How good is your memory

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DomDomDom, Apr 17, 2020.

Tags:
?

Let's say you meet someone during a party for five minute then how long will you remember thatperson

1. One day

62.5%
  2. One week

9.4%
  3. One Month

9.4%
  4. One year

6.3%
  5. Lifetime

12.5%
  1. DomDomDom

DomDomDom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about special cases where you remember them for a long time due to something happening. I'm talking about general cases when your friend introduces someone like "hey, its my friend XX", then how long will you remember that person.
    I can only remember for a very short amount of time. If I have not met that person lots of time I forget their faces very easily. I'm starting to think I have partial prospognasia.

Fulminata and Shem like this.
  2. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess... Mine is kinda distorted? Like something that happened years and years ago, I'd still remember it, but something that had happened a few days ago, I wouldn't remember it. Sometimes vice versa. It's so weird. :blob_pout:

Blitz, blues86, DomDomDom and 3 others like this.
  3. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    I said one day but I'll probably forget them immediately if I don't make a concious effort to remember them.

Effugium likes this.
  4. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is the same :blobpensive:

Shem likes this.
  5. LAOG

LAOG Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even remember reading the title to this thread.

6. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I will not remember their name at all, but their face? I dunno, I think I do but then what if it's just a look-a-like...so embarassing, so just don't approach. On the other hand if they approach you...well You'd be surprised how well you can get along with people you forget the name of. For example, I was relatively good friends with someone for 6 months, but couldn't remember their name half the time.

mangoberry, felidormit and otaku31 like this.
  7. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I might remember their face, but I'll most likely forget their name...

But as they say, "What's in a name?"

Nancy2303, Fulminata, blues86 and 2 others like this.
  8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Less than a day

9. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? But when reading, I only forget titles. I usually remember the book cover tho :blobReach:

KizunaAi and Innieminnie like this.
  10. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will probably forget their face but remember their name for awhile (one month maybe if I don't meet them again or no chance to talk with them arises soon) :blobunsure:

11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I've forgotten about people mid-conversation before. Like, I just got lost in thought, stopped talking and walked off. People got mad at me afterwards of course since it seemed rude, but I honestly just forgot about them.

mangoberry, Fulminata and Effugium like this.
  12. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would forget that person within an hour

13. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    when it comes to daily happenings I can remember almost everything my first memories start from 2 years old I can still remember it like yesterday. I can remember almost everything I do, did. my problem is learning math, but you put me in history class and that is my domain I can remember dates places and things that happened. it's genetic I think cause my dad and grandpa where the same both had have been diagnosed with dementia because of it my gramps started getting it late 79-82 my dad started showing symptoms in his late 77-78.

14. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a short-term memory. I could easily forget the good things while remembering the bad things. This highly tortures me everytime as just one bad day can literally make my mind into hell in a single second. If not for my strong will, i would easily break down like a mentally incapable person.

Remembering people can be hard unless i throughly remember them in my mind and just a single moment, i would easily lose their memory if i don't continuously remember them.

If it weren't for my short-term memory, i would actually be a genius and throughly invest myself in becoming a writer or an artist. Most of my teachers say that i was actually smart if it weren't for mostly forgetting words.

Also the topic of conversation, this also causes me to be more secluded as i find trouble in conversing as i couldn't keep up with most topics and tend to rely on instinct to understand what they would say.

By the time i reached my age, my memory is basically dead while my instinct was honed to the max and basically turned into precognition.

DomDomDom likes this.
  15. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I remember people, they don't. I just don't remember names. I have memories from childhood up to now. I can remember almost the flow of any story I've read or watched. I just don't remember the names in full detail, but enough keywords to trigger my memory like Li Qiye. It's like having a library in the back of head, but I can't access any of the books unless I have a certain key to unlock it.

16. felidormit

felidormit probably asleep.

Reading List:
    Link
    i might remember few bits of their figure and vague memory of their face for one or two weeks. i don't think i'll remember their name, because in some cases i forgot someone's name after they said it and other times my mind just gave them a corresponding nickname like 'that Z's party friend'

otaku31 likes this.
  17. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I will forget their name as soon as I hear it. I just don't have any retention for names. There were people at work who shared the open office work floor with my group. I saw them everyday for almost 10 years and I always greeted them (hi, hey, how's it going?), yet I have NO IDEA what their names are! I've overheard their names in conversation several times, but I just can't remember them. I'm just glad I've retired now and don't have the risk of needing to call out to them anymore.

As for faces, I might remember them for a short while.

18. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not good. It's in my title to warn people and hopefully reduce people being upset about me forgetting them.

I introduced myself to someone a few days ago, and he told me 'but we met and worked together last week' and that was bad.

It took me 3/4 of a year to finally start to remember alot of the names of the people I work with. And I can see their names on a schedule so it's like I have a cheatsheet but still took that long.

Many times at work, when someone asks me to find out something for them, or get something, by the time I have what they need I have forgotten who it was that asked me, and have to play a dangerous guessing game. Mostly I try to be noticed by the people I suspect it might be, because when the one I'm looking for sees me they will usually say something like "oh! you got the thing?" and I'll be saved. But I think they have started noticing....

In the past I would at least remember that I had talked to someone (in a situation like your example). I just wouldn't be able to remember who it was, or their name.
    Now I've begun forgetting the event of talking to them too.
    I've begun forgetting many novels I've read. Things I've said. etc.
    I'm concerned about it.... :blobconfounded:

Fulminata likes this.
  19. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    I tended to forget people name if I didn't interacted frequently with them

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    so so
    if this cat think important then remember if not then who are you again?
    meh when it come to work this cat remember but on daily live
    zzZZZ

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.