Discussion What happen if human age like fantasy Elf?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by girisuherman, Apr 11, 2020.

?

Is dating with 100 year Elf legal?

1. Legal

12 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Nope, ilegal

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Wut?

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Sir this product is experied...

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. I just want see result

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. girisuherman

girisuherman ∆ Hiki Bear ∆

Reading List:
    Link
    This question is kinda hard... i mean in most novel Elf need 100 year to became adult, they society kinda stagnant and low population also ultra high pride, but for odd reason they most advance on magic tech than human in material tech (kinda odd for me:blobconfused:) also i remember about CN with Elfen sword that forged 200 year before mc grab finished stuff that basically just ultra sharp sword and human crafted wand with too much feature even mc forget to use same ability again in future chapter?(I think it was author plot:hmm:).

Anyway what did you think if human have same mentally but age like elf?

Edit: i think people kinda misunderstand my thread, its not age consent or legal age but biological growth (like you need 100 year to able have a child)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Martialegg likes this.
  2. Frozen ink

Frozen ink Legally had harem『Cathulu』Power of Love & Evil』

Reading List:
    Link
    putin would be president for much much longer

imK and Zeusomega like this.
  3. MrBugaw

MrBugaw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In general here's the rule I think is okay. One you're an adult, you get to decide who to date. Because you're an adult with your own free will and ideas on how to do things. It's up to you, no one else.
    If an 18 year old (100 year old elf) wants to date a 50 year old (1000+ year old elf) that's their decision. They are mature enough to decide to do that.
    If a 270 year old vampire wants to date a 14-16 year old? He can get stabbed with a stake and die.

prongsjiisan, imK and Fulminata like this.
  4. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason most likely elves need that long to become an adult is perception of time. The older you are, the more boring you find the world. And your brain begins to filter stuff out, thus you perceive time differently. This is why when you were a child, a day lasted forever but as you grew older it passes in an instant.

By their mentality growing slower, they find the world more interesting longer, thus can maintain their perception of the world longer.

As for why they tend to be so strong? Well for one, many times mana is based on some breathing technique, cultivation or etc. Just by living longer, you have access to more mana.

More interestingly is in reverse where 1 human year is like 30 years to a mouse. And 1 day is like an entire month.

As for things like dating, generally, that boils down to consent. The age of consent would be different for an elf than a human. Animals can't give consent because they are not capable of the thought of consent.

5. gumshoe

gumshoe Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this will perhaps disguste people, but i believe the whole reason for age of consent is because of safety concerns rather than a moral ideal. if a grown man had relations with a one year old baby it would die. same would happen if a ten year old girl tried to give birth. the moral code of being a certain age before you can engage with.......certain activates is because its far safer for both party and preservation of life

6. ReadOrDie

ReadOrDie already dead

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn’t matter, I’ll Just be 1000 year old Sage.

prongsjiisan and girisuherman like this.
  7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Love is blind
    - some sage.

Now if you bring boring ethics into this then even thinking of mating with different species is wrong, to both you and the other.

If humans aged more slowly. Most obvious things to see would be how generation is stretched, and a century would no longer be considered a milestone.

If we are the only major species with this elongated life span, then you can see us get slowly detached from nature, most us would get bored of the constant change in life's around them.

Society within us wouldn't be so heavily interdependent like now, there might be a association like a common ground among us. if we haven't already unlocked our ambitions of understanding the world, then I think we would either Excel in it so much that this reality's human advancement would just be a single entity's achievement, or we would never be enlightened to seek truth at all, this all depends on how nature affected our evolution to that spectrum.

if you bring our current society with that kind of lifespan, than there would be a lot of debate over population control( not like now), and we would need to urgently seek out sources elsewhere in space, or make more efficient use of our planet ( this would perhaps forces us into a grade 1 civilization by kardashev scale), any more impact would need more time researching.

imK and girisuherman like this.
  8. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    For a long lived species like elf, they mature much more slowly than humans. Both physically and mentally.
    Because of this, they perceive time very differently than us. Time is a plentiful resource for them after all.

Ideally, you just need to make the phase ratio in between human and elf average lifespan. Compare them according to the ratio.
    For example, if elf's average lifespan is 500 years old, while human is 70 years old. For humans, 18 years is the legal age.
    So, you make use of the 18/70 * 500 = 128.6 years.
    Of course, this is only mathematically and statistically speaking, but you could use that as a reference.

imo, I think elf would have a different type of marriage compared to human. This is because in most fantasy reference, elf has a very poor fertilization. Because of this characteristic, I think they should have more free sexual activities than to us humans.
    Because of that, I think they would already have sex even when they're still early teens (When they're able to conceive). It is around 90 - 100 years just like you say.

prongsjiisan and girisuherman like this.
  9. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason is because elf are more talented in handling mana and magic. It is harder for them to make a sword through blacksmithing.
    It is easier for them just to draw an alchemy magical circle and instantly created the item just by supplying it with mana.

On the other hand, human alchemist struggled to understand nature and mana by instinct. This results in a requirement of countless experiments from trial and error, since we're technically blind. We require a helping tool in exchange for our eyes and ears in detecting mana.
    That's why human society requires library and academy, while the elves only require natural habitat where there are a lot of mana or a supply of mana.

girisuherman likes this.
  10. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Laws regarding age of consent would shift based on how long it takes for children to become adults. It would still be the same thing just different numbers.
    Laws of the elves would also be integrated or referenced for when it is acceptable. At the end of it all just wait till they are adults ya damn pedos.

prongsjiisan likes this.
  11. xluferx

xluferx [The writer who writes for fun][Meme lord]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ibread that a human can only hold at most 300 years of knowledge before he/she goes bonkers

12. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    Is dating so-and-so legal, you asked?

Don't kids date in our society too? And they also have sex all the time…

13. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Adam is believed to have lived 900~1000 years, so if religiously and historically speaking, maybe humans lost the ability to live that long because of evolution, the result of many years of reproduction made humans who they are today, so maybe that is for the best that humans don't live that long :hmm::blobunsure:?

girisuherman likes this.
  14. akki

akki [Ani's C☕ffee-mate #3] [Shady Merchant]

Reading List:
    Link
    The earth will get overpopulated like crazy as the rate of new babies being born to people dying from old age becomes imbalanced~

15. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    I offer two words of wisdom, my child: Legal Loli

girisuherman likes this.
  16. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does that mean ppl will have adult bodies without the risk of having a child from premarital for a long time?
    Chance that you will see shota and loli with adult body making out here and there like monkeys trying their reproduction function and some lolicon/shotacon adult joining without the kids knowing. lewd society lv 99(heaven?)

Some ppl lost their virginity at 12, having longer age before they can make kids with adult body will make it even worse

girisuherman likes this.
  17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Impossible to maintain human common sense when you're experiencing time differently equivalent to multiple lifetimes in one elf lifetime. Time is a factor in our common lifestyle, and having to age like an elf will definitely change our perception of time, too. Maybe few habits will remain, but the rest will surely alienate you from the rest of average humans. They will age and die faster than you. You will live long enough to see change all around the world.

Think of the humans who became immortals or immortal-like races in their journey through life. Did any of them retain their common sense when they were still human? No, not one at all.

girisuherman likes this.
  18. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Nooooooo whyyyyyy this is torture for lolicon!

19. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Officer this bird right here. Gettem
    [​IMG]

20. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Age isn't the problem in this case, but the body. As long as the body is matured enough (ideally 19+) then fine. But if an elf's body has the maturity of a 9 year old, then her being 50 mentally doesn't excuse any pedos preying on her. If she's over 16, then it's her choice.

girisuherman likes this.