LCD Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! (LN)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by ElefantVerd, Apr 13, 2020.

1. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Hachinan tte, Sore wa Nai Deshou! (LN)

[​IMG]

Description
    Ichinomiya Shingo, a young 25 years old, single, worker of firm company while thinking of tomorrow’s busy working day goes to sleep. However, the moment he woke up, it was inside a room unknown to him.​

He then learned that he took over the mind of a 6 years-old child, remembering a lot from the memories of the said boy: he was born as the youngest (8th son and 10th child) in a of poor noble family living in back country. Having no administrative skill, he can’t do anything to manage the vast land his family has.

Fortunately, he is blessed with the very rare talent of magic. Unfortunately, while it could bring prosperity to his family, in his situation it only led to a disaster. Yes, this is the story of the boy, Wendelin Von Benno Baumeister, opening his own path in a harsh world.

2. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    First!

3. Sami11

Sami11 [Level 99 Duck]

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler button isn't working for me, so spoiler warning
    I havent read in a while, has the part where the MC sleeps with Amelie so that she could train him to have sex been reached yet?

4. b_leo0822

b_leo0822 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the first chapter of volume 10 the translator leaves a note saying that he will stop translating the Webnovel and switch over to the light novel well the inconsistencies between the two were still small. As far as I know he has no intention of translating light novel volumes 1 to 9

5. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    In the current chapter he is already married with 5 girls (Elise, Ina, Luise, Wilma and Katherine), have an underage fiancé (Philinne? Cant remember the name) and Amelie is currently his "official" concubine/extra-marital affair. To the point she became head maid in his mansion, so it's official.

And there's Theresa, slowly boiling.

And in the last chapter another harem candidate appeared, the twin saber girl.

Until now, none got pregnant.

Kysoneca likes this.
  6. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Time for rereading

ElefantVerd likes this.
  8. DeirdreH

DeirdreH Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the most unbelievable part about this novel. Statistically he ought to have several kids by now.

9. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, during their stay in the Empire, the girls used contraceptive magic because the particulars of that time. Now they need to restart the bed rotation.

I think if he dedicates one night to one girl, five days a week, plus one for the concumbine (that won't get pregnant, or should not get), and one for his right hand, there are good chances he won't impregnate any of the girls.

If it were me, I would not take risks, and "do" all girls every night. And "night" would be from 6PMh to 6AM. Giving ~1h for each girl, I would still have 7h of sleeping time.

Lucky b*stard.

[​IMG]
    The first from the left is Erw's fiancée, Haruka. Then we have Ina, Philine, Katharina, two stupid guys, Elise, Wilma and Luise. Except for Philine, the others are waifus, Philine is 10 years old, so no marriage for her for now. Image from Vol11Ch5.

DeirdreH likes this.
  10. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    Magical contraception is the worst feature of these fantasy-themed novels.

Authors create settings with extremely high mortality rates - villagers being attacked by monsters, adventurers dying in dungeons, wars, etc.

In settings like this the populations would collapse within a generation unless the women were popping out kids as fast as biologically possible, and yet the authors will include in the women in the settings having jobs other than being mothers.

I've never seen an author address how pretty much every novel in this genre features extinction level birth-to-death ratios as if it were somehow normal or sustainable.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  11. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    You don't wanna lose part of your fighting power because they were knocked up...

On the other side, you have a lot of peasants to get your next generation of cannon fodder.

But you have a point.

Most doesn't even explain how a population enclosed in a walled city inside a danger zone can get food.

Gin_Hindew likes this.
  12. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The mages themselves that can cast that kind of magic, reliably, continuously, are rare. It's just Wend's harem that has a high concentration of them. I imagine the poor people have the birthrates you're hoping for.

13. DeirdreH

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course. Authors include women in the fighting power because it make it easier to sell their product to modern audiences who don't even realize that, even setting aside the inclusion of magic, it's utterly impossible for the kinds of worlds they portray to exist.

This author actually does better than most in that he portrays magic ability as being non-hereditary (which is the only conceivable explanation for why magical ability would exist in a population for more than a generation or two if women went onto the front lines and into dungeons)... right up until he breaks that rule with the MC and suddenly now his setting doesn't work any more.

ElefantVerd likes this.
  14. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry, the magic in question appears to be a magical.... potion. Not a spell nor a tool, but a magical potion.

If I was the author, the magic would be in the form of a magical tattoo, imprinting a kind of curse on the body.

15. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Part 5 - author-sensei loves to poke at feminists, ecologists, animal right groups, and so on. I sense a big grudge from him.

16. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Another member for the harem...

17. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. Predicted Katia would turn out to be a daughter of Eulenburg and be dumped on Wend when she first showed up. They claim noble interference. I think Roderic told her as a means to increase Wend's party strength. Butler plots deep.

18. ElefantVerd

Reading List:
    Link
    Wend will plow deeper. I mean, plot.

19. Mastine

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps there will be a plot subversion.
    Katia:Introduce me to a man.
    Wend: My butler is single.

20. Mastine

Reading List:
    Link
    The tournament arc begins. Katia vs the world, with restrictions.
    Still think she'll end up with Roderich, but I think he doesn't qualify as a noble.

ElefantVerd likes this.