Spoiler Overgeared

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Midnight Rain, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Verebrus27

Verebrus27 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, Just wanna ask, are grid have un real life relationship with other girl? Or he Just have relationship with irene in the game until now?

2. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just irene so far, he will slowly get closer to mercedes

3. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow so he killed a weak and dying dragon and became stronger than those 9, gotta make sure nobody finds out about that baby dragon

4. Verebrus27

Verebrus27 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So no yura or jishuka? And Who is Mercedes?

5. Muteki Reader

Muteki Reader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yura & jishuka are still potential love candidates. Mercedes is Grid's legendary knight and npc. She was former no1 red knight of saharan empire.

6. chucke

chucke Going towards the glorious future

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn I want to read the novel but the number of chapters puts me off.

7. Feanor

Feanor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If somebody kill just born Nefelina = strongest legend / myth class.
    Only need power and resistance.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
  8. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nefelina right now is stronger than any player about a little lower than Marie rose. Why I think so because when Marie rose awoke and when to the oh kingdom she talked to grid with an she can destroy the kingdom so be nice to her if she destroy it who will feed me? Like if Marie herself was not able to kill her directly

aqua55 likes this.
  9. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Good point

You should read it. Ik 1000+ chapters looks like a lot, everybody catches up in like a week because it THAT GOOD. And trust me, even if this novel was 2000 chapters it wouldn't be enough. This kind of novel can go 2500 to 3000 chapters max, so this is only 1/3 and each chapter is like 2-4ish word doc pages not a chapter like in a book.

It's really good though, hop on, I promise you there will be part to make you cry, some make you smile ear to ear, and some puss you off.

Muteki Reader and LordDanny like this.
  10. zerol1

zerol1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah og is so good I am on my second read totally addictive to the point where you just say 1 more and read 200+

Pd:
    I really miss khan And his moments with grid he will be forever old man jar number 1 member with Brahan being close second

11. Yogi666

Yogi666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like we only got 2 chapters this week huh.ridibook raw chapter I mean

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  12. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tues thur sat Sunday, that's how they do it Every week in wuxia and the author is usually the day before or day of

13. Atriedes

Atriedes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be quite funny if he has Mercedes too, since he can only get in action once a month. Would be interesting to see if Lord would ever get another epic level sibling. Maybe by the end of the day, there will b a grid religion and all his kids are gods too.

@chucke
    I got to 1202 in... Maybe 1.5 weeks? I've sacrificed quite a bit of sleep and also skip all the weapon stats. It was so crazy that I even dreamt that I was some character leveling up and putting stats into str and agility to hit the 1:1 golden ratio (when u reach the later chapter, u will get what I mean)

There are some tears and a lot of laughter. I love the bromance he has with Braham and Kruegal. And damn, chap 1149 when the first page of epic was written, omg. I thought the author was the embodiment of genius himself.

Now i can never read stories the same way anymore.

LordDanny and aqua55 like this.
  14. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

lol that's how I feel, honestly because of this novel i have a new standard for video games and books all together

the weapon descriptions are awsome though, you should give them a quick glance, idk how but this author really balanced this game really well considering everything he's writing is made up

it's so balance I honestly feel like making a video game mirroring these setting/ideas because its really awsome. making satisfy exactly would be hard, but a more free / super multi variable system would be cool

the iems and skills he comes up with are so fucking perfect. Like I was having a hard time imagining what these titles and skills and rewards would give grid, and its really easy to just think up something that's either kinda lack luster or simply too overpowered/easy to abuse/game breaking, but he still manages to make them feel balanced yet strong enough to satisfy our greed. Its a real talent. He's thinking super longer term, hes setting stuff up hundereds/thousands of chapters in advance and he gives us little hints that he hasn't forgotten about some stuff while hiding other stuff hoping we would forget, like the red lighting bead

to me personally, this seems like a upgraded version of legendary moonlight because he is keeping the whole game world in mind and setting these up, and its really upsetting there aren't more novels like this. Things like solo leveling, emperor of solo play and ark felt to linear, like legend of zelda. This novel makes the idea of "you can make any choice, you can get various different rewards based off those choices" feel more real. Taming master was also a great novel but its not as free as this novel is

him choosing the never reveal too much information about mobs and bosses is also a brilliant decision because it makes things more open ended, anything is possible, and we aren't focused to much on monster stats.

He gives us a ton of information, but there is also just as much he decided not to tell us, and its just as important to the structure of the story. It's why this story succeeds as a realistic next gen vrmmo. Our persoanl imagination is a factor that he considered.

Atriedes and LordDanny like this.
  15. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh so the 5th epic was what granted him the skill synthesis, right that makes sense. I wonder show long we have to wait before we see what the fusion of spear throw, continuous stab and unbreakable justice looks like

It might be a light manifestation ability that his light elemental can further strengthen, where he creates countless spears of light to shoot at someone. Very fate stay night

16. JHI

JHI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The problem is he recognized that Grid had fighting energy but somehow didn't realize the latter's status as the hero king. So either there is another way to get fighting energy than becoming the hero king or Biban can't put two and two together. If he simply didn't notice the fighting energy, the possibilities you mentioned would have remained viable. The mastery of fighting energy idea sounds good. Currently, the hero king title as it is, is pretty decent but doesn't give the myth vibe. Temporary stat boost against powerful opponents and additional damage reduction/damage are great but that's it. In my mind, mythical titles and skills involves bending the rules somewhat. But it probably will. For example: [The fighting energy of the Hero King has risen to the rank of a transcendent and threatens the dragon. The Absolute Defense of Bunhelier is disabled.] Bypassing overpowered defense skills is an example of what I meant. Also fighting energy rising to the rank of a transcendent is more or less what you meant. Let's hope Grid gets to that mastery level soon.
    To be honest, the reward for the 5th epic looks underwhelming in my eyes. Grid gained access to the skill synthesis system by raising his status the next level instead of anything unique about the epic. It's similar to how his chances of using shunpo increases due to increase in his status but not in a way that is related to the content of the epics. But previously, each epic gave Grid a unique title or reward based on the epic. I.e. legend of the canyon, protagonist of the two eras... This one didn't give any unique titles like that (as far as LordKarsus said and from the preview of the next chapter). Skill synthesis is a system that is available to all players that reach a certain level of transcendence. As a result, I am not impressed.

I also originally thought skill synthesis would eventually be upgraded due to increase in deity stat and Grid would be able to combine sword dances, Braham's magic and Madra's swordsmanship into new skills. It's still not impossible but the way it is stated, the system is about removing the flaws of a person due to increased transcendence and combining Grid's swordsmanship with Madra's is more of a power up than trimming the fat. Another reason for this was Grid didn't use the skill after resurrecting Black Tortoise. (The excuse he gave for not using it initially is because he would fail to adapt rather than smt like if he waits patiently he could use it in a better way; see the summary of chapter 1206). But now I think he'll probably use it on the useless active skills.

17. LordKarsus

LordKarsus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One assumes that it gave him reputation and resulting power as a Legend - as the first Legend before there were any others (which might be akin to being considered a god). And then that would've been his foundation while doing other epic things.

That or it helped him on his path to become a transcendent and thus an immortal. Which would give him plenty of time to grow. More so if there is an enlightenment system for NPCs too that helps accelerate their growth through increased insight after a point.

So he might have a thousand years or more of growth behind him.

Muteki Reader likes this.
  18. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I'd imagine his next battle with kraguel, kraguel will come out using new OP sword saint skills, being like, as a sword saint I activate my special skill, infinite sword energy

Then Grid come out, with his big dick energy, going NOT SO FAST, for I also have unlimited sword energy WITH PHEONIX FIRE

Kraguel: fine you mightve matched me in the sword (inside he's just like "IMPOSSIBLE, you've surpassed my expectations yet again") here is my Trump card, Spear skills and energyyyyyy

Grid just smirks, you forget, IM A BLACKSMITH, Hammers galore

Crowd just goes waaaaaaaaaaa
    Very yugioh/JoJo esk

19. LordDanny

LordDanny 《Duke of Chaos》

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello guys I want to ask you something
    Like sometimes in novel it is said that 《Duke》titles are legendary titles without it a legend is incomplete. After that 《Hero King》title is mythical title but when grid got 10 DEITY-stats he got 《Duke of Virtue》title where it is said by system that (Hero King can't fully define you) so I want to ask which rating is correct or which on is greater.

And after that there is this phrase where in SATISFY NATIONAL COMPETITION where Bunhelier or so named Dragon appeared and kraugel couldn't do a shit damage to it while grid did by his 《Hero King》title which failed absolute defence of a Dragon or decreased a Dragons defence like fenrir's (Struggle) skill but it doesn't do a shit against Yangbans or Transcendents except Increasing some of Grids stats.

And lastly I think there is some mistakes about 《Duke》titles like

Braham - 《Duke of Wisdom》- correct

Pagma - 《Duke of Fire》- correct

Saintess(maybe can grow upto Myth (Demigod - speculation)rating or possibly Divine rating(God) I am saying this only by the title《Denial》and characteristic of Saintess - class( Unique-Transcendent rating in present by participating in Great Demon raids - maybe only needed one more raid to increase class rating to Legendary) - 《Duke of Virtue》- speculation or should have been but Grid usurped it.

Madra - 《Duke of Pressure》- speculation because( He f*cked the shit out of Empire(Pressure) and all of his swordsmanship is one blow technique which I think should be related to Madra)
    Last but not the least,

Mullar - 《Duke of Pressure》(in early novel chapters - incorrect speculation) - or - 《Duke of Conquest》(in later novel chapters - correct speculation I think this because of his achievements like f*ck the shit out of Great Demons which sounds like conquest to me).

So which one do you think is correct and thanks for reading :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  20. aqua55

aqua55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hero king is mythic in level but its incomplete, Grid never mastered the aura it presents him. he initally used it as a resource because he didn't have sword energy. These current chapters are showing that there is more to fighting energy and the hero king title than what Grid is currently using, hes just not strong enough to use them, so he hasn't unlocked the extra functions.

the encounter with a dragon stimulated it and for a brief moment it assisted grid in fighting the dragon, so thats one of its functions, it doesn't activate for fenrir nor the half god because most likely they aren't as much of a threat

duke of virtue is an interesting problem, his sister is still far from qualifying to have a duke title, but she might get something else
    duke titles don't seem to be shared, and grids duke of wisdom is just a fragment / advanced great mage class

Madara doesn't seem to have a duke title, wasn't well known enough
    Muller might be a retcon or miss translation, we dont know. he only comes up sometimes
    duke titles are for legends, and they are high end titles, but even titles can further be developed
    Grid hasn't achieved his full potential so we have yet to see

Muteki Reader and LordDanny like this.