Spoiler The Abandoned Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Regalia1896, Jul 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosie.rose

rosie.rose Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not an Allen's fan or a Ruve's fan. For that reason, I still don't understand why many people who hate Allen can become Ruve's fans. Hm, I'm not going to offend Ruve and his fans or anyone else, I just have a doubt. :blob_teary:

In my opinion, Allen is like a Ruve substitute. When he showed up his yandere side, many people who had hated Ruve before changed their intense hatred to Allen and forgot their hatred to Ruve. It's just because Allen seems to be more cruel and ambitious than Ruve. However, their actions are alike and the reasons behind those actions is just not on and selfish. They easily forgive Ruve after the traumas which Tia went through. I mean they forgive him because he proved gentle like a Disney prince, begged for her love a few times, knelt down to propose her, change his attitude to Tia because he was curious about her as she was scared of him and... she will love him in the end. :blobdizzy:

When he was 15 in the first and second life, he was jealous of her, disliked her as Jeremiah saved her daughter Tia instead of him. He always felt lower than Tia, envious of her because of his humble birth. He's kinda a man who doesn't want his partner to be more successful than him and is embarrassed at her career. If Tia did not change from being unemotional to being lively, I'm sure she would go through the trauma in her first life again.

That’s so strange. :blobpensive:

2. Mis Occ

Mis Occ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's okay you can truly see in this novel how FICTIONAL CHARACTERS CHOSE FICTIONAL DECISIONS. So there is no point for you trying to make a sense in the characters decisions. Same with how the author deliberately made Allen a psycho so she can rightfully ship her with the prince which is :blob_coughblood:.
    Many people thinks so too that's why many abandoned this novel. Logically, it should have been the trash prince who should go back in time so he can have a second chance and genuinely redeem himself but no, the author made the victim who had suffered so much do the effort of changing herself instead of having the carefree life she so deserved, I felt this is lowkey victim shaming/blaming of the author. Last but not the least reason is how is anyone supposed to be ok with their relationship when she's literally going to end up with her would-be r*pist and have a constant trigger to her PTSD??
    Let's forgive rapists/killers/kidnappers/abusers because they were under drugs effects. This completely nullifies their bad actions. Poor babies, they weren't in their tight mind! They are just MiSUndeRstOOd. It was that bad bad drug's fault, they didn't mean to completely ruin someone else's life so everything is okay. Tomorrow I'm planning to do cocaine and maybe rob a bank, they will forgive me because you know, drugs. It's no wonder the author is being bashed by sensitive/easily triggered people. Even a rat has more self-respect than the MC.

WinnieS, wrongmind69 and rosie.rose like this.
  3. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    Look, I've been polite and patient so far, but now I've really gotta ask why you're still on this thread when it's clear that you don't like the story or actually reading the spoilers we've been giving you.
    I will reiterate, for the umpteenth time: 1st Timeline Ruve's Actions are Rationalized BUT NEVER EXCUSED.
    Tia never actually forgives him. When Jieun brings up that he may have loved her Tia actually gets pissed off at that very notion. While yes the story makes it clear he was under an influence, his actions are never portrayed as anything less than monstrous and he ultimately dies a tragic, lonely, pitiful death without the knowledge that he can't even be with Tia in death because she's reincarnated and hates him. He was manipulated by Jenna but his decisions are ultimately shown to be his own.

The ONLY REASON why 2nd Timeline Ruve has an iota of a chance is because he's ultimately A DIFFERENT PERSON SEPARATE FROM THE 1ST TIMELINE.
    This is because it would be insane to attribute the 1st timeline's actions TO A CHILD. A dick of a child sure, but he hadn't done any of that stuff yet and Tia doesn't give him the time of day until he stops being a dick. This isn't just some "secret good side Tia brought out" he's portrayed as having grown into a completely different person from his 1st timeline self entirely post-time skip. This is a pretty big thing that's hard to miss because it's noted that he's like a complete stranger to Jieun who came back just for revenge against him and would have let Tia die just to spite him otherwise. And even then as other people have detailed he STILL gets a real rough time trying to get with Tia, heck post-timeskip after he finds out about the first timeline they're awkward acquaintances at best.

And Allen? THAT was foreshadowed early on too. You don't find it suspicious that someone who's explicitly stated to be incredibly calculating, intelligent, and conniving for their age suddenly proposes to Tia out of the blue before they've ever known each other for more than five sentences? Or that Tia was the ONLY person he treats with decency? Or that he acts completely differently when she's not around? Or if you looked at their interactions in their sweetheart phase that Allen barely tells her anything about himself outside of a surface level? He's meant to show how incredibly unlikely and incredibly dangerous it would be to assume you'd run into your true love so early especially if you don't know much about them (NONE of Tia's other relationships move as fast yet have her learn so little as Allendis) and how easily manipulated an emotionally starved person can be (a MAJOR theme in this story btw).

None of this (Tia's relationships, Ruve, Allendis, Carsein, etc.) was a shocking swerve by the way. This was all a gradual progression that you could see from start to finish if you'd followed along.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude but ALL OF THIS was stated already over and over and over.

4. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    I can answer this!
    For your first question, it's a matter of love language(basically how we display affection, this is a pretty subtle theme in the story, there are 5 of them btw if you wanna look them up). Ruve wanted someone affectionate with him (i.e., Words of Affirmation, Physical Touch, Quality Time) while Tia displayed it through her deeds as queen (Acts of Service). It never really occurred to Ruve that Tia's way of showing love was through her devotion and work, especially since in childhood he'd been starved for affection.

For the next part, it's actually a brilliant combination of two things: First, is that her Father and all previous family heads were apparently magically bound to be loyal to the Emperor through an oath they take when they take over if I recall correctly. Acting against the king would result in death, and speaking out against Tia's execution would technically count as acting against the Emperor's will. Next, is that he's already been accused/at least suspected of orchestrating an assassination attempt on the Empress. Even if he did call out it would've been pointless since it's unlikely anyone would believe him. Hope this helps!

On a side note Tia really was the whole pillar of the Empire. After her death everything crumbled even after Jenna took over.

5. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    Ironic that you're also doing what you're accusing the one you quoted.
    I would like receipts on your statement that the author deliberately made Allen a psycho. I can respect if this is an opinion but you seem so sure on this that I believe this should have proof. Either give the receipts or tag this as your opinion.

If you want your redemption fantasy, go write a fanfic, the author isn't obliged to cater to your request. And if you want Ruve to be an MC, then, by all means, let's kick Tia as well. Since Ruve is gonna be MC and not her.

This is the most stupid thing. The MC is the MC because they have the biggest development compared to anyone else. It doesn't matter how or what the context is. The role of the story is to show that this character, as the main one, undergoes development, whether you approve of their development or not. As long as it happens, all things are peachy . Just because it triggers you, doesn't mean the author has to crap the development because you, as a reader, can't take it. YOU ARE NOT THE MC. Stop acting like it personally happened to you. IT HAPPENED ON A FICTIONAL CHARACTER. IF IT TRIGGERS YOU. DONT READ IT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

Oh fuck this. So you approved of author bashing because the story didn't end your and other people's way? It is the most entitled thing ever more so since you didn't pay for anything to read or understood this story. You could have just read it, decided that it doesn't suit your tastes and leave it alone. Instead, here you are, continuing to screech at anyone else because you felt it is your role to disagree. Disagree all you want but at least be honest to admit that yes, you're ENTITLED.

Don't be sorry for every word you wrote and posted. Sadly, entitled readers like her/him aren't gonna be swayed because they have this mentality that the author has to cater for them. Sometimes, I think these types are attention-seeking people who don't have anything else to read to continue doing this for no reason. I am not gonna be surprised if they fabricated things in the story and about the author just to prove their point.

6. AngelRose79

AngelRose79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does someone know why there is no update ? :blobcry:

7. Mis Occ

Reading List:
    Link
    Awww~ butthurt? Even if you tell me I'm entitled or whatever shit you may label me as but it doesn't make my words any less true. The author did a poor job of executing her own plot.

Pearl1995, wrongmind69 and 322098054 like this.
  8. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Corona? Maybe?

AngelRose79 likes this.
  9. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, please, not at all. But if you want to show more how entitled you are, do so.
    How true is your statements when it is fiction after all? It 's all made up, and you just can't help but being triggered and pretend to be helpless?

I believe the reverse but coming to from your very high ivory tower, I am surprised you know how to execute a plot when PTSD and all your mumbo jumboo isn't the point of the story at all. At any rate, you have shown to be willfully ignorant of the story and plot, so I wouldn't even expect you to make sense of a plot much more write one.

10. salaza189

salaza189 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is the shrine that I could give my thanks to you two who were very patient to answer all those posts? I gave up a long time ago :facepalm:

Honestly, what's going with people who keep trying to talk like Tia could overcome her trauma very easily. She NEVER forgives 1st Ruve. She just came to accept that 2nd was a different person. Even with all that, she harbored her insecurity and pain until the night before wedding. Deep in her heart, even with all the love Ruve showed her, she was still scared of being abandoned again when Ruve loved another woman. Only when he swore to love only her with his life that she could be free. That's how deep her trauma went.

She even remembered the date of her death in the first life. But in this life, it's the day where she received the news of her pregnancy. That's the end of her tragedy. She has never overcome it easily.

11. Mis Occ

Reading List:
    Link
    lol its you who is triggered by my criticism. What's wrong pointing things the author is ignorant about it? You're just mad like how I pointed out how the "trash prince was only bad bc he was drugged by this super convenient and evil drugs that make him completely BlAmEleSs!"
    PTSD isn't curable so I genuinely can't even fathom how people are getting behind that relationship with their whole chests. no seriously, if people ship that shit they need to get a fucking grip.
    People with their cognitive dissonance.

wrongmind69 likes this.
  12. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL no receipts so you made it up
    Guess whose pants are on fire.

Why should the author care about PTSD?
    Not the point of the story so why the urgent need to have a spotlight for it?
    You're the one making it about PTSD.
    Shows that you really don't know anything unless it's your agenda.

13. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU FOR THE SPOILERS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE EFFORT OF TRANSLATING THIS BY THEMSELVES

HONEST REVIEW:

This story started off pretty good. It didn't deviate much from the cliche, but it was still entertaining. I liked the main character, Aristia, because she's smart, decisive, and determined. I also love that she becomes a knight and breaks free from the stereotypical isekai protagonist role. Which is why I think she definitely did NOT deserve the ending that she got.

That's right, I'm talking about who she ends up with in the end. However, I'm not mad for the reason that most other people are--I'm not mad because he's a shitty person. I'm mad because he's f*ckING BORING.

As you've probably read, a lot of people are frustrated that she ends up with Ruve, who repeatedly mistreated Aristia for all the wrong reasons, and even went on to r*pe her and kill her and her unborn child. Yes, she led an absolutely miserable life with an absolutely miserable ending, thanks to him. And yes, this is absolutely his fault. People try to justify it with "But he was drugged!" or "He was not in the right state of mind!" but in the end the blame partially falls on him and there is no denying that.

However, that isn't what I'm mad about, because that was a previous timeline. The Ruve in this timeline is different, because he hasn't experienced the same things. He doesn't have any memories of the previous life, so it's unfair to judge him based on what he did before. He turned out to be a rapist and a murderer due to the lies and deceit he was fed for years, not to mention depression and a serious inferiority complex. Again, I'm not justifying his past actions--he was a f*cking TERRIBLE person and no one should have to go through what Aristia did. I'm just saying the Ruve of this timeline didn't go through the same things, so he's not the same Ruve as before.

So, we have to look at Ruve objectively based on the second timeline--the one we're currently in.

But EVEN when we examine him as a person in the second timeline, he's a terrible male lead. Not a terrible person, but a terrible male lead. He does nothing worthwhile throughout the entire novel. He has no defining personality traits other than... being in love with the MC? That's like the only thing we know about his character. Yeah, he is the most GENERIC character ever written, almost like a "template" male lead. I just don't understand. Why is literally every other character in this novel more fleshed out than the MAIN LEAD?

• Allendis has his possessive yandere thing going on, and this is elaborated on and his motives are explained in the novel. The reader may or may not even sympathize with him. But we learn about his personality and how he grew to love Aristia, so he feels genuine.

• Carsein is bright, determined, and energetic. He's supportive of Aristia and while he doesn't really get much "screen time", so to speak, most readers still absolutely adore him because of his loveable personality. In fact, if you look at the comments section of the manga, it looks like around 99% of the readers want him to be endgame.

• Now what does Ruve have? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I'm so frustrated because he's the one who is talked about the most, has the most history with Aristia, and is literally the MALE LEAD and yet he is the most BLAND and UNINTERESTING character in the series.

So, to all Ruve supporters who gave this series a high rating, tell me: would you still want Aristia to end up with him if he wasn't the future emperor? LOL. No. Admit it, that's the only thing he's got going for him--being an attractive prince.

I'm just... so disappointed. Like please, Aristia is a great female lead and she can definitely do better than THIS guy. I'm also kind of disappointed in myself for reading this far, as it was very obvious how this would end all along. I don't know what I was expecting.

Another thing I need to complain about is the "Child of God" bullsh*t and her weird ass "powers" that weren't even really used in the novel. So, why was adding that even necessary? I think Aristia would have actually been a more compelling MC without all that special snowflake bullshit. It didn't even add anything to the plot or the story, and it just felt like an incredibly stupid deus ex machina.

14. wrongmind69

wrongmind69 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, there are signs that the MC HAS PTSD. I mean the flashbacks she had in the beginning of the book whenever she met the prince SAYS IT ALL. It's not about agenda. More about paying attention and the symptoms of it. Bruh, she deadass passed out when she saw him again in the beginning of the 2nd TL. I think you're the one who doesn't really even understand the subject matter. The author made the beginning of their relationship in the 2nd TL with JUST PTSD. Don't hate the messenger.

That's why I want to know how the author feels about this because that was ending was just horrendous.
    Also to support you point, this was a comment I made responding to someone saying that it was a fun fact that the prince was drugged:

"That's cool and all, but that still shouldn't take away her PTSD. The trauma is still there. For her OWN mental health, I would still, never in this lifetime or the next, ship her with him. If the author introduced such a heavy topic they best pick a realistic route based off of the main character's development alone. I feel bad for the prince in that aspect, but his face is still plastered onto his body that did all of those actions in her first life. Even if he didn't have control over it. If I'm being honest, it just seems like lazy writing on the author's part to keep the fl with the Prince. Despite her development. Those flashbacks of PTSD shouldn't just magically disappear just because there was a 'justification' because at the end of the day, before he was poisoned, he still was somewhat shitty to her just because she was smarter than him. And he hated her for how she responded regarding a question about her mom."

Mis Occ, shelldon, Pearl1995 and 3 others like this.
  15. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr. If the prince weren't pathetically trying being a bit kind in 2nd TL, I would have believed the MC has Stockholm syndrome, lmao.

wrongmind69, Pearl1995 and rosie.rose like this.
  16. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its people like you and the author how mental illnesses today are still being undermined and are not being treated seriously.

17. ATrueStory

Reading List:
    Link
    Fair take. I don't agree with all of it but I have my own expectations with this and this view seems not to be in alignment.
    Re: ML. Either he's rapey or boring. That's the only choice of ML in romance novels. The female lead has to shine, you know.

I'm sorry, I thought I was reading your typical historical novel shit. I didn't know I should be reading a material on how PTSD mix with romance should play out.
    However, this isn't an introspection novel about how PTSD mixed with romance. It's not even a realistic description of both factors.
    I don't care about it. I care about worldbuilding and politics. I care how the factions work. How people scheme things and manipulate factions. I'm looking at system level here.
    PTSD doesn't interest me. And this material is more than PTSD. Or whatever psychiatric thing you can pull out of this.
    Even if this has PTSD, it's still a very myopic view. Some readers can actually move past that. I can understand if you can't but it feels like everything else is canceled or disregarded because of that. As I said, there is much more. If you can't pass that, it's for you to decide if you want to continue or not. If you cant continue, don't begrudge others for doing so.
    I don't have high expectations for romance in fantasy pieces like this because it's unrealistic.
    And people here seem that somehow expect this as a realistic portrayal of these things in RL.
    Did anyone really missed the fantasy tag in this?

Missed the tag?
    if you can't separate real people from fictional characters, I dunno what to tell you.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  18. Mis Occ

Reading List:
    Link
    AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHY I POINTED OUT HOW FICTIONAL CHARACTERS IN THIS NOVEL CHOSE FICTIONAL DECISIONS, THE MC DID HER CHOICE WHICH NO SANE PERSON WOULD HAVE DONE. A SEVERE/EXTREME PTSD SUCH AS HERS WOULD MAKE HER CHOICE MISGUIDED. SO THERE IS NO POINT TRYING TO MAKE SENSE. NO SANE PERSON WOULD STILL LOVE SOMEONE WHO MADE YOU SUFFER AND THE ONE WHO CAUSED YOUR OWN DEATH.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    shelldon, WinnieS and rosie.rose like this.
  19. Clars

Clars Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Look guys.... all about PTSD ....yeah....it needs attention....and care....at some point those who say that 1st ruve causes the PTSD and hencenyou cannot comprehend how she ends up with him....and all.....guys .....let's give it a thought.....ofc...no one would like to choose the same person who caused them harm in their 1st life again in their 2nd life....it's also quite common in reincarna (tion tropes to get revenge for all the wrong deeds that those chars have done to the MC even before the feeds are done in the 2nd life time).....you guys say that PTSD wasn't given attention to and all....but guys she was given the love she didn't have ( or more probably she thought she didn't have) in her first life.......this time the love given to her was not from shadows ...it was open to world like a day......she was given care , love and was surround by people whom she could trust....a person who has tragic past will and can overcome the fear of his trauma....with these things which were given to her.... so at some point.....I think the author gave attention to the PTSD not in the form of ......uhh.... like it's a problem ....no she gave signs she has PTSD.....but then she gave attention to PTSD by giving attention on hiw to heal it.....now just because it is healed....doesn't mean she forgave 1st ruve. .... she just ( i guess...ok?) saw 2nd ruve in a light.....she this time didn't painted him with the colors of 1st ruve. ....because she understood that those deeds are not happening in 2nd life......I know...sometimes it's hard to like those stories where the MC falls in love with someone who had hurt her in past life......but even still The 2nd ruve didn't hurt her.... so let's not paint the 2nd rule with the colors of 1st ruve. .... guys I am not defending or justifying the 1st ruve. ...what 1st ruve did was bad and wrong ....and it will stay bad and wrong...tho a bit would be like he had a sad past too.....he didn't know love and all......and a little should and could be forgiven in the name ....by only a little...and it's ok if you hate 1st ruve..Tia hates him too remember....... ... I am defending and justifying the 2nd rule......

20. Xylade

Xylade Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Quite a generalization you have there, either you're playing ignorant or haven't read a lot of romance novels. :hmm:

wrongmind69 and Clars like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.