Recruitment New translation group. Need staff. (TRANSLATORS HIGH DEMAND)

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by Bibliophile Society, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Bibliophile Society

Bibliophile Society Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've recently made a translation group named Bibliophile Society by myself but I need some staff to help out so I can release quicker updates. I need translators, proofreaders, and people proficient in managing Discord servers and websites.

Translators: fluent in Chinese, Korean, or Japanese (NEEDED MOST)
    Proofreaders: fluent in English
    Discord staff: I've only made the basic layout of the server and plan to add more later on. I need staff to help out and build up the server with me. Must have experience in making and moderating servers.
    Website staff: I have absolutely zero coding experience and would like to do a lot more on my website. Must have coding / website building experience. I can't add the link right now because I haven't uploaded five threads yet, apparently. We already have a main website manager but we'll take more.
    Other: Raw providers and people who can simply give feedback if they can't do anything else.

Current projects:
    I started Yeon Lok Heun (Korean) and picked up Pharaoh's Concubine (Chinese). I also plan on picking up Phoenix Against the World (Chinese).

AND TO CLARIFY THINGS, THIS IS ONLY VOLUNTEER WORK

If you're interested in working for Bibliophile Society, please contact me

Thank you and have a great day.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    thymee and TokioftheBel like this.
  2. nevelvir

nevelvir Master Sleepers

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I've added you on discord as LazyKoala, and am interested in joining

TokioftheBel likes this.
  3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    can you really call it a group if you're the only person?

Xxsafirex likes this.
  4. Stormaggeddon

Stormaggeddon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't know if it's just me, but wouldn't it be prudent to have the majority of the ppl you need before you start a group. makes sense to me.

thymee likes this.
  5. null

null Procrastinate Lv MAX

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you have 2 Vivibear / Zhang Weiwei novel there. Be careful from getting sued by hundreds author she plagiarize from.

6. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you have a website yet. Even a bare bones one to get releases out that people can look at? And a link for it?

Also links or synopsis of the novels you are currently translating. As people who may help can be largely influenced by the project they would help helm.

It is important to mention whether such positions would be paid or unpaid. Both have their merits and demerits and you don't need to go into detail but telling people that there would be compensation of some sort for time invested would help get interest and if there isn't it would at least filter through the people contacting you whom would only do it for money or something in return.

I can't help with my schedule, but I see lots of posts like these over the years (not quite so ambitious, I wish you luck.) And many miss details like these which would help retain attention and interest of people who may help and filter through those who never would have in the first place.

Just some advice i like to give.

7. Bibliophile Society

Bibliophile Society Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you. I included some of your advice. I have a website but I can't add it since I have to post five threads before it allows me to include links.