Discussion Post your City Situation here. (CoViD19 lockdown)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by prongsjiisan, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    how about this?
    [​IMG]

prongsjiisan and felidormit like this.
  2. Suranchan

Suranchan ♥‿♥♥‿♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, despite the declining daily cases in my State (just +3 cases overnight), our Premier decided to extend stage 3 'lockdown' by a month. Better to be careful than sorry, but still...

prongsjiisan likes this.
  3. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    @Fryz i heard something on the news about Japan banning international orders and stuff, is that affecting anything?

Meanwhile here in northeast USA where I live close to the middle of nowhere it’s just been a slow increase in social distancing measures. At first people shopped like normal, but now they limit the number of customers in the store and in places like Home Depot the card readers are all placed on separate tables while the cashiers stand far behind their registers. (Of course you can still self checkout.) A bunch of stores with two doors have closed one off and used their remaining one as the exit/enter entrance, with tape on the floor directing the crowd to go in one way and out the other.

It used to be only the elderly wore masks, but now younger people do too. I couldn’t go one aisle in that same Home Depot without seeing someone with a face mask on. Funnily enough none of the staff bothered.

Lots of takeout options from restaurants, people staying at home. Yesterday the local fire department drove through our neighborhood with the Easter Bunny on top of a fire truck, I guess to say hi. They were blaring so many sirens though that I thought it was an emergency or something, hahaha.

imK, Fryz and prongsjiisan like this.
  4. Jden

Jden Well-known Dorse

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, just like most people we're allowed to go out only in pairs to gather essentials. Most supermarkets, pharmacies etc... has hand sanitizers and every one lines up at a distance between each other. The only odd thing is that i see a few certain ethnic groups that don't wear masks or gloves. Perhaps it's a cultural thing I'm not sure or maybe a coincidence.

imK and prongsjiisan like this.
  5. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Today is the third day Soft lockdown on Jakarta. some people still going to traditional market to buy Groceries, The interesting thing is almost everyone wears masker. some of them use diy mask. wich is interesting

Coffea to Ell, imK and Fryz like this.
  6. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m making my own mask because the damn market doesn’t have them. I’m ordering filter to insert between the layer—better to be safer than sorry.

My town is rather soft on the lockdown, but the big city two hours away is quite strict is fining people

prongsjiisan and imK like this.
  7. BebiBear

BebiBear Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly our hospitals aren't as large enough to support the sudden influx and its so crowded that many of the patients got infected within the hospital itself. This is why they warned not to come unless its severely need and the high risk of getting infected is outweighed by the risk of immediately dying. These are sad times..

8. Fryz

Fryz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm, I haven't feel any significant price increase for goods in Amazon, yet. Only 10% increases maximum on certain goods that I saw.

I think only international air mail is banned (for now). Cargo ships are still allowed. So there are no problems for those Amazon sellers to restock their goods.

imK, Ruyi and prongsjiisan like this.
  9. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfearful: I just found out the groceries around my house are closed on Sunday or either closed early. Like seriously. Most smaller stores are closed already, yet the road is yet a ghost. Wow.

Then, I was at Safeway—they have staff patrolling telling people to only go one way in the isles as indicated on the floor.People r showing stores closing off stuff—telling people what they can and can’t buy. At Walmart, they have line carts outside telling people to line up 6 feet apart.

:sweating_profusely:yah think an invasion is happening??

prongsjiisan and Femme Fatale like this.
  10. Femme Fatale

Femme Fatale | Sublime Goddess Of Chance |

Reading List:
    Link
    They have people outside of shops here too....they only let so many in AND they only allow one person per vehicle to line up and go into the shop. *SMH*

11. cap.toon

Reading List:
    Link
    An invasion is happening :blobflag:

prongsjiisan and Femme Fatale like this.
  12. Nurman

Nurman ( ಠ∩ಠ) [Retired Ton]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm a bit late to the party but over the past two weeks I've had the pleasure of helping the DHHS in one of the many hotels in Melbourne, Aus. Honestly I'm pretty thankful I still got a job, a few of my friends are either working from home or stuck using up their annual leave or are relying on government for support.

These past two weeks have been a real eye opener, I've learnt to appreciate the nurses and health officers who are at the forefront of this mess a lot more. The self-isolated people should cut them more slack, they're already understaffed and to be further abused and ridiculed even though the staff are risking exposure by assisting them is bullshit. The toxic behaviour is uncalled for, sure the people under isolation are under stress and are worried about themselves but the staff have to take care of the whole hotel.

Back from my tangent, people returning from overseas or traveling to Australia are expected to go into a government enforced self-isolation or face the consequences of a $1000+ (AUD) fine and possibly jailtime. Overseas visitors are directed to hotels, which have been regulated by the government, for their 14 days of self-isolation (which is covered by the government with three meals included per day, additional food will come from their own pockets but pretty much everything else is free such as wifi, movies, newspapers/magazines).

People in the clear are released after 14 days and people tested positive are monitored. It's business as usual if they recover and if it gets worse then straight to the hospital they go.

Blitz, imK, Snowbun and 1 other person like this.
  13. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Other satelite city around Jakarta start to impose soft lockdown. Strangely road is getting crowded day by day. Now people use mask everywhere.

imK, felidormit and Femme Fatale like this.
  14. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    New Zealand, day 21 level 4 lockdown.

Probable cases: 308
    Active cases: 341
    Recovered: 728
    Confirmed cases: 1078
    Deaths: 9
    Total: 1386

Our leaders are telling us to be prepared for a alert shift from level 4 down to level 3. No specifics on what will be allowed, but it looks like we might have a little breathing space soon. It's looking like the majority of the deaths we've had came from the elderly residents of an unlucky nursing home infected by covid-19. We're likely to be downgrading to level 3 either next week or the week after at the latest. Looking forward to it since I miss my habitual night walks.

felidormit and Femme Fatale like this.
  15. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah...that home was a psychogeriatric unit....so, elderly people with late stage dementia. Those poor souls, it would have been near impossible to stop them from giving each other or their caregivers corvid 19. :(

felidormit and imK like this.
  16. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    It sucked man. I was watching it and thinking "They're old. They should get to live the rest of their lives peacefully and die painlessly in their sleep".
    :notlikeblob:

Femme Fatale likes this.
  17. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm avoiding news as much as possible. There is nothing there that gives me any peace. NZ is not so bad compared to US though. That news is seriously concerning.

On lighter news, school restarts today. ^.^ From home. ^.^ My daughter is not impressed. ^.^

felidormit and imK like this.
  18. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    LMAO what a gyp. Stuck at home and still has to do school work.
    Crossing my fingers for the US. Got a lot of friends and some family there. Sounds and looks terrible. Hopefully they can wrestle the numbers down asap.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  19. Femme Fatale

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup...and she already isn't feeling well. *ROLLS HER EYES* It's like Monday morning only I can't send her off to school. The harridan is here with me. >_>

imK likes this.
  20. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh noes! Hope our lovely girl feels a bit better soon.

Lol it's almost midday and my neighbour was scratching on the walls a few minutes ago because they're displeased by the sounds of me typing. I responded by playing the tiktok ferret dance song. I really like that ferret. The song is nostalgic and reminds me of Sonic the Hedgehog quality osts.

Femme Fatale likes this.