Recommendations Kingdom building, bringing guns against swords.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Caspi, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Caspi

Caspi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm looking for something like Release that Witch where the protagonist brings in modern assets in a fantasy/medieval settings. No, It should be that the mc makes them using what he has and not be reincarnated with a bunch of tech at the start.

2. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Tales of the Reincarnated Lord is a favorite of mine and has what you're describing but the start is abysmally slow because it starts more as a slice-of-life novel about the MC and doesn't switch to Kingdom building until later. Also, it takes him a long time to make guns and he instead invents catapults. And he never manages to make glass or concrete.
    Common Sense of a Duke's daughter has a lot of technology introduction but it is a shoujo and didn't have any large battles in the parts I read.
    The Defeated Dragon might get there eventually but it is also slow paced and the MC is not particularly likeable.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe 'Gate – Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri'

4. Drake888

Drake888 That one guy. You know, the one over there.

Reading List:
    Link
    Totally forgot to recommend Isekai Tensei Soudouki. It doesn't have exactly what you are talking about yet but I believe that it will get there.

5. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    A Hero's War, more like technology uplift rather than kingdom building with MCs as central figures of development
    Akuyaku Reijo Ni Koi Wo Shite
    Rakuin no Monshou, gun and sword story setting, they use guns but because human depleted their resources and record it make gun less sophsticated than our counterpart.
    Mother of Learning, guns are still in early development but they sure can kill mages and monsters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Illustration from Maquia: The Promised Flower Blooms​