LCD Black Iron's Glory

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Ryogawa, Oct 5, 2018.

1. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Making the unloved 1st son a loser trying to dethrone father's glory due to bad parenting die then having true love give birth to proper heir

Weedisdaboss likes this.
  2. Rafa_TAM

Rafa_TAM Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know what happened to the web novel, did something happen to the author ???

3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Which one?

4. Ryogawa

Ryogawa Translator on Volarenovels and Liberspark

Reading List:
    Link
    The author got hospitalized for heart issues. He made an update just days ago saying he's recovering, but his release rate will still be shaky until he stabilizes.

venu101 likes this.
  5. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It wasn't a relapse issue then?

6. Ryogawa

Reading List:
    Link
    no, it's a different issue, something about a weakened pulse that caused some breathing problems, which he initially mistook as a sign of smoking withdrawal.

venu101 likes this.
  7. Rafa_TAM

Rafa_TAM Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gracias por el dato.

8. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With all these "folk" and "line" being thrown around, I tried to figure out what each means. The numbers vary within the story, but I think this is the breakdown for the military oganisation:

NameStrengthConstituent units
    Corps63,0003 folks
    Folk21,0005 lines
    Line3,6004-5 tribes
    Tribe8004 clans
    Clan2004 bands
    Band544 tents
    Tent10-12n/a

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  9. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The author has been hospitalised in ICU since 13th of March. There has been no news since then. Based on what was posted at that time, it seems like the author didn't try to get treated or tested, and was only rushed to emergency after experiencing heart failure (one of the end stage symptoms). Right now we can only hope for the best.

10. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    1 corps is 4 folks, it's just that it can have 3 folks sometimes
    Also, 1 folk is 4 lines.

All of this information + currency info is on the pinned messages in the discord channel.

11. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Four folk in a corp was way back (chap 185). As for one folk being four lines, it depends what system you're looking at. The old system used the 4-4-2 structure (e: it should be 4-4-4, I guess the author changed it), in the MC's case, they reorganized as 4-4-5 structure (though I think the author might have messed up and it should be written as 4-5-3).

https://veratales.com/read/black-irons-glory/chapter-413

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Cashew Farmer likes this.
  12. SifaV6

SifaV6 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you looked at the raws, the author actually used proper military terms. I don't understand why the translator decided to make up his own terminology.

Raw termMeaningENG TLStrengthConstituent units
    军团CorpsCorps63,0003 folks
    DivisionFolk21,0005 lines
    RegimentLine3,6004-5 tribes
    BattalionTribe8004 clans
    大队CompanyClan2004 bands
    中队PlatoonBand544 tents
    小队SquadTent10-12n/a

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Cashew Farmer likes this.
  13. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine it has to do with the naming the leader of each unit. They probably wanted to make it simple to name the leader of a band as a Bandsman rather than say Platoon Leader.

SifaV6 likes this.
  14. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those the Author have children? I would hate to be his first born and read shit like that ;)

Still Lorist was a way greater MC/father than Claude, even in parenting, at least he tried to give his son real/rough education, sending him to that other home, but the stupid retainer/butler and wife intervened with that, damn even his excuses to not educate him himself were more real, since he was away for months/year, whats Claude excuse he needs time to fuck around or the asshole thinking of "it's not really my son, cause this is not really my body" damn i can only Imagine how a orphan felt reading that bullshit...

15. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    Claude doesn't love wife, so he doesn't love child. Claude love bear girl.

16. Weedisdaboss

Weedisdaboss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And that only shows what an asshole he is, specially if you compare him to Lorist, do you remember why he was so Heartbrocken in his past life....Kefni is/was a great girl, she supported/cared for his mother&family while he was fighting a war (diden't she become a great friend with his sister that was also forgotten), in real life we could trace her behavior change directly to him.

Now compare that to Lorist wife, a maid he fucked and got pregnant, still felt responsible for his children...

17. Ryogawa

Reading List:
    Link
    There's also the fact that Kefnie changed. It's not like Claude didn't like her remotely, but it was a relationship without passion. The fact that she refused to help Bloweyk with the children in his time of need for petty inheritance paranoia was the dealbreaker for him.

18. Narmi

Narmi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC never really cared all that much about his marriage or kids. He literally said he doesn't consider the kids to be 100% his (or at all even) because they were born from Claude Ferd's body, which was not his original body.

Also, remember when Kefnie was confessing her love to him after she found out he was a magus, his first though was weighing the odds of if he could get away with killing her. He also forgot about her while he was away, and only married her because she took care of his mom and his mom like her.

Kefnie messed up by raising his son to be a spoiled young master (in large part because of his mom, whom the MC enabled and told his sister and wife to let her be herself), but the MC was always placing himself first and everyone else (except his younger siblings and Sheila) a distant second.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  19. pipen53

pipen53 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any update on the authors status?

20. Overclock

Overclock Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So just started reading this novel yesterday and I'm up to 78. Has interesting and boring parts mixed in, but I'm still enjoying the story. Chapter 78 where mc sees the spells Landes had, and I'm guessing these are the spells mc will have later. My first thought just seeing the first spell Magus' Hands seems incredibly useful in battle. Adding Fine Control, I imagine the mc could wield dozens of swords or guns to overwhelm enemies, or just punch barrage people like a Jojo stand. As I saw the rest of the skills I thought the mages of the past were dumb. Maybe even mages in that golden era for not seeing the potential in the rune magic useful spells in battle. Like how can you not become a melee god even with those basic spells?

Also, Landes is dumb for not using magus hand to clean instead of just his two hands and getting chemicals on them.