Realist Hero anime announced

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Kuroihagane, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
  2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I realized at some point that I don't like it when novels I read get animes. Not sure why...

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    OOOOOOHHHHH YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. They either did it a good adaptation or completely butchered it.
    2. Before the anime adaptation, they have to LICENSED your favorite read of that time.

5. Kuroihagane

Reading List:
    Link
    Because there is no perfect adaptation, some parts will definitely get skipped or omitted for whatever reason

Deleted member 155674 and 01 like this.
  6. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    If there is the usual awfull eye bleeding 3D in it, I'll probably avoid it and keep reading the wordy version...

Bla8bla likes this.
  7. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually buy the official releases anyway, and I feel the same even when it's fairly well done... Perhaps I just feel like it's showing lots of people around me something that I exclusively knew about as a rare novel reader in my area, and I'm defensive about it?

Irlin-senpai likes this.
  8. ADABANA

ADABANA Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please make it a good adaptation!!!!

Deleted member 155674 likes this.
  9. Fluffy Jellyfish

Fluffy Jellyfish 『Number 1 Lolicon under Heaven』

Reading List:
    Link
    I JUST WANT TO MAKE THE THREAD BECAUSE OF HOW HYPED I TO KNOW ABOUT THIS ADAPTATION
    AND YOU ALREADY MAKE ONE

LET'S GO LADS, TO INTRODUCE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS AMAZING NOVEL

Well, I hope the adaptation turn out to be good
    Pls studio..

10. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link

Because the novel suck or get badly adapted. I’m pretty disappointed all we get is trash-isekais animated. I dropped this novel when MC behaved all serious and formal to a Duke, man it was so cringe and awkward lol. Since he didn’t need to speak like that but already puts them in a high pedestal.
    Erm, excuse me... Would you happen to be Madam Taru?” I asked, standing up straight.
    The girl cocked her head to the side and looked at me with sleepy eyes. “Yes, I am. What is it?”
    Dealing with you is tiring. If you have no business here, go home. That was what her general demeanor seemed to say.
    Some people may have gotten offended at this point, but I was used to dealing with people like Genia, so I didn’t think much of it.
    I bowed politely, then introduced myself. “I’ve come here with an introduction from a lady in Noblebeppu. My name is Kazuma Souya.”
    Naturally, I used a fake name. Because if my name got out, not to mention all the other members of our group, it was bound to turn into a hassle.
    I then introduced the rest of us. “This is my wife, Juna, my younger sister, Tomoe, and my employee, Roroa.”
    “I’m Juna. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” “I-I-I’m Tomoe.”
    “Roroa. Nice to meet ya.”
    “Taru Ozumi. Nice to meet you.”
    I felt like Taru relaxed her guard a little after the girls introduced themselves. Well, hearing Tomoe’s stuttering introduction would warm anyone’s heart.
    When Taru took off her bandanna and introduced herself, I noticed two bear ears on top of her head. She was a bear beastman? I guessed that would make her a member of the snow bear race, one of the Five Races of the Snowy Plains. The atmosphere had lightened a little, so I immediately got to the point of our visit.
    “I saw the accessories made by this country’s craftspeople in Noblebeppu, and oh, my, was I ever impressed. Looking at the detailed and fine ornamentation on them, I could tell you must all be very skilled with your hands. It made me think that, if we used this

country’s craftspeople, we might be able to make a certain thing that I’ve been planning to have made. I asked if there were any good craftspeople around, and the lady I was speaking to gave me an introduction to this place. Are you willing to listen to the rest of what I have to say?”
    “Come in...” Taru gestured for us to come inside the workshop.
    I was thinking, Phew... I managed to speak smoothly, like the young son of a businessman, but...
    “Also, talk normally. I’m sure you’re older than me. Besides, I doubt you’re used to talking that way.”
    It looked like Taru saw through me completely.
    Seeing me awkwardly scratch the back of my head, Roroa bit back a laugh. Hey, no laughing! I’m embarrassed here!
    When we were brought into the workshop, the roaring flame of the furnace made the place fairly warm. No wonder Taru could dress so lightly. We took off our coats, too, but when Tomoe removed my handmade white mage hood, Taru’s eyes narrowed.
    “You’re a dog... No. A wolf beastman?”
    “Oh, yes!” Tomoe beamed. “From the mystic wolf race.”
    Taru looked to me as if she wanted to ask something. “Wasn’t she supposed to be your sister?”
    Oh... That was what was bothering her, huh. Fair enough, since Tomoe and I weren’t the same race, and our faces didn’t look alike at all. We must not have looked like siblings.
    “From another mother,” I said. “It’s a family matter, so I’d appreciate if you didn’t pry too deeply.”
    “I see...”
    I made it sound like there was a difficult story involved, and Taru didn’t ask any more.

When it came to topics like this, even if she was interested, it was best to let them slide, after all.
    With that, Taru led the way, and just as we were about to take a seat at a table, I noticed something odd leaning against the wall in the corner of the room.
    It was pole-shaped, but both ends bulged slightly. If this were an RPG, I’d probably call it a cudgel. It had a distinctive design with a long, thick centipede wrapped around it that continued down to where the wielder would hold it. I thought it looked cool, but I wasn’t so sure about it as a weapon.
    While I was looking at it dubiously, Taru asked, “Do you like it?”
    “Oh, I mean, it’s an impressive design, that’s for sure, but...”
    I didn’t want to say anything weird about her products, so I avoided answering the question, but Taru just shrugged as if to say, I know what you want to say.
    “It’s fine. Your view is perfectly normal. What’s abnormal is the taste of the idiot who ordered it.”
    “Idiot? Really? Um, this is your customer you’re talking about, isn’t it?” “I know him well, and I call him that to his face.”
    Someone she’d call an “idiot with no taste” to his face? What was this person like, and what was Taru’s relationship with him?
    Well, setting aside the weird cudgel, it was time to get our business taken care of. Taru waited for everyone to be seated then asked, “So, what is it you want me to make?”
    “Could you make something like this?” I used a feather pen to draw on a pad of paper I had prepared in advance to explain exactly what sort of thing I wanted.
    When she saw my drawing, Taru tilted her head to the side. “The shape itself is simple. But I think it would be incredibly difficult.”
    “I thought so,” I sighed.
    “The fact that you want it ‘as thin as possible’ but also ‘sturdy’ is especially hard. If it

Tens of thousands?” Taru said in surprise, staring closely at me with her sleepy- looking eyes.
    “Wh-What?” I asked. “So, can you make them?”
    “Before I answer, I want you to tell me one thing,” Taru said in a serious tone. “How exactly will they be used?”
    I was silent.
    How they’d be used, huh. I was making a strange request, so it was only natural she’d be curious.
    But was it okay for me to say why here? It would be one thing inside my own country, but this was a foreign land. They were something I needed, but I honestly didn’t want to reveal too much about the revolutionary new information my country had.
    “Do I really have to say?” I asked.
    “You do. Or I won’t make them, and I won’t refer you elsewhere.”
    She was being blunt about it, so I whispered to Roroa, “What do you think?”
    “I know you don’t wanna say why, darlin’, but lookin’ at what she’s made, I’m thinkin’ this girl here can make what you’re after.”
    “Then, do you think it’s okay to reveal how they’ll be used?”
    “I dunno. If we’re gonna procure a whole load of ’em, that’s more than this workshop’s gonna be able to handle alone, so we’ve gotta hope whoever’s in charge of this country ain’t too hard-headed...”
    “It all comes down to that, in the end...” I murmured.

While we were whispering back and forth, Taru slowly pulled out the neck portion of her apron, pulling something out from between her apron and shirt. What she held out toward us was an obsidian arrowhead. It looked like she’d been wearing it as a necklace. The arrowhead was polished, and had a dull shine to it.
    While holding it, Taru said, “This arrowhead was a lesson from my grandfather, the blacksmith.”
    “It’s from your grandpa?” I asked.
    “‘A bow and arrow can be used to hunt animals and fill people’s stomachs, but it can also be used as a weapon to kill people. The arrowhead is a part of the bow and arrow. Even if it’s just one part of a product we craftspeople are making, we must know how the things we make will be used.’”
    Taru looked straight into my eyes as she spoke.
    “For a craftsperson, it is their duty to know how what they make will be used. If something I made were used for evil, that would make me very sad. That’s why I don’t make things when I don’t know how they’ll be used. I can’t.”
    “What happened to your grandpa?” I asked. “He passed away last year.”
    “I see...”
    This was a girl who took her grandpa’s words to heart as she ran her workshop. I had lost my own grandfather just last year (though that year had switched to this world’s calendar for me partway through), so I felt a strange kinship with her. I always had a weakness for hearing stories like this. The human part inside me said, “Can’t you just tell her?” while the part of me that was a ruler said, “Be cautious in all things.”
    While I was seriously agonizing over what to do, I suddenly felt something cold in my hand. When I looked, Juna, who was sitting next to me, had placed her left hand on top of my right. I looked at her in surprise, but Juna didn’t say anything, just smiled quietly.
    Please, do what you want.
    I felt like she was telling me that. In that instant, my heart felt a lot lighter, to the point

(in truth he didn’t need to put on a disguised. It’s all BS reasons and beta.)

11. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    its proably about destroying the image you made up in your head
    so imagination gets replaced by voices, images, colors and if its badly done its twice as sad

12. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to like Realist Hero, but lost interest after volume 3. There's a lack of meaningful conflict, even when they do go to battle. It doesn't help that they introduced a loli dragon waifu.

L0pez likes this.
  13. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man, I had read part of the Manga but the site closed down, and when I tried to read the novel here, at least the first chapters have disappeared.

Oh well, I'll go read something else till they make the anime.

14. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that it's hard to find an upload of anything j novel club licenses. Never understood why people treat officially licenced novels as a lost cause here. They're just as free on the internet, and you can support the author if you want to put something on your bookshelf.

15. HentMas

HentMas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess that may be true for most countries, but I live in Mexico where the translation will either never come, or be so late that it's not worth it, and importing books is prohibitively expensive

And regarding the first part... taboo UnGrave, taboo, NU really don't want to get copystriked... better play along ;)

UnGrave likes this.
  16. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    What might you be speaking of? Of course I was referring to the fact that their site was made free temporarily due to the corona virus of course. What else could I possibly mean?:blobhyperthink:

HentMas likes this.
  17. yakuzapandaz

yakuzapandaz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While the novel is good the animation will probably have a lot of talking and politics
    X.X

Skaistise likes this.
  18. Kemm

Kemm Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    2 unlikely. Now there are more licensors invested in LN, but you can still catch some non-original anime based on unlicensed works (a decade ago, almost every LN-related anime was based on unlicensed works, the same way game-based animes still are mostly based on unlicensed works, though the gap is closing there too).

What I find more likely to be the reason is that animated versions come in 3 big groups: decent-to-good adaptations (which may have a different ending due to running out of material), bad adaptations and what I call MTL or fanfic adaptations (of very varying qualities, there are even some that are quite good).

The ones from the first group don't really elicit much critic unless there is a hype, the ones from the second group become quite visible and the ones from the third group... quite variable, but at the very least they garner critics of having thrown fidelity in adaptation under the bus (tied and left KO).

19. Kuroihagane

Reading List:
    Link
    On one side, it's gonna be easier to animate. On the other side, the weebs are gonna complain

20. Irlin-senpai

Irlin-senpai I ain't got a Clue(-chan)

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh! I know this feeling. Even for my friends, I use to spend less time the more popular they become. It's not that I'm envious of them, it just felt somehow less fun when so many people are around.

I felt the same was for celebrities I follow, my hobbies too. The more popular they become, the less time I spend on them.

UnGrave likes this.