Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR:

OOh!! It's the same for me too!! Wangxian > HuaLian > BingQiu both couple-wise and story-wise.

I love Hua Cheng's gestures and general attitude towards Xie Lian. That's the sort of protagonist I absolutely LOVE. Someone who'll do absolutely anything for their love. This I've been thinking in my head since many years before I read any of MXTX's novels. Hua Cheng is exactly that type of a character in TGCF.
    I think by now you might have already gotten the impression about this aspect from how I write Lan Wangji's gestures and behaviour with Wei Wuxian ;)
    To be honest, I never got to read TGCF as well as Scum Villain fully. But from the starting chapters that I could manage to read, the most impact that a couple made on my mind was still WangXian. Hualian are really sweet too, but still, I can't bring myself to rank them above WangXian even now. Both HuaLian and BingQiu are couples having a larger age gap as compared to WangXian. Maybe this aspect as well has affected my views on the couples. Frankly speaking, for the Xie Lian and Hua Cheng couple, though I would LOVE to see Hua Cheng being intimate with his partner, because of the impression I've got of Xie Lian's character, I simply can't bring myself to imagine him and Xie Lian in that sort of very intimate physical relationship. I was actually glad that the novel didn't have such explicit stuff. At least to my knowledge the novel doesn't seem to have any.

Agreed 100 %!! Slowburn romance where actions speak way louder than words! :bloblove:

Oh the manhua scanlation stopping was really a pity. ExR were doing a wonderful job. Some people really... they just love spoiling things... There's another scanlation group called Bucci Gang that had picked up the manhua scanlation. You can read the chapters on Mangadex website. I also felt uneasy when I saw many people on twitter making long threads and criticizing ExR translations of the MDZS novel. They may have had some mistakes in their translations but still, they brought out the whole novel in English and fed all us fans very well. It was only because of them that we all non-Chinese speakers got to read such a wonderful story. What if they hadn't translated this novel in the first place? Maybe MDZS would not have been too popular with English speaking audience. People should at least learn to be grateful and thankful towards translators/scanlators/subbers before they start nitpicking and criticizing them. And if one doesn't like their translations, they can always start their own translations and share. No need to give harsh comments!

:blobsmilehappy:blobmelt_thumbs

Oh! I did share it here! Sorry about that! :blobcatblush::facepalm:
    Thank you so much for reading it again and your comment on AO3 :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: I've replied back with some thoughts there too :blobpats:
    Aaah!! I'll try to write about another night hunt with Gusu ducklings + Jin Ling + Teacher Wei Wuxian someday! :blobcatblush:

:aww:Here's the link. It's a really short fic -> https://archiveofourown.org/works/22611796 :blobxd:[/quote][/quote][/QUOTE]

Sauling likes this.
  2. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to know that our preference for the pairings and the story is the same there :blobhighfive:

Yeah I am the same for Hua Cheng as well, his love and devotion for Xie Lian is loveable to me. I also love how he sees Xie Lian as his entire world that as long as Xie Lian is safe, then nothing else matters, those type of themes is what appeals to me :bloblove::bloblove:

But I'm like you, no matter how much I find Hualian sweet, I mean by all means they are very sweet but to me it's missing something, which can't rank higher than Wangxian. I guess if I have to say something, it's probably that Hualian when compared to Wangxian, Hualian is sweet (and that's the first word I'll associate that pairing with), whereas for Wangxian, that pairing is touching and heart-wrenching, which made me appreciate their happy ending more in the long run because those two have been through so much to be together at the end. I always feel that Wangxian is more touching to me in this comparison, because I feel like Hualian goes smoothly from the beginning when readers got into the novel where both characters are really polite to each other, but for Wangxian, it is a slowburn romance that we get to see a lot of development side of things and I think it is this 'development' that made me love and appreciate Wangxian more because we get that comparison to what they're like before vs after and not to mention among the three stories confession, Wangxian still ranks the top for me, where the confession was a fully satisfying one that I love. In comparison to the other two, I was okay with Hualian confession , but I was disappointed with BingQiu on my end with no confession coming from Shizun. So yeah I guess that's why Wangxian is my no.1 when it comes to these three stories, because Wangxian have that kind of impact for me and touched me on a personal level that Hualian and Bingqiu didn't have despite I love these two as well.

I also haven't finish reading HOB on my end (I have for SVSS though), but even if I did, I doubt that my ranking will change.

But that's interesting to know from your end about being glad there is no explicit stuff. For me personally it's one of a downer that HOB doesn't have it but I get that it's because of all the censorship and such so that's a downer for me , I only just want to see one to see what it's like between them considering how MXTX said that out of the three ML, Hua Cheng is the best in bed but we never know what it's like lol. But for you since you're glad that it doesn't have it then that's not a negative for you then ^^

Anyways with that aside, what do you think of He Xuan and Shi Qingxuan? Personally for me I love He Xuan too and I know he cares for Shi Qingxuan deep down :blob_teary:

Yup :blobhighfive:

Honestly I regret not downloading the manhua on my end because I was waiting for a bit before downloading and now I couldn't download anymore since they have taken it down :blob_teary: it really is a pity especially since their translation was easy to follow and so smooth too.

I do know other manga sites have it but the translation isn't that great but I guess I'll appreciate this over nothing at all.

I don't follow Twitter so I don't know. I only realized through this FB group that I followed and it was awful. Translation are prone to mistakes at times but as long as it's not like a huge one than we can just let it go and appreciate the effort the translation they provide us and EXR is doing this for us for free. Without them we wouldn't have had the chance to read the novel so some people can really be ungrateful and take things for granted! :blobexpressionless:

That's why for me every time I give a link to the translation novel I will put an end note asking them to respect the translation(and translators) since it's for free. I just felt like I need to highlight that point on my end because some people really can be so ungrateful :blobunamused:

But yeah personally for me i hope they don't take the novel down because I do go to EXR sometimes to reread the novel on my end.

Anyways I guess I should use this time to finish the audio drama haha because I have not yet finish it. I only watched bits and pieces and the final episode to the main story ending brought me to tears when the Wangxian BGM played and the transitions of all the scenes and the dialogues being said was :blob_teary::blob_teary: So touching :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:but sad that it has ended :blobcry: so I would like to use this chance to thank SuibianSubs and you for the Subbing of the audio drama, we really do appreciate the hard work and effort put into this :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Haha that's okay :blobrofl::blobrofl: I think I was among the first few who read that fic when you recommended on Tumblr :blobwink: but I don't mind reading it again , because it was a good fic considering it's the first one you ever finished :blobicecreamlove::aww:

Yup I saw your reply in there :) and good luck to your hetero story that you're planning to write ;) I think I am starting to see your trope in your style and that childhood sweetheart is a bonus for you as well as this whole soulmate theme, where they can't live on without the other? If so then yeah I love those type of stories too , those ones appeal to me :aww::blobicecreamlove: and I love how you portray Wangxian in this story as well as LQR hahaha , because you make him likeable to me since I wanted to see him warm up to Wei Ying post canon. With your story I could now put that into picture on what it's like, so thanks! :blobparty::blobparty:

And :blobparty: I will definitely look forward to when you do another night hunt with Jin Ling :aww:, but no pressure :blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool:

Awesome, thanks for the link! :aww:
    I have left you a comment in there :)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    asckj1 likes this.
  3. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 86 has been written! I saw some bits from Japanese twitter posts about CQL Untamed, and thought 'wow, if the series took over Japan by storm, how awesome would that be!' (this coming from a recent anime-watcher :giggle:)

:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:
    Sexy times with Wangxian
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/20963498

6. rosierosie

rosierosie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this fan writing, or in the novel?

Does anyone know when the donghua live anime action season 3 will be out??

7. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 87 is done! I got worked up when someone actually took notice and flamed my story in AO3. Wow! :X3:

Sexy times with Wangxian

8. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure what you meant, but I was referring to the live-action drama, where some Japanese people took to twitter to say some nice things about it, I guess. There hasn't been any good material lately, and I'm considering to stop my daily search for CQL Untamed stuff soon.

I did see a clip dubbed in Korean just now - the one where LWJ carried the umbrella under heavy rain and WWX made that lovely declaration on horseback. Oooh, my heart! :aww:

9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  10. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed with you all everything there! I also feel that MDZS is probably the best work among the three works by MXTX, because of the way she beautifully wove the back stories and the dynamics between the other characters as well. The plot in itself is very very intriguing. And of course, the way Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's lives are dragged in the whole big mess of some very notorious and ambitious people definitely add the exact amount of spice to the whole story and their story too.

Appreciation dwells on misfortunes and I feel that MDZS the right amount of it and is elaborated just right for the readers to get sucked in to the story.

Ahahahaha, I don't know. I do understand that HuaLian need their intimate times. But I simply still can't bring myself to picture them that way. Maybe one day when I read TGCF fully, I'll probably feel differently about it.
    I'm probably too much in love with the fact that Hua Cheng so dramatically acts to sacrifice himself for Xie Lian, that I probably can't move away from this image of his. But I do understand your point. anyone would want to know their intimate dynamics too since they are a really sweet couple and not having explicit content would just disappoint most people.

I can't really comment on this ^^; When I read TGCF for the first time, I was struggling to remember the character's names and their stories as well. Very sorry _/\_

Here's the link for easy viewing -> https://mangadex.org/title/26597/the-grandmaster-of-demonic-cultivation

It has all the chapters from ExR as well. Yeah, people need to understand that we get so much FREE content translated/scanlated/subbed from so many hardworking people.

:blobicecreamlove: Very glad to read that you're thinking of finishing to listen to the audio drama. I will 1000% guarantee, you won't be disappointed. The audio drama creators have stuck to the novel story extremely closely. And there are many many many sweet Wangxian moments, not just from the novel chapters that have been adapted, but also from the audio drama exclusive extras. Please do listen to ALL files from Suibian Subs for this audio drama.

Aaah~~!! Thank you sooo much once again! :bloblove::bloblove:
    I don't really want to sound like a broken record with only one type of agenda, but childhood sweethearts who are together with each other for life is a concept I'm obsessed with somehow. So my brain by default can only churn out poor writings with this concept at its core for now. I need to read a lot more to be able to visualise different scenarios and better relationship dynamics. I will work hard towards it! :blobsalute::blobsalute::blobsalute:

Also, thank you very much for all the wonderful and careful comments on my fics. I'm really grateful that you've taken the time to read them so carefully and respond promptly. Please do feel free to criticise them too, I will absolutely take any comments fom you. It will be a learning experience for me too, since you have already read so many fics and and go through all of them in detail.

And lastly-

I started reading "Monotone" fanfic that you had suggested. And I am simply BLOWN AWAY by chapter 1. The buildup of the story is so so so good!!! I'm totally hooked!! It was so heart squeezing to learn about Lan Wangji's and Lan Xichen's current state :blobconfounded:And the moment Lan Wangji met his Wei Ying at the end!!!!!! The descriptions there were so beautiful that I wante to run before Lan Wangji and grabed Wei Ying and hug him tightly!! :blobcatblush: I could feel Lan Wangji's feelings through all the beautifully woven descriptions of all those moments!!!

Gosh, I'm going to love this whirlwind of a tale!!
    I'll write more as soon as I've read more chapters! :blobrofl:

Thank you so much for recommending this awesome fic!!! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:[/quote]

Sauling likes this.
  11. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    I am happy to find another fan who appreciates and thinks MDZS and Wangxian is the best among the three works written by MXTX ^^

It is true about the dynamics between the other characters as well, as I found myself falling in love, loving other characters on my end as well, whereas HOB is mainly just on Hua Cheng and Xie Lian and ofcourse He Xian and Shen Qingxuan, but that's about it, and SVSS, is even more minimal, so yeah, I am more invested in MDZS plot and the characters on my end as a whole.

It's a story, where after I finished, I can't get out of and just want to read again and again on my end, so yeah, it's really the best in my eyes :blobicecreamlove:

Haha, I see, that's interesting to hear your points about this, and that's absolutely fine if that's how you feel, since we each have our preference when it comes to a story. I think MXTX really kept HOB and HuaLian at an innocent level, and I somewhat understand.

To this day, I'm still deeply sadden where MDZS was locked because of some incident >.< I really hope it will be okay at the end of all this, and I do think the writer (MXTX) should be entitled what she wants to write, since it's her story and it's supposed to be fiction. Some people just like to criticize and not respect how much effort the writer puts in to write a story, which always annoys me, since, if they don't like it, then don't tread into that domain. Don't ruin for fans who loves, enjoys the story.

Ahh that's fine, since I was the same as well with MDZS and HOB and SVSS XDDD :blobsweat: But MDZS I came to remember since I've reread the story a lot of times.

While I was looking forward to hearing what you think about those two but I guess it's okay if you can't remember all too well about the characters ^^

OMG, thank you for the link! :aww::aww: I will bookmark this and will also check out the manhua on my end. I'm glad to know that all EXR chapters are there as well, since I love their translation on my end.

Yeah, those people really do, since because of them in this fandom; it is becoming unwelcoming for me right now to introduce new fans into this fandom until I know they are mature enough to be able to enjoy the content without hating it.

Yeah, the audio drama have been on my list of things to do, and I will be sure to finish it, since I already got all of those episodes downloaded, so yeah I will be sure to check them out on my end:aww: From what I've watched, I know the Audio Drama is the most faithful in following the novel, in terms of adaptation side of things, so I really appreciate the team and everyone in putting this together for us. To be honest, I thought at first the blind fold kiss will be censored out, but it was a pleasant surprise that they included this in for us :bloblove::bloblove: So yup, from the episodes I've seen, here and there, it's definitely on my list of things to do :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Understandable, since I am like that too, Childhood sweethearts is my soft spot, and I love that too, since it gives an earlier fate/encounter for them to meet and build on their bond/relationship :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: So yeah, it's a natural like coming from me :blobicecreamlove:

Your stories are very enjoyable to me, especially with how you wrote Wangxian relationship, how they can't live without the other, while it is angsty, but to me, this is what makes them touching/sweet, and ultimately, I head canon they will live long and happy lives together, and I absolutely love how you wrote Lan Qiren in your fic, because that's the kind of person I want to see in him and how he came to warm up to Wei Ying and openly accept him <3. I mean, he's still grumpy Lan Qiren, but I like seeing him openly accepted Wei Ying into the family, and I love those Gusu Ducklings, ofcourse, like I said, if you do happen to get inspired to write another fic of Wei Ying going night hunt with the Gusu Ducklings as well as Jin Ling, then be sure to share this with me in here, and I will read it on my end (no pressure) :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: And also, I love Ouyang on my end too, even when he doesn't feauture a lot of the times, but I love how he loves Wei Ying and protected Wei Ying (by speaking up against that annoying Sect Leader Yao).

:aww::aww::aww: YAY!!! I'm glad to hear you finally started reading that fic :blobparty::blobparty: My guess is that you haven't finished yet? Since I don't to spoil what happens in the story, but yes, I also adore how the writer took this approach into doing something different for once, and I love how Lan Zhan have lived through all those years, after becoming immortal and still love Wei Ying and hope to find him again, I was so hooked into the first chapter too, and I was waiting for the time Lan Zhan and Wei Ying can finally meet again, and I knew that Wei Ying just so happens to be Sizhui teacher haha :aww::aww:

So many adorable scenes, so many scenes that is so touching, they really wrote Wei Ying character well. I also love those drunk Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen scenes XDD :blobrofl::blobrofl: Not sure if you're up to there yet, but I won't spoil for you, since I want you to experience first hand what it's like.

Anyways, this fic is really a masterpiece and a whirlwind of emotions, some scenes made me cry and I did towards the end, you'll see :blob_teary::blob_teary: but all in all, it's a story you will not regret reading it, because... It's just that good.

I am looking forward to hearing more from you one you read further into this story, but no pressure, when you're free and have the time to :) Since I just felt like having a buddy to hear their opinions to this story as well :) And I also agree that the characters, are very much in-character, especially Lan Zhan's love for Wei Ying, you'll see :bloblove::bloblove:

asckj1 likes this.
  12. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is!! There are a few kisses in season 3. And the awesome thing is, both the VAs for Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian, they haven't been together in the recording booth even once! They have always recorded one at a time!! And the editor Xin Tong has then glued all these pieces together.

Just imagine how good the actors are in the first place to enact strong emotions like kisses, that too when they are recording alone without any queues and yet with the perfect emotions that the characters are feeling during those intense scenes. And the audio editor is also a genius for so perfectly blending in the pieces to make it sound like a coherent kiss. You can get to hear about all this process of what went into creating the audio drama from the free talks for all seasons. Please do hear them too!

This is why I appreciate the huge effort that the audio drama creators have put in for making this series. It is a very challenging to convey emotions only through audio, but this audio drama team has pulled it off wonderfully. They really have set a very high standard for audio drama adaptations with MDZS now.

oh btw, I forgot to tell you. I'm really happy that you liked the MDZS audio drama season 3 final episode video with all the picture transitions. The video isn't like that in the original audio drama. I did this as an extra gift for all followers of Suibian subs since this was the finale episode. I used all the covers from main episodes and extra and tried to match the cover content with the dialogues that were being said in that duration. Spent about 4 hrs trying to sync the images, their transitions from one image to other and the dialogues. But I'm really happy how it turned out :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Ahhh~~! I'm so glad to read that :bloblove::bloblove: You know, I already have an idea for a Modern AU fanfic for WangXian. Let's see how I am able to build it up with all the mdzs characters. :blobpats:

Actually, I haven't really come across many stories of childhood love where the characters are so sacrificial when it comes to their love. That's probably why I really want to push this sort of a story with my hetero couple fic. Though I don't know when or how I'll finish it. It's been sitting in my PC since the past 3 years actually. Never got to finish it though. But I'll try my best to finish it.

OH I've finished reading till chapter 8 of Monotone just yesterday. And I like every single bit of it!! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    Man it hurt to see Wei Wuxian rejecting Lan Wangji like that. Every time I read or see this scenario, it's like someone is forcefully squeezing my heart. I just feel "Wei Wuxian!! Why can't you understand for just this one time??!!! Lan Wangji is practically pouring out his heart to you every single time he sees you!!"

And yep, all characters and their personality traits have been very aptly written.
    I loved the interactions between Jiang Cheng, Jin Ling -the grumpy duo and their interactions with Lan Xichen. I also loved the cute phone messages between Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian.
    And Lan Qiren bringing a notebook full of points for Jingyi's progress during Parent-Teacher meeting was just hilarious! :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy: It's so easy to imagine the grumpy grandpa do this.
    Most of the characters definitely are a lot tormented with their pasts. :blobcry: I'm definitely looking forward to reading further chapters. :aww:

The only thing I felt difficult to digest is Wei Wuxian having short flings in the past. I personally am not fond of this kind of a background for a character. It is of course very human to have something like this, but I guess I'm just have strong opinions about this.

Any amount of angst can be perfectly brought in a story even without this angle were one of the characters is constantly trying to find solace in unhealthy physical relationships just because they are tormented by their situation. I find these sort of personalities fickle at best.

From Wei Wuxian's character that I've been able to understand, he was mentally quite strong due to all the hardships he had repeatedly overcome. So I don't really think that it is in his character to have such short term relationships with whoever. Sure, he might flirt a little bit, but no matter what, even though many might disagree with this, his eyes have been glued to Lan Wangji since a long time ago just like Lan Wangji heart can only accommodate Wuxian. So, if it is the case where he has yet to meet Lan Wangji, he would probably busy himself with other things to keep himself distracted rather than run behind some unhealthy physical relationships.

Sorry if I sound a bit too irritated or forceful :blobsweat_2:This is just one aspect that I don't really enjoy reading. :blobsweat:

That's why, I actually feel that bringing in such relationships in writing actually makes it easier to blend in the angst aspect. The real challenge is to bring in the angst when both partners in the couple are really only looking at each other and there are still tall challenges they try to overcome.

The other thing I felt was, even though Jiang Cheng is really grumpy, I wouldn't really think he would use the f word so frequently. I am well aware that people in Western countries, or probably all around the world actually, do use this word very casually when they speak. But I personally could never get used to it still.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Sauling likes this.
  13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow, really? I have watched the part where they were doing the VA for the Blindfold kiss, and they both were together in the recording booth for that part, from what I remembered, since they were making comments about the 'kiss' that was happening or something. And they were having this lollipop in their mouth to bring out the full effect of the kisses haha(Or did I remember incorrectly?) XD :blobsweat:

But, that all aside, I don't have any doubt that the VA and the Audio Drama Team poured their heart and efforts into giving us this content that remains close and faithful to the novel as much as possible, and I will forever love them and grateful to them for that, because I am sadly disappointed in the Donghua Season 2 for cutting out so many scenes I wanted to see, I didn't even get to see the bridal carry on the bridge when Lan Zhan called out "Wei Ying" revealing to him that he knew it was him all along since he came back :blob_teary: But still, bitterness all aside, the Donghua still holds a special place in my heart, since that was what introduced me to this fandom (story).

Ironically, I do love the Audio Drama a lot for it's faithfulness to the novel, but I haven't finished watching it yet, since originally I planned to wait until it's finished before watching this in one go, but I have seen bits and pieces of the Audio Drama, especially ones where they kiss, and I can say I am absolutely blushing in those scenes, and it didn't disappoint!! :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: I wonder what the VA was thinking when they were voicing those scenes hahahaha.

Omg, are you serious?! :blobfearful::blobfearful::blobfearful: I am in awed with this revelation!!! :blobscream::blobscream::blobscream: No, like seriously, it blended in so well with the Audio Drama, that I originally thought it was done by the Audio Drama Team as something special since it is the ending to the Audio Drama Season 3 Main Story. But, this? I am deeply more thankful to you for the effort and consideration to putting this together for us, because I absolutely adore the ending scenes with the transitions of the covers for the audio drama, along with the Wangxian background music, and the dialogues for each of the scenes transitions, because of what you did, it made the final episode even more memorable, and I'll be honest, that it literally brought me to tears(no joke), and I loved it so much that I just want to cut that part out and save it on my phone so I can watch it over and over again:bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: I love what you did with it, because the transitions and the dialogues that you chose shows the 'developments' that Wangxian has been throughout the entire story from the beginning to the ending. And having their 'Wangxian' song is just even more effective; I'm gonna :blob_teary:

Your efforts is paid off, and I really appreciate it, thanks for this masterpiece, I know it's a lot of work, editing and adding subs on and you even went beyond that and give us something more :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

And I'm not sure if you have seen this yet, but apparently there is a Male Version to XianYun(Wangxian), and honestly, for me personally I really appreciate this Male Version since I always wanted a Male to sing this song, since it's a song that represents Lan Zhan singing this for his love Wei Ying, so I'm thankful to this version. :aww: Not sure if you have seen it yet, but hope you enjoy this version too! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Oh, nice, good luck with writing that and the inspiration you get in writing that, especially when Modern AU is always good and for a change of things, and childhood love is what always gets to me :blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

Yeah, I know what you mean, for me I have other Childhood love that I came to love, like Jerza (Jellal and Erza) from Fairy Tail, happens to be my OTP, but disappointingly, the mangarka disappoints me with the ending... :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless::facepalm::facepalm:Despite Jerza love is canon, but Jellal is just on a self journey to rediscover his purpose and to forgive himself from all the past-wrong doings that he committed when he was controlled by the Darkness. And Erza is in love with him and waits for him on her end. It's just that for me I am not fond of open endings, especially when a pairing deserves a happy closure because they've been through so much, so the mangarka to Fairy Tail has disappointed me so much in this department. Jerza is the pairing I see that deserves a happy ending the most, but they got an open ending... :blobtired:

Anyways, for your fanfic on this hetero couple, good luck with that. You don't have to force yourself to finish it if you don't have inspiration, maybe for now, each time you get inspiration you can write a little about it, and it will be finished eventually, if you know what to write, then you'll end up letting your heart do the writing :) But whenever you feel inspired to write, then just go with the flow.

I'm glad to hear you love it though, and enjoying it :aww: Even though I'm not the writer, but I like hearing other opinions to this fic too, because I share the same love :blobicecreamlove:

Yeah, I know what you mean about Wei Ying hurting Lan Zhan like that, but it's what builds on the story and angst, and not to mention the developments later of the 'before vs after' canon, so I'll tell you this, it will be worth it in the end (in the comparison) :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: But the writer brought out Wei Ying character in that aspect that Wei Ying self-loathe himself, that he doesn't believe that anyone would/can genuinely love him like that (it's not far from canon) considering all that has happened, and he blamed himself for what happened in a lot of areas :( And it brings out the precious and pure love Lan Zhan have for Wei Ying, because he still loves him, and not thinking that his love will be accepted in that sense, and that makes Lan Zhan's love unconditional (as canon, per the novel) in which I love :bloblove:

And I'm glad to hear you feel the characters are aptly written like that, because I feel the same on my end. Oh hahaha, I also love the interactions between Jiang Cheng, Jin Ling and Lan Xichen :blobjoy::blobjoy:

Oh, if you have seen the cute phone messages between Wei Ying and Lan Zhan, then you would have seen how Lan Zhan sang Wei Ying their (Wangxian) song, right? :aww: I love how it strike a sense of 'familiarity' in Wei Ying there. :blobicecreamlove: But it's funny how JingYi helped Lan Zhan set up the online dating profile, and Lan Zhan revealed that he's only interested in Wei Ying XDD. And it's also funny how Jiang Cheng profile states that he is interested in "Male" LOL, but he have to correct himself with a "P.S" that he's interested in Female and he doesn't know how to work that site settings XDD :blobrofl::blobrofl: I just thought I'll add it is extremely adorable how Lan Zhan doesn't know how to use the new generation phone with the whole 'touch screen' part, haha, he's so adorable :blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

Lan Qiren is just like Lan Qiren, not surprising haha XDD And yeah, most of the characters are tormented with their pasts, and as you read on, you'll see how tormented they are, and I absolutely ADORE how Lan Zhan played a role in remedying a situation which helped Wei Ying into being a much happier person later because of it, you'll see :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Oh yes, Wei Ying having short flings in the past is hard for me to digest too, and it's a negative for me in this fic (the only negative by the way), and I have a strong opinion about this too, but for me, I'll just take it that no story is absolutely perfect, so I'll just ignore that part and focus on the other positive aspects that I love, which overshadow this one negative. And at the end of the day, this is only a 'fanfic', and ignoring this one negative, the story will only just going to get better on the development side of things, and in another aspect, I guess we should use this chance to appreciate how in canon, Wei Ying first is with Lan Zhan, and that's what I love about this in the novel :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:
    And you don't need to apologize :) , since I did ask for your opinion about this fanfic, and I wanted to tell you about how I feel on this (negative) too, but I didn't want to spoil the plot for you, so it is nice to hear from your perspectives to this matter, since I feel the same, and I agree, in canon, Wei Ying isn't someone who will have short flings to distract himself, since that's not within him to do so, this is what makes his character so loveable to me, so I will always appreciate MXTX for not taking that route for Wei Ying in canon there.

As for Jiang Cheng, I guess this is just subjective to his character, for me, I can easily see Jiang Cheng is someone who can swear a lot, especially in the Modern setting, since he's always someone who strikes me as having a sharp tongue, and speaks before he thinks, and what he says can really hurt others around him, I guess this is what makes him a tsundere there. But yeah, I guess when it comes to Asian, we hardly use that word, so that word is mostly used in the Western country more often, I think Asian use another word instead of the F* word. But yeah, in the end, Jiang Cheng can be as grumpy to me, and because the language is written in English, they replaced that word with the F* word more frequently, but then again, that's how I see this whole thing, I understand how others don't really get used to this word, so that is fine.

Anyways, look forward to hearing more about it when you read into this further :aww: Thanks again with the opinions, since I do want to talk to someone about this fanfic, to share our thoughts etc, so I do enjoy reading your feelings and opinions to this fanfic :blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

15. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    this thread have the most pages out of all spoiler threads iv seen

16. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 90, done! I found some interesting posts in Twitter, saying that we've passsed the 2nd anniversary of CQL Untamed's filming. Wow, awesome! Thank you again to the A-Ling team for bringing the live-drama series to the world !!! :aww::aww::aww:

Sexy times with Wangxian

17. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahaha, yeah, MDZS is so wildly popular and having such passionate fans that we can't really help talk about it so much :blobxd:

Aaahh! I know which extra you are referring to, it's the Phoenix Mountain highlights extra. But I think you've misunderstood. All such highlights do have both Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji's VAs speaking with the production staff and also recording. But like I wrote in my previous post. They have never recorded in the studio by sitting together in the recording booth! The behind the scenes of these recordings have also been stitched together. And this fact about both the VAs never recording together has also been told by Kuo Hao Jun, who's the producer of this audio drama. In one of the free talks, she had mentioned this that actually a lot of the fans also used to ask her if the Vas recorded the dialogues together and that's when she had once again clarified that they always recorded separately. Btw, this is not because of any specific reason, it's just how their recordings were scheduled. Wei Wuxian's VA is a pretty famous VA actually and has been in the industry for many years. Also there might have been some other constraints on the recording booths due to which craming too many people might not be possible for recording faster or something.

The only other person who used to be inside the recording booth with either Wei Wuxian's or Lan Wangji's VA was Tute Hameng, who is the recording director of this audio drama.

See? That is why I was saying that these VAs are such awesome actors. They never sat down together even once for recording even the intimate scenes and yet they have the perfect emotions for each incidence and their godly editor Xin Tong is done a wonderful job of blending their voices together.

OOf donghua S2... I don't know why they felt like adding so many fillers. Even if they are hell bent on removing any bl elements, they could have stuck to the plot. They're stirred the plot too much. The visuals are too stunning though. All characters are so ultra handsome!! But yeah, just like you, I'll also be grateful to this donghua for pulling me into the MDZS world.

Hahaha, yeah audio drama is the bestestest of all the adaptations. Actually if I were to arrange them I'd say Novel > Audio Drama > CQL (The Untamed) > Manhua > Donghua

I think the Vas are too professional,so they might not really feel too much when recording the kiss. You already heard how the recording of Wei Wuxian's VA for the kiss was, they were joking around so much and with the lollipop distracting them, I doubt they get into that sort of romantic mood at all :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:
    And Lan Wangji's VA was analyzing the whole dialogues and was thinking hard on how to act out the kiss properly :blobxd: They have such different things going on their mind that we can imagine really. We only hear the final product, so we experience things like a kiss much differently that how the VAs experience it.

I'm very glad to read you enjoyed it :blobrofl::bloblove: :blobpats:
    Oh and I must also clarify, I did the whole image transitioning part by myself, i.e., choosing the proper images to fit the dialogues, then timing them at the correct points to transition from one image to other and of course making a proper video out of it. But the montage of dialogues in the audio was already present in the episode released by the audio drama creators. I wanted to boost the emotions of the dialogues that were put one after the other, in a visual format for greater impact. That's why I did it.:blobxd:

Also, please feel free to cut out that part of the video and replay it as many times as you want. It's all for us MDZS fans to enjoy! :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Oh! But WangXian in both audio drama and donghua has been sung by men. I'll do check out this video though. Thank you for sharing :blobicecreamlove:

Aah! I haven't read Fairy Tail or watched the anime, so can't really say anything. But I do understand how disappointed ne can be when their ship doesn't sail. I mean that happened with Bleach for me. I mean Ichigo and Rukia are SOULMATES!!! But the author trolled us all in the end... I can't accept the pairing both end up in. Renji and Rukia, maaybe but still, I feel that the only guy for Rukia is Ichigo and for Ichigo, of course is is only Rukia because his relationship development with Orihime feels really fake. But with Rukia, it's a natural affinity his character has.

Oh I so agree! Whenever one feels inspired, the heart WILL do the writing! :blobsmilehappyeyes:

OOf , its raining here with thundering right now. I'll write on Monotone in my next post. :blobcatblush:

Kumo723 likes this.
  18. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 91 is completed!

Sexy times with Wangxian

19. Sauling

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm, that is quite surprising for me, since I thought the Pheonix Mountain highlights Extra, they were recording it together for that scene, as they were making comments about it. But wow, this is actually quite interesting, and I can tell through your reply that you are very passionate about the Audio Drama on your end.

To be honest, I much support the Chinese Audio Drama/DongHua VA's (I know the VA are different between these two adaptations, but I personally really love the Donghua VA on my end too). I loved it over the other dubbed versions (Japanese) etc, because Chinese is more natural to me, the Japanese made me can't really take it seriously, with the changes of the names etc, and I don't mean to sound like I'm forcing my opinions on others, but this is my personal preference, because, yes, I have a strong opinion about this where I love the Chinese Dub as my only preference, since that's more natural to me, and not to mention that they stick to the original character names that I've grown fond of. In truth, I'm not all fond of the Japanese Dub on my end, but I'm not against others who loves it in general, I just felt like I want to make this comment to state my preference. Looking at this, I'm always in a dilemma when MDZS becomes popular, I mean, on one one side, I am happy that it gains more recognition, but on the other side, with more recognition it gains, it will undoubtedly attracts more negatives/haters there. Which I don't want.

But that all aside, I do know that the Audio Drama Team and the VA really pour their heart into giving us something like this, a masterpiece, so I will always appreciate the Audio Drama (Chinese Version).

I guess, we both have somewhat a mix-feelings for the Donghua. I don't like how they changed and added so many fillers, they really could have stuck to the plot. I was looking forward to seeing A-Yuan meeting Lan Zhan the first time and Lan Zhan buying toys for him, and that was removed, that whole flashack was a complete disappointment, but in the end, negatives aside, the visuals are stunning indeed, and the characters are indeed ultra handsome!!

I actually think Lan Zhan is handsome in the donghua, so I disagree to those who said he's ugly :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless: Donghua Lan Zhan design is still handsome!!! (don't mind me here, because this stir up some past-debate I had with someone online...)

Haha, nice to know your ranking, although I figured the Audio Drama will rank first in terms of adaptation side of things. I think for me, it would be the same too, even though I didn't really finish the Audio Drama and the Manhua, but in terms of faithfulness to the original source material(Novel), that would be my ranking order too.

Ahahah, yes, I saw that part where they have the lollipop in their mouths, and I think in that scene, it felt like the VA of Lan Zhan seems like he was playing out Wei Ying's role instead???:blobrofl::blobrofl: (but that was hilarious hahaha)

OMG, this topic is making me blush thinking about it, haha, but we are thankful to the team for putting this together for us!! At least we have one adaptation (Audio Drama) that followed closely to the novel!! :blobparty::blobparty::blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Oh yup, that I already know, I'm still grateful that you put the scenes together for us for a greater impact, because it sure worked :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

Thanks, I definitely will on my end! :cookie:

No in the Donghua one, it''s sang by HITA (and that's a female singer) unfortunately :( So I was disappointed that they got a female to sing the Wangxian song in the Donghua :blobtired:

Not sure if you heard the Male Version to XianYun (Wangxian Donghua version), the video link I shared last time, but I hope you have since it personally gave me all the feels when listening to that music :aww:

Oh, I heard about how fans weren't happy with the endgame for Bleach there. To be honest, I lowkey shipped Renji and Rukia because I love how they have that 'childhood' together (I told you these childhood stories attracts me) and I always known that Renji loved Rukia and they used to be closed back then, but I shipped them without actually thinking they will be canon, since I thought that it's going to be Ichigo and Rukia, so when I found out about that endgame (Renji and Rukia) I was pleasantly surprised in that sense since my ship sailed??? I didn't think they will be canon because of Rukia and Ichigo to be honest.. So I was shocked. I don't hate the outcome of Rukia and Renji if I were to be honest, since I did lowkey shipped them, but I can understand why fans felt upset about Ichigo and Orihime since I don't know where that came from. I never want to partake in these shipping wars to be honest, so everytime when this whole shipping war comes up, I'll just say "I love Rukia and Byakuya platonic relationship on my end :blobcheeky:"

Well, I guess Bleach endgame is similar to Naruto endgame, where fans disliked it. I never really got into Naruto myself so no comment there lol.

I guess for me, with the whole shipping, the one that touched me most was Gin and Rangiku, that's literally could be said is borderline OTP for me, but Gin have to die!!:blob_teary: (Stupid Aizen!!!:blobtriumph:)

Good luck with that! :blobhighfive::blobhighfive:

Haha, okay, looking forward to hearing your replies and opinions on Monotone in your next post :blobowoevil::blobhug:

asckj1 likes this.
  20. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, it's not just the Phoenix Mountain Highlights which is like that, all other highlights with all other VAs are like that too. All the VAs sit alone inside the booth to record. Only the recording director may be with them inside sometimes. And when the audio drama released any such behind the scenes, it was always bits and pieces of recording stitched together. You can make this out by the small pauses in audio sometimes. between two segments.

Ahahaha, do I sound too maniacal? :blobcheeky::blobcheeky: I did follow the audio drama extremely closely, not just because I loved it, but also because I've subbed so many extras and a few main episodes of S2 and S3. So I could easily catch up on these small details everywhere. I really enjoyed the free talks. That's the source from which the you can understand these details as well.

Aah! I do understand the what you mean. I prefer CN audio too for MDZS. Though I must say that I haven't really heard the JP version of it because of too less time amongst all the subbing work I'm already doing :blob_teary: But yeah, since MDZS is a story in CN language to begin with, it would naturally sound good in any adaptation in CN language too. But sine things like multiple language adaptations are inevitable with such a huge popularity of a story, we just have to filter out unnecessary things :blobtongue:

Someone actually thought donghua Lan Wangji isn't good looking?! WHAT PART?! If he isn't handsome then there's no such things as the Earth we are living on!! I mean, it's as natural as breathing that he is so ultra handsome in donghua!!! Are they sure they didn;t mistake Wen Chao for Lan Wangji in the donghua? :blobtired:

I think with the donghua adaptation, because it came out much before CQL, the animators were very cautious about showing any BL moments at all. But probably future donghua might become a bit lax in this aspect. But regardless, there are hints here are there in donghua S2 as well. Especially in Ep 8 where Lan Wangji picks food from his plate and transfers it to Wei Wuxian's plate. And the way he kneels in front of Wei Wuxian in that scene in the forest saying something like, "It wasn't your fault". My god! My heart actually jumped out when i first saw it! It was such a sweetest gesture!! :blobrofl::blobrofl::bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:

S2 was a disappointed because on top of adding all these filler to compensate for cutting all BL moments, they also rushed the story too much. There are many incidences like when WangXian find Jin Ling in the wall in Nie territory, Jiang Yanli defending Wei Wuxian, Of course, the scene you mentioned where Lan Wangji has lunch with Wei Wuxian and A-Yuan, these simply weren't upto the mark or completely removed. Let's just hope S3 will not be rushed and give good closure to MDZS story.

Oh, I rank the novel at the top because that is the source of all the adaptations. If the novel had not been made, the other adaptations would have never occurred. That's why the original source material will always the top for me.

Hahaha. Yup very thankful to the team and especially thr VAs for even giving us such sweet BL moments through their voices even though they are all straight men. :blobxd:

:bloblove::blobicecreamlove:

I'm very sorry. I haven't yet. Because something stirred away my attention :blobsmilehappyeyes: I wrote a small fanfic trying to write WangXian in a highschool setting. Here it is -> https://archiveofourown.org/works/23757100

After talking to you about trying to write a modern AU WangXian fanfic, some ideas were swirling in my head. And this scenario that I've tried to expanded on in above link is one of them. Please read it when you get time and of course, please feel absolutely free to critic/comment.

But that said, I'll definitely listen to the song and write about it in my next post.

Oh interesting to read you had the Renji-Rukia ship which sailed. And it's understandable since you also love childhood sweethearts and their tales. For me, Ichigo and Rukia were absolutely made for each other. And I read that the mangaka was going to make them end up together too, but something happened and he changed the ending couples. Oh well :blobconfounded: At least I got to see their funny interactions in the very first arc in the anime.

:blobsalute::blobsalute::blobsalute:

Oh, I've reached till c12 of Monotone now. And I must say, I think I partially got sick myself because I read Wei Wuxian becoming a wreck. :blob_teary: It just hit me too hard I think :blobconfounded:Him blaming himself for things he didn't even do and then getting drunk till his liver is about to explode really pushed me in depression. WangXian have become such absolute favorites for me that I can;t really stand this sort of torture now which doesn't stick to their original characters.

The part I absolutely hated was Wei Wuxian sleeping around with anybody and everybody. Like I also mentioned in my last post, I personally don't enjoy this type of scenario. And in the original novel, Wei Wuxian is tormented by horrible things, and yet he has never ever laid his hands on anybody for seeking some comfort from his eternal torment. The author of Monotone, does start out with lines suggesting that Wei Wuxian didn't like to indulge in unhealthy relationships at first, but after he harmed his Jiejie unintentionally, he started doing these horrible things. I still feel personally tormented by this exact aspect. It is of course the author's win here since I'm feeling like this. But I just don't like Wei Wuxian like this. :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: This dirty way in which he has been depicted :notlikeblob::notlikeblob::notlikeblob: And the dirty way in which he also tried to tell Lan Wangji to have his way with Wei Wuxian... It was too frustrating:blobtired: Lan Wangji handles the situation very nicely. But it's such a such a such a big insult to him what Wei Wuxian of Monotone story tried to pull on Lan Wangji. He isn't into Wei Wuxian for his body. He genuinely loves Wei Wuxian's soul. Loves him enough that in the original MDZS too, even though Wei Wuxian is in Mo Xuanyu's body, Lan Wangji still loves him just as much and even more that he used to in his younger years.

I only felt comfortable when Wei Wuxian finally woke up the next day and ate a proper meal with Lan Wangji. The whole scenario with Wei Wuxian trying to figure out Lan Wangji's super expensive shower was really hilarious! Classical music in full volume while cold water is dowsing him :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: Also, Lan Wangji offering Wei Wuxian a typewriter to watch Netflix on it was too hilarious :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Oh, and Shen Qingqiu and Luo Binghe's guest appearances were a pleasant surprise :blobxd:

Looking forward to more WangXian fluff.

Sauling likes this.