Looking for interesting isekai idea to write

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by LuceLucky, Apr 15, 2020.

1. LuceLucky

LuceLucky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm in the mood to write some Isekai goodness and am open to ideas.

I'm leaning towards:
    • Female protagonist
    • Kinda steamy
    • Unique twist of trope(s)
    • Some examples: (Villainess) (Mother of villain) (escaping noble life) etc just go ham
    So if you have any ideas containing those feel free to post them here (or private message me idc). Who knows? Someone (me?) might actually write the story you want to read.

Disclaimer: any ideas you post here are up for adoption

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. sandycat135

sandycat135 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    -Reincarnated into someone who died years ago and their body was being controlled like a puppet (or a robot - that's fun)
    - Villainess reincarnated into the daughter of the heroine and prince
    - A reincarnated villainess who aready successfully ran away and meets a cannon fodder.
    share the story if you really do write it

LuceLucky likes this.
  3. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Anything that isn't set in European medieval times and the protagonist is not a) hit by truck-kun and his cousins, b) summoned by a goddess or god or priestess or king, c) stabbed by a rando, or d) sucked inside a cheesy otome novel/game

That will be quite refreshing to read.

LuceLucky and Marinette like this.
  4. Xxsafirex

Xxsafirex Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    reincarnated as a extinct winged race, and by showing his might is taken as some sort of deity

5. An Anime Addict

An Anime Addict (≧▽≦)/̵͇/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿▀̿ ̿)

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

LuceLucky and Arash1 like this.
  6. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh here's a wild idea:
    Female protag transmigrated to a parallel world where female do not have rights, men use them as slaves, and the body that the protag is in is considered a villainess by everybody because she violently campaigns for equality for all. Like actual terrorism.

7. nightcore34

nightcore34 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Female MC.

MC is either reincarnated or just simply born in this new world. This world has just recently awoken to magic around 50 - 100 years ago. MC is born into a small, simple family in a village. Monsters exist and the strongest of them/smartest can take human form.

Her mother is actually a smart monster who fell in love with the father. When the MC reaches... 15? 16? The mother decides to tell the father the truth since the MC is also half-monster and the mother has been hiding the traits.

Father pretends to accept it but later goes and sends a message to the local lord offering to provide proof by having the mother and daughter transform while the lord's men hide.

Mother is attacked and killed by the soldiers/knights/inquisitors - whatever you want them to be - MC flees and subsequently starts a revenge story on her father. You can think up more.

LuceLucky likes this.
  8. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Make ur protagonist suffer physically. Like, a lot. Not to Re:Zero levels, but you kinda get what I mean.

I had too many stories with female MCs that directly don't get hit or simply brush injuries off. I wanna see some f*cking blood. I wanna see 'em look at the consequences of their actions directly in the eye and get some frigging character growth.

LuceLucky likes this.
  9. --MON--

--MON-- «Observer» «Death» «Lazy Reader»

Reading List:
    Link
    last high-human (long life race evolution of humans) female surviving that hid from the rest of the world suddenly have the urge to go out and explore due to boredom.

a girl who becomes so powerful destroyed a world due to hatred/grudge then after that teleported to another world to start a new life.

LuceLucky likes this.
  10. LuceLucky

LuceLucky Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You! You and me are gonna be best friends d=(´▽`)=b

Halmista likes this.
  11. Mordreth

Mordreth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A cranky 40-50 year old woman with no family who spent all her years working hard to try and get somewhere in life gets transported to another world. Instead of doing what she did before which was follow the rules and live according to how society demands, she goes off and becomes a ruthless mega-b1tch, slaughtering all who get in her way. In this world she will do as she wants, regardless of the consequences.

How's that?

12. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Write it from the point of view of the goddess who gives the isekaied person their abilities and guides them into their new world. She falls in love with one of the people she sends to a new world and decides to win him over from the planned heroine in a villains role maybe as a demon lord or evil advisor to the king that summoned or something since as the hero he will be forced to come to her to thwart her plans.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess I’ll describe a story I might enjoy.
    A 65 year old man who has been through several wars as a mechanic. Work as a doctor until he pass. That had a hobby of collecting unique war antiques.
    He pass away and than reincarnated as a women.
    Maybe place this in a kingdom like Britain. But let her travel the world with her grandfather on his ships.
    Have the MC create a trading company. Which was just started, but had lots of potential. Than have a neighboring country invade. Her grandfather sends all his ships fully loaded to join her uncle at a distant land. Only to wash ashore un an uncharted land. With the crews, ships and equipment. They start all over and the build an empire. Especially with her otherworldly knowledge. Just to speed up the developing process add magic.
    I would have the MC focus on concrete for everything. From roads and buildings to ships. While everyone had wooden ships. Dirt roads and wooden buildings.
    I would use Hornblower as a reference in building and fighting the MC enemies. I’d also use moment’s like rorkes drift or hannibals march.
    While this is going on slowly elevate the navy, marines and army equipment. While having a robust economy.

At least that’s what I’d like to read.

14. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Protagonist reincarnating in a the most uncommon creature has been used before like the "I'm a spider, so what" is quite original and attarcts reader that could be female and males too. A character that deals with all kind of ordeals that aren't benefitting or put her in a good light or advantageous spot (like switched body as supportive character, object, demi monster or monster, or a weak boss everyone think as useless and pathetic and don't want to deal with 'em) :unsure:

thus she has to be acknowledged using her own streght and social ability to gain other people trust and admiration.
    Something not too on favor of the protagonist since at that point things would be served in silver plate with no dynAmics .

Having story phase that has an initial normally, a turn of events, nsince no ordeals make the story linear and lack dynamic.;) So yeah an up and down situation is important. Use great cliffhanger and an intriguing first chapters to grasp potential readers attention.

But a if you want to have an OP super rare creature as your protagonist that could also work since its very vogue and has a strong niche of readers loving that sort previleges and cheats from the start.

If you enjoy something that follows the common startup or setting in isekai make sure you add something original something that stands out and doesn't repeat the same thing other most notable novels has done. Anyway something different from the notable novels (for different I mean a difference that goes beyond having just different names and kingdom name)

Tho even if you copy and paste same development of notable novels, I think you can still gain readers from them since I met people searching and willing to read 100 times the same body/plot of a novel (reincarnated as the spoiled child of a cruel king or emperor with daughter complex). Since its a "thing" a niche of readers jump into. :ROFLMAO:
    Even I enjoy the reincarnated or become into a villain (not villainess most of my favorite stories aren't villainess story) I'm more for journey and battles not romance or mental games in court sort of thing. I do read them for the dev but my taste lean more to rpg adventure. :sleep: this is a sort of thing I like and think others have their likes.

I agree with the other comment, use a villainess protagonist if you want but make sure it has something unique from the other story.

Anyway either way I think you'll get a handful of potential readers since "New/original" or "common plot" stories still attract certain readers.

Make sure your Protagonist has fault or defects! Nothing is worst than a character being great and perfect from start to finish. Since there's no character development and a chance of giving readers the possibilities to relate, discover or learnt from the story.
    At least this is my perspective tho they also the basic of story progress:
    1) Introduction (world, characters, normality situation) -> Unexpected event that change that status quo (nromality/peace)-> development & ordeals that the Mc and other characters faces -> Spannung (maximum tension) -> return to normally.

The development is important for the characters grown but I've seen unfortunately people reading ONLY chapter 1 and chapter Ending, thus not the journey the character faces which is a bit sad since the ordeals and development that mold the characters and outcome are way longer than the finale. Kinda feel sorry for the writers writing and typing all those chapters only for readers to skip them. :unsure:

Which is sorta bad especially if they siem angry reader start spamming online without minding if people aren't interested or not about how they found the ending bad for their taste which kinda make readers back away or drop the story when they hear someone spoil them a development they hate the most without giving or knwing the full context of that development. :sick:

Example: a spoiler going on about " MC dies to save the word"
    That can frustrate readers who have yet to read that part but hearing that spoil they might drop the serie. Without knowing the full ending that who knows might be good like: " MC dies to save the word but was revived thanks to a goddess that managed to fish her/his soul in the sea of... Universe(idk) or maybe Mc after death reincarnate in another world and then at the final for summoned back". :unsure:

These are tips and suggestion whatever you choose for your story, good luck! (y)

LuceLucky likes this.
  15. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the end, it's important to write what you like. It's less tiring writing if you're equally in love with the story you write!

LuceLucky likes this.
  16. Halmista

Halmista Doctor of Books

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello there best friend!

Here, have some another idea:

Another parallel world (it's still another world is it's still isekai) idea where the world is almost conquered under some dictator and our female protag is the transmigrated into the waifu of the dictator. She knows how awful the dictator is so she schemed and immediately killed the dictator while having sex and making it look like an accident then she began scheming to take over the empty position of the dictator and doing actions that is against the beliefs of the citizens therefore enraging them and making her look like an usurper and a villainess but she only wanted the people to learn how to fight for their rights and stop being a neutral party. She wants the people to make a revolution and overthrow the whole dictatorial government because all of the politicians are hateful bastards. And some of the leaders of the resisting countries know of her plans and some does not and some politicians in her government want her position so she has enemies everywhere.

LuceLucky likes this.
  17. LowerTierDragon

LowerTierDragon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnating as Noble Consort Yi, the future Empress Dowager Cixi, contextualizing her relationship with Empress Xiaozhenxian/Empress Dowager Ci'an as a tsundere kind of romance (there's your steamy, I guess). Add some magic and stir. Now set the goalpost from "taking over China from the starting point of a barely literate concubine" to "conquer the world" (whether by your MC's intention or by accident in trying to not screw things up as much as Cixi did and also trying to not end up dead).

As an alternative, do the same but with Livia Drusilla. Or try and redeem poor Valeria Messalina, if you're so bold and want to work on hard mode (might be fun having a villainess clash vs. Agrippinilla and Nero). Again, inject some sort of magic into it to make it that much different from the normal timeline and justify things going upsidedown and sideways so it isn't just stomping through alternative history.

Hmm, Ancient Roman xianxia...

LuceLucky likes this.
  18. MR.Klein

MR.Klein Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was called the sanguine princess for everywhere she goes , she wreaks havoc.In her rule rivers ran red and one day she was killed only to be reborn as her killer.
    basically she had a past which was tragic due to the war ,lets say by country A .Now she gains power becomes the queen, she leads a crusade against Country A and now only its complete destruction could sate her hunger.She wins by making sacrifices ,betraying and using all means .At a certain point many of her plans start to backfire and finally she meets her end When the rebels kill her.She then wakes up to be found in the body of the leader of the rebels as a baby (this is when she began her crusade).She now witness's the destruction that her machinations has brought forth . She realizes just because you were wronged doesn't justify wronging others.she then decides to stop her no matter what.

19. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if there are already such stories around, but I wish there were some nice stories with some super OP "isekai" character(s) in them, with abilities that are easily recognizable to readers as stuff from our video games or some modern technology like guns and tanks and planes and such... or something like that... Only the story would be written primarily or entirely from the point of view of the natives... With their usually amusing wrong "medieval" mindset based interpretations of what they're seeing...

LuceLucky likes this.
  20. Sawadaea

Sawadaea Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While reading through some of the replies I thought it would be interesting to see a typical heroine that has dreams about future events but she's in the body of the 'villains' and she feels all the thoughts and feelings. It would be interesting to see how they would react when they see things from a different perspective and if it would change the character

LuceLucky likes this.