Are you a procrastinator?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cap.toon, Apr 21, 2020.

1. cap.toon

cap.toon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had planned to sleep at 11pm, but look at the time—it’s 2:15 am in the morning!! I have work tomorrow!! My god! :notlikeblob: I’m a sleep procrastinator !!

I think I need to implement a out of sight out of mind, no touch rule by making it a point to stop and put a sign or some kind of wrap over my electronics. Once these electronic, especially my phone, has the do not touch sign on then I may be able to control my itch. Maybe. Maybe.

are you a procrastinator? A plan failure? What solution have you implement that works?

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, it's 3:23 and I feel no need to go to sleep yet... I guess I should probably get to sleep before someone else wakes up and sees the flashing lights under my door. Also I've been holding on to a bunch of chapters I should post since I just don't feel confident in posting them yet, even though they're done. I'll get around to it later I guess.

Fulminata and ChronaZero like this.
  3. ExcitableFoci

ExcitableFoci Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is losing track of the time really that normal? My eyes naturally drift to the hour/clock? every few minutes.

As for advice, try mantaining a sleep schedule. You won't be able to sleep even if you want to if your body is used to sleeping at 2 AM. Once having one, you will naturally start to be sleepy at the designated hours.

Doing an intensive workout around 1-3 hours before sleeping can also help a lot. Sometimes even making you instantly sleep the moment you hit the pillow.
    (do you want to keep ur kneecaps and back in the old age or not? The comedic reality of middle-aged people hurting their backs everytime they try to do anything physical is coming closer as years go by.)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Fulminata and Hakumachan like this.
  4. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    I know what time it is the whole time. I'm just putting it off for a bit longer.

Himawari likes this.
  5. DontLookDown

DontLookDown One with the bed

Reading List:
    Link
    I got homework due in 6 hours at 9:30 and I'm reading novels and editing instead.

Draw your own conclusions from that

Loni4ever, ChronaZero and Hakumachan like this.
  6. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    I basically ignore my readers into posting my most popular novel and instead doing a daily release on my boring one. Does that count as procrastinating or just being a dck?

Jden, Loni4ever, ChronaZero and 2 others like this.
  7. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    This happened on the day before one of my engineering exams, I think it was control systems. So, there was this novel series that I was reading back then, either of these - chronicles of nick/ Percy Jackson/ Nicholas flamel, Don't remember which. But the book came out, a day or two before the exam. I "procured" a digital copy the night before. Thought I would take a peek and read the rest after the exam. Finished the book by six in the morning. Luckily my exam was in the afternoon, so I could catch a nap. But so much for my last minute revision. On a side note, I didn't fail the paper.
    As for the worst case of procrastination I have ever seen, couple of juniors were completing their engineering drawing practical submissions in the train. These classes, mind you, have at least a week of time before submissions, and the drawing itself only takes a couple of hours. Considering that long distance train rides are no joke here in india, these kids were sitting in the luggage rack(upper bunk), and drawing on a b4 sheet like there's no tomorrow. Me and my friends were like, lol, could have just skipped a couple of sleep hours instead.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    Hakumachan likes this.
  8. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm no longer sure if I suffer from severe procrastination, or just crippling laziness.

9. ru5ty

ru5ty Citizen of MILF Kingdom

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll answer that later..

Loni4ever, Skaistise and felidormit like this.
  10. Hakumachan

Hakumachan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

11. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    I suck hard at my own engineering work and have not been bothering to finish my novel that I planned to posted in SH. But hey, I always hit the deadline even if it is a borderline work.

12. Ner0

Ner0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my case, when I procrastinate, it's my insecurities trying to influence me.
    When I wake up late or want to do something but don't feel like doing it, it's my insecurities (fear of being judged, lack of affection) that try to drag me back to the comfort zone (my bed or games).
    Insecurity and comfort zone are dependant on each other. They make any effort seem herculean, make any difficulty seem as tall as a mountain.
    I found two ways to leave the comfort zone:
    - Do not think, act. There's a very short period of time when you think of doing something, that short moment is when the insecurities, the fear and negative thoughts haven't come over yet. If you act before those thoughts catch up to you, you'll leave them behind and have the courage to do anything. Mel Robbins describes this as the 5 seconds rules, trying to disturb the mind to perform an action.
    - The second method is understanding your insecurities. The only way you can overcome your insecurities for good is understanding what's stopping you. It'll be very uncomfortable, your mind will do everything to avoid thinking about it. But if you can detach yourself from the influx of emotions and realise that most of your insecurities are actually very small, mostly assumptions made by you and doesn't define you since these emotions, these thoughts aren't actually you.
    Then, you can stop lying in bed and have the energy to accomplish what matters.
    Though, it's a long and difficult road. There are countless coach on youtube that try to guide people on the path of self-improvement. Quazi Johir is one I like.

Loni4ever, cap.toon and Himawari like this.
  13. Himawari

Himawari Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I once read that procrastinators don't have a problem with managing time, but with managing emotions. Looking at my own history, I have to agree. I put things off that I don't want to face because they are scary or I don't know where to start. So I distract myself.
    It helps having a strict routine and trying to acknowledge your own discomfort or fear, but also realizing that you have the power over your own behaviour.
    For further reading I recommend the waitbutwhy.com blog

cap.toon likes this.
  14. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally everyone here is a procrastinator.

15. kuroAnsatsu

kuroAnsatsu Realistically Stoic

Reading List:
    Link
    If we're using MW's cultivation system, then I would have already reached Beyond Divinity in procrastinating

cap.toon likes this.
  16. zeroknight

zeroknight [Death to All Harem Novels] [Dumb MCs' Hater]

Reading List:
    Link
    Mine is on severe conditions.......

17. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let me tell you next week

18. jintingmei

jintingmei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I do the same thing. The readers on the one with barely any readers are nicer to me than the whiny ones on the popular one anyway, and apparently aggregator bots don't really like unpopular novels.

19. Chrono Vlad

Chrono Vlad 『Banned From Drinking』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure majority of people here procrastinate or switches their job to procrastinator while taking a dump. :blobpeek:

20. DarkSoul

DarkSoul Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of my work is basically mood based.
    So yeah