Spoiler The Stereotypical Life of a Reincarnated Lady

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by the Legendary Frog, Apr 2, 2020.

1. BoredNovelFinder

BoredNovelFinder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the prophecy from the webtoon:

What does that even mean? MC assumed the last part meant her death. It might not actually be the case. Her mind is operating under the influence of otome villain stories but her whole life inside this world might have nothing to do with said otome story. If anything, she sounds like a mob character. She truly is an unreliable narrator.

Meri likes this.
  2. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that in this circumstance, it's poorly written because it could be reasoned out in a lot of ways. None of the maids seem to care enough for her to want to explain anything. Even if they wanted to explain, they're too low in the social circle to even think of mentioning that to MC. Same issue with the butler.

As for the personal aide, he must have his reasons. So far, he really doesn't have to explain anything to her. He's ML's aide, not hers. As far as he's concerned, he's done exactly what he needs to do. Also, I think at this point, he's playing it by ear. More than wanting to support MC in any way he can, I believe he's making use of the events to hopefully teach ML to do what he's supposed to do as the fiance of MC and Duke of the household. He probably already knows things aren't looking too good for his master but the Duke is not a child who the aide has to lead along to do what's right. Well, I'm trying to understand it from his viewpoint anyway.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right but I recall Serenia being the only one who makes sense and advices ML to actually talk to MC to clear out certain misunderstandings...which he fails to do. It's a hot mess and I'm not a fan of misunderstandings in stories. I'm also not a fan of overdramatic MCs who overthink things. If she calms down even for a hot minute, she'll start to question whether or not her previous master's prophecy had anything to do with the Duke. Wasn't it supposed to be a 'tiger' that kills her? The crest of the Duke was a wolf not a tiger so she can give him a bit of leeway about being her killer, right?

MC is annoying me at present so I hope she realizes that, in the same way she overlooked her family, she's doing somewhat of the same thing to the Duke.

Again, this whole thing is a mess.

Mangafreakspark, xyxy6409 and Meri like this.
  3. ChickenNugget802

ChickenNugget802 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you all please stop ignoring the OP and post your discussion elsewhere? This is getting incredibly frustrating. Some discussion is inevitable but 7 pages of the same 4 dense people talking even after people are politely asking you to stop, is just nonsense.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  4. Lavenderia

Lavenderia 『Glow』『Daughter of Heyu』『Tea Lover』『Foodie』

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that the original post is still being ignored. Please. I’m saying this as respectfully as I can but If you can’t provide actual spoilers. We don’t want to see it anymore. 9 pages of nothing but about the 11 chapters. Really guys? To the ones who provided spoilers. Bless you.

This has become rather frustrating to see. Spare us all and everyone else from wasting our time. This is a spoiler thread. Keep it that way. I hope the next post is a novel or webcomic spoiler.

Discussion link is here as mentioned. As I’ve said, U guys are free to discuss but on another thread specifically made for it. Let’s stay organized. Please be considerate and respectful of OG post and everyone else here that is coming for the spoiler. Have fun and good day to you all. https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/the-stereotypical-life-of-a-reincarnated-lady.103507/

Th.ay, ragamuffin, wtfhodor and 14 others like this.
  5. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we should discuss the themes of this manwha and what the authors intent is. Everyone write a thousand word essay with a thesis and conclusion. This will count for 10 percent of you'r final grade

SamSam likes this.
  6. inori-chii

inori-chii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just found an excerpt of the WN! :blobmelt:
    I MTLed it & edited some parts that didn't make sense (but some parts might still sound weird tho lol)

Valerie.
    Valerie. Valerie.

Only then did Kylus know. You cannot choose the right time or place to tell her your heart.

Whether it's the sound of his heart, the sound of her heart, or both, it was pounding so loudly that his ears hurt.

I slowly released my arms from her waist. Valerie's ears were burning red.

Our eyes met. A smile formed on her lips.
    In her mind, she spread. (Sorry, idk how to edit/correct this mtled part :hmm:)
    He opened his mouth.

“I love you.”

There were no huge bouquets nor a large full moon.

There was no such phrase as how you love and how beautiful you are.

There was no saying that I would give the whole world or live only for you.

It was just words that carried his heart.

Her eyes were the only ones reflected in his eyes.

“Valerie. I love you. ”

His voice melted into her.

7. FortuneS

FortuneS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    WHEN WERE THIS HAPPENED?Btw thank you for spoiler!

forevxo, Marane101, Mikaa and 7 others like this.
  8. inori-chii

inori-chii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, I'd love to answer your question but I have unfortunately no idea :blobsad: I found this excerpt on http://m.yes24.com/Goods/Detail/77336267

lazynoodles likes this.
  9. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish I was excited but not currently. Coz I'm still stuck on the idea that MC is nearly dying of anxiety from possibly getting killed because of ML and his house guest. However, I'm proud of our ML that he actually says it to her so straightforwardly. I hope things progress in the raws soon.

lazynoodles likes this.
  10. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right now, I think they both need to be straightened out lol
    It may take a while
    But I'm all for all the hijinks about to happen :D

IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.
  11. Meri

Meri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I still don't get why the maids and others don't like her...
    She just arrived lol

Volublekoala965 and MianneChan like this.
  12. BoredNovelFinder

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she's an interloper. By the time MC arrives at the Duke's estate, they feel like someone undeserving has stepped foot into the Duke's household. I think from their perspective, MC is one of those spoiled misses that are after the Duke because of his looks and prestige. I don't think any of them know it's the Duke himself who proposed the engagement in the first place. For them, maybe Serenia was the future Duchess and she has the grace and pride in temperament to fit their master.

13. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Prophecy are meant to be vague, but that seemed pretty specific lol
    It means some cruel bastard will set a tiger on fire and throw it off a cliff its expression as it falls down is baring its fangs in pain!

I think this is one of her unreliable narration parts... I don't think the Maids were doing anything really lol other than having a bitch/Im plotting something face

There are a lot of key points here with these Misunderstandings that need clarifying, I want Dukes pov a really clear pov from him, not random bits that once added together make something weird...

First I want to know, why is the Duke so dumb about Val... why can't he put the dots together and wonder hey...shes had a shitty day...I am to blame because I am a commonsense retard... lol

I want to know what he would do, if she had a male companion move in to the dukes resident with her, and she does not explain shit to him who he is... he could be gay or a eunuch and a total hottie, he had a dream of being her maid... or something like that, now if he had no idea who he was and saw some dude undressing her I wonder what his ass would think?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2021
  14. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah this has been bothering me too. Like, I get that the duke is a little on the slow side, but even the aide does not once question how that other woman might be a problem? Even after she literally usain bolted out of the dining hall upon hearing that that girl was comming?

WinnieS likes this.
  15. AngelRose79

AngelRose79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoilers plz plz ! :aww::bloblove:

IceQueenRinne1234 likes this.
  16. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw a few theories saying how Serenia may be ML's aide's wife. If she was I wouldn't be shocked, but for a moment my mind wondered and somehow reached the conclusion that Serenia may actually be the aide's mother instead,lol.
    Whatever outcome though, I'm sure it would be interesting.

Also! ML's aide mentioned that the maids were bullying MC, right? So was it not all a part of her imagination? Or am I still misunderstanding ? :blobsweat_2:

WinnieS likes this.
  17. Itsl

Itsl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I mtl the most recent raws so I’m not sure how accurate this is.. but serenia and the dukes aid are talking he gives her his coat and is worried about her catching a cold, she’s surprised? Cause it’s the first time a man has done that for her. She asks him if the books he’s carrying are for him and he says they’re for the dukes fiancée, it was hard finding someone to meet his requirements so he doesn’t want her to annul the engagement. Serenia asks if that’s the only reason and said that many love stories start out like that. In her bedroom the duke is watching her sleep-she’s having a dream about her family and then wakes up and think the duke is a figment of her imagination lol. He wants to talk to her but she tells her room is an inappropriate place for the convo. Afterwards the duke and his aid are talking about how to make amends, the aid gave him a book on what not to do lol. The aid is leaning more towards him acting like an awesome person and feeding stray animals I think? The duke decides to make her jewelry that matches her eyes instead lol. Next chapters the aid and serenia are talking about the earrings and I think serenia is criticizing him not giving it to her in person. When mc gets jewelry she’s really surprised and is questioning that it’s for her and not serenia. There’s an apology letter that surprises her too. She thinks the earrings are cute tho (or maybe not... honestly her expressions and the confusion of mtl is not a good mix, her face is meme worthy tho) later on she goes to the library and meets serenia, she tries to run and is unsuccessful and basically feels like prey lol, serenia can tell she’s scared. That’s all I did my best lol

lazynoodles, elyacuty, _J_ and 20 others like this.
  18. WinnieS

WinnieS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And it doesn’t help that they(Serenia and the duke) spend a lot of time together. Not just practicing kendo but it seems eating dinner every day is a normal occurrence. No wonder the maids are being bold against FL. She’s/FL being dramatic thinker is the attraction point of the story, at least for me personally. I’m not annoyed, at least not yet, since her train of thought are rather funny. It will be a challenge for the duke to figure her out since her way of thinking is not like a normal person and him being the slow poke that he is. How the author is going to bring these two into the normal level of communication will be interesting. Can’t wait.

SusuPisang likes this.
  19. Chaku

Chaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the things I really want to know about... is that frigging Aide... I mean he is the one that seemed the most stupid, he looks old, so he should be experienced right? have a bit of wisdom... something that earned him the role of Aide to the Duke ... he's suppose to be clued up, at least thats how it appeared in chapter 9... he was trying to guide the derpy Duke to figure out how to appeal to Val... however he was communicating via subspace, wrong story dude!... seriously what is that Aide on give him the damn play through guide fool!

He also totally got Vals personality character sheet all wrong... I understand that he would only have a superficial view of this young lady... but seriously... just how did he put 2 and 2 together and got 1? they need tinder or something with their bios...

Loved the Knights though :D that look of horror as they leaned in to huggy snugs... she should have put them in bed too and made them do that all night... lets see how diligent they will be after that! unless they like it... the new world of roses awaits!

I still think this is partly due to her faulty logic, she is a very unreliable narrator... they are only reacting to her comments, its not like they will think she is lying... but it does not mean it was true lol, its like that gold dress vs blue dress shit that happened a few years back... (that dress is mofo gold btw!)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2021
  20. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see, I see:hmm: Honestly, with how MC's perception of things are all based on her past "knowledge" from novels, I wouldn't be surprised if this was true lololol
    It is funny tho how she's still running with the novel stereotypes mindset even though she had a rude wakeup call from the magician in the beginning:notlikeblob:
    What I can see tho is that when MC gets stuck in her mind she tends to block everything out, huh. It'll probably take alot of effort from ML end to win her over lol
    (That dress was a 1000% golden and that's a fact!:blobsneeze:)

WinnieS and Chaku like this.