Realist Hero anime announced

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Kuroihagane, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    Knowing the anime industry these days.... It'll most likely butcher the series. :blobpensive: So I'll most likely just stick with the original source which is the novel. :blobsmirk:

Unless it's done by Ufotable. :aww:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    Skaistise likes this.
  2. Kuroihagane

Kuroihagane Investi-gathor

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think ufotable will take any project outside fate universes

3. Anon Ymous

Anon Ymous Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they have lots of others before fate but they are too"old" for young people to know
    i hope they the anime won't simply stop at the rebellion arc or before

4. Chrono Vlad

Reading List:
    Link
    Which is a shame. :blobpensive:

Or just around 12-13 episodes for the sake of advertising the novel and there's the issue if its gonna follow the original source or go full anime original or mixed of two. :blobconfused:

5. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it gets a lot worse later on when the author throws out his whole "realist" to start embracing his harem. Now I don't like harem too much in general, but it's one of the worse takes.

Specifically, after the war he asks what they would like as a reward, to which the elves ask him to marry his eleven guard. And MC was like sure okay. Then that Juno asks to marry him too and MC is like, sure but later.

Set aside how he is treating the harem, the bigger political issue is this. I can understand if marriage was an agreement for elves joining them as part of the kingdom. Political marriages for territory is not uncommon. BUT, you should NOT make marriage as a reward for being in a war unless that faction is literally the biggest contributor and its a major war and that faction already has a lot of support and even then that brings question if one should do it.

Because next time there is a war, every faction is gonna bring you someone to marry for their contributions. And if you decline them, then they will start thinking, well you let this new faction get marriage as a reward, while we who have been working for this kingdom for decades have been turned down? Okay, we see that you give favoritism to this new faction while not giving us any face and probably thinking of suppressing us.

The next time there is a war, they either won't show up or back stab you.

So effectively the author dumped "realism" in favor of "harem building".

6. Chrono Vlad

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the term your looking for is petite because she's no way near being a loli :blobpeek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ]

7. Cashew Farmer

Cashew Farmer Fastest horse in the land

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright, she's not a loli. I'll just call her underdeveloped since that's how she's described in the novel.

Chrono Vlad likes this.
  8. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To date, only Ufotable has done justice to original sources as far as I know.