again

14. FortuneS

FortuneS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's understandable for athy to act that way, just imagine your dad near the gate of death because saving you and you don't have any idea what to do. She's freaking out, thus when she met Lucas for the first time after so long, He's seems like a one and only hope for her to cure her dad. I feel satisfied with recent chapter rather than the novel, because in manhwa it's kinda fill all the 'lack plot' in novel I must say.

MiserableSOUL likes this.
  15. jina2789

jina2789 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Demnnnn itbis really different from the novel, imma get some heart attack waiting for the next, geez, can it get any complicated.
    I just want ma AthyxClaude daughter and father moment

Cessa and Pearl1995 like this.
  16. jina2789

jina2789 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does it mean that Athanasia in LP is reincarnated in korea? Aftr she died reincarnated as Athy in WMMAP?

17. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

IDK, for me it just showed that Manwha!Athy really grew up spoiled. Or maybe because they changed a lot of scenes in the manwha that Athy remained 'freaking out' thus having that reaction reasonable.

Novel!Athy was more independent and more mature(?). At least she's awake enough to know that while she pities Janette, she also has a lot going on to care and that their existence endangers each other. Also, Novel!Athy and Claude have a couple of months getting along before Lucas went back. They talked about their situation, their stance, their relationship, and understand that they might be like that forever but still concluded that it doesn't change the fact they are family.

Sometimes I'm envious towards pure manwha readers. You know when your favorite manga got animation but ending got changed? (I'm looking at akame ga kill and tokyo ghoul for those who could relate). Yeah that, pure manwha readers won't feel that.

M30WWWW, yuriezzz, Hakwifey7 and 7 others like this.
  18. readerz

readerz Madam Jin

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't need to imagine it because I've experienced having a parent on the verge of dying. I didn't start screaming and raging like a fishwife... it's called being mature. In my experience in the ICU and such, most people do not freak out. Athy has had ... what? Not one but three lifetimes but she still acts like a 10-year-old?

Yeah, you'd think manhwa!Athy wouldn't be so childish since she's actually older than the novel version but I guess age really doesn't equal maturity and for three lifetimes she remains just a child. If you think about it:
    1. first lifetime: around 16 years
    2. second lifetime: seems at least adult in the flashback, I'd say around 16-20 years
    3. third lifetime: in manhwa she's 16
    In total, she's lived for 48 years minimum! Whoa! :hmm: Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan but this chapter is annoying. I am happy Lucas is back, though. Anyway, I hope the next chapter is better.

19. BlueBubble__

BlueBubble__ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope things are better now. Anyway, I think it all depends on what type of person you are. When I heard I lost a friend of mine due to an accident I literally freaked out. I was not a child (19 y.o.) but I couldn't bear that much pain so I couldn't act composed. That's why I don't feel like condemning Athy's behaviour. But yeah, I suppose it was kind of OOC in some ways, especially for us who read the novel and we were expecting a totally different reaction.

This is maybe what pissed me off the most during these 22 chapters of memory loss arc. I don't get why Athy felt the need to be near Jenette despite knowing that she is a threat, nor I understand why she allowed her to be so near the palace and Claude. She went full dumb from the moment she allowed Jenette to be near her. Not very smart for a person who supposedly lived more than 40 years. I get that it was the stepping stone to introduce Jenette's character, but they just swept Athy's maturity (that she displayed for the first 20-30 chapters) under the rug.

Above all I'm not THAT displeased with chapter 70. More about I'm worried because I don't know how they plan to play out this time travel through Obelia-Korea-Obelia. I have this ominous feeling that either Jenette or black magic (or both) will have a central role. Which would make me highly displeased

20. KohaneAoi

KohaneAoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait ... what I mean by what i said about her reaction before towered lucas was cold not in friend way to welcome...about that in the manhwa u said her reaction should be freak out yeah that's if she know that claude will die.... but here before lucas back and check on her dad she just thought that he just lost memory and lucas himself said that after he checked her dad: "u told me that he just only lost memory but why he is dying " that's what lucas told her later after he checked on her dad that he is close from death .... that's why i thought her reaction was odds I mean she already know that her dad lost his memory from a long time and it's not something happened recently so that she freak out... at least better for her to say I'm glad you back safe then asking him a lot of things happened and idk what to do anymore or something like that then she can start to explain... not shower him with questions with mad face like why he is late and fix her dad lol :blobsweat:.... in novel her reaction was more way better ... well thought things start to change from novel about claude will die and not just lost memory which mean more drama ...I guess that author trying to conclude everything in one go about athey mana, claude and jennette and that black hair guy ... who knows :blob_tilt: