Spoiler Remarried Empress

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by midnight reader, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Macif

Macif Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raped... nobody said that. Even in sarcasm.
    And she's going to die. Beheaded if I'm not mistaken so not so far from what would really happen in the novel.

I saw your previous post and you're a real shooter for Rashta. You clearly don't like how her characterization went & how readers perceive her. I get that she got a harsh past but her actions (when she could choose for herself) make her abhorrent to others.
    Again, antagonists having a bad ending is not unheard of.

2. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea I said it to make a point

I dont care what ending she gets. I'm talking abou the unecessary glee and pleasure to see death and torture of the antagonists that come with it. It's fine to want to see them get there karma but some people here seem to jerk off to gorey endings for antagonists

Like "hehehenehehe" tell me that dosent seem unstable

3. Nai kuro

Nai kuro Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone say what happened to Christa?? Please uwu:):aww::sushi_chubby:

4. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I generally believe in redemption stories, and I don't think death is the only answer, given the setting, it wouldn't make sense for her to get a light sentence. This is a fantasy world where people die for much less.

She had a bad past and there are bad people wanting to take advantage of her, but I think there were many point of time where had she stopped, the emperor would have left her alone, or at least just exile her, but alas...

But personally think the biggest blame should be the emperor. He was the one who who used Rashta, who forsaken Navier. All the bad things that happened to those two ladies were caused by him. Navier would have been miserable even if Rashta didn't exist or have a baby. If Rashta didn't have a baby, then the emperor would have just brought another concubine home and another until he finally realized he can't have children.

Where is his punishment?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    thenexttyler3, Th.ay, djan29 and 5 others like this.
  5. Akesato

Akesato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sovieshu is an emperor. You can't kill an emperor unless you overthrow him. But his "punishment" will be recorded in history books and people will say he was a bad emperor and his empire was only good during his reign before he divorced empress Navier. It is very humiliating for someone so high and mighty. Remember he said "I don't need a colleague, I need a wife"? Fool got something else instead.

He divorced Navier because she was barren? He got it rubbed in his face many times after. Navier might have been infertile but he will never know about the magical bed, he also might have not been infertile... Rashta just happened to get pregnant before meeting him and no other opportunities. He could have banished Duke Elgy before he made a lot of mess... all his mistakes will be pointed out and discussed later.

Incompetent emperor Sovieshu blinded by the beauty of a runaway slave, bringing the country to ruins. The very thing he wanted to avoid is going to happen: his cousin getting the throne. Still not a good punishment?

6. orichan

orichan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't want him dead, I just expected a clearer decline of the Eastern Empire in the book.

In the end, it seems like the Eastern Empire is still doing okay (for now). The trail was embarrassing for sure, but the Emperor is still young, for all I know, he will be able to completely recover from this (e.g., get a new wife, stabilize his empire).

In addition, from what I read, it just feels like a lot of the blamed was placed on the women involved, and not enough was put on the shoulders of the man.

Question for those who know spoilers: What's the difference between a Kingdom and an Empire in this series? I can't really figure it out other than that it's better to be an Empire. What conditions do you have to meet to make a place an empire?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Fuyuneko, Chronos5884 and theilikepie like this.
  7. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Suddenly, all the real life death threats from anti-fans to celebrities make more sense...people can really get going if they indulge their hateful sides :-0

And as a general thing for @Akesato, my understanding is that a kingdom is one territory while an empire could include/consolidate multiple kingdoms? Just bigger and better, maybe?

Chronos5884 likes this.
  8. McKenna

McKenna Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A kingdom is one country/state/territory (the ruler is a king/queen) whereas an empire is a consolidation of countries/states ruled by an emperor/empress.

Th.ay and Chronos5884 like this.
  9. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    I think
    that's what McKenna advised Heinly once he got married to Navier. He suggested that Heinly should focus on strengthening the empire and leave the conquest of the Eastern Empire to his children.

10. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it's very different from our own meaning of kingdom and empire.
    I guess initially ML's country wasn't an empire but only a kingdom that rules only one country with its on culture, tradition... They they slowly become an empire they started to incorporate other nations that have different culture, language.... Etc. Ofc I haven't read if ML conquered other land or kingdom yet so I assume it happens later. Or probably neighbor countries decided to ally or become vassals since they couldn't complete with ML's country which specified with magic users. If my understanding of the spoilers is correct ML is also the one who planned in the shadow to weaken other countries magic users thus consalidate their 1st place of country with best magic power offence than others.
    This is just a hypothesis ofc.

www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-an-empire-and-a-kingdom

Chronos5884 likes this.
  11. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    Did Heinly and Navier live happily ever after? That's why I started looking for spoilers since I don't want her to eventually go back to Sovietshu. I have been binge reading content from East Asia and cannot help noticing an uncomfortable trend of the FL returning to the ML despite the fellow being a jerk. I so love Heinly and Navier's relationship even though Heinly was hinted to be cruel and two faced. As of now, am at chapter 154 at Naver and so far so good. Heinly and Navier's story is still in the realm of sexy romcom;)

12. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a picture of them?

13. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually she will be executed and that will be the end of her story.

But to me (and even Navier mentioned the same in one episode), Sovietshu is actually the one to be blamed for all the mess that happened. He's the husband who chose to cheat on his bestfriend/wife. He's the emperor who chose to throw away his good empress and install a bad one in her place. Rashta wouldn't be able to commit all those crimes if he didn't enable her in the first place.

That's one of the reasons I like Navier. She admitted she hates Rashta but she's rational enough to see that it was all Sovietshu's fault in the first place.

14. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes. And he complained to Sovietshu of all people LOL.

avlirea, thenexttyler3, Darcy and 2 others like this.
  15. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    I really want to know Elgy's story.

Tozarosa and Darcy like this.
  16. zenslover

zenslover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Both of them is like two peas in the pod for me, if he have some brain and rational in the first place he knows a mere concubine can't do anything except being a decorative accessory in the palace, Trashta too, she never use her brain for once, she maybe can produce baby much more than Navier but that's the points of her in this novel, a tool for producing a baby so that Sovieshisass doesn't embrass in the public, Trashta use her baby from her previous deeds to win his attention when he know what happen, he discard her like a piece of unwanted accessories that cant be used anymore

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
    Villainess_lovers and Seiren88 like this.
  17. zenslover

zenslover Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Well for me it's just a must and like Justin Timberlake songs

"Cause I know that you're living a lie
    That's okay, baby, 'cause in time you will find
    What goes around, goes around, goes around
    Comes all the way back around"

I really love the way all the characters that doing the bad things towards female lead got a taste of their medicine, that's why I enjoyed it because they don't see what's gonna come when you play with fire

syofiaa and Chronos5884 like this.
  18. otomezone

otomezone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually what I really think was the problem was the east empires traditions... navier was taught to be consolidating to the emperor regarding concubines which is why she closed her heart, thinking they are just "business partners" and them as kids eating those poison cookies was also because of the concubine system...

But I'm still glad she didn't go back to sovie... he was 10/10 a bitch when Rasta arrived.

I kinda want to know what happened to Gloriem though, aside from being rescued by Elgy. She would be a beautiful girl but I hope she doesn't become like her mom.

syofiaa, Th.ay, Alessa and 8 others like this.
  19. Marinette

Marinette Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to know more about Navier two children
    Just super curious of her reaction when she can finally embrace her own children. Children that everyone told her she'll never have. I can only imagine the immense joy and love she felt.

LynnLynn, Th.ay, dance_monkey and 2 others like this.
  20. McKenna

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope she has many more children besides the twins so that Sovietshu can eat his heart out ;p