Spoiler The Founder of Diabolism

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by kiara8, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Sauling

Sauling Wangxian[忘羨] is my Precious OTP ( ˘ ³˘)♥

Reading List:
    Link
    Hahah, now I am confused, I might need to check out the Pheonix Mountain Highlights again, because my impression of that video when they were reading their script, and have that lollipop in their mouth, I thought they were together in the same booth playing out that scene, ofcourse, I am not saying I think that is the actual recording, but with what you said, if they have to record separately like that, then that sure is a very long process to put everything together.

Hahaha well, I wouldn't say maniacal, but I can tell you're a super fanatic when it comes to the Audio Drama :blobcheeky::blobcheeky: Like you know that saying that if you claim yourself as the no.2 fan, then, no one dares claim themselves as the no.1 fan of the Audio Drama :blobrofl::blobrofl: But there's nothing wrong with that, it's naturally understandable why you would love the Audio Drama a-lot, because you also put effort into putting the subs together on the video, it's like a part of you that you've worked on and came to love.

I think I can relate to your feelings when you come to loving something so much the more you get in contact with it, it's like how I feel about Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo (in the Untamed) when it comes to these two, and all the BTS I've been seeing on them :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: Which made me fell in love with them on my end.

Yeah, I think just the name-changing is already off-putting for me. I kind of rather, they kept the original Chinese Language, and just put i Japanese Subtitles. But that's just how I feel about this whole situation. You know ironic, I have been wanting for MDZS to be dubbed into Cantonese, since Cantonese is like very similar to Mandarin, so I want to hear their Cantonese voices, and there's no changes of their name, it's just how you read their names (same chinese characters) but in Cantonese instead :blobtongue: Too bad, I've been seeing a lot of dubbed to different languages, and yet, no Cantonese :blobcry:

I came across some few on Tumblr once when reading their comments, as they were criticizing Lan Zhan's character in the Donghua on Tumblr :blobexpressionless::blobexpressionless: and they said that Lan Zhan is supposed to be described as very handsome, but the Donghua Lan Zhan is not handsome, and I'm like "WTF!!!!?!?!?" :blobtriumph::blobtriumph: One thing they didn't like how Lan Zhan character was handled was that Lan Zhan "lied" about Wei Ying's identity to his uncle when his uncle asked Lan Zhan who he was, and Lan Zhan replied back saying he's "Mo Xuanyu", but to be honest, to me, when it comes to protecting Wei Ying, Lan Zhan will do anything for him, and he didn't want his uncle to know that his Wei Ying because he is protecting him... Also Lan Zhan isn't completely lying!!! That IS Mo Xuanyu body anyways!! :blobtongue:

But I got so annoyed reading those comments from those critics on Tumblr, because I was annoyed at what they said, and I felt like a part of them comment about Lan Zhan not looking good is to add onto another reason to diss the anime him :blobtired: But to be honest, Lan Zhan is very handsome to me in the Donghua!!!!

Hmm, I hope you're right. I read they said Season 3 will be the final season to the Donghua, and with how I see this, Season 2 on it's own doesn't feel like a season, because I felt the plot hasn't progressed at all, with only 8 episodes in Season 2, that's so not fair :blob_teary: I just hope that Season 3 will be done better. I'm not putting my hopes up at this point, but I will be content if they don't separate Wangxian at the end, like what they did with the Live Action :blob_teary: So I am hoping we get to see more Wangxian developments in the Donghua in Season 3.

And yes, there are subtle moments, to show how Lan Zhan cares for Wei Ying, like that part (like you said) how he picks the food and transfers it to Wei Ying's plate (bowl), and if you look at his usual character, that's not something he would normally do, I don't even think he's done that to his brother before too, so this gesture shows Wei Ying is special!! :aww::aww: And did I mention that I absolutely just fangirl when Lan Zhan kneeled down in front of Wei Ying in the Donghua Season 2 :blobcatblush::blobcatblush: And that part where it was added at the end of Season 2, where Wei Ying asked Lan Zhan to buy him a rattle drum, and Lan Zhan smiled at him and said he will, is just OMG!!! :bloblove::bloblove: So yeah, there are Wangxian moments, but it's very subtle, that I think the Donghua tries to give us in their own way, so I appreciate them for that.

So yeah, let's hope that Season 3 will not feel rushed, and will give us a good and satisfying closure to Wangxian. We still have the Chibi Donghua to look forward to there.

Oh yes, that's how I feel about the novel too, and the original source material. I just meant (in my last reply) that you rank Audio Drama first in terms of adaptation is because I don't consider the Novel is an adaptation, since it's the original source :) So yeah, I know that you would rank the novel first because I figured that you're someone who respects the original source material, which is similar to me as well, that's why my ranking is the same as yours.

Oh yup to the team there haha, they have our thanks for the great work!!! :aww::aww::blobcatblush::blobcatblush:

Ohh, I see, thanks for the link! :aww: I will check this one out later (after work) since I will be going to work shortly after I'm done with this reply, and I'll let you know my opinions in there, once I'm done reading :cookie::cookie:

Oh, okay, let me know when you heard that song (from that link I shared you), and what you think of that MV when you're done watching it. Personally for me, I felt the song has a nice touch being sang by a male, and the mv captures Lan Zhan's love/feelings from Lan Zhan very well (even with the limited scenes, but it's subtleties at it's best here) :blobcatblush:

Yeah, Renji and Rukia is a ship I don't reveal to other Bleach Fans when I'm speaking to them online, since I have a soft spot for those Childhood Love/stories. Still I actually was really surprised how they become endgame on my end, because me shipping them and thinking they won't likely end up together, despite I still love them is one thing, and them actually ending up together is another, and I was really surprised when my other online friend told me the Bleach ending. I do understand when your ships don't sail, because it's like a troll from the writer, and I have my fair share of experience in this matter. So, there there :blob_patpat::blob_patpat:

Nice!! :blobparty::blobparty:

Oh yeah, to see Wei Ying becoming a wreck really hurts for me too :blob_teary: But I assure you, that this is just building up into the sweet moments later, and because the writer successfully got us in this ":blob_teary::blob_teary::blobconfounded::blobconfounded:" mood, it just makes all the scenes later, and in seeing how happy Wei Ying is, and how happy Lan Zhan makes Wei Ying feels all the more sweeter, because it really, really brings out that theme that Lan Zhan is Wei Ying's happiness/light. :bloblove::bloblove: And the contrasts and comparisons was done just right! (imo)

Yeah, not surprising how you hated that, since we discussed about this previously as well, and like I said on my previous post, this is literally how I feel too, and this is the only negative in this fanfic for me, I wish the writer to this fanfic didn't have to take that path to have Wei Ying drown in such state, to numb his pain, because in canon, he's NOT like that, so for this, I will always appreciate MXTX for NOT taking that route for Wei Ying's character. So I feel you :blob_patpat::blob_patpat: But at the end of the day, I think we can just take this as a grain of salt that is what the fanfic writer decided :blobconfounded::blobconfounded: I was in that state of mind too, how I didn't like it, but later because of all those Wangxian scenes, and fluff and developments between the characters, it just overshadow this one negative for me. For me, I just focus on the other positive aspects to this fanfic, and just enjoyed it for the other positives, which I will assure you there will be a lot more positiveness to look forward to. And yes, I love how Lan Zhan handle that situation, as a matter of fact, what Lan Zhan did later in this one particular moment really saved Wei Ying, and made him a happier person, I won't spoil too much for you, but you should almost be up to that moment. In contrast to see how Wei Ying is much happier after Lan Zhan came into his life, and how Wei Ying and Lan Zhan spends more time together, it just makes me :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove: So much on them.

Oh that part with the shower is just hilarious :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: OMG LOLLLL that part is ALSO HILARIOUS!!! :blobrofl::blobrofl::blobrofl: Lan Zhan is jealous that Wei Ying is sharing a account with Wen Ning, but it can't be helped since Lan Zhan doesn't have Netflix :blobrofl::blobrofl: time to get an account for Netflix, Lan Zhan :blobjoy::blobjoy: But it's so adorable, how Wei Ying loves Shrek LOL, like it's just hilarious, that Lan Zhan is only watching this because he wants to accompany Wei Ying, but his comments when he was watching it was :blobrofl::blobrofl:

Oh, let me know your opinions to Lan Zhan and Lan Xichen getting drunk the first time too, that scene is hilarious (lol).

P.S: I mentioned this on my previous post also, that I also enjoyed that moment when Lan Zhan sang their Wangxian song to Wei Ying, it was :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove: to me.

Haha, yeah, there's apparently a lot of pleasant surprises (for me at least), including Wanngxian fluff, which I'm sure you'll love so, enjoy :blobwink:

2. fangirl79

fangirl79 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  4. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  5. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  6. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    btw i realize an important question I didn't pay attention to much before and just made assumptions about, is Wei Ying the uke or seme

8. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  9. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he's the uke, but acts kinda aggressive and dominating (I guess) in some scenes. I see him as a 'queen' who sits on top of Lan Zhan, and has the man wrapped around his finger :giggle:

Kumo723 likes this.
  10. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

11. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  12. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  13. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  14. fangirl79

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Kumo723

Kumo723 玄夜的帝后

Reading List:
    Link
    Shi Shao is the fourth ml

16. asckj1

asckj1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very sorry for the big gap in response. Life has been a bit busy, so I wasn't able to read the full fanfic "Monotone". But I've managed to read till c28. Last two chapters remaining. But I think I've read through the main contents of the full story till c28.

Mhm, there might be some constraints as to why they recorded separately. Maybe the VAs didn't have any overlapping time due to their respective schedules. Lan Wangji's lines are much lesser than Wei Wuxian's. So maybe there was no point in Lan Wangji's VA to be present with Wei Wuxian's VA as he would mostly just be sitting and listening while Wei Wuxian's VA records his lines.
    But the end result has been stitched amazingly, all thanks to Xing Tong, their sound editor. :giggle:

Ahahaha. Oh, I wouldn't really go to say I'm a total die-hard fan. I'm sure there are many more people who have probably given a lot of money as appreciation to the original audio drama creators. I only purchased S3 because I could only afford that. But I strongly wanted to share the best possible tls and subs with non-cn listerners and that's why I jumped into subbing the extras and then with kittykat formed Suibian Subs. It's really a very happy thing to have happened. MDZS brought our whole team together. :LOL:

The small bits from the audio drama especially the free talks made me realise about how much effort a team puts in bringing us the final product. And especially the way Tute Hameng, the recording director for MDZS audio drama explained different aspects of recording in the free talks was extremely informative and interesting to listen to. Also, I do like to pay attention to as many details as possible if I like a particular show. I think this is true for each one of us. That's what can be reflected from our posts of MDZS in general too! We all write to each other with the tiniest details of what we liked or didn't from the story or any of its adaptations on the whole.

Oh yeah! Those Untamed BTS were really fun! Wang Yibo is totally like a little kid outside his acting in these BTS and always playfully hitting Xiao Zhan. He seems like that kid who wants attention to play.:blobjoy:

Oh! I don't really know Cantonese, so can't really say anything. Maybe one day they will make a dub. who knows.

Ugh... Seriously?! Lan Wangji is the epitome of handsomeness in the Donghua in my eyes too !!!! Well, people have different tastes.
    Also, Lan Wangji "lying" to his uncle for his Wei Wuxian is so super duper totally ultra cute!!! :blobcatblush::blobcatblush::blobcatblush: Yeah, he will go to any length for his love and it's not like he is harming Lan Qiren by telling this "lie". Ugh, I'd be super pissed too reading such comments :blobangery:

OOh yeah. that rattle drum scene was soo sweet!! And Lan Wangji's smile then was too too too adorable :bloblove::bloblove::bloblove:.

Let's pray hard for this final season to be good. Though I don't really expect much. None of us should, to be honest.

Oh I heard the song finally. It was nice. Seeing a compilation of wangxian scenes always makes me go :aww::blob_grin::blobReach::blobsob::blobconfounded::blobicecreamlove::blobcatblush::bloblove:. There are so many emotions built up around their story. It's too overwhelming sometimes.

Getting to the discussion of Monotone fanfic- It was a roller coaster ride. First of all, the story is really well written. I loved how almost every mdzs character has been included in this and without making their presence awkward in the story. I did feel that the chapters were really long sometimes. But I think it was needed to build up the right amount of emotions. Lan Wangji's deep feelings for Wei Wuxian definitely show themselves throughout the story. I just couldn't digest Wei Wuxian's character buildup till the end where he was sleeping around with just anyone before he met Lan Wangji. In the original novel, Wei Wuxian's thoughts are actually <18+ even when he is in his 20s. And so, I somehow hate that his body has been spoilt like that. Ugh. Sorry, it's just my personal opinion. :notlikeblob:

Jiang Yanli's suffering was really cruel :blobsob: And of course Wei Wuxian's was even more:blobdizzy::blobsob: It's as if he has been pushed into an eternal nightmare when it was never his fault. It's really heartbreaking to read about how Jiang Yanli got severly injured because of him and suffered so many years like this.:blob_teary: She lost so many years of precious time with her family, especially missing out on seeing her own son grow up. :blobcry:

On the happy wangxian times, I loved every single bit of it. There were some super hot scenes :blobnosebleed: :blobcatblush: and some really really fluffy scenes. I love reading about all of them. I just kept thinking how Lan Wangji must have felt cuddling with the love of his life after thousands of years like this. He might really die of sheer happiness :bloblove: I also felt really warm that Wei Wuxian finally found his happiness in Lan Wangji. Him brining him Lan Wangji to USA to meet Jiang Yanli was sort of cute too. It just shows how much he trusted Lan Wangji with his very private things too. And it was a nice twist reading about how Lan Wangji transfers his spiritual powers to Jiang Yanli as a result of which she finally starts recovering. :blobsmilehappy:

That whole arc on how Wen Rouhan manipulates Wei Wuxian's family as well as Jin Guangyao to some extent was interesting. Also the part where Jin Guangyao once again defeates Wen Rouhan at his own game! Truly, I feel that if a soul has been reborn, there probably are certain aspects that still remain unchanged in them no matter what. I was a bit surprised about Wen Xu's actions in all of this. Didn't think that he would side with Jin Guangyao. And Wen Chao was just as ugly as he is in the original novel.

I loved the stories Wei Wuxian told to Lan Wangji, the ones that his mother used to tell him. It felt very intriguing reading about it and loved the whole incident about Lan Wangji talking with Baoshan Sanren when he wants to bring Wei Wuxian back. I love reading these sorts of mysterious bits in a story. :blobsmilehappyeyes: Also loved how Cangse Sanren helped Wei Wuxian to remember his past life. She waited for such a long time to past over just to help her baby :blobsob: Wei Wuxian has suffered a lot, but there also are those few people who realy care about him immensly. So he's also lucky in that aspect.

Uh... I don't know, but right now, I don't really feel like writing anything much on Wei Wuxian's death a second time. Have I become insanely numb in this aspect? This is definitely wrong, but I seriously don't really have anything to write about this. :blobtired: I think I might have read too much angst and know that even if Wei Wuxian dies, Lan Wangji WILL bring him back no matter what! I don't really know why, but I can't seem to get too emotional about this right now :blobastonished: Or is it that I know that some sort of tragedy needs to happen in order to have the story be made interesting :notlikeblob: Oh god, please forgive me. :blobupset::blobflag:

Regarding lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng- while I did enjoy reading about their interactions, I still couldn't fully digest their more than friends attitude somehow. I can't find that dynamics between these two characters the way I am convinced with WangXian. I do like their individual personality traits that are shown in the story though, the grumpy Jiang Cheng who is but a tsundere when it comes to Jin Ling and even Wei Wuxian. I loved how he and Wei Wuxian finally made up after Wei Wuxian was brought back to life. Also, Lan Xichen's nervousness when he is interacting with Nie Mingjue and Jin Guangyao was really nicely portrayed. The trauma that he has receieved when Jin Guangao deceived him in his original life is very very visible in Lan Xichen's interactions with the reincarnations of his sworn two brothers. Lan Xichen blindly believed in Jin Guangyao and received a horrible horrible blow when his world of him and his sworn brothers to remain close till the end was shattered in such a way.
    I was happy to read that Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng may finally find happiness amoung each other, but I still can't grasp their ship :blobsweat:I just pray that they both are happy. They deserve every bit of it.

Oh the drunk scene was funny, but I felt that the author could have avoided the Lan Wangji giving Wei Wuxian a whole chicken and then vandalizing a wall, as these both incidents have been described in the original novel. I personally would have loved to read a totally new content in this aspect.

All in all, it was a very good read though. Thank you so much once again for recommending this awesome fanfic. :blobicecreamlove::blobicecreamlove:

17. Yukkie

Yukkie Spoiler please.

Reading List:
    Link
    Come and check out my MDZS's Fanfiction in my signature :oops:

Kaylee and Rcyan like this.
  18. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask, WWX is dead and got summoned/reborn into new body, right?
    So, is the new body look alike/resemble WWX? Or totally different?

Also, I'm seeing many fanart of LXC and JC, is there any basis of this cp? Or it's the wishful thought of fans to ship them?

19. cotton mortal

cotton mortal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the novel, WWX was summoned into Mo Xuanyuan’s body so it was a totally different new look/body.
    It’s the wishful thought of fans. In the author’s note, MXTX pointed that besides the two main characters everyone in MDZS is straight.

20. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, different body different face with the real WWX, right? Kinda wanna see WWX original body.

LoL no wonder I couldnt make head nor tail with the whole ship. I shall enjoy the arts tho, those are nice.

Thannx