Discussion Dream Drive

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ChuckFinn666, Mar 11, 2020.

1. ChuckFinn666

ChuckFinn666 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone read it yet? It was one of the reason I got into reading the novel version of Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. Since the author of the aforementioned novel said that he got to read it and it was good.

The Dream Drive can be found on the website literotica. com, yes it is a website for erotic novels as the website name suggest but every now and then you can find hidden gems like this one.

It is a story driven piece of work that have some sex scene on it.

Of all the stories that I've read in that website that I've kept going back to since the story is very well written. Even the antagonist of the story is very likable in a very morbid way.

Have you read other hidden gems in other websites?

2. yugmodnar

yugmodnar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only got to chapter five because the book was so depressing. Between the characters being pushed along by the plot, and the grimdark futuristic society, I just wasn’t interested. Even if the characters eventually became more proactive/intelligent, there wasn’t enough chapters left to make a difference.

3. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a very picky person, so I alternate on a variety of sites such as novelupdates, fanfiction.net, royalroad, scribblehub although not often, and wattpad...which surprisingly contains some okay light novels written by a more western audience (experience only with female protag and yaoi).

4. Meloman

Meloman My dog is lazier than me

Reading List:
    Link
    Wattpad does have some hidden gems, indeed. Many genres as well.

though you really have to be patient to dig out the gems on Wattpad. Literally the diamond in the rough situation there.

like on NU when there is a harem tag- then most likely I’ll drop it asap. But on Wattpad a tag is ... more fluid? So you could be looking for bl but get a good magic story instead. Or something. A lot of fan fiction there too.

a couple that I liked on Wattpad:

Siva series by JE_Reddcliffe,
    Parallel series by Renoe_K,
    I’m not a jersey kind of guy by (not long, more RL based) by everytimeiseeyou143,
    Some werewolves/were something stories (both bl and not) were good too.

but to find those good ones (like the jersey book one) you will need to go though a ton of 1D fan-girl 14 yo writer age novels. Which are not complete, on top of everything else. (1D in this case being both, One Direction fan bl stuff as well as 1D as opposed to 3D characters development.) I swear invisible dragon is better than some (a lot of that some) of the stuff on Wattpad.

in comparison the quality on royal road is indeed better. But many incomplete works as well. Like I’m still waiting for the continuation of this one: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/1439/forgotten-conqueror#toc

Although a complete one below is a bit dark but pretty good, I actually remember it, mainly because of the well made ending: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/116/flight-of-icarus

Innieminnie likes this.
  5. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you! I'm going to go look up those recs right now xD