Query of newbie writer

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by 7174PK, Apr 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ju Zi

Ju Zi Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... I used to make covers from time to time for fun and what I used to do was, go find some images by using the labelled for reuse option on google images, or a site which has images labelled for reuse, I'd use the app "underink" to size the image (into one appropriate for book covers), and I'm not sure if this still exists on the app store but there's an app called Type Lite - text on image, where I download fonts on my phone then add the text to the book cover image. Finally, I use pixlr for effects.

7174PK likes this.
  2. Guan Zhong

Guan Zhong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ruyi and 7174PK like this.
  3. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you try using a search engine filtering images second Usage Rights?

Also, you could start a friendly competition in this forum for amateur artists. Not sure how many would want to make your cover but there's a lot of people with free time these days.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    7174PK likes this.
  4. Kolya1998

Kolya1998 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that depends on what you're writing. A03 and fanfiction.net are focused on fanfiction, royalroad is for original works, and wattpad is more for YA fiction. And scribblehub is more for isekai fiction, but you can also post fanfiction there too.

5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    @7174PK I have another tip although it’s for Wattpad only: unless your story has explicit content, don’t add the “Mature” tag because those stories are automatically exempt from rankings!

One of the ways readers find stories on Wattpad is searching through tags, which rank stories by views/popularity. Your story won’t even show up on those lists, however, with the Mature tag included. ;)

On that note, make sure your tags are relevant too. See what other stories like yours have and plaster ‘em on!

7174PK likes this.
  6. 7174PK

7174PK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gracias !! Will do so ASAP .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.