Spoiler Back to Before I Married the Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by 7174PK, Apr 21, 2020.

1. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was there a mention about what happened to fl family after she was reborn
    Any tricks they used?

LokaLari likes this.
  2. nenuphar

nenuphar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why exactly did ML divorced her in past life? Was it a scheme from someone else?

LokaLari likes this.
  3. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No no one schemed to break up the MC & ML, it came down to a lack of communication & a misunderstanding on the ML's part. The ML ended up choosing to divorce the MC because her brother caused trouble while using the Fu family name (his name). It frustrated him to the point where he brought up divorce with her, he even mentions later on that he would've not gone through with it if the MC had chosen him over her family. But instead, the MC just agrees and divorces him. The REALLY sad part is that the ML didn't even think that the MC liked him, he thought she was like everyone else & was only with him for the money. He only found out the actual truth about her loving him wholeheartedly several years after she'd died.:blob_teary:
    The FL's adoptive family was just a bunch of opportunistic leeches, they only managed to do that much damage in her first life because she was naive & too trusting.
    In her 2nd life, she knows their true nature and controls the situation quite nicely.
    The first time they show up in the story the MC goes back home, and the mother tries to screw her out of her scholarship money, saying for the MC to give it to her for "safekeeping".:blobangery: A fight erupts and the mother tries to scare her by saying if you walk out of that door to never return, and the MC smiles and agrees. A little bit after this she joins the entertainment industry & starts making movies.:blob_nuffies:
    Her adoptive family shows up less than a handful of times throughout the story, they were just greedy moneygrubbing dirtbags.
    Their last interaction with the MC was towards the end of the novel, by now the MC is a top star with tons of fame & fortune. The Adoptive mother & brother force their way into her entertainment company and find the MC, at first she apologized & tried to guilt the MC into forgiving them. When that didn't work she resorted to threatening to expose the MC's cold treatment towards them since the MC's a public figure now upkeeping her image is important, she asked for money. The MC smiled not at all concerned by the phone recording & says that okay she'll give it to them, as soon as they return the money that the MC's biological mother left them to raise her.:blobowoevil_horns: Yes, that's right the MC found her birth mother & found out that she left a huge check with the MC, hoping that whoever took her in would use that money to raise her preciously. Well that didn't happen... through investigating everything the MC found out that the adoptive family used that money to buy their current house, and when the adoptive mother heard her saying that she went pale & tried to rush out of there.:sweating_profusely: Her stupid son, on the other hand, was still acting arrogant and asking the MC to get him a high paying job even though he only had a high school degree & no working experience:facepalm: Long story short, that was the last we heard from her horrible adoptive family.

4. Asha7

Asha7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes ML also gets his memories from the last live because he died at 35 losing to the schemes of his stepmother and her nephew (who infiltrated the company). ML only thought about his ex wife when he was terminal ill and after leftand betrayed from everyone.
    He feels guilty but he didn't love her but wanted her to love him in the past live and was disappointed because she agreed to divorce him and he stopped caring and looking out for her thinking her love is not true.
    ML was also engaged again to marry another woman to have a heir but than when they had all the problems with the company that engagement was broken and the woman left overseas (her parents sent her).

For me ML is shocked from the memories and is clinging on FL because she didn't betray him since he found her album with his secret pictures in.
    He also neglected her in their marriage, they never ever celebrated New year and he could be home for months oversea for work. He only married ML because she was a beautiful vase and he didn't let her work and let her live as a caged bird depending on his money since she was out of college. She never worked and he even told that he loses interest in her, I'm not getting if he ever loved her or was only feeling guilty and thinking that she was the only one who loved him and not only married him for the money.

Has the story ended ? I thought it still continues and the author wrote a note that she didn't finished the story or has set on who is ML (when she introduced the ML director+ with such CEO background).

Are you sure ex husband is the ML ?

5. Scarlet Feather

Scarlet Feather Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It says completed at 59 chapters on the Novel Updates page.
    Personally, I'm not sure, as I'm only on chapter 35. But from what other people have written, it seems like the ex-husband is still the ML. Though the Film Director (Chen) and Male Actor (Qin something; the one she roomed with) seem to be the 2nd and 3rd ML.

LokaLari, eagerreadergirl and Asha7 like this.
  6. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This was such a letdown for me.. there was a super strong rivals for ml here and he was super sweet to MC too.. but we find that dun dun dun...
    he's MCs cousin... Ml was overthe moon after finding that MC is part of the Chen family ESP since that makes the rival her cousins.. even MC was surprised Pikachu face:blobneutral: after seeing the DNA reports.. also her birth mother was young unmatried and abandoned by her man when she had MC ..so she left her with like 200k money for anyone who picks up MC... Later after they meet both mother and daughter will have a very nice relationship.. mother still is unmarried so all her wealth goes to MC..

7. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh yes ex husband is the ml.. but he has to chase MC alot I mean alot .. to get back together.. even in the 56th chapter MC says let's breakup.. there's only 58 chapter for this.. he crashed MCs reality show but had to wash dishes, he became a lightbulb :whistle: when 2ml and MC was dating( sort of dating) and he got fever because he stayed in the bathroom the whole night (?) I think... He had to suffer slot..
    Ml finds out in the middle of the novel that he's rebirthed..o_O.. he was still lukewarm towards MC till then.. he missed her alot and didn't knew why she broke up .. but he didnt aggressivly chased her.. but after he realised what happened in last life. He was in whole...it seems.he always thought MC was with him for his money.. and she didn't love him.. also she didn't argue with ml whole getting divorce which made him think it's really the truth.. but in previous life after he gets diagnosed with some incurable disease he visits her place and sees an album(?) Of photos of him that he don't remember taking.. also he remember her kissing him while (she thought) he's sleeping and confessing she likes him.. both have been big big bullheads in previous Life..
    So tight after rebirth he calls her up and asked if she's rebirthed too.. she's surprised pickachu faced.. then they scheme against his stepmother, he fires teh secretary( he colluded with other people to take over company) and he gets back the company... Afternoon that he started chasing her. Saying shes his wife..and they know each other intimatly:oops:...he buys shares in her company and invests in all her movies and shows.. he was very very shameless.. poor boy had to eat alot of vinegar too .. even one of his "brothers" too secretly lusts after MC but MC knocks off his Teeth and they both end in police station:whistle:.. ml had to come to bail them out:oops:..( this was before the rebirth realisation of ml..)

8. NaoRui04

NaoRui04 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like everyone is forgetting that the author also emphasises how he only like her looks and how he didnt love her but instead was possessive of her. And one of the reason for divorce was also being he was bored with her even though he regretted later on. But I'm not denying the part where he was also annoyed she chose that unworthy family over him, that indeed took part as well as the misunderstanding she did not love him but the money.

I'm still not satisfied the ex husband being the ML because he fucking only tried to win her by giving her money, house, car and support in career and that's not want she wanted. I felt like he ignored what FL wanted. She wanted to buy a house with her own ability because she was left helpless and useless after everything was taken away from her in her last life. It is quite disappointing how the writer did not emphasize that but only keep going in circle about FL rejecting ML and ML trying to get her with stupid way such as getting caught in camera kissing.

I wanted the FL to have more character development such as increasing her independents or something, even though she herself knew she was not capable and smart because of years being caged under ML (she was basically cut from other people since the ML told her to unfriend her friend in her last life, leaving her to reply on no one.). And in the end I dont think the writer accomplished what FL tried to do in the beginning of the novel.
    To gain ability to live without men support

I only read until ch 41 and have no right to say the ending but I still feel it was so long and I'm tired of reading about the celebrities lifestyle how everytime shes casted the character hate her or something but very repetitive so I'm stopping here.

And also I feel like her friends should have made more appearance because the only part they appeared the most was the beginning and the friends only calling her to check on her but she majority of time ignored their existence.

9. savii

savii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree... I soooo wanted the director to be the ml.. she likes him and he likes her.. I had such high expectations..then suddenly author decided no .. even the house mate was good . He and MC had same Goals.. buy house and get married.. but that guy was too timid and MC consideed him as a comrades than a suitor... Even her mother didn't like the ml and thought she will be at disadvantage of she married him...

10. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
  11. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    What's even romantic about that kind of ML? Well, I think not only this novel. Lack of character development is problem to most novels nowadays.

12. megane.no.megami

megane.no.megami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly... I cringed. A lot. The moment where he’s chasing after her and trying to prove that she’s the only one for him (even to the point of going to her maternal family’s estate and scaling balconies ala Romeo and Juliet style) felt forced... like the author is trying to convince both the reader and herself (or himself) that they’re meant to be together and that he’s the one for her... example: buying sanitary pads without blinking, offering comfort when she was scared of the dark, cleaning up all those other actresses who make her life difficult... you know standard MO for overbearing president chasing and pampering waifu... that kind of thing. I would have given this novel a 5-star rating if the author didn’t go that route. Reading this novel made me feel like it’s a copy of other reincarnation novels out there. But that’s just me.

13. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually... that's what makes it not refreshing. FLs are often forced into blaming themselves for being a product of their environment while MLs are pitied for it in most of these stories after all.

I immediately understood that from the MTL as well. I was wondering where the heck people were getting that she embezzled the funds from the ML to support her brother.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    imreallyanarwhal, LokaLari and Elihs like this.
  14. Reiujii

Reiujii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What's the ending of this one?