Discussion How to prevent moral corruption for our descendants?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Martialegg, Apr 26, 2020.

?

Do you think our descendant's moral corruption and decline is inevitable?

1. Yes.

26 vote(s)
    78.8%
  2. No.

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't coddle your children to much by giving the everything they want make them work there way up through the company from the most basic entry level position.

mir, imK and Martialegg like this.
  2. adrielpirate

adrielpirate Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if money was the only thing that makes you arrogant, so poor people are all saints/cattle?

arrogance comes from power.

money is a source of power
    muscle is a source of power
    connections is a source of power
    wittiness is a source of power

whatever... if the only thing you have is money... you will never perceive the others forms of power around you.
    the less you know about the world, the more you think you know... its called The Dunning Kruger Effect.

mir and Martialegg like this.
  3. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Depends on how you define "rich". Enough to send all your kids to a top collage without going into debt would be fairly wealthy, but probably still ok. But unless you win the lottery or have another kind of one-time windfall, there will come a point where more money doesn't help much and you should find something more meaningful to do with your time, or just spend more time with your family. Basically what I'm saying is, a good person probably won't become rich in the first place, so rich kids probably have selfish parents. Nothing weird about selfish parents raising selfish kids.

As for a better term than moral degradation, I think it would be arrogance and complacency. All the generations treat money and power as more important than ethics, the new ones just take having money and power for granted and don't work to keep it.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
    mir and Martialegg like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Two options come to mind
    Let nature take its course, it will be a long journey but at some point, maybe, people will actually become aware to make a better world, some concepts need to change and most of all, people need to take marriage and parenting seriously (because it all begins from the nuclear family, if parents aren't ready then they don't need to bring children to the world) etc.. :blobangel:
    Build a special secluded environment from the current world, in there, only special personel are allowed in, each new born will be taken from their parents and taken to that environment where the child will be raised on correct, just, fair principles and of course healthely with no contact in anyway with the outside world (except the personnel of course who aren't allowed to talk about the outside nor bring anything from the outside), those children will be called NG (neo generation) and they won't be allowed out till all outside current generations are extinct, then the neo generation will start a new world, of course there will be protests, insubordination, etc...:blobowoevil_horns:

Martialegg likes this.
  5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty much. We should always do our part and always offer them our helping hand... Taking that hand is up to them though, we can only pray that they do~

Martialegg likes this.
  6. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    You're working for who you are now and what you're gonna be able to give to your children/grand children. Anything further from that is not your responsibility. That's what I personally think. But honestly speaking, I don't really care. They can all die off in a ditch somewhere and I most likely wouldn't even be aware.

Martialegg likes this.
  7. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    The wealthy families I know who grew that money past three generations and are actually decent people all share the same commonalities.

1. They spent that money on quality healthcare and education.
    2. They taught their kids about finance/money management from a young age.
    3. They don't buy their kids anything extra. No new car at a certain age, no fancy birthday parties, no expensive holidays.
    4. Their kids knew not to rely on their parents for anything.
    5. The parents were firm about teaching their kids their own morals and values. Humility, compassion, honesty, simplicity and frugality are common themes.

I know plenty of families with a lot of money who retained and/or grew that wealth but most of them are assholes. I only deal with them for business/familial reasons. Trash.

Many families lose the fortune made by the first generation, because the first gen. fuck it up and forget to pass on the skills, values and experiences they had which helped shape them into winners. By the second or third gen the kids have high end tastes but lack the knowledge and personality to maintain it without being drip fed from the source which is why so many families go through cycles.

ex.
    1st gen - works hard, saves hard, gets paid. Gives birth to second gen. Showers them with all the things they never had. Second gen is now used to a higher standard of life than parents and the accompanying perks. Learns some of the values and skills of first gen.

2nd gen - works hard, expenses match lifestyle. Gives birth to third gen. Showers them with even more than second gen got from first and ups the standards ante without realizing it. Passes on some of the values and skills to third gen.

3rd gen - aka generation failboat. If second gen hasn't already blown through the makings of first gen, third gen will be there to pick up the slack. Having had their expectations raised they'll fail hard when the hit the proverbial wall. Might have learned enough or be naturally capable enough to make money, but not enough to cover their expenses. This is the generation that typically loses the family fortune.

8. Martialegg

Martialegg [World's most powerful Egg] [HazyPrecise's Senpai]

Reading List:
    Link
    So, basically money is only a small part of power, right?
    If you want my opinion, it's not that poor people are saints, but more like they don't even have the opportunity to become arrogant. All of their time are dedicated to keep the end's meet so that they could feed themselves. If they offended someone while they're still poor, they will just courting death themselves. Envy and lust perhaps, but most likely not because of power or pride.

Also, I think you just exaggerating my meaning just by seeing my view toward rich people. I never mention poor people are saint, right? ;-;

vlue likes this.
  9. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple: Don't reproduce and instead adopt!

10. GDLiZy

GDLiZy Wise Deepsea Mermaid

Reading List:
    Link
    Moral changed with time and is pretty subjective. My answer is no, you can't stop the change, but will it be bad or good? That— I don't know.

vlue, mir and Fulminata like this.
  11. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    like what a commenter said, what is moral?

Aside from that, this elusive thing called "moral" and "values" would change and evolve from time to time. Maybe 300 years ago, seeing someone wearing a bikini in public is preposterous, while now it's just something normal.
    i seconded this answer

nahh, even there are prideful poors. pride is just a human nature. someone point out this logic to me a long time ago : "when you don't have any money or richness, then what's left? empth dignity and pride" :aww:

Coffea to Ell likes this.
  12. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Leave no descendants behind. Problem solved.

Villager Anonymous likes this.
  13. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Let them go through thin, let them struggle, and let them face their own world's while you watch and advise them.

14. Hegao

Hegao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Imo you and your spouse should good role model for your children. Keeping teaching them whats good and bad morality from young age and keeping them in good company. Let them be befriend with good people. Not just mix with anyone who could be bad influence and lastly internet would great influence at young age so parental control.

15. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a Chinese proverb that says, Wealth never lasts for three generations: First Generation creates the wealth, Second Generation grows the wealth, Third Generation spends the wealth. Money matters, due to their nature, are always sensitive and an emotional subject.

The Chinese fu er dai are perfect examples of third generation assholes. Well, not all of them are assholes, Ai-chan knows a few who are quite fun to be around. That doesn't change the fact that they're all jerks.

Perhaps the only way to prevent degeneration of your descendants is to provide a familial goal. You know, such as a first generation dude by the name of Wan Sum Fuk giving a direction that the Wan family must be the first to reach the moon within 50 years and whoever managed to get that to happen will receive the grand total of the inheritance regardless of who the heir at the time would be.

Coffea to Ell and imK like this.
  16. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    With this
    [​IMG]

And this
    [​IMG]

That only works for second generation.

Third generation? easy toss them into street, Starve them.

There you go no need to thank me.

Ai chan likes this.
  17. whitespace

whitespace Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How to fight the light with a pitchfork? Same kind of a question. And the answer is also of the same cloth. You don't try. Why even bother thinking so far? Things will always be different. So all i do is trying not to destroy environment i live in. Nothing else really matters.

18. ElefantVerd

ElefantVerd It's not me, and it's not you.

Reading List:
    Link
    Your question made me wonder, can you create a stable familiar nucleous that can resist the passing of time? Something like a Dynasty? I would like to create an environment all my descendants, that did absolutely nothing to deserve that, could enjoy themselves and maintain that.

The first point I think is to create a tribal mentality, something like "everyone is equal, but we are the Goburins.", and "United we stand". Create a set of core values that can sustain the mentality, like "everyone must give his best to the Goburins with his talents and resources", "no Goburing will be left without a home, a work, education, and all advantages of modern life". There must be a place event to the clumsiest and dumbest Goburin, and the smart ones must get all support and opportunities. Looking down on a Goburing would not be tolerated, even inside the family.

The second point is to create a means to maintain this mentality, something like a source of riches. Somethign that the government would not try to end, so no criminal activities. Something that demands some effort to produce results, so people wanting to take it will think "nah, too much work". Engaging in the external world will be necessary, the Goburins will need to be inside the government, the media, the military, the science institutes, everything and everywhere must have a Goburin at least.

The third point is to create a means to defend that source of riches. All Goburins must push the Goburin agenda. Any enemy must be turned an ally if strong, or be utterly defeated if weak. Anything tha can be a danger to the Goburin must be dealt accordingly, be in the government, economy, health, and so on.

There are more. Every non-Goburin must be seen like a potential Goburin, waiting to be absorbed. Every person that can be converted must be. The Goburins must grow like a cancer. Well, almost like a cancer. It is bad to be too conspicuous. Side clans must be treated as important as the main clan. Because if the main clain is exterminated by some disaster or enemy, the side clans must rebuild it.

I think that is the starting point. Create a self-replicant mindset and conditions for it to flourish. Something self-sustainable. It must be adaptable, but it must have some core values. It msut have some power, but if you can do it in a way that the power is not volatile as money and properties, better (the mindset can be this).

I think this is a multi-gerational project. Something you start and only your grandchild will see it taking form.

Gon_ and mir like this.
  19. Beleren

Beleren Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hard times create good men. Good men create good times. Good times create bad men. Bad men create hard times.

Solution: Throw the 3rd and 6th and 9th and so descendants into poverty and never let them know. Literally never. Even when you eventually just accidentally stumble upon them after they have grown into fine and hardworking people and """"adopt""" them as your grandkids.

Gon_ likes this.
  20. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link