The most you've cared for a character

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by pass1478, Apr 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fteg123

fteg123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I care more for characters who have suffered some sort of trauma and are psychologically broken. I also care for characters that I can easily relate with.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    Maxwell likes this.
  3. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Traveling_bookworm01 likes this.
  4. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Hikigaya Hachiman - a character I truly fell in love with. There was so much of me I saw in him. There was this sense of closeness and empathy, from the very first moment I watched oregairu. This was a character that I thought was perfect. With all of his flaws and shortcomings, he was simply perfect.

The second most favorite character would be archer from fate/stay night. The character depth is insane. Especially the contrast he holds with emiya. The very concept of someone who has tried his best, acheived his goals and followed his ideals to the end, but still failed so miserably that he wants to kill his own past self. Kiritsugu would be a close competition at third.

So basically, I have a soft spot for characters who have failed, in one way or another. Broken of sorts.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  5. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Weed from LMS - even though he pisses me off quite a bit, he also made me laugh pretty hard at times.

Ji Ning from DE - although it was overkill with the dead waifu obsession, I really liked his growth throughout the novel.

6. Djoty

Djoty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tatsuya Shiba from Mahouka

7. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, good (or good that turn evil but initially good), maybe if I mention some:
    Fang Yuan from Reverend Insanity
    Ye Chen from Dominating Sword Immortal
    etc...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2020
  8. Hateit1143

Hateit1143 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me was the poison princesses from Dokuhimi. From young age(like literal infancy/toodler age)they are conditioned to kill, their very lives is actually just kill. Even when they are dead their body can still kill people. They kind of cannot be attached to people who are not alike to them, if they got too close they kill them by just being around without doing anything. Like that one maid whom Lycoris quite liked. And sad thing about the poison princesses is that after they fullfil their roles as a poison princess they only got death as a reward (same goes with them failing).

Next was "Greed" from the novel "Father" (Dunno if this is the real name, but I think it was because the siblings are based on sins. As well as the title of the novel since I MTL it years ago.). This is one of most memorable story I read, maybe to the dark and twisted the setting.

There are 7 siblings( with the special circumstances of Greed they are 8 in head counts). Among siblings Greed( separated himself into two one male and one girl, showing that they are twins when in fact they are not) are the only who get to know *their* mother(the mothers die in the process of giving birth like having the children inside them digging out their ways from their stomachs), although she is a real trash than the father(at least this guy recognized and tried in his most pathetic way to give attention and care for his children). The woman refused the real *greed* and insisted that the girl counterpart is the only child she bore, still true to the sin of the child(which they mostly got from her if I remember well) went ahead to become pregnant again to the last child of the siblings(Wrath, this guy is also pitiful he showed up in the last stages thus having a very few screen time in my opinion). Like most of the siblings they manifested their desire/love in most twisted ways( Did I mentioned this is a BL for the most parts?). Though considering the reasons why they are conceived to the world its kinda fitting.

From those I gave, the characters I cared for are mostly the helpless ones, though they can/have the ability to change their fates. But due to considerations they do their best for the ones they consider important, even if they got to suffer( in Lycoris' case dying and in Greed's living in two halves of itself).

Edit: Writing all this made me realize how mess up my preferences are now that I read it after I post it.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  9. AmethystCherry

AmethystCherry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Su ming, from Pursuit of truth, is what I can remember for now.
    Why? He's very innocent and is manipulated all the time struck by tragedy one after another, until.. he isn't innocent anymore. But even then, it doesn't get better, well in his opinion and in a sense it's true?

10. Raebit

Raebit Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The loyal one, and respecting someone.
    WHen they dying I'm-- /mad

11. CallMeJolea

CallMeJolea Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was going to say he's my choice too. He's so gentle, nice and genuine is hard to believe.

Also Momo from legendary master's wife, Lan Zhan from Founder of Diabolism and Tang Mo from The Eath Is Online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.