Spoiler My Fantastic Chef Wife

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shivani, Dec 19, 2019.

1. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, when MC opened up their restaurant in the city later, she kept trying to teach the little sister how to cook. Her mind wasn't into it though. The only reason why she asked to be taught management and accounting was so that she could be at the front desk and serve the customers instead. This wasn't really due to laziness, but because WHO like to frequent the restaurant. MC and mother-in-law sometimes find her away from the front desk making long small talk with said "special customer."

She eventually found out that the scholar was crushing on MC and was jealous and somewhat resentful, but it was never to the level where she was harboring malicious thoughts and scheming terrible things. I don't think we have to worry about that? Maybe? From what I've read, scholar Wong was deeply in love with his new wife anyway. Anyway, the little sister voiced her discontent and said something along the line of "what is so good about MC anyway?" blah blah blah, to which her mother told her to know her place. She told her that the good life that they were living right now was due to MC, and without her they would still be living a miserable life back in the village.

About scholar Wong (OK, I know nobody's asking, but humor me). After several failed attempt to court and woo MC, the clock to scholar Wong's bachelordoom finally ran out. His family made had arranged for a marriage with a noble girl, and it wasn't something that he could easily refuse. He went to MC's restaurant telling MC about his situation, hoping that he would get a reaction out of MC. I think he was trying to gauge whether the MC has any feelings no matter how little towards him, and if she did, perhaps he still got a chance. He was utterly crushed by MC's complete perfunctory response. It was implied that after getting married, he pretty much engaged in hedonistic pleasures with his wife and neglected his studies. He really wasn't mentioned much from then onward. The only time he got mentioned was when the writer's doing a story about the little sister.

2. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Found a site with raws up to chapter 194, but currently can't post the link due to forum rules. A lot of things have happened since chapter 171. Ye xiaoxian and co (minus little sister) along with the Liu family fled the Qishan county because it was being invaded by foreign forces. Scholar Wong's family refused to flee and paid the ultimate price. The little sister survived unscathed though and is now reunited with Xiao Baoshan.

Edit: it's on a site called mtlnovel dot com. Should be pretty easy to find via google. Cheers!

aiyaohyo, couchpotato1929 and Mandyj like this.
  3. Aska.has.ORD...

Aska.has.ORD... Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Progress: chapter 276
    Note: spoilers ahead
    Hmmm. I just want to say that normally I dont delete novels I booked in my library but I had to for this one.

Reading from chapter 240 - 276 really broke my heart.
    There is cheating folks. Even tho they are not married- since he divorced her (to keep her safe from his pursuers) but dammit! ML having s*x with another female not the the FL is soo not my cup of tea - even tho he was so drunk. I regret reading this now. Regret it till my liver turned green.!!!!

The author is so good in finding conflicts for both MCs. There isnt very good character development in most characters even. Female MC is so indecisive in love relationship matters (for fiction novels) Ugggh! Im so mad. Mad. Mad. Mad!!!!! I've never disliked an author before but I do now!

I protest the doting love interest tag!!!!!! I might be true for reality but not in fiction!!!!

recommendation: If you are looking for something to hurt yourself read this. It will start aweful- then unreasonable- then slap you with a cheating tag!!!

Nelua, keima, Varsha0907 and 2 others like this.
  4. Aska.has.ORD...

Reading List:
    Link
    Cheating is on chapter 245. male lead admitting it is in c266. other party admitting it is in ch273.
    Please dont ask me for spoilers now. Im still heartbroken i'm having trouble breathing.

Varsha0907 and aiyaohyo like this.
  5. aiyaohyo

aiyaohyo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I don't really read stories with male protagonists. I know there are stories with female protagonists that have relations with more than one male character but often times they don't sleep around unless that's their character setting. I find more often in stories with male protagonists that they have more than one love and all surviving female next to the male lead are okay with sharing. Not my cup of tea.

Aska.has.ORD... likes this.
  6. Iesheta

Iesheta Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aaahhhh... now my mind keeps on thinking how it ended after ch 245... i need somebody to spoil it with some details to keep my mind sane. How did the mc react ?how was the aftermath? is it HE?( well not for me now...) or provide a raw link thats free...

Mandyj and couchpotato1929 like this.
  7. couchpotato1929

couchpotato1929 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i want to know the MC s reaction too
    that s like death flag literally

8. KIMMY B

KIMMY B Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was so looking forward to reading this but a ML that cheats HELL NO whether it fiction or not I am not taking it poor MC.

9. chamchaworld

chamchaworld Lazy Chibi

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you feel better now? Can you spoil us on MC's reaction? Cheating ML is a big no for me so I plan to remove this novel from my reading list.

Kirara Reiya likes this.
  10. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't give up. It is later implied that nothing happened. baoshan got drunk, and the girl made him think that they had sex. I LOLed at this revelation. Didn't this exact trope just happened earlier with Baoshan's sister and the scholar? The girl you're talking about eventually become friends with MC later on.

Anyway, the raws is up to chap 340 now. Apparently MC is the illicit daughter between the "national teacher" (that's what the MTL call him, imperial tutor, perhaps?) and the queen dowager. Dad is a real asshole and despite knowing MC is his lost daughter, continues to use her as a disposable pawn. Mom is also a monster, but yearns for her long missing daughter. Originally thought MC was her daughter since she looks similar to her, but got convinced that she wasn't by the imperial tutor. He doesn't want her alive because he deems her a liability.

The queen dowager had MC taken hostage to serve her out of jealousy because she thinks imperial tutor kept MC because MC reminds him of a younger version of the queen dowager. That wasn't really the case. She was kept alive to keep Baoshan on leash. Queen dowager keeps finding trouble for MC and eventually had her flogged for talking back. Just as the MC lie dying on her bed, and when the queen dowager was pondering to cut MC's arm back to Baoshan just to see how terrible Baoshan's might look, she accidentally saw the birthmark on MC's back. That's when she realized MC is her daughter. Dun dun dun.

Please excuse the grammar. Was typing on a phone.

Last edited: May 20, 2020
  11. couchpotato1929

Reading List:
    Link
    that s an ass of a mother :mad:
    but what is Baoshan s status ??? why do they need to keep him in check??

12. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    At the start of the novel, Baoshan is a military general that's renowned for his martial prowess. He was schemed during a military campaign and ended up as the sole survivor. The prince he accompanied during the campaign died during an ambush, I think? and since everybody probably thought he was somehow responsible for the total failure of this campaign, he thought maybe he'd just life in peace with his family. He felt guilty leaving his mother and two siblings alone in the village for many years. Anyway, the imperial court needed his help to push back a military invasion at the border, that's why they had MC held hostage.

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  13. couchpotato1929

Reading List:
    Link
    oooooo
    so in short they want to kill him but still need him 'cause they re a bunch of incopetent assholes (n)

14. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy moly... what a development! The capital got invaded by the rebel army (unrelated to Xiao Baoshan and co, although he was once forced to assist the rebel general to repel the invasion at the border), The Emperor fled, but the Imperial Tutor never got the chance and was killed during the invasion. Empress Dowager killed herself soon thereafter. I feel kinda bad reading this, despite all terrible things she did to MC, she did try to repent and eventually helped MC & Baoshan escape the capital. Had she not helped them escape, Baoshan would still be at the capital and would most likely be able to deal with the rebel army. MC got pregnant soon after returning to the Tiangshan tribe (they live there after they were forced to leave their county.) Originally MC wasn't able to conceive due to all the terrible hardships she endured before she was "adopted" by her mother-in-law, but the Empress Dowager invited the imperial physician and somehow had her cured. She then gave birth to a healthy baby boy who was doted greatly by the couple & mother in law. This all happened within... 1 chapter (366, if you're curious)

My gut feeling tells me that we're nearing the end of the story. Right now MC and the Xiao family are under the protection of the 6th and 7th princes. Aside from Baoshan, they have another general called Qian Qi who is loyal to the princes. My memory is a bit hazy, but I do seem to recall that before MC got kidnapped to the capital, MC helped generate a lot of trade business in the tribe, which in turn helped the county where 6th and 7th princes are now in. They have been slowly building their power and it is implied that they will soon took action to quell the rebellion.

I think I now have enough posts that I could post links. If you guys want to check the raws, as mentioned above, you can find it at www.mtlnovel.com. Another source that I like to use is this: https://www.shuhaige.com/110389/ This site is AFAIK updated daily. A word of precaution though, if you plan on MTLing it via phone, be aware that shuhaige has ad banners that range from PG13 to absolutely NSFW.

JoshyM62 and couchpotato1929 like this.
  15. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OK, I don't know if any of you guys have been reading the raws up to the latest chapter, but I gotta vent. If there's one thing that annoys me about this author, it's that she has this habit of creating a conflict out of nothing just because. I'd imagine she felt maybe the story is going a bit slow and needed something to spice things up. The pacing can sometimes be out of wack. For example, in chapter 367 she already gave birth to a second child and suddenly 5 years have passed. Between 368-373, the rebellion had been squashed and a new Emperor has taken the throne (this is the seventh prince, Li Chengru, who has a good relationship both MC and Xiao Baoshan. He initially hated Baoshan cuz he thought Baoshan schemed to have the 4th prince killed. Was also one of the guy who crushed on MC.)

Anyway, get this... a couple of chapters later Baoshan and MC got sent to the northern border again (this is the same location Baoshan got sent to help Yan Ziyan, who started as a Robin Hood figure, who later got drunk on power and rebelled. The very same guy who later invaded and took over the capital) because there's nobody capable stationed there. There are a lot of poor people there so Baoshan and MC proactively helped out the citizens and reclaim a lot of lands from 4 big landowner families who treat their tenant farmers as slaves.OK, cool, so you'd guess this would be a good time for the author to maybe flesh out MC flexing her modern business knowledge or whatever to help the locals like she did before. Nope, immediately MC got kidnapped by spies from the northern country for being stupid, and in the next chapter... Baoshan got lied to by the enemy general who ordered the kidnapping. He told Baoshan that he ordered men to gangrape MC, torture her, and killed her, which of course didn't happen. If we're going to go through an arc where Baoshan ended up being a broken drunk because of this lie, I'm going to bang my head against the desk.

Again, I really hate this about the author. It doesn't seem like the author has everything planned out in the beginning. It just looks like she's just writing as things as she go along. There's a moment that I thought she's going to wrap things up. I mean, really, she tied a lot of loose ends with Li Hongmei, Baozhu, Baofeng, the Emperor, and the Xiao brothers & their wives. Suddenly we're off to a new arc? I don't get it.

16. Sabrina spellmen

Sabrina spellmen Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For once can we just have a getting rich novel where the Mc and ml became a rich family. Must they always get involved with the imperial palace/family I mean really? is it too much to ask for this?

couchpotato1929 likes this.
  17. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    This kind of situation... is it Qi's novel? :sushi_peak:

I didn't read this novel btw just trying to read spoilers to get some gist

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  18. OrchardL

OrchardL New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Sabrina spellmen well, if you find one, let me know. The only WN I could remember where the imperial family isn't actual garbage and is actually decent folks is Fields of Gold.

@MiyaMira I'm not familiar with her other works, so I can't say.

Anyway, I believe the WN is done. It had been done for quite some time now actually. I just didn't realize that it was over because the ending was so abrupt. MC dies from old age/exhaustion and found herself back in the modern age on a hospital bed. She heard a voice beckoning for her, as the WN ends as she was about to open her eyes. That's it. OMGWTFBBQ.

19. Cuddles You

Cuddles You Eternal East Wind

Reading List:
    Link
  20. Aska.has.ORD...

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG! Kudos to you @OrchardL you made it to the end. I keep on seeing the !book in Mtl dot com but it just gets on getting in my nerve. aiyaaaaa. freaking author needs a break in my opinion. to decompress and stop making her characters miserable. dang it.