LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. imafire

imafire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 222 was so AWESOME!! Just a warning before I say anything more, read the chapter. No, seriously read the chapter first!

Here we see the rest of the fight with Birkyne, or should I say Guduranis? I'll go with Guduranis. We know for sure that Birkyne's mind was destroyed when the Demon King's Encroachment Degree skill reached level 10. What was left was Guduranis' shadow soul that forced itself to believe it was Birkyne. The fight felt awesome already, kinda helped I was just playing FF7 remake and I imagined the fights in that style.

At the end of the fight with Guduranis, we see Hihiryushukaka (god, I hope I got this long name correct on my first atempt) speaking with Guduranis, finally making him realize he is not Birkyne, but Guduranis. Hihiryushukaka from what I can tell felt immense joy in toying with his former "master" being under his control. What I did not expect was for Hihiryushukaka to take over Birkyne's body, and the awesome fight that went with it. Well, two enemies down and I think it is safe to assume that Van-sama consumed Hihiryushukaka's soul.

I want to discuss this chapter, but there was so much in it, that I ended up doing a summery... Oops. I do not know how else to discuss it at the moment so I decided to put how I felt about this chapter.

Thank you Yoshi, Sebas, and everyone else for this for this high tensed, action packed chapter!

ZeroR18, 0000000, Paps and 1 other person like this.
  2. diamonds

diamonds Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I was right. Site admin turned off comments for some reason, and now they are back on.

Nice chapter.

3. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    And that's another Evil God on the dinner table. RIP Hihiryushubaka

Paps likes this.
  4. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The hounds of Van were this [] close to being named as some kind of sentai/rangers, but their fear of magical girls got in the way....

Paps likes this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone remembers how the magical girls were a loose joke in a random episode that seemed that it would not have relevance throughout the series, maximum becoming a gag of the character of Zaridis, to currently be one of the main secondary plots and reach a degree of importance in the universe of the series that many times do not dare to talk about it for fear as if it were a contagious disease.

The two most important things in the chapter, one, the god whose name is so rare that I even get lazy trying to pronounce it, he died because he insulted Darcia, but most importantly, Van now has tentacles.

we all know where this is going
    but few of you know how the tentacles subplot will really end, uahahahahahahahaha
    It is also curious how Darcia's combat method is extremely similar to Vandeliu's, and the part where he uses his bone spines makes me wonder if his skeleton regenerates, if so Darcia could be a walking divine mineral mine .

Paps, anon and tirirism like this.
  6. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, unless I missed something, HER skeleton did not fire off any pieces of itself. She just transformed a part of it into talons that poked through her legs and then gored Hihiryushukaka with them. (BTW: Hihiryushukaka is actually one of the easier evil god names to remember for me. It's just "Hihi-ryu," same sylible pronounced twice followed by ryu, japanese word for dragon, "shu-kaka" shu, followed by kaka. Which is amusing, because kaka is an Itallian baby's word for poop. So, I remember it as "Haha, go away poopy dragon.")

Anyway, I didn't really catch the connection that Birkney was really Guduranis' personality fragment when I first read it. But then, I just read the entire arc in one sitting in MTL and didn't have weeks between chapters to sit and think about things. Advantage to waiting I guess, it lets you feel better about yourself for getting the chance to deduce things.

BTW:
    BTW: Countdown ends at 0

Paps likes this.
  7. Draksil

Draksil Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @jemini
    Her daggers were made from her own orichalcum skeleton. Also, of course her skeleton itself regenerates, otherwise what would she do if she ever lost a leg? She can cut off a leg and then use the leg-bone to make weapons and other things out of orichalcum with (although Van will likely never allow her to do so to provide his forces with high-tier weapons)

8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it was awsome. That sentai moment was hilarious!!!!!

9. adrianvs

adrianvs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Takoyaki, takoyaki yeeep
    the end was anticlimactic

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole point of giving her orichalcum bones, is so that she can never get a limb cut off. With her chaos power, and inner goddess, she can reform her bones, even get them to stick outside her body, but they are still her bones, they go back in.

11. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    NEW CHAPTER AGAIN!!

Edit: Dammit! NU got me again.

Paps likes this.
  12. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Iirc the most pathetic one, though not entirely his fault as Van's power score has gone literally off the rails a long while ago, the fact that he has Dragoon style Orbital Cannons and shit tons of arsenal, if he decides to go batshit all over Alda and his cronies, even if he fails to kill them all, he can probably reshaped the entire world with explosion. The hihi evil god is one of the most, if not the most, overly confident guy, and this is to take into accounts of Analda and Rodcock. To be this stupid to jump straight into the fight just because you have a power up when Van has at least fifteen power ups, plus a literal goddess as a mom, plus so many people to gangbang him, wow.

Also, thanks the translators for their great work and be safe!

tkato and tirirism like this.
  13. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of this, can van make space rockets yet. If he can get some dk familiars up into space and get satellites up and running than he can get world wide view and if need be orbital death beams, or just a giant chunk of dk fragment could come raining down from essentially anywear. Also if he can just go to any dungeon he's made and not just enters than have a seed pod that will make a dungeon anywhere he wants by just dropping it anywhere he wants. All of this is possible with the fragments he has right now if he can get his parts into space. And that the dk familiars dont need to breathe.

Paps likes this.
  14. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine he could probably make a golem powered containment pod, blast it into space using his DK familiar cannon, and open them up to be a whole space station, with a dungeon in it, for quick travel.

anon and Paps like this.
  15. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Woo, fun chapter with some nice action. Nice to see momma Darcia showing off a bit along with Van just making cannons pop out of nowhere and blasting. Speaking of those cannons and cannon balls... They're being called Demon King familiar's right? If that's the case, couldn't one say that Van was literally shooting himself out of himself, to later than blow himself up to damage Hihiryushukaka?

Anywho, definitely looking forward to see how Van will interact with the Shadow fragment if it's will didn't get obliterated along with Hihiryushukaka (totally copy pasted that name twice) in that shiny blast.

Paps likes this.
  16. Nessle

Nessle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it will most likely turn into an alterr ego or a sub personality or ,like any other fragmets,just be absored and be used .I think it is either of the three,seeing as vandaleiu really doesnt know whats going on in its head anymore and just goes with the flow,

17. Nessle

Nessle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Has anyone ever thought that gufradagran(not sure if spelled corectly)resembles more and more of a stand,just staying silenty behind vandalieu and when it comes to fighting,,you decided to fight my master...so you have chosen death"
    I really cant help but notoce at this point,the only missing thiing is just to be able to throw tens of punches per second and we got THE STAND in lambada

18. munerkie

munerkie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    mate we already have [banda] who is at this point a stand for mei, so Van getting a stand is just a matter of time

ZeroR18 and Eddy andres like this.
  19. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who needs rockets when you have literal titans and gods to help you hurl things into space.

20. Nessle

Nessle Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True to boot,one could say van has stand army in his body with all the group binding skills,and for banda he is an abomination of things,all that is missing is stoping time and gg