Recommendations Searching for similar novels like Way of the Devil, Carefree Dream Path and Mystical Journey

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Meap, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The title describes the novel I am searching for.

Specific would be someone transmigrating through different worlds and then powering up in these worlds.

Suggestions are always welcome. Perhaps something similar to Grand Lich as well? It is similar, transporting from world to world, yet at a slower pace.

Thanking for your suggestions in the advance.

Zimary likes this.
  2. Dgsmasta

Dgsmasta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zimary likes this.
  3. Zimary

Zimary Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Death Mage Who Doesn’t Want a Fourth Time has the main character reincarnating from Earth with his class only to get screwed over by a apathetically incompetent and uncaring god leading to a horrific life and death before being reincarnated again in a third world - with the god cursing him so he dies quickly and doesn't ruin his plan for the rest of the class. Unfortunately for the god, he survives and thrives, building his own empire and ascending to godhood.

4. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Already read WOTMW, though a great novel it has a couple of arcs that I don't like.

Overall one of the first novels I read. So a little bit of nostalgia factor :)

5. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting. I probably started this one in the past and then dropped it due to some forgotten memory.
    Going to skim through it once more.
    Thanks

Zimary likes this.
  6. RANTMAN

RANTMAN PRESENTATION!

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably because it’s Japanese, and majority of such novels on this site have an interesting description but are boring to read.

I don’t even get why Overlord is so highly rated.

Deleted member 89812 and Zimary like this.
  7. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Cleveravi

Cleveravi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean these might fit your suggestions?

Immortal Mortal - NU
    Immortal Mortal - Webnovel
    “Ha ha ha ha… Ruoyin! I finally extracted and refined this medicine. I succeeded!” Mo Wuji burst into laughter while holding a porcelain vase in a somewhat messy laboratory, as if in a state of complete fanaticism.

“Dang… ” A glass falls onto the ground, spilling tea everywhere. A beautiful woman wearing a cheongsam was standing in the doorway, blankly watching the crazy laughter of Mo Wuji for a while before saying with a trembling voice, “Wuji, you succeeded? You really succeeded?”

Mo Wuji saw the beautiful woman at the door and realised Ruoyin had come to serve him tea. Just like him, Ruoyin was so shocked and excited that she dropped the tea cup onto the ground.

“Ruoyin, there is absolutely no error this time round. I’ve just tasted half a bottle and I can clearly feel the solution is like a fire, burning and expanding in my veins. Currently, the solution is still opening up new channels but we succeeded.”

Mo Wuji, holding the porcelain vase, walked excitedly up to Ruoyin and grabbed her hands, “Ruoyin, it has been hard on you taking care of me all these years while I researched on this solution. Let us get married now, start a company that specializes in the production of this solution and I believe that our company will soon be sensational throughout the world.”

Ruoyin finally calms down but still spoke with a trembling voice. “Is this medicine good for prescription?”

Mo Wuji nodded, “Ruoyin, do not worry, I have all the information and data in my laptop. You can have a look…”

Having said that, Mo Wuji turned and approached his laptop.

At this moment, he suddenly felt something cold followed by an immense pain in his back. What he saw next was the tip of a knife in front of his chest, realising that someone stabbed him from the back, piercing straight through his heart.

The pain caused severe dizziness, and he could feel his strength fading away. Mo Wuji slowly turned around, looking hopelessly with his eyes wide open at Ruoyin, who was holding the knife, and muttered, “Ruoyin… Why? Why?”

He still could not believe that his lover for so many years was the one who stabbed him from the back; the woman he loved so dearly.

“I’m sorry, Wuji, I’m so sorry…” Xia Ruoyin’s hands were trembling and she started panicking. She murdered her lover for over a decade, her lover who loved her so dearly, with her own hands.

As two large teardrops rolled out from the corner of Mo Wuji’s eye, he felt his body getting colder. He slowly loses his consciousness, the radiance in his eyes began to scatter but he still refused to close his eyes, staring at Xia Ruoyin, “If you wanted the prescription, I would have just given it to you… Why? ”

Mo Wuji did not shed tears because he was dying and from what he could remember, he did not shed tears all his life. What hurts him the most today is not the physical wound on his back but the pain of betrayal in his heart.

Perhaps even Xia Ruoyin herself does not know how much she meant to him and that as long as she is willing, he will always be more than willing to die for her anytime. However, today, the woman he was willing to die for stabbed him from the back with her very own hands.

Maybe the question will remain unanswered for a long time, maybe he will die unsatisfied but his radiant eyes were finally shut, leaving two tears at the corner of his eyes.

“Pa ta…” Xia Ruoyin finally shed two drops of tears, falling and washing away the tears at the corner of Mo Wuji’s eyes.
    Here, only those with spiritual roots can cultivate while those with mortal roots are destined to stay mortal.

Mo Wuji only has mortal roots, but will he only remain as a mortal?

History's Number 1 Founder - NU
    History's Number 1 Founder - Webnovel
    He transmigrated and got a system but Lin Feng’s pressure is as big as a mountain.

System main quest: Lin Feng creates a school, establishing history’s number 1 sect, Lin Feng himself becoming the number 1 founder.

And so to become history’s number 1 founder Lin Feng started to work hard.

“Your name is Shi Tianhao? Natural born supreme king but it was stolen by your cousin. Now being raised in a little village your father placed you in? Come come come, come with master, we’ll let those people know that justice that is owed must be returned!”

“Your name is Xiao Yan? A genius in the past, now a loser. Your fiance even came over and humiliated you by breaking off the engagement? Come come come, come with master, we’ll let that brat know the meaning of don’t bully a youngster because he’s poor!”

“Your name is Zhu Yi? The bastard son of a marquis, suppressed by your father. Your mother was the previous saint but she was killed? Come come come, come with master, we’ll let your dad know the meaning of the world is big, fists are… no, reason is the biggest!”

Hope that this helps!

9. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  10. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
  11. MR.Klein

Reading List:
    Link
    Where do you read? I read in a readnovelfull and except few mistakes the translation is good

12. HappyHavak

HappyHavak The Laughing Sage

Reading List:
    Link
    Read it right on QI. And the people's names and names of techniques keep changing.

13. MR.Klein

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian sucks like even mtl is better than qidian nay copy the raws and Google translate it ,it will be better than qidian .Use other sites just search read light novels free and you will get a bunch of them which are good

14. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather true, the only good thing about Overlord is the overall world-building.

However as somehow the view changes from random character to random character I got fed up with it.

I mean I want to follow the journey of Momonga and not some random character.

RANTMAN likes this.
  15. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    armad224 likes this.
  16. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already read Immortal Mortal about 70%, yet at the end of the story I got disappointed. The author drops the whole thing about immortality and forced me to reconsider the journey of the protagonist.

Something about moral high ground and immortals not allowed to abuse their power.

In my Opinion:

The whole thing about cultivation is in order to gain more power to gain access to whatever you want.

The sexual transaction with either man or woman, gold, silver, freedom, land, power, authority and perhaps even self-indulgence.

And with power I mean any power:
    Beauty, the power to impose your will onto others, being able to decide your own fate, etc.

So Immortal Mortal is on a back burner until I feel bored enough to read the end.

17. Meap

Meap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, the thing where it gets good and then bad and then good once more.
    Being a Monk tank flesh ball is interesting. Yet there are a few arcs where everything seems to be dragged out.

Stuck at Chapter 528 and I don't want to continue reading at the moment.

MR.Klein likes this.
  18. Cleveravi

Cleveravi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about the other book? Just wondering.

19. MinaCheyo

MinaCheyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because Overlord is a great story?
    I can understand if some doesn't get the essence of the story.. but, even if it's not to your taste, doesn't mean it's bad though

20. MinaCheyo

MinaCheyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To write a good and stable world building especially as massive as Overlord world is proof of how great that is. World building is difficult.
    Story focused on one POV is so many already.
    Maruyama sensei also write an alternative story of Ainz journey in the new world without Nazarick. It's focused on how Ainz adventuring i as satori in the new world. Try read that, maybe you'll prefer it.

The story in Overlord not jumping from random character to another, they are the story of characters that will affect or be affected by Nazarick and Ainz. Because the world not only consists of Nazarick itself, and it is to also explain the reason why this and that happen, why they are doing that, also to make readers feel attachment. It's not just about the survival of the MC in isekai or the journey to become the strongest, or a revenge story.
    It is a story of world domination (although Ainz itself is the last one to realize), so of course there will be a lot of characters being introduced and many will be discarded.
    It's like how one piece and fairy tail is different.
    So it's not because Overlord is overrated, it is just not to your preferences.