Spoiler The Low-Intelligence Female Supporting Character, Waiting For Death Online [Quick Transmigration]

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Alina Moktan, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Alina Moktan

Alina Moktan LaLisa Stole My Heart

Reading List:
    Link
    @Aisha Ann will love this, she doesn't like original male protagonist.
    I know right that kind of scum can't be ML.
    Thank god, MC know how to love and cherish herself. I like world hopping novel like this. I haven't read real world story arcs. thank you for spoiler

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank god he is not ML!!! Gosh. Actually, I also pity that guy. If the transmigrator is so not hung up on the original plot thus forever guilty and insecure, they could have been a happy couple (I mean him and the transmigrator). Cause let's be real, even if that is the original plot, it is just a dream for him and it won't be his reality anymore. But transmigrator just need to walk the evil path.

3. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah , it’s not his actual thoughts and he never had the time to correct his actions .

4. nrelectrostrudelini

nrelectrostrudelini Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anyone know what's going on with the chapters? Is the novel really over? ;_; My ship was sailing, I want moreeeeee

5. CreamPuffu

CreamPuffu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah we need more ;w; the story just begun
    Anyway, there funny moment of MC and Jiang Fei I really loved it!
    First meeting in system
    MC: How u died?
    JF: Car accident
    MC: You drive eh??
    JF: No, I'm walking and the car hit me
    MC: What a disaster, you are too miserable
    JF: Thank you, it's okay
    MC: .... There's no need to thank this?

Raw never update after the arc end, so I checked it again and see that 'END' at the last line of chapter. NO!! It must be hallucination....:blobastonished:

Xi-hime, RiannNeko, JoshyM62 and 4 others like this.
  6. Shimozuki Yue

Shimozuki Yue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Open ending? Noooooo

7. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    Ehhhhh did it end?? Just like that??!! Is that "finish" word on chapter 131 real?? :sushi_dead:

Why??!!!! I want to see her possible new relationship with Jiang Fei ah!!!??? Such black bellied couple.. One with innocent face and one with gentle persona:blobxd:

I'm so so so sad!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, this series is really fun.. Of course I cried in most arcs (I did skipped some chapters for the last arc/body swap arc).

My favorite is the switched at birth arc.. It was so sad and vicious!! And possible ML is also there... Their banter was so cute...:aww: I was wondering if JF is also someone from time and space because he was too laid back . I'm glad to see him when Ye Wei went to give course introduction.

AHHHHHHHH, Such a good book but end at 1++ chapters. I can't expressed how much sadness I feel right now. (ㄒoㄒ)
    So I'm gonna spam this:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::blobdevil:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  8. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    It is amazing right?? How Jiang Fei only there a tiny bit appearance here and there but all of us want him to be the ML??!!! I mean I wish it for so long since he followed our MC to go back to her mountain village. When he wanted to exchange biscuit by carrying her luggage!! His black belliedness and scheming mind is just too eye-catching... So compatible with out vicious yet misunderstood MC!!!! :blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

Maybe I'm tired of Prince in shining white armor trope ML lol that I attracted to vicious supporting character (villain style):blobowoevil_horns::blobowoevil_horns:

9. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    ah Unimpressed Side Character.. I cried a bucket in each arc. I dare not read it chapter by chapter. The agony will be too much:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Ray Levantret likes this.
  10. Sasa

Sasa The bored bookworm

Reading List:
    Link
    I checked jjwxc website and it seemed they updated chapter 132 titled [Excellent staff] , 2 days ago. Not sure if it already available elsewhere... I saw one of the commenter saying

[Ye Wei: I am single person who leaned solely on my strength. No one wants to snatch my best employee award!]

Ah I wonder what is going on.. People also kept saying [scatter flower] so I guess this is really completed:sushi_peak: I'm sad...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  11. nrelectrostrudelini

Reading List:
    Link
    I enjoy villain ML's too, hehe, especially the ones who become puppies for the FL. AND RIGHT? Jiang Fei was hands down the best person in that arc. I'm so sad if they actually did leave it open ended but it makes sense. ;_; I'll just go quietly imagine fanfic for them....

elaii03 and eagerreadergirl like this.
  12. nrelectrostrudelini

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so I checked the raws website as well and I saw Jiang Fei as the chapter title for the newest chapter?! Omg fingers crossed

13. CreamPuffu

CreamPuffu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's update on jjwxc! Just after I gone ( TДT)
    So it's about Jiang Fei boi and key word 'Sprinkle flower'??? I really love how elegant yet badass personality of these MC and JF. Normally, I don't like 100+ chapters chinese novel but this story is exception. Wish autor can keep this on since it fun and easy to mtl:blobicecreamlove:

Sasa likes this.
  14. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys! A translation update: someone's emailed me about picking up the series as a main project (instead of a side teaser like what I was planning) and I said yes, no prob. So you might get steady releases of this story soon in English, yay!

15. araarq

araarq Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The final chapter is from Jiang Fei’s perspective. At first, he’s not sure of the MC is the MC from his memories, but he deduces it later. When Jiang Fei confronts MC saying it’s you isn't it. He then says since i recognized you, that means i’m the best employee, and you’ve got a bit of work to do. MC was confused, thinking that there were still employees underestimating her.

sharlnina, Xi-hime, RiannNeko and 6 others like this.
  16. eagerreadergirl

eagerreadergirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for all the spoilers for this story, everyone! I'm MTLing it now but it's... rough going so having your spoilers as an outline really helps a lot!

And oh my god, I absolutely LOVE Ye Wei (the FL/task-taker). I don't even care if she ends up with someone, although I do think that Jiang Fei seems like he'd be a good match for her. She's so shameless, cunning, brazen, and utterly devoted to her own goals... and I don't want her to ever flip or change her character just to curry favor with some guy.

In fact, Ye Wei's ANTI golden-thigh-grabbing are the best part about her, as it's SO contrary to the whole make-men-happy bullsh!t we see in most novels featuring female protagonists. The fact that she couldn't give a flying f@ck about making the MLs happy with her only makes me like her all the more!

Also, I wanted to cheer when I saw that she told the original ML of her life to go take a hike after he abandoned her. Thank GOD she didn't just let him slither back as though he didn't do anything wrong. She don't need no feckless man, damn it. I stan this feminist queen!

Xi-hime, JoshyM62 and CreamPuffu like this.
  17. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, I just finished the second arc via the MTLNovel.com link and it broke my HEART. Here's a quick summary:

In this world, Ye Wei (our beloved MC/task-taker) is playing a vicious low-iq supporting female anti-hero who is the sickly fiancee of the CEO ML Zhong Shen. This is a great deconstruction of the typical CEO novel plot where the CEO is a cold ice-block who has a fiancee who is crazy about him but ends up dumping her for a sweet and "pure" ordinary woman (FL Shen Yingying) with no particularly great qualities besides the lead heroine aura. And of course, as the vicious fiancee, Ye Wei's role is to promote their love by viciously bullying the heroine at every turn, giving the CEO ML time to rescue the heroine from various plots and eventually renounce his engagement to marry the heroine. As the sickly fiancee, Ye Wei eventually dies after having all her plots thwarted.

In any case, Ye Wei flings herself into the role with a vigor... although she's trying not to damage the CEO ML Zhong Shen because she lost 30 points in world 1 for damaging that CEO with her death. The entire arc begins with her having the heroine come to her hospital bed to apologize for supposedly provoking a heart-attack in Ye Wei... although Ye Wei is, of course, faking said heart-attack. Ye Wei takes this opportunity to tell the heroine to scram out of the ML's company. The heroine figures out why when the ML unexpectedly drops by and reveals himself to be the Big Boss CEO.

During this scene, we get more of the backstory of this world's Ye Wei, who is really pitiful. She's one of those "I've always loved him" types who chased about the ML since kindergarten and whose family always backed up the ML's family. Their marriage was arranged because they were both of equal status AND she was crazy about him... and he agreed because as an ice-block, he doesn't care until he meets the heroine. Of course, in the typical plot, he ends up ditching his fiancee for his heroine after many trials, having an emotional affair while pretending it's a "pure friendship," blah blah.

Anyway, Ye Wei goes about "interfering" in a hilarious way. She basically hooks up with yet another vicious anti-heroine woman (Zhang Kexin) to make the heroine's life miserable and get plenty of evidence of the heroine and ML's many "rooftop meetings" out to the press, so lots of dirty water splashes on the heroine. However, while doing so, she has some great confrontations with the hero where she makes the great point that:

1) Why the hell is CEO ML hanging out with his "friend" the heroine so often, when he won't even meet his fiancee to go ring shopping? Why is he putting more time and effort into his "friendship" with a random woman than in the marriage he wants to have? Even after the CEO ML FIGHTS to keep the engagement to Ye Wei, he keeps neglecting her relationship while sneaking off to have rooftop dates with his "friend" the FL.

2) Every time CEO ML wants to "apologize" to the fiancee (Ye Wei, our MC) for embarrassing her for CONTINUING to hang out with the heroine, he ends up confronting his fiancee for hurting the heroine. How TF is his apologies sincere then?! Why does he keep trying to get YW to confess all her sins while pretending he's sad for all the sh!t he's pulled on her?

Where Ye Wei screws up is when she honestly ends up showing her contempt and indifference to the CEO ML, even going so far as to cancel the engagement TWICE. (Although the CEO ML actually REVERSES the first cancellation, as he's uneasy about her suddenly starting to slip away from him after so many years of chasing him). Once the CEO ML realizes that something he took for granted (Ye Wei's love) is gone, he focuses on that FAR more than on the heroine, which ends up screwing with their timeline. It's pretty fascinating seeing how gleeful Ye Wei is in thinking she's pushing the ML and FL together... and then to see his side of the story, where he spends so much time thinking about Ye Wei that he ends up treating the FL like a really insignificant problem.

(Also, weird as it is, I really like the frenemies-style relationship that Ye Wei ends up developing with Zhang Kexin, the other vicious low-IQ cannon fodder woman who's in love with the CEO ML and is trying to steal him away. Their bickering and Ye Wei's way of handling her is hilarious... as is the way that ZK assumes YW is an evil genius!)

Really, it's pretty fascinating how Ye Wei goes from being a woman who loves the CEO ML and would do anything for him... to being a woman scorned who seems ready to burn down the earth in order to satisfy her lust for vengeance! She even costs his company BILLIONS of dollars because of the dirty news she spreads about the reason he supposedly cancelled their engagement due to some random woman (the FL)!

Finally, they ALL have a final confrontation at a very fancy birthday party for an elder where the heroine, the heroine's new would-be boyfriend, the CEO ML, Ye Wei, and Zhang Kexin (other vicious female lead) come into play. Near the end, Ye Wei again confronts the CEO ML and heroine, basically telling them that they can kiss her @Zz with their shitty apologies, as they screwed her over with their "friendship". However, things take a shocking turn when some rando tries to kill the CEO ML due to a previous grudge... and Ye Wei (who knows she has to die anyway) throws herself in front of the CEO ML to save him, which leads to her own gruesome and terrible death.

And of course, because of that, Ye Wei instantly becomes the CEO ML's white moonlight forever... and he basically spends the rest of his life mourning her, regretting the fact that he took her love for granted and never giving her ANYTHING (not even a measly date) in return for all her decades of love. Needless to say, this derails his relationship with the FL and lands poor Ye Wei a measly 60/100 points... supposedly because she died in such an ugly way, she ended up giving everyone nightmares!

The end of the arc is truly sad and touching... and honestly, what I liked best about the end is:

1) Zhang Kexin (the second brainless woman after the CEO ML) actually has an incredibly touching and sad "conversation" with Ye Wei's mute grave after she dies. She rails against Ye Wei, telling her that Ye Wei both succeeded (as she's made it so that the CEO ML will NEVER be able to move on from her) but also failed (because she lost her life and sacrificed her parents' happiness for the sake of a man who never appreciated her in life). It actually was a surprisingly emotionally complex and moving scene... especially out of the mouth of a total cannon fodder character!

2) Ye Wei actually knew her temporary parents would be devastated by her death, as she was their beloved only child, so she arranged for them to have a dream where she begged them to move on with her life. She then gave them the chance to adopt a young boy after she died so they could hopefully have something meaningful left in their lives.

And finally, here's my cleaned up version of the MTL'd regrets of the CEO ML in this arc. It's so sad... but honestly, I can't say he didn't deserve the lifetime of regret he got for being so cold to his fiancee for so many years!

And in Zhong Shen's (CEO ML) dream, Ye Wei (the MC) was always lying in a pool of blood. She would always open her eyes and look at him, telling him not to be afraid.

Don't be afraid, don't be afraid, don't be afraid ...

These became the three most memorable words in his life.

She saved him with her life... yet she was still worried that she would scare him as she died.

He regretted all that he had done to her countless times, as he always remembered a past in which he would neglect her. Even as she chased after him, hoping that he would accompany her, he could have just given her a look and said a casual word, and she would be happy.

But he always rejected her.

For all those years, he didn't give her any happy memories, no company, no care, no joy -- and even gave her so much pain as she died .

This became a thorn in his heart, which he would never forget or pull out.

He knew that if time could just reverse, he would treat her well and fulfill all her wishes.

Unfortunately, there is no medicine for regret in the world. No matter how fierce his regret was, he couldn't even gift Ye Wei with incense. Ye's father hated him so much that he made sure that Ye Wei's grave was always guarded. Zhong Shen was not allowed to approach her grave, only to glance at it from a distance.

Zhang Kexin was right. She used to run after him. It was hard for her to even look at him. Yet now that Zhong Shen had turned to look for Ye Wei, he knew how hard it was to see her.

He regretted all he had done and yet, it was too late.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  18. Miki04

Miki04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Another chapter 133! Looks like this is the End because of the title END:blobsob::blobsob::blobsob::blobsob: I could only MTL a bit but there are some parts that my brain didn't understand:blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy::blobdizzy:

From the looks of it, Jiang Fei is in MC's world and is talking some marriage:blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

Warning: This is came from pure MTL
    Ye Wei: "When are you going? The vacation hasn't finished yet?"
    Jiang Fei: "No hurry"
    Ye Wei: "No more Anxious, I'm afraid you can't go if you want to go"
    Jiang Fei: "Not afraid"
    Ye Wei: "...?"
    Jiang Fei: "It's not that easy to marry me"
    Ye Wei: "..."

Please can someone explain Chapter 133 more:cry::cry::cry::cry: A part of my brain couldn't understand the chapter

sharlnina, Xi-hime, JoshyM62 and 5 others like this.
  19. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished the third world and sadly, I don't think it was as good as world 1 (the superstar world) or world 2 (the CEO ML world). Bit of a meh ending, although I appreciated how shameless Ye Wei (our beloved MC) was in that world.

Long story short... in this third world (another modern-era business world), Ye Wei is the brainless cannon fodder gold-digger ex-girlfriend of the ML (Mo Yu). The ML is the illegitimate son of a hugely successful businessman and is his father's "true" heir (because of course, his sh!tty father favors the "beloved" illegitimate son over the "legitimate son." The whole dog's blood drama plot is all about the ML showing how much better he is compared to his villainous brother (villain Mo Yuan), a disabled man who lost his leg due to being kidnapped by the mob and mostly abandoned by the father. (Seriously, the father is TRASH in this story, even though the original novel readers are "supposed" to like him because he favors the ML).

In any case, Ye Wei's role in the plot is to: (1) show how evil villain brother Mo Yuan is, and (2) let the ML to hook up with the FL (Miao Shuya, a fellow classmate & business student whose supposed to be smart and bright and blah blah).

We basically just follow her as she goes back and forth from one brother to another, although in her inimitable way, Ye Wei ends up making the brothers confused about her motive. Although they originally thought she was just a brainless gold-digger, she points out that the actually broke up with the ML because she thought he was cheating on her with the FL. In fact, the ML was the one who wronged Ye Wei first by ignoring her phone calls about a pre-arranged date in order to work on a school project. And FL added fuel to the fire by picking up Ye Wei's phone calls during that time to tell Ye Wei that the ML was busy sleeping... which made Ye Wei think the ML was cheating on the FL, leading Ye Wei to (apparently) dump the ML in a fit of rage and resentment.

In fact, Ye Wei is so good (TOO good) at her job that she even manages to come off looking clean about why she left the ML for the villain brother! As she explains it to the ML eventually, she ran off to the comfort of the villain brother because HE seemed to care more about Ye Wei's problems. Not only did he treat Ye Wei to a luxurious life, he seemed to care a lot about the problems Ye Wei had in the workplace -- problems that the ML in contrast blew off. (Of course, within the story, the villain brother was the one who manipulated Ye Wei into having problems in the workplace... but Ye Wei was not "supposed" to know that). So really, as Ye Wei explains it to the ML -- she's not much of a gold-digger, just a girl who dumped a neglectful boyfriend for another man who seemed better, only to realize Man 2 was a scum-bag also.

Finally, in a stroke of genius, Ye Wei also confronts the ML and the FL about how they expect far more trust from HER than they even show to each other. Throughout various times in the story, the ML and the FL smugly tell Ye Wei that if ONLY she trusted the ML not to cheat early on, she never would have left the ML and could have stayed with him even as the ML became the favored heir to his rich and powerful father.

However, once Ye Wei leaves the villain brother's house to go back to ML (a plot point that the villain brother initially wanted, only to learn how lonely he was once she actually left), the FL shows how little trust she has in the ML also. The FL catches Ye Wei sleeping over at ML's house and runs away, even though Ye Wei texts her to have more faith in the ML. Eventually, the three have a three-way confrontation where Ye Wei points out their hypocrisy. How is she supposed to have put so much faith in the ML when even the "wonderful and discerning" FL doesn't do it? Why do they expect Ye Wei to be superhumanly enduring when they can't even meet the same standard? This is honestly SUCH a great confrontation scene!

Sadly, the story kinda degrades after that. Ye Wei gets kidnapped by the same group of thugs who screwed up the villain brother's legs -- although she's mostly kidnapped because the ML wasn't actually around. The villain brother threatens his father with the ML's life in order to get the father's cooperation to rescue Ye Wei, showing how much the villain brother really cares for (maybe even loves?) Ye Wei. Ye Wei has a couple of hilarious scenes where she interacts with the thugs and gets them to give her a gun, promising to shoot both sh!tty Mo brothers for screwing with her life.

Eventually, mid-rescue and after pretending she's trying to kill the ML trying to rescue her, she dies... satisfied and thinking she went out like a villainous woman. However, sadly, it turns out the villain brother captured video that makes it look as though Ye Wei heroically sacrificed herself to save the ML while only PRETENDING to try to kill the ML. So the ML ends up grief-stricken for Ye Wei and breaks it off with the FL out of guilt and shock.

Somehow, Ye Wei still manages to get 100/100 points, probably because the villain brother didn't publicize Ye Wei's "sacrifice" immediately to the ML... but the higher-ups are still concerned about WTF Ye Wei is doing to constantly turn her into the ML's white moonlight. At least Ye Wei doesn't seem to realize she screwed up this time!

...Overall, this arc was kind of a let-down. I would have liked more interactions between Ye Wei and the villain brother, as they had a nice, interesting chemistry with one another. There also wasn't quite as much face-slapping as I would have wanted to see. Really, the best part of the arc was when Ye Wei managed to amass so many luxury goods... when she left the villain brother's house, she didn't just stomp off -- she hired moving trucks and took ALL her clothes, makeup, bags, and even furniture with her.

And another funny part was when the father tried to pay her $5 million dollars to leave the legitimate villain son... only to find that Ye Wei came back to the villain son after said villain offered her $10 million to stay. I had to quote this part of their conversation, it was so much fun:

Mo Shizong's (Father's) face turned black: "Ye Wei, have you forgotten what you promised me? Mo Yuan (villain son), do you think this woman is a good person? Do you know she took my five million to leave you? She just likes money and will follow whoever has the money! "

Mo Yuan had a handsome face, yet those dark, gloomy eyes made people feel cold when they looked into them. Even Mo Shizong didn't like looking at Mo Yuan's eyes. Every time he saw his son's stare, he felt chills run down his spine.

Embarrassed, Ye Wei said, "Uncle, I'm sorry, I didn't forget my promise. I did leave when I took your money. I'm absolutely sincere and didn't lie to you."

Mo Shizong asked, "So why are you still here?"

Ye Wei scratched her cheeks and said with a smile, "Because Mr. Mo gave me ten million yuan, and let me stay... So if you want me to go, you can always increase your own price?"

Mo Shizong: "... ????"

Ye Wei: "Uncle, you are also a businessman. You also know that my price is high. You see, although I am not a businessman, I also can negotiate like I'm an item at the mall, can't I?"

Mo Shizong: "... !!!"

Ye Wei also thinks she can be bought and sold like a potential item for sale at the mall, which is amazing!

Mo Shizong never thought that Ye Wei could be so shameless. Shameless people are usually clueless, but none of them is as shameless as Ye Wei.

Mo Shizong's face sank. His ability to hold a poker face had formed over the years and made him look indifferent. He looked so intimidating that Ye Wei was naturally scared. She shrank back. "Am I doing anything wrong?"

Mo Shizong yelled: "Did you still forget that the most important thing in buying something is honesty? You didn't believe my words (threats), and you turned your back on them. You thought you were far more clever than you really were -- only you ended up lifting a stone to hit yourself with!"

Ye Wei felt enlightened by his words and said, "Uncle is right."

Mo Shizong: "..." He found that Ye Wei could say such shameless words! It has been a long time since he had met someone as baffling as Ye Wei. It was with great difficulty, then, that Mo Shizong suppressed the anger in his heart and said: "I'm talking about your shamelessness in selling yourself off, don't you understand?"

Ye Wei: "Uncle made a lot of sense, but we are not actually in a shopping mall after all. This is a private matter and can't be treated as though we're in a mall."

Mo Shizong: "... !!!"

How could this person be so shameless? !!

At this moment, he felt annoyed by seeing Ye Wei more. Instead, he turned to look at Mo Yuan on one side: "This is your so-called girlfriend? Do you think she is at all suitable to be the daughter-in-law of the Mo family? How can she support or help you in any way? "

Mo Yuan's somber complexion was getting better. He looked gentle and mild: "It doesn't matter. Since she's my woman she doesn't need to do anything she doesn't want to do. As a man, if I couldn't even handle a situation this simple, there would be no need for me to get married."

Ye Wei was very moved: "Mr. Mo, you are so good to me. Uncle, don't worry! For the sake of becoming Mr. Mo's bride, I will study hard, work hard, and strive to be a qualified daughter-in-law of the Mo family. I won't don't humiliate the Mo family."

Mo Shizong felt that his blood pressure was rising: "You think too highly of yourself!"

Ye Wei said: "Uncle should believe in me. I have strong learning ability."

Mo Shizong said, with great disdain, "So the decision to marry into our family is up to you? Oh."

Ye Wei replied, "Uncle you are old and you don’t understand. Youth is my greatest capital. Young people learn everything fast! Uncle is still young to understand this idea, right?"

Mo Shizong: "........."

Mo Shizong hasn't been in such a rage for a very long time, but this Ye Wei made him felt boiling waves of anger over and over again, making him feel almost bloody!

"Mo Yuan, let me tell you clearly, this woman will never want to enter the door of my Mo family as a bride! In fact, I have already found a marriage candidate for you and I will arrange a meeting for you tomorrow."

After putting off the ruthless words, no matter how Mo Yuan reacted, his father turned decisively to leave!

But Ye Wei interrupted his exit saying: "Uncle, aren't you going downstairs? The elevator is here, you are going in the wrong direction."

Mo Shizong: "........."

He felt as though his soul was leaving his body.

Seriously, I cannot stop laughing at how great Ye Wei is at interrupting these usual dramatic scenes with her shameless antics. It's like her super-power, honestly!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  20. eagerreadergirl

Reading List:
    Link
    Just finished the 4th World/Arc (I'm on a roll!) so I'll give a summary for it, since this was a really interesting (and somewhat convoluted) one.

This is an other modern world arc (really, they all seem to be), where Ye Wei (our beloved MC/task-taker) is the "replacement girlfriend" to the frosty Male Lead, Xu Chi. This is a little bit of a convoluted world, as the "actual girlfriend" (Liang Ruowei, the "heroine"/Female Lead) is a reincarnated person. The backstory of the entire world is that the ML and FL had one of those sickly-sweetheart backgrounds where they were friends since practically birth and the FL was one of the ML's main supports after his parents tragically died when he was young. Although she was 3 years older than he, always looked out for her, doted on her, etc. Eventually, they started dating and he was so serious, he was thinking about marrying her.

However, although the FL appreciated ML's love, she took him for granted and at one point, told him she wanted to study abroad and wanted him to come with her. He refused because he didn't want to leave the country for the sake of his grandfather, a big-shot businessman with health issues. He instead asked her to stay and marry him. The FL was one of the proud, haughty ojou-sama types and so, told him off, went and lived her life, and came back only after a couple of years passed.

Meanwhile, poor Yu Wei is the "replacement girlfriend" the ML found to take the FL's place. The ML went to a bad place for a while after the FL left him, becoming something of an alcoholic and abusing his body even though he has a reputation as an ice block. (The selfish FL even heard about his troubles from her friend but refused to call or console the ML -- which ended up hurting the ML's feelings for her).

The ML eventually met Yu Wei, an ordinary college student from a normal family, and was struck by how similar she was to the FL. He ended up basically seducing her, chasing her around, and making her think he fell in love with her at first sight. (It's implied they got intimate very shortly after they met, which made the original Yu Wei even more convinced he was in love with her, they would get married, etc.)

Along the way, the ML started "reshaping" Yu Wei into being like the FL -- even getting poor Yu Wei to dress up like the FL, only bringing Yu Wei to places where they would eat and drink what the FL wanted, only doing events the FL liked, etc. Basically, this scum-bag ML just made Yu Wei into the girl he wanted -- and the original Yu Wei went along with it because she loved him and she thought he just wanted her to be "higher class" to suit him.

In the first timeline (before the FL's rebirth), the FL only came back after three years to find the ML and Yu Wei in a stable relationship. She tried to win back the ML but he rebuffed her because although he (probably) didn't love Yu Wei, they were together so long, he had deep enough feelings for her to stick with her. He still cared enough about the FL to help her after her Liang family collapsed due to some business rivals... but ultimately, even after the FL battled Yu Wei for him (causing Yu Wei to have a miscarriage due to the fighting?), he stuck with Yu Wei and even married her, wanting a calm happy home life instead of endless drama. The FL eventually got drunk out of despair, got into a car crash, died, and the "reborn" into the second timeline.

In the second timeline (after the FL's death), the FL reincarnated about a year into her study abroad. Instead of waiting a few years to come back to the ML, she came back to the country to find him and rip him away from Yu Wei. At this time, the ML was already in a relationship with Yu Wei but he hadn't necessarily deepened his feelings for her... so the FL still had lots of hope that she would be able to seduce the ML away. Ironically, Yu Wei (not taking over the task of the replacement girlfriend) wants the very same thing... However, ironically, Yu Wei's actions completely end up making it impossible for the FL to get the ML back again!

Basically, Yu Wei acts SO magnanimously and maturely in this situation that FL comes off looking like a total azzhole and ML ends up really regretting how poorly he treated her and how easily Yu Wei leaves him. At first, when the FL tries to make Yu Wei jealous over how the ML only gives Yu Wei gifts that are the same as the items FL like (same jewelry, etc.), Yu Wei plays stupid and says: "Oh, you and the ML like the same things? You really did grow up together, like brother and sister!"

When the FL tries to embarrass Yu Wei and seduce the ML by making a public apology for leaving him to study abroad, Yu Wei graciously urges the ML to accept the apology, as Yu Wei actually WANTS them to rekindle their feelings. However, the ML ends up feeling damn guilty over how trusting Yu Wei is, as he knows (implicitly, at least) that he's been using Yu Wei all along as a substitute for the FL.

Eventually, after a few more episodes of the FL acting like a total d!ck to poor Yu Wei, they have a confrontation where Yu Wei stumbles onto the FL and ML talking about how Yu Wei is really just a substitute for the FL. The ML is, of course, no longer even sure he wants the FL and keeps trying to backtrack on the possibility of their relationship... but the FL is insistent and Yu Wei finally decides to reveal her cards, accept their relationship, and wish them all luck. It's actually incredibly hilarious and yet, kind of touching to see how they all react to Yu Wei honestly wishing them the best of luck as she moves beyond their bullshit.

Here's a short edited MTL of the scene:

Ye Wei (MC) didn't listen to Xu Chi's (ML) denials about wanting to be with Liang Ruowei (FL). She looked at Xu Chi and was very serious: "Actually, when I saw Liang Ruowei, I understood your true heart. I realized I may not even love you compared to her.She cares so much for you -- so much that I feel ashamed. So I opted out, Ah Chi, you deserve the best love. "

Xu Chi: "?????"

Liang Ruowei: "... !!!"

Cao Heng (ML's Best Friend Who Keeps Trying to Hook Up ML & FL): "... ????? !!!"

What did Yu Wei mean by "the best love"?

Ye Wei ’s response was completely beyond Liang Ruowei’s (FL's) expectations. She had no idea that things would turn out like this. She thought that Ye Wei, who knew she was just a stand-in, would be angry, disappointed, and mad. She could almost imagine Ye Wei, who just learned the truth, being pained and embarrassed. After all, what woman could endure knowing that her boyfriend never really liked her and considered her to be a substitute for another woman?

She thought that when Ye Wei suddenly learned the truth, Yu Xei would be so angry that she would lost her mind and start screaming at Xu Chi, asking him why he bothered to court her in the first place. Liang Ruowei knew Xu Chi and knew that Xu Chi's least favorite was arguing with people. So she thought that in this sudden situation that no one could prepare for, Yu Wei would explode and the relationship would only get worse.

In this way, Liang Ruowei would naturally get the opportunity to come between Yu Wei and Xu Chi and break their relationship.

But Liang Ruowei did not expect that while Ye Wei was indeed angry and disappointed, she would keep calm. Liang Ruowei could see Ye Wei's pain from her pale face, but Ye Wei did not lose her mind! In fact, not only did Ye Wei not lose her mind, she even condemned Liang Ruowei [as a homewrecker] in a clear and orderly manner. Liang Ruowei was sentenced to [social] death in a few words. She became a woman who satisfied her personal selfish desires -- a third person in a relationship who seduced another woman's boyfriend!

There were words of understanding and acceptance in Yu Wei's mouth, but she was actually being sarcastic and cutting!

This woman is really not easy!

[Liang Ruowei goes on to talk about how this news will eventually get to the ML's grandfather and besmirch her in his eyes, making her less likely to be the ML's future bride].

Not only did Ye Wei spoil Liang Ruowei's reputation without saying a word, she also made Xu Chi feel more and more as though what he did to her was truly wrong. In this way, naturally, he felt even more guilty and distressed to Ye Wei. The more she rejected and resisted him, the guiltier he felt.

The last thing Ye Wei said was: "I wish you happiness."

After this sentence, Ye Wei turned and went to leave.

Liang Ruowei saw Ye Wei's look of loss and sadness. She looked at Xu Chi, whose beautiful eyes were red and whose mouth twisted into a helpless sigh. Sure enough, Xu Chi showed regret. And Liang Ruowei couldn't help gritting his teeth -- after all who was this gesture for?

No, she can't let Ye Wei's tricks succeed! [Note: This bish Liang Ruowei still thinks that Yu Wei is trying to guilt the damn ML into staying with her]

Liang Ruowei: "Ye Wei, you don’t have to say anything you don't want to here. In fact, you don't have to force yourself to bless me, as I don't want your blessing. Indeed, you must be blaming us (the shitty ML & FL for cheating on you) in your heart. I'm a junior, and I have nothing to say, because in the eyes of those who don't understand the inside story, I did something wrong. "

Liang Ryowei: "I also know that you hate Xu Chi for cheating you and hurting you, so you can call him a scum if you want. After all, I know you must be very angry and dissapointed so I can let you vent your rage on us. In fact, no matter what you say, I won't say one more word in my defense. I just want you to calm down. Let ’s talk about it then. "

Liang Ruowei: "In fact, Ye Wei, I have always felt guilty about you. I think Xu Chi feels the same and I hope we can make up for the harm we've caused you [with our affair]."
    is the same, and I hope I can make up for the harm done to you."

(Basically, Liang Ruowei is trying to provoke Yu Wei's temper and get Yu Wei to explode on her and the ML, so the ML will stop feeling sorry for her and regretting the sh!tty way he treated her.)

And Xu Chi even agreed with Liang Ruowei's words. He also thought that Ye Wei was speaking now with anger and that she needed to calm down before she severed their relationship. So he said: “Ye Wei, let’s go back first. We'll speak about today's events later."

Ye Wei blinked and said seriously, "Thank you for your understanding. Sister Wei (FL), your words make me understand more about how much you cared for Xu Chi. No one can surpass the love between you (so I won't even try). I sincerely wish that you two will get married soon, give birth to a precious son, grow old together, and live a happy life."

(Needless to say, this confuses the hell out of EVERYONE on the scene, who expected her to explode on realizing her year-long boyfriend was just using her. That Yu Wei is calm enough to give her shoddy ex- and his would-be new girlfriend a pass is beyond explaining to them).

Xu Chi was also baffled by Ye Wei ’s blessing, especially when he saw Ye Wei’s very sincere eyes, as if she was really sincerely blessing him (in his new relationship). "No, I don't need your blessing."

"Oh, okay." Ye Wei thought about it, and nodded, "I'm sorry then. Pretend you didn't hear me say that."

Xu Chi: "...?"

Cao Heng: "..." (Can't stop laughing...)

Liang Ruowei shook the corner of his mouth and whispered to Xu Chi and said, "Achi, I know Ye Wei must be very angry now, she is talking nonsense because she has anger in her heart, so please don't get angry also ..."

Ye Wei didn't hear Liang Ruowei's words, but just saw Xu Chi being so angry. She explained kindly: "I know now that I am both the biggest stumbling block and the victim on your mutual road to love. So I would like to give you both my forgiveness and blessing. You don’t have to feel guilty all the time to get real happiness (when it's right in front of you both)! ”

Cao Heng: "... Pump cough cough cough cough!" (He's choking from being so surprised)

Xu Chi: "???"

Liang Ruowei: "!!!!!!"

Ye Wei: "But if you both don't need my blessing and forgiveness to be happy together, then I'll just go."

She said nothing, and did not care about Xu Chi and Liang Ruowei's petrified appearance. Instead, she simply turned around and left.

Xu Chi was so angry that Ye Wei left in an apparent rage that he took the first two steps, "Ye Wei, what are you talking about-"

He didn't want Ye Wei to leave, but he didn't know what to say to keep her.

That scene was the BEST. I love how that damn FL kept trying to instigate Yu Wei into feeling rage -- only to have Yu Wei calmly expose her home-wrecking ways and then say: you want this trash man? Go ahead and keep him... and may you be happy with the bargain you got out of him.

And then the emotionally constipated ML kept trying to "calm Yu Wei down" when all she really wants is for him to stop bothering her and go after the FL already... it's comedy gold, seeing him suffer from watching someone he took for granted finally slip away!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020