Spoiler The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by riyo, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're asking when Lane told Mielle he got the wrong person (he thought Mielle was the one the told the Count about the fur and even the Prince mistook Aria for Mielle), it happened about around the finale of the serie when

during Mielle imprisonment so around chapter entitled: "Reversed destiny". Buts it's a very big Spoiler

I can't remember the chapter but around after the engagement with Oscar, Mielle met the Prince who realized he has sent gifts to the wrong person thus Aria is the one behind the fur insight.

I think other character see through as well that Aria was behind the fur business.... but I don't remember the chapters ....

2. Pinkuenemu

Pinkuenemu Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to just say I respect your opinion ; and with large chunks I certainly agree with it - A note to that would when she finally starts showing her real compassion and empathy (I feel her grandmother would continue to play a major role past the epilogue ) - when she has that real talk with her mother etc but you can honestly see it coming out when the her tutor Sarah gets married ; she was .. genuinely happy and wanted her to be (As well as what happens between her and Jes and Annie) . And while she used the hourglass in the 'bully' way at first the irony is i feel she paid as much as a price for an event they wouldnt even remember (its not like she can just turn the hourglass and than feel great )

But just one thing ill put into spoiler blocks because its so long and I dont want to text block xD
    "These words, which I have contained within me for all this time, are reserved for our sister. Since this might be the last time... I feel like I must tell you It could be that I've been waiting for this day to come."

Mielle slowly wiped away the transparent tears stuck to her eyelids and knelt down on the floor.

Her sudden action frightened much of the audience, and they rushed forward as if they wanted to intervene. But, Mielle signaled to them that everything was okay and brought her lips to Aria's ear as if to deliver a final, sacred message.

"You stupid bitch. Playing and fooling around like that with my ladies Was it fun?"

Aria's eyes widened as if they would burst out. She slowly turned her stiff, bloated head toward Mielle, who was smiling. Her smile was pure and beautiful, like a flower.

Aria blinked quicikly, unable to understand the nonsense she had just heard. Her mangled tongue prevented her from asking questions.

Mielle read her expression and explained it again, "The ladies who told you to do all those evil acts were all my maids. It was all to portray you as the evil bitch. It was all for this moment."

"...!"

"I'm telling you this because these are your last moments. I've wanted to kill you from the moment you and your naive mother appeared, if possible, in a manner as painful as possible. The shame on our family is such that nobody has even come to see you. How dare you, a bug, crawl here not knowing where you stand? Hoohoo!"

Mielle barely contained the unendurable laughter that nearly erupted from her mouth.

At this moment, she smiled brightly, as if Aria's tears made her want to sing and dance. Mielle's joy, which no one else was able to notice, stabbed through Aria's chest like a blade.

"I had thought of poisoning you like I did to your mother, but I refrained. It's no fun that way, right? So, I gave my poison to a maid and made her ride in my car. Ah, of course, I didn't drink it."

"Ah! Ahah!"

Before Mielle could finish, Aria's body spasmed, and she collapsed to the floor. Aria had used all of the strength she could muster to move, but it had only resulted in a feeble struggle. All the veins in her eyes burst, and blood tears slowly slid down her face.

Mielle finished her speech and stood up. Looking back at the execution table, she slowly returned to her spot with a sad, regretful expression, saying, "It was fun while it lasted Thinking of how Aria won't be here is already making me feel empty inside"

Mielle and others would have and often tried to do the same things they did do (everything from bullying to torture to murder). I make no excuses for anything cruel our MC does.. But when "well she didn't know better" or "she was manipulated" is brushed off I feel we must also brush off "Well she hasnt done it yet!" as a way to say 'let it go' because (she and they) will do it; she (and they) simply fails because the MC in the very real sense knows everything she planned to do. (Just didnt know how far it went since step sis wasn't even the big bad "princess to be" Isis) Though I feel Aria is a very 'complex' type of character - I found this to be refreshing (though I wished for more of an epilogue) it wasn't some pure paragon shift or just a repeat of every mistake and just bleh.

And it was great I agree; that the novel was all there in English im not used to that haha :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  4. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with what you wrote and I respect your thoughts on the matter.
    I think Sarah indeed had a role. After all after she turned back time in a way she found comfort from Sarah even if she planned it. But I do believe the trust and support Sarah gave her later on in the novel made Aria view Sarah way more than a tool like she started viewing her as an ally part of her loved people circle.

I don't know about that... Ofc, this is still a personal interpretation. I felt like there should a have been a better way to outcome that. I just felt it is just too linear. She indeed managed to defend herself from their mischief since she "knows" but at the same time she didn't do anything to change or influence Mielle and the others to change their motive before everything escalated. In a way, I think Aria didn't even considered giving the others a chance to change to avoid those outcome thus she just let them do as they wanted and follow the setup of the previous timeline while she used her knowledge of the future to defend herself not neccessary to try to change the motive of the others. Or probably she completely didn't even trust she she can change them and didn't want at all to have anything to with them she wanted to hate them past or future and sin or sinless.

I'm also glad they put scenes with her grandmother at the end and the development Ashen brought to Aria's perspective of people. Putting aside the marriage of Sarah that happened at the end, at the start of the serie Aria view everyone as tools. She give them gives gifts to buy them over with luxury and kindness. Even when she met Ashen her first thought was: "could he be a valuable tool in the future" which we can see happened when she met new people as well. Initially Aria was full of mistrust, resentment. Indeed the other wanted to harm her intentionally but in the end they didn't, since she outbested them all thus she didn't get any damage at all. Thus the resentment didn't feel justified and that what's made me interpret her later logic and motive of her cruelty completely beyond an act of self-defence but of malevolece. People need to pay for what they done, okay but her actions on characters that in the end didn't harm her rep got a punishment that goes beyond the purpose of the consequences of their misdead.

There's no denying they were ill intention people and they deserve to pay for their missdead but I also believe they are a victim of Aria's rage that they didn't cause in the end. And that's why I don't believe their actions in the second timeline justify that they deserve the amount of hate and cruelty Aria gave them. In a way that's also why I didn't like fully her character since she projected all her pent up hate of people of the past towards others that did her bad things and that they could do again but in the end they couldn't and didn't do any harm to Aria.

So yeah, I think the moment she let go of that hate and resentment due to tragedy she had part of giving birth to, was the key for her slowly opening up and show compassion. She indeed showed affections to others but she would need years of trust before she can do that. And that's what happened with Annie, Sarah and others. The resentment had a huge role that kept her from seeing people more than tool. And that anger was extremely prominent at the start of the serie and would take several chapters for it too cool down along with Aria's view of people slowly changing to an affectionate and trusting one.

Also yeah I couldn't believe it was over and fully translated! I'm not saying the novel is horrible since I read 280+ chapters and despite they gave me chills I still enjoyed the development Aria's character has from the start till the end.

She starts of as loveless child that equally didn't trust anyone because everyone wanted her out of their lives then after several chapters the serie close the curtain with Aria reuniting with her family and discover people can love her without hidden motive but love since she family. I think her mistrust of love (she thinks is fleeting thing) at the start due to her past exp made more sense and completely justified how her view of the love of Ashen was something she didn't understand at first. Thus that equally made the realization of love for Aria more valuable and justified.
    So yeah, despite this is a story about a villain and her misdead, I think this is still worth reading bc she's a villain who coldness is justified and change during the course of the serie.
    I do still believe she's not just a villainess that want to save her self. She's malevolent and I don't think I need to explain why because her character concept is Villain not Misunderstood Villainess/noble girl of other isekai series.

5. Cathleya

Cathleya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did Ashen react when he realised that he mistook Mielle with Aria, and that he sended all those gifts to the wrong person? :LOL:I'm really curious

Paris_Eve, Mikaa and Marinette like this.
  6. Ficklyfrim

Ficklyfrim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there any scene where Aria wasn't able to use her cheat? or she was a decent cheater? (by decent, I meant it works all the time~ cheats should be that way after all~)

7. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a bit funny.

Mielle was very pump up and feeling high and mighty because she got Oscar and had Isis as her backup supporter and she rubbed in Aria's face everyday by telling all the beautiful stuff happening to her and her social circle. So one day when she was with Isis she came across the Prince Asterope (Ashen) and I think Ashen was very eager to meet her since he thought she was Aria so when they met he's all "You're Mielle? That Mielle?" he's definitely confused because she's not the girl(aria) he chatted with in the past while going all about how he know everything about Aria. Meanwhile at those questions Mielle was frightened because she feared the rumor about her being a perfect lady didn't match what she shows so she felt embarrassed and even more when the Prince just brushed her off disinterested while leaving and realizing he has been sending gifts to the wrong person and understood why when he met Aria she wasnt wearing clothes he sent.

8. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, there was a time she forgot to bring the hour-glass with her another was when someone took her hand and run when there was accident since she didn't know how many minute have passed (she can rewind only 5 minutes) so in the end she didn't risk it and decided to follow the flow. she can't reverse the hourglass several times or one after another since she get fatigue. using it once got her to sleep several hours.

yfndsh, Mikaa, rock.doll and 2 others like this.
  9. Ficklyfrim

Ficklyfrim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's the dreaded limit~! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Marinette likes this.
  10. Cathleya

Cathleya Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you:aww::blobokhand: :blob_grin:What happen then? Did he suddenly start to send gifts to Aria?:blobReach::blobReach::blobpopcorn:

11. sirwence

sirwence Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally liked his second to last major gift... which was flowering the entire imperial wall for her return to the capital. and than the flower road which leads to the proposal :) xD ( I mean he literally used his powers to make sure everything was done and in order and he was there ahead of her .. despite already being in the carriage with her about 1/2 a day if I recall from the capital. )

yfndsh, Mikaa, darksanctuary and 2 others like this.
  12. irish_04xoxo

irish_04xoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank You so much for the spoiler, actually i'm planning to drop this one at first because the revenge that she's planning to achieve(everything's failed. )

13. irish_04xoxo

irish_04xoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna read this one again from the top hahaha. I did not finish reading it because mielle is pissing me off, she's hypocrite.

Paris_Eve and Mikaa like this.
  14. Marinette

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think Aria failed her revenge though... :/
    She got what she wanted and even more in the end.
    If we're talking about hypocrisy I think many in the novel has it. The same could be said to Aria after all she used Mielle as an example for her actions and her plans. She used Mielle's same tactic of "a poor modest girl who has a difficult sibling " (but with a higher misery level since she's illegitimate and a prostitute offspring) and she sort of cheated too because she knows the future and can reverse time. In terms of hypocrisy they're the same of course other has it too. :sleep:

What makes Mielle an equally annoying character (I kinda hated more Isis than Mielle) is
    she's Selfish af! I guess since she has been spoiled and overestimated since young she kinda see herself above others to the point she see her happiness and status above family and others. And yikes. I don't think she even learn a lesson when all her plan failed and she lost her closest allies. And that's a second Yikes.

:unsure:
    While Aria treated others for her benefits but still cared for them and made sure they would gain benefit from her as well.

I recommend finishing the novel, since they're all available and they seem a lot but a chapter is divided in different parts that seems long but they are most are written in a simple way and doesn't linger on long details making the events fast phased yet complete. ^^

15. mamamoodikkensclout13

mamamoodikkensclout13 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    when will aria find out that ashen is actually the prince

16. Minnymle

Minnymle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I remember correctly, I believe Aria found out who Asher was while on a date-like thing. I think it was after a meeting, Asher and Aria go on a walk together. Asher basically teleports Aria to this very nature filled mansion in the middle of the walk. At that time, Aria did not know about Asher’s ability so she was surprised and saying stuff similar to, “There was no way you could’ve taken me this far in this short amount of time. It’s impossible:blobdizzy:!” Asher was then like, “ It runs in the family. People in my family have abilities:blobsmirk:.” Then Aria started to wonder about her ability too. After all the discussion, Asher at some point reveals that he’s the crown prince. Then Aria was like, “....oh god.... I knew you were probably a high ranking noble but the crown prince?!.... I’ve been so rude all this time:blobscream:.” After that, Aria called Asher’a name formally and Asher got sad saying something like, “ This is why I didn’t want to tell you.... people often start becoming formal when I tell them:blobcry: Then Asher was like, “ Please talk to me like you usually do.”:blobsad: Aria of course have in, saying something similar to, “....Mr. Asher..”

This is basically when I remember and how I remembered Asher’s reveal. :blobmelt:

geckin, Chorkie, Paris_Eve and 17 others like this.
  17. Yulya_milyushkevich

Yulya_milyushkevich New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How did the first kiss of Asher and Aria happen?

Mikaa and AngelRose79 like this.
  18. Minnymle

Reading List:
    Link
    This is when Asher and Aria we’re officially dating. At this point, Aria was known to society and was respected around the world. She had a lot of power and helped Asher often. Asher also knew about Aria’s past life and basically everything about her at this point because she revealed it to him. While Asher and Aria were riding alone in a carriage, Asher was jealous because at a restaurant, Aria told King Lahon that her type was a tall guy with black hair and blue eyes. Asher was like, “Is it true? You like people with black hair and blue eyes and are tall?:blobsad:” Then Aria said something like, “...yea...:blobsweat:” and then he said something like, “So if another guy that is tall that had black hair and blue eyes shows up, would you be with him:blobpensive:?” After that Aria said something like, “Yea... if I like him then yes:blobsweat_2:.” And then Aria tried to reassure him saying something like, “ There weren’t many guys with black hair and blue eyes in my previous life. Even when there were, I did not think of them in a romantic way so don’t worry:blobuwu:.” And then Asher began thinking of how Aria used to seduce guys in her past life and felt even more jealous. Then he took Aria by the waist saying something like, “Has anyone ever gotten this close to you in your past life?” And then Aria was of course starting to get nervous so she nodded:blob_blush:. And then more stuff happen, Asher kept going further and further into his world of jealousy. He kissed her on the forehead, and then the cheek and kept saying stuff like, “Has any guy ever done this to you in your past life?” Of course, Aria was aware of how far this was going so she decided to stop teasing Asher and said no. And of course, after all those actions led to a kiss. Asher pressed Aria against the wall of the carriage and kissed her. It wasn’t a soft kiss nor a passionate one. It was more of a kiss of wanting and desire. :blobcatblush:Then it got harder and more passionate. Then after that, Asher began to realize that if he wanted Aria anymore, he wouldn’t be able to stop so then he stopped his rows of kisses. Aria was extremely out of breath at this time. So when the carriage arrive to Aria’s home, she was about to leave. They glanced at each other while she was about to take her leave because they didn’t want to separate. :blob_teary:While Aria was about to walk away, Asher went to her, and turned her around, kissing her in front of all the maids and peeps:blobmelt:. It was a very soft and quick kiss. And then of course they had to separate. The maids were very excited due to what they witnessed.
    This is my memory of their first kiss.:blob_blush:

geckin, H.G, Tamyave and 42 others like this.
  19. Minnymle

Reading List:
    Link
    So after Aria went back into the mansion, the maids were all very excited. However, it was late at night, and Aria’s older brother Cain wasn’t very happy:blobangery:. He barge into Aria’s room saying things like, “Why did you come back so late. You were with him weren’t you!?” He was a very angry person basically. Then Aria was kept acting innocent saying, “I don’t know why you are so angry brother.” :blob_tilt:And then Cain said, “ YOU,HOW DARE YOU... HOW DARE YOU!”:blobdevil: Aria thought, “ How dare I what? Not choose you? Not be with you?” But acted like a sad scared girl that was confused:blob_teary:. The maids turned pale because they realized what he tried to say. Cain got violent and charged at her. Aria dodged and her mom cane in so she hid behind her mom. And stuff happen after that but I might say it later.

geckin, elaii03, H.G and 38 others like this.
  20. Minnymle

Reading List:
    Link
    Asher took Aria to a restaurant for their date. Apparently, someone has made reservations at the restaurant. When Aria and Asher entered, they noticed Kind Lahon and Isis. They greeted each other in a casual way. Asher said something like, “So you’re the one who made reservations.”They began to discuss completely ignoring Isis which made her angry. King Lahon then asked Aria if they could date or become lovers. Aria declines but he was persistent making both Isis and Asher angry. Asher warned King Lahon but he didn’t stop so he was about to get violent but Aria calmed Asher down and said something like, “Sorry, however, you’re not my taste.” King Lahon replied with, “Oh~ What is your taste then?” Aria said, “ A tall guy with black hair and blue eyes.(Obviously referring time Asher)” Asher was frozen stuff from her words and shocked. And then they had a casual meal and left into their carriage which of course leads to the first kiss.
    This may be my last spoiler on this event. If you guys want to know any more cute scenes between them, you can request it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    geckin, H.G, Tamyave and 30 others like this.